Start by marking “Seasons of Sorcery: A Fantasy Anthology” as Want to Read:
Seasons of Sorcery: A Fantasy Anthology

Seasons of Sorcery: A Fantasy Anthology

(Elemental Assassin #17.5 (Winter's Web))

WINTER'S WEB BY JENNIFER ESTEP
An assassin at a renaissance faire. What could possibly go wrong? Everything, if youre Gin Blanco. This Spider is trapped in someone elses icy weband it seems like they dont want her to leave the faire alive . . .

A CURSE FOR SPRING BY AMANDA BOUCHET

Published November 13th 2018 by Brightlynx Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Seasons of Sorcery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seasons of Sorcery

Start your review of Seasons of Sorcery: A Fantasy Anthology
Marta Cox
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to read these stories and happily say I think fans will not be disappointed.
Winters Web by Jennifer Estep
So what could possibly go wrong at a renaissance faire ? It's not as if Owen actually remembers trying to get tickets ! With our favourite assassin around being her paranoid best you would think most would give Gin a wide berth but maybe this time she's got it all wrong ? If you follow this series you will expect deceit and death and won't be
Blodeuedd Finland
WINTER'S WEB BY JENNIFER ESTEP

The story was ok and all, but, I have only read one Gin book and that was ageeees ago. I never read more. And I did feel like fans would love this so much more. WHile I was all, ok she is an Assassin. I guess those are her friends and BF. So she kicks some
melissafandomworld
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars for this awesome fantasy anthology!

WINTER'S WEB BY JENNIFER ESTEP 4****
A CURSE FOR SPRING BY AMANDA BOUCHET 5*****
THE DRAGONS OF SUMMER BY JEFFE KENNEDY 4,5 ****
A WILDERNESS OF GLASS BY GRACE DRAVEN 5*****

Full reviews on all these short stories are to be found on my blog:
CLICK HERE TO GO TO MY BLOG
Douglas Meeks
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WINTER'S WEB BY JENNIFER ESTEP - 4.5 Stars
Our beloved assassin at a renaissance faire. What could possibly go wrong? Well this story is basically like most of the stories in this series except the crooks seem to be a bit more stupid and a little nutso but that wont save them when they try to hurt Owen, Gin becomes angry when that happens and the bad guys really wont like her when she gets angry. If you love the series (I do) you will love this story (I did)

A WILDERNESS OF GLASS BY GRACE DRAVEN
Alexandra
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1018, 2020
I loved the anthology so much! I enjoyed especially Amanda's and Grace's stories too! The settings are amazing, the characters realistic and this cover is stunning!
G.
Dec 13, 2018 added it
I'm not giving this one an overall rating, because I only read Grace Draven's and Amanda Bouchet's novellas.

Grace Draven's novella was fantastic. I only wish it had been longer. Four stars.

Amanda Bouchet's novella had an interesting premise and solid writing, but both the world and the romance felt strangely lifeless. So, two stars?
Celestine
Overall, 3.4 stars. I thought the quality varied wildly in this anthology.

WINTER'S WEB BY JENNIFER ESTEP

I haven't read Estep's work. I read a couple of chapters in this novella, and felt the writing was immature and amateurish. Not for me, so I stopped. One star.

A WILDERNESS OF GLASS BY GRACE DRAVEN

This story falls in the Wraith Kings world, but features completely side characters as the leads. In fact, one is not quite human. Mostly, this haunting story made me feel a little sad, and I admit to
Lynn
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
WINTERS WEB by Jennifer Estep
Gin Blanco, Pork Pit cook by day, and assassin known as the Spider by night, along with her significant other, Owen, agrees to participate in a Ren-faire to benefit charity. Gin steps quite a bit out of her comfort zone to role play with Owen and their friends. Since Gin has many enemies, she is not surprised when all the fun turns deadly, except this time, there is someone dear to her whose life is at stake. As Gin deals in death by trade, new readers should expect
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Winters Web: At a local Renaissance Faire, Gin sees danger. Only this time, she isnt the target. But her fixation with Hugh and the Circle leads her to make mistakes. I like that we see Gin flustered, not looking at all the clues, not getting the bigger picture.

The novella is an entertaining short with all the usual bells and whistles of the full length stories in the series. The story is shared from Gins POV and it feels like a mini version of one of her tales. The story can be read as a
Melanie
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, fantasy, z-2018
Review originally posted at BooksOfMyHeart.net.

Winters Web by Jennifer Estep
I had fun with this short story with Gin and the gang at a Renaissance Festival. Of course Gin cant go anywhere without getting into trouble. I think fans of the series will enjoy this story, although you dont have to read it to continue the series. Im not sure if people who havent read Elemental Assassins will enjoy it as much. I just think they might not understand the world and the magic that exists in it well enough.
Jen Davis
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Winter's Web by Jennifer Estep - This is classic Elemental Assassin, and in just small novella, fans of the series will find just about everything they would get in a full length book, minus the progression of the larger story arc. Gin and her buddies are attending a Renaissance fair and volunteering to help out the guy that runs the thing (and also works for Owen.) While there, Gin realizes something is amiss and ends up facing a plot targeting one of our main characters.

Delicious food
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
An Elemental Assassin novella
Gin and Owens first trip to the renaissance festival was supposed to be fun! However, it turned out to be dangerous and decidedly more adventuresome then the one my family and I attended recently! I loved the action scenes and got a kick out of the villains arrogance. I also enjoyed the interspersed pockets of humor that helped keep things relatively light-hearted.

A Wilderness of Glass by Grace Draven
A World of the Wraith Kings
AlwaysV
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This anthology was such a treasure. Nothing can give us readers as much pleasure as having new novellas by our favorite authors published and presented to us in a gorgeous cover. Look no further for the best gift to ourselves for all seasons.

I read Jeffe Kennedy's The Dragons of Summer first because I just finished Arrows of the Heart and wanted to know more about the Uncharted Realms. And I was so happy beyond belief that the piece of information about Harlan's lost sister, Imperial Princess
Timitra
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

Winter's Web by Jennifer Estep- Rated 3.5 Stars

Winter's Web was action packed and had a dry humor to it that I liked. This was my first time reading this author and I look forward to reading a full length story by her.

A Wilderness of Glass by Grace Draven- Rated 4 Stars

A Wilderness of Glass is about two unlikely beings falling for one another. They are so very different yet the same. I enjoyed going on this journey with these characters.

A Curse For Spring by Amanda Bouchet- Rated
vicki (vbooked)
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mf, romance
I bought this Anthology because of Amanda Bouchet and her story was my favourite. I loved that I was able to get this finished in one sitting but I also wanted more of Rain and Darics story!
I really enjoyed the others but some of them felt like I needed context from other series. I have read Grace Dravens books but Ive never read anything by Jeffe Kennedy and Jennifer Estep; it was a nice introduction to their writing styles.
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)

My overall rating is the average of the following story ratings.

Winter's web by Jennifer Estep: 4/5 stars
A very piratey adventure for Gin and Owen. I enjoyed this story and I love when we get to see Owen fight for his lady.

A Wilderness of Glass by Grace Draven: 4/5
I really liked this mermaid story. It was interesting and I would love to read more.

A Curse for Spring by Amanda Bouchet: 5/5
Wow. This was my first time reading Amanda's work and it was so good. I loved everything about
aarya
Grace Dravens novella: 3 stars. The writing was beautiful but I wasnt feeling the romance.

Amanda Bouchets novella: 4.5 stars. OMG. I love this so much. I want more! SO MUCH LONGING AND ANGST AHHHHH. 😭

I didnt read the other two stories.
Sandy S
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

About the book: Release Date November 13, 2018

REVIEW: SEASONS OF SORCERY is a multi-authored fantasy anthology by Jennifer Estep, Grace Draven, Jeffe Kennedy and Amanda Bouchet. A great mix of writing styles, the anthology is a fantastic and entertaining peek at the other.

Katrina
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ive been meaning to read this book for over a month now. Im not really sure why I put it off for so long other than I tend to do that when Im sure I will love a book. Yes, I know that doesnt make sense but if I dont read the book the book cant end, so 😛.

Quick plug: I mainly picked this book up because of Amanda Bouchet and Grace Draven. I fell in love with the writing of both women. Bouchets Kingmaker series is highly addictive and Dravens Wraith Kings series is so swoon-worthy! If you havent
Kara-karina
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
WINTER'S WEB is alright. A solid 3/5, and as I stopped following Gin's adventures a long time ago, it was difficult for me to get back to this world. Still, a cool look at what can go wrong at Renaissance Fair and an enjoyable description of ridiculous costumes for main heroes.

A WILDERNESS OF GLASS by Grace Draven is undoubtedly 5/5. This was gorgeous, moody and poetic, definitely a must read for the fans of The Shape of Water. Like the previous short in the same setting this story is
Katie
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I received a copy of Seasons of Sorcery in exchange for an honest review of the novel.

Amanda Bouchet has been one of my favorite authors since her Kingmaker series was published. I am always eager to pick up a new work by her, so I was stoked to discover she was partnering with some other authors to create this fantasy anthology. I'll give a couple notes on each story:

Winter's Web by Jennifer Estep: I liked the characters, but I'll admit I felt a teeny bit lost given that these
Heather

A CURSE FOR SPRING BY AMANDA BOUCHET
A malevolent spell strangles the kingdom of Leathen in catastrophic drought. Prince Daric must break the curse before his people starve. A once-mighty goddess trapped in a human body might be the keybut saving his kingdom
Limecello
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, library
Gosh - this anthology!
So ... I wavered between 3-4 stars ... but considering how long it took me to read (and yes granted there was a gap in there because my library loan ended while I was reading it and had to wait to get another copy ...) still though. Like had I read it through I coulda knocked it out in a few hours which maybe is what I was doing as I hit the period but ... ANYWAY.

... I thought I tweeted once I finished it yesterday but I can't find it
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Seasons of Sorcery is a fantasy romance anthology with novellas from 4 well known authors in the genre. This is a great anthology, especially if you are already familiar with the authors. If you arent some of these read better as standalones than others. Grace Dravens and Amanda Bouchets work well by themselves. However, Jennifer Esteps and Jeffe Kennedys we would recommend you be familiar with the series they are set in before beginning. Overall though, if you are a fan of fantasy romance this ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
A CURSE FOR SPRING BY AMANDA BOUCHET 3*
I expected to like this more, but I think the curse of romantic fantasy is that you can't write a great novella in the genre without having an established world and characters. This is exactly what happened here. If the story took place over the course of a novel, it would have been amazing.

THE DRAGONS OF SUMMER BY JEFFE KENNEDY 4*
I loved that the story was from Haraln's POV. I liked revisiting the world and the characters. The main conflict were secrets
Carysa Locke
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bought this anthology for Grace Draven's novella. She's one of my favorite authors, and somehow I missed this anthology's release. It was, as always, a wonderfully entertaining read. I loved her unique take on mer-people, and of course the characters and their romance were fantastically drawn with layers of complexity.
Stephaniec
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5*
Really like jumping back in to the Elemental Assassin series
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2019
I only read A Wilderness of Glass by Grace Draven. Set in the Wraith Kings world it was a sweet novella about a lonely widow who saves and becomes friends / lover with a merman.
Liz
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, short
Rating is for A Wilderness of Glass
« previous 1 3 next »

• Warrior of the World (Chronicles of Dasnaria, #3)
  • The Arrows of the Heart (The Uncharted Realms #4)
  • Night Tide
  • Exile of the Seas (The Chronicles of Dasnaria #2)
  • In The Darkest Midnight
  • Prisoner of the Crown (The Chronicles of Dasnaria #1)
  • Wyvern
  • Sunday's Child
  • Madfall: A Duo of Dragon Shifter Novellas
  • American Witch
  • Haints and Hobwebs (Elemental Assassin, #4.7)
  • The Edge of the Blade (The Uncharted Realms #2)
  • The Orchid Throne (Forgotten Empires, #1)
  • The Talon of the Hawk (The Twelve Kingdoms, #3)
  • Winter’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #17.5)
  • A Wilderness of Glass
  • The Tears of the Rose (The Twelve Kingdoms, #2)
  • Amid the Winter Snow
Amanda Bouchet grew up in New England where she spent much of her time tromping around in the woods and making up grand adventures in her head. It was inevitable that one day she would start writing them down. She writes what she loves to read: epic exploits, steamy romance, and characters that make you laugh and cry.

Amanda is a French master's graduate and former English teacher. She lives in

Elemental Assassin (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
  • Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)
  • Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)
  • By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6)
  • Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9)
  • The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10)