Start by marking “The Mark” as Want to Read:
The Mark

The Mark

A Satanic cult. A woman's brutal assault. Can she face her darkest fear before a demon is unleashed from hell?

Kirsty Thompson is no stranger to trauma. But when a vicious attack leaves her drugged and disoriented, she never expected to wake up to a permanent scar. She starts having demonic visions, all linked to the ancient symbol carved deep into her back…

With the help of
Published September 25th 2018 by Amazon Media

To ask other readers questions about The Mark, please sign up.
Lee Mountford Hi - sorry for the late reply. They are stand-alone stories but set in the same fictional universe, and there are references to others in the series i…moreHi - sorry for the late reply. They are stand-alone stories but set in the same fictional universe, and there are references to others in the series in each book. You don't need to have read one to read the other.

Hope that helps!(less)

Start your review of The Mark
Marie
Author, Lee Mountford has done it again with writing a spine-chilling story that delves into your mind! A story that just goes beyond imagination and takes you on a ride into the horror of a satanic cult!

A little backstory for you readers:

Kirsty Thompson and some friends are out having a good time without a care in the world until she comes home and goes to bed. Noises in the night wake her up and she is not sure why she has alarm bells going off in her head, but she finds out quickly when an
Kimberly
THE MARK: A Supernatural Horror Novel, by Lee Mountford, is a book that was absolutely overflowing with a tense, thick atmosphere of dread all throughout. We get a brief foreshadowing in the very beginning, and from that point on, the tension and fear just continue to escalate.

Kirsty is out with her friends one night--everything business as usual--but after she returns home, events are set into motion that will leave her changed from that moment on.

". . . After tonight, nothing would be norma
Kenneth McKinley
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle, horror
The combination of old school and modern horror merge nicely in this demonic ghost story from Mountford. Imagine, if you will, you've had a rough week and you're still trying to get the remnants of an abusive relationship out of your system. So blowing off a little steam at the local pub with your friends seems like as good of a way to spend a Friday night as any. You take a taxi home, a little worse for wear, but nothing a good night's sleep and some Advil in the morning won't take care of. You ...more
Latasha
The story is very well written and thankfully there isn't a lot of time and details spent on the torture. It's fast paced and doesn't let up. The only issue i had with this book is the narrator. Hannibal Hills. He's done great work on some other books i've listened to but i didn't feel he was a good match for a book from a woman's pov. and there could've been a little more emotion there. However,I will still continue to read or listen to more from this author.

**i received this audio book in exc
Bill
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
A nicely done work with solid narration and an entertaining storyline. I listened to this one while doing a bunch of honey-do’s around the house and dug it.

“I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review."

John
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I began reading this book with absolutely no expectations whatsoever and by the end I was pleasantly surprised and aware that I had found a new favorite horror writer in Lee Mountford.
A young woman is attacked one night in her home by an unknown assailant and drugged into unconsciousness. She wakes up to find a mysterious symbol carved into her back that, after investigating, she discovers is an occult symbol that marks her body and soul as the property of a dark, malevolent entity. In a race a
Kevin Potter
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
Here we have a reasonably engaging tale that is sadly quite on the nose.

Okay, to start with Hannibal Hills gives us his usual impeccable performance that is a joy to listen to. His voices are excellently crafted, and while his female voices do leave the tiniest bit to be desired, I have no complaints. As always, his vocal inflections and tempo changes were spot on.

My one narrator issue with this book is that it's a little off-putting to listen to a male voice narrating a female led book.

Now, I
Lou
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This is my review of The Mark Audiobook. This is also the first of Lee Mountford’s work that I’ve ever read/listened to. It certainly won’t be the last!!
The Mark is a fast-paced, suspenseful horror story. L. Mountford has written The Mark in such a way that it gets you thinking as you read, it makes you pause and reflect from time to time, or at least pause and look over your shoulder. I did this more than once!!
The Mark is a creepy and unsettling read, one of the best I’ve encountered for a whi
Jenni
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
And they are all dead!!! Not a surprising ending but this book did have a few good twists and gradually got creepier. More of a gore fest than scary at the end, but still not a bad book.. I will definitely read more from this author!!!
Steve Kas
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Honestly, I'm still reading the book. It's fun, and reminds me (to some extent) of horror films I've enjoyed, like Suspiria, and others where a person (oftentimes a young, intelligent, rather innocent woman) gets involved in some supernatural mystery and, finds little to no help from inept and apathetic police, and eventually seeks help from a professor, who refers her to ancient texts describing ancient rites, then she decides she must get to the bottom of the mystery herself, for the police wo ...more
Shawn Durham
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Jordan Anderson
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adam Neville may still be one of the U.K.’s new leading voices in the resurgence of decently written horror, but I’ll be damned if Lee Mountford isn’t nipping at his heals.

Like The Demonic, The Mark is one of those rare horror novels that actually manages to be both well written and actually a bit creepy. It’s not schlocky or cheap and it’s story, while not wholly 100% original, is good enough to be entertaining and hard to put down. Mountford’s ability to keep the reader enthralled till the ver
Soukyan Blackwood
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
all reviews in one place:
night mode reading
;
skaitom nakties rezimu

About the Book: One night a stranger breaks into Kirsty’s home, drugs her, and brands her back with strange occult symbols. Ever since she had no peace. At first she thought of the visions of nightmarish creatures as delusions or PTSD symptoms. But when her friend is attacked by the same demons, she knows she only has one option now: find the man who did this, and make him take it away.

My Opinion: This is some poor writi
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
*********** AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ***********

Lee Mountford seems to love creating these creeptastic storylines that make you wonder about so many things. I love when an author stretches the realms of possibilities and really makes it work! I mean, The Mark, seems like a totally outlandish storyline but really had me questioning what if... I love stories that make you think... that make you wonder. I feel like this is somewhat an addition to Tormented. However, it isn’t necessary to read or listen to
Nick
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I was given this free review copy audio book at my request and have voluntarily left this review.

The Book (Audible audio book option not available on goodreads at time of writing)

The concept of the story is good and suitably creepy, you'll find yourself turning pages quite quickly to get to the next part of the story. The swearing is a bit overused at times but otherwise it manages to set a very eerie atmosphere, the initial attack feels quite fraught and subsequent character reactions are gener
Minx
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
As far as a horror book, The Mark had its ups and downs. The story started off on a very chilling and horrifying note, I enjoyed that. There was a period of discovery for Kirsty Thompson as she started the process of trying to figure out what it was exactly that happened to her, a most natural reaction. Where things became a little silly for me was when Kirsty decided that she was going to take matters into her own hands. Sigh, silly girl, this is a horror book not a cozy mystery.

Things did not
Jay
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
First, let me say that this is not as bloody as Lee Mountford's other book, "Tormented". It is not tame though. I thought I had a handle on the direction the story was going and then it changed on me. I love how no character is sacred enough not to bludgeon to death. This is not a possession story in the classic sense which I really enjoyed. I felt bad for some of the antagonists, but I really liked the ending. Don't read this if you don't like horror. There is some horrific content enclosed in ...more
Katrina Gradias
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Completely Thrilling!!

This was a completely awesome horror book! Right from the first page it grabbed my attention and never let it go. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't put it down so I read it all in one night. I'm a bit of a sissy so I will admit I was kinda scared when I was the only one up at 3am and I'm reading the parts about paranormal and occult. Was totally worth it though, a few nights with the lights on should fix my sissiness 😉. I would definitely recommend this book
Duncan Thompson
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
People liken Lee Mountford's work to that of Clive Barker. Those people are wrong. I've read all of Lee's novels to date and, as an avid fan of the horror genre, hand on heart, Mr Mountford's writing is far greater. With each novel he produces, his writing improves immensely. Traditional publishing houses take note; this is horror at its best, this is British writing at its best, this is British Horror at its best. This is Lee Mountford. If you want vivid, fast paced writing, which entertains wh ...more
Lynn Keith
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very Nice

I have no particular type of fiction that I prefer. With the exception of romance novels (yuck), I like all genres. Mr. Mountford's brand of supernatural horror seems to be very much like Stephen King, only four steps darker. Not bloodier, just darker. The evil in these books is more tangible, more hell-based. I should mention that this is my second book by the author and I am referring to both.
I need to say that I like these books. They are well written, well plotted, with well-drawn
Johann
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Mythos!!

Kirsty has had her share of pain and disappointment in her life but all of that pales in comparison to what Simon does to her. Simon seems to have his own demons...and he's compelled to share them. Since the insane symbol has been carved in Kirsty's back, her reality has just taken a plunge to a depth that seems to go beyond Hell. Will she figure out a way to be un-marked and thus get back to a normal life or will she end up like all the other victims that Simon has inflicted?
De
Rachel
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm becoming obsessed with Lee Mountford. His books are sooo good! The Mark is so creepy. I get kinda frustrated with supernatural books because the endings tend to be all over the place and not make alot of sense to me but Mr.Mountford was able to tie this ending up all neat. I loved loved loved this book. It's nice to have a new horror author to be obsessed with and to be positive his books will scare me!
Claudia
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, audiobook
A really nice mix of old and new horror, and one that I really enjoyed it. The story kept me listening and soon I was hooked into Kirsty's mind, her frustration and fear.

The tension builds slowly but steadily and the end is simply perfect and deeply satisfying.

Hannibal Hills does an excellent job with the narration, although it was a little weird have a male narrator in a book with a female's POV.
John Morris
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
A true horror fest!

Unfortunately, this book was not to my taste. I enjoy the supernatural, haunted houses and things that go bump in the night but this gore soaked tale left me cold. It reminded me of some late night B movie from the "Horror Channel". I can't fault the author's imagination and the book will, no doubt, be praised by hard core horror fans. But, it wasn't for me.
angela
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn’t like it....too gory, not enough suspense

It wasn’t a bad book, if you’re into that kind of thing. I just didn’t like it. There was not enough mystery....the answers came too easy and it was too predictable. I also didn’t like the gore.
Otherwise, well written with no punctuation, spelling, or grammar errors that I could discern.
Jason M
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Terrifying Read by The Master of Occult Horror

Lee Mountford is a Sick Maniac. His Imagination in Occult Horror is incredible. I really love how everything I’ve read is all connected in the same Universe. If you like True Gory Horror, You will enjoy The Mark. My only disappointment is knowing that I only have
Sara Connor
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Good concept in theory

I purchased this book, liking the concept. The story line took a strange twist toward the end that seemed a bit lacking in imagination. It had a pretty predictable ending, and I was disappointed.
Julie Rein
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely gripping thriller

This book grabs you by the throat and takes you on a hair raising adventure to hell. Great characters with wild plot twists and creepy demons lurking around. Loved it
Deedra
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!Just wow!A really fantastic horror story! Hannibal Hills is a terrific narrator.I have been enjoying his books. I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Vee James
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable, cinematic read. I cast Christopher Lee as the cult leader! It had that B-movie feel but with s little more gristle and graphic, deadly consequences. I would love to see a special effects genius bring the entities to the screen.
Horror Aficionados : October 2018 Group Read with Guest Author, Lee Mountford 40 147 Oct 11, 2018 08:57AM

• The Room Upstairs
  • Hell:  The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens
  • Dark Halls
  • The Haunting of Hathaway House
  • The Splendor of Fear
  • The Horror at Criven Farm
  • A Haunting in Rose Grove
  • The Haunting of Lannister Hall
  • House Beneath the Bridge (A horror novel)
  • The Ghosts of David Brook
  • Malefic (House of Souls #2)
  • Intercepts
  • The Haunting of the King's Head
  • Dark Ride
  • The Harvest (The Bell Witch #1)
  • The Picture Frame
  • The Nightmare Room (The Messy Man, #1)
  • The Occupant (Afterlife Investigations, #3)
I am a new author with a love of Horror.

Of course, other genres float my boat as well; Sci-Fi, Thrillers, pretty much any Dark Fiction, but Horror is what I call home.

My first novel, Horror in the Woods, was released on 5th May, and the second, The Demonic, on the 18th July.

You can find out more about me on my website, but also, don't forget to claim your FREE ebook
:http://eepurl.com/cNVDj1