Start by marking “Jake Riley: Irreparably Damaged ” as Want to Read:
Jake Riley: Irreparably Damaged

Jake Riley: Irreparably Damaged

Jake Riley is a nice guy.
Jake Riley is a loser.
Jake Riley is a good friend.
Jake Riley is dangerous.

Everyone has a different idea about Jake. Lainey's friends think he's her boyfriend. Lainey's mother thinks he's sad. Lainey's guidance counselor thinks he is a bad influence on her.

None of these people really know the truth about Jak
Published June 3rd 2003 by HarperTeen (first published June 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Jake Riley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jake Riley

Start your review of Jake Riley: Irreparably Damaged
Courtney
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I recently read the book, Jake Riley: Irreparably Damaged, written by Rebecca Fjelland Davis. It contorts a message of how people are treated, what life is like in different circumstances and judging others when you, yourself don't know the whole tale. Lainey doesn't seem to understand Jake, he can be sweet, or he can be dangerously strange. As Lainey attempts figure Jake out she's putting herself into more danger than she realizes.
Jake Riley- loser, creep, mysterious, violent, dangerous
Stephanie A.
Jul 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
I figured out the title spoke truth in the second paragraph. What's your excuse, Lainey? Are you an irreparable moron? Actually, what's my excuse for finishing this piece of dreck?

Everything about this book was disturbing, starting with the opening paragraph where they're pulling the lights off lightning bugs. Cover to cover, I saw nothing redeeming in the character of Jake. Are we intended to feel sympathy for him? This is hard to do when he is constantly threatening Lainey with violence, and
Kate Yancey
Feb 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who enjoy emotional problem stories.
Recommended to Kate by: I found it.
Shelves: my-shelf
The cover of this book caught my attention. I read this book in the begeining of 7th grade. And after I 've read this book, I got hooked on books like heroine. I now read books like there is no tomorrow. Anyways, about this book. I read the back and it seemed like a bunch of boring stuff about a kid who is mentel. But then I read about maybe...six or seven pages and started to blush. I'm not kidding. This book has intresting topics pop up into it. It intrested me deeply. I've never read anything ...more
Coralie
Aug 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is about what happens when parents don't listen. Lainey, the main character in the book, is a hard-working farm girl who goes to a small high school. She is an average girl, has some friends, not super popular but not a social outcast. Jake is the son of the man who works for Lainey's father on the farm. Lainey and Jake become friends, after all, the are the same age and live on the same farm. Lainey discovers that Jake has many secrets, and when she becomes scared of him, and tells he ...more
Brooke
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: all-of-my-books
Kaitlyn
Feb 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was great but I dont recommend it to all people. Especially The elderly!!
Te 0's are eyes and the ~ is the mouth.High light the 0's and you have glasses and ta-da!!!!!< you have an elderly person with really cool glasses
0 0
~
Dr. Alex  Gray
Nov 21, 2011 marked it as abandoned
I got to page 150 I just could not get into this book. I found the book boring. It just dragged on for days, it spent like 2 chapters on a squirrel they saved. I could not connect with the main character beacuse I found him super anoying which made it hard to read.
Saidah Gilbert
Oct 28, 2013 rated it liked it
I must have liked because I remember that I read this book more than once. I don't remember the plot though.
Johnna Horton
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
I highly recommend this YA novel to anyone who works or has contact with children who've been behind the 8 ball their whole lives. Interesting psychological insight.
Sep 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Despite the opinion of his guidance counselor that he is dangerous and should be put away in another reform school, Jake
Cole Eckholm
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was a really fast read because of good detail. There was a lot of action and it was extreamly interesting. It's good right from the start. I'd give it 5 stars.
Donna Gobbell
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Just so-so.
Brenna Sydel
Jun 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Not too bad. But squeezing too much into one book. Also the characters are complete naive making this a little far fetched.
Sheena Nault
Oct 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! And the author was my English 101 teacher my first year of college!
Lisa
Jan 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: teen
disturbing
Kaity Yancey
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book I believe is what set me on a journey to reading in middle school. I really enjoyed how the characters reacted.
Leigh Paddon
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great story about friends, trauma, and how to navigate it all.
Chrissy Erickson
Oct 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This book is sooo great!!
Rebecca was my fiction teacher in college she is amazing!!
Lori
Mar 20, 2009 rated it liked it
This book was interesting. I had a hard time with the way it was written. I'm not sure what it was, but something about the style of writing did not appeal to me.
Margaret
Mar 27, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked it in a way. It's quite different from other books that I have read.
Selena Flores
Jan 07, 2012
Lyn
May 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rebecca Fjelland Davis is a novelist and children's book author who lives in Minnesota. She is currently an instructor at South Central College in Mankato, where she teaches Composition, Literature and Film, and Humanities.

Becky grew up on a farm outside of Huxley, Iowa. She graduated from Waldorf College, from St. Cloud State University, and received her Master of Fine Arts in Creativ