Start by marking “Finding Home (Roped by the Cowboy, 1)” as Want to Read:
Finding Home (Roped by the Cowboy, 1)

Finding Home

(Roped by the Cowboy #1)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Life is unpredictable. Vivian learned that the hard way and did the only thing she could: she ran. But life isn’t about to let her off easy.

Nash is everything a woman wants and nothing Vivian could have planned for. Gorgeous with his sexy blue-eyed stare, toned body, and wearing a cowboy hat, he’s the perfect package and Vivian’s ideal rebound. Too bad he wants nothing to
ebook, First, 163 pages
Published October 18th 2018 by J.C. Valentine

To ask other readers questions about Finding Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Home

Nadine Bookaholic
You can see this review along with an excerpt and giveaway here Nadine's Obsessed with Books

This book, for me, shows the sweeter side of J.C. Valentine's writing, if you are looking for an erotic read this isn't it....well maybe the next book in the duet but definitely not this first one. In this one we start off with two people that don't know anything about one another they just don't like what they see, but you know what they say about reading a book by its cover..... Yes this does change bu
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Vivian learns that her husband has other ideas about their happily ever after, and unexpectedly hands her divorce papers, she isn't quite sure what to do with herself. She thought her life was near perfect, one minute she was living the high society life, the next she was loading her meager belongings into her car and hitting the road in search of a new life. Which takes her to a little one horse town, full of eccentric folks, that welcome her with open arms... well all of them except one e ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author is becoming my go to author when I want a great read. Vivian need a new start and drives aimlessly towards the coast. Unexpected car troubles waylay her getting to the ocean and she ended up in a dinky little town where everybody helps everybody in knows their business. She meets Nash when fancy little car blows out a tire, things to go downhill from there. Gretta is the matriarch of the town and it’s a riot, some of the things that come out of her mouth are really hilarious. Comple ...more
Debs
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What is there not to love when a classy city woman runs out of gas in a small town? Then to have a sexy cowboy ride up on his horse to assist the woman is a recipe for a hot sexy book that is a real page turner. I love Vivian and Nash's story, but you can't forget about Gretta as she is such a big part of the story. With all the chemistry and the different lives these two have lived, it is not all smooth sailing as their chemistry singes the pages on part one of their romance. I look forward to ...more
Books Laid Bare
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vivian has a perfect life, or so she thinks but all that changes when the rug from under her and she finds herself face to face with divorce. Life as she knew it was over almost instantly and she was facing a future that she would never have contemplated. She packs everything she can into her car and takes off, in search of not just a new normal but also to find herself in amongst that chaos.

She eventually ends up in probably the last place she would have ever thought possible, a little country
Sue Galuska
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vivian Parish just found out her husband, well now her ex-husband, cheated on her with with a guy! Embarrassed and not knowing what to do, Vivian took off hoping to find a new direction in her life. Growing up wealthy, Vivian has not experienced much in life. While on her way to the ocean, Vivian's car gets a flat tire in a small, no-name town. Imagine her surprise when a good looking cowboy rescues her! Too be he ends up being a jerk!

Nash MacArthur knows this little cutie is just passing throug
Jessica Cox
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Upper Class city woman Vivian just filed divorce from her husband after finding out he cheated on her. She gasses up her porsche and decides to just go to where ever the road leads. She is almost outta gas and then she has a blowout on a country road in some hick town. Prince Cowboy shows up on horseback and fixes her tire and helps her find her way. She ends up at Gretta's place . Gretta is a fiesty older widow who is lonely she offers Vivian a place for the night . What she ends up getting is ...more
Jenny Brightman Harris
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book with the understanding that I could leave a voluntary and honest review.

In this book we meet Vivian and Nash. Vivian just wants to see the ocean but what she will settle for is civilization. One look however at the sexy cowboy has her practically jumping for joy. To bad that is the same moment one of her tires decides to blow. Vivian knows she should look but not touch if her divorce has taught her anything however there is just something about that cowboy. The more things
Amy Stephens
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
JC Valentine is one of my favorite authors and I've read almost everything she's written. One thing I love about her is she's not afraid to try something different. Finding Home is unlike any of her other works and I have to honestly say, I think this is one of the best written stories she's released. The writing just seemed so natural and the flow of the story makes me think this is a genre where JC truly belongs!

Vivian and Nash were two individuals looking for an escape. Though they were comp
Christina Concus (Moonlight Novels)
I have read almost all of J.C. Valentine's books and I have to say that so far this one is in my top 5 reads.

Vivian knows that she needs to get away from the life that she has always known. When she decides to just get in the car and drive with no real destination in mind besides the ocean. When she ends in a town that is so small that everyone knows everyone and what is happening, she is not sure she will stay. However, the people of the town really start to grow on her what will she do?

Nash is
Risa
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced/review copy of this book. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content and honesty of my review.

I loved this book. At first, I wasn't a fan of Vivian; she was, frankly, somewhat of a spoiled princess at the beginning, but as her character developed, I grew to love her. She went from being snooty and unapproachable to being sweet, caring, and friendly. I just loved getting to know her.

Nash is a bit of a jerk and he has a huge chip on his shoulder, but you unde
Kim
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When the unexpected happens Vivian gets in her only possession she owned .. her Porsche .. and drove and drove and drove, she wanted to see the water but when the gas gauge reads empty and then a flat tire she i has to make a detour and it was the BEST detour she could have made.

When she has to make an unexpected stop in Hayfield she thinks maybe just maybe she could make herself a new home here. The people in this small town are all so friendly and welcoming that maybe she will stay.

When a cer
Mary
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful, thoughtful, compelling. Vivian to me has always been lost. She got married out of convenience, something that just happened but without love. Then her husband cheats on her and she just drives. She lands in small town America where life moves at a very different pace from the big city. What she doesn’t expect is to find acceptance, love, friendship, without any strings. This was so unexpected for me as I went on this journey with Vivian. She meets amazing people, Gretta and Nash, that ...more
Kristi
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vivian is desperate for a fresh start after finding her husband in bed with another man. She's packed everything she owns into her Porche and is now on a road trip to nowhere. Until she gets an unexpected flat that has her crossing paths with a man and his horse.

This is a sweet and sassy story filled with feisty banter, new friendships, and the desire to trust again. I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
Cassie
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I ❤ Gretta!!! She absolutely MADE this story for me. Perfect small town staple.

This was something new from JC Valentine and I really liked it. Vivian and Nate's City Girl & Country Boy, opposites attract chemistry was radiating off my kindle. I enjoyed how welcoming this town was to Vivian and how it was instrumental it was in her growth. I wanted to seriously hurt Andrew numerous times throughout this book and hated how it changed Vivian's relationship with Nate, when it was just getting be
Jenn Allen
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm loving the start of this duet so much. I felt connected to Vivian. Lost and alone in the world, wanting to be independent but needing a connection. I'm looking forward to more of everyone. Nash and his quiet strength. Gretta is amazing, the wisdom of her years, her quirks that made me smile. Loved it and can't wait for the next step in Vivian's life.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Tessa
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the pace of Finding Home. There’s no rush to get to the end. It reminded me of sitting on a rocking chair on the front porch with a glass of sweet tea on a cool night. We learn about Vivian and so much about Nash. Vivian and Nash are more than opposites and they worked perfectly. Their stories will steal your heart and the references to cowboy living was right on. This love after heartbreak story is beautiful and I can’t wait for more.
Juli Hall
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read a lot of J.C. Valentine's books and this one was so different than her normal. I absolutely adored it. It's a quick read, I finished in a day. I love how strong and witty Vivian is, she doesn't put up with anyone's crap. Nash is a hard one, after losing his wife it's understanding. And Greta, I absolutely love her, she's meddling, gossiping and truly cares for everyone in the small town. Can't wait to see if Nash and Vivian get a happy ending in the next book.
Tracy Fritts
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
What a wonderful sweet story about these two characters Nash and Vivian. It was well written and the words flowed easily. I couldn't stop reading this story from the first chapter. It does leave off on a cliffhanger. I look forward to reading the next book in this series. I voluntarily read this ARC and this is my honest review.
Latifa Morrisette
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love how JC Valentine can write a combination of books and still intrigue me with each one. Finding Home definitely showcases how flexible her book style can be and the different genres she writes. This book was as amazingly written and I absolutely loved it. I love Nash and Vivian and their different personalities. I can't wait to see what's next.
Shelly
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vivian and Nash are complete opposites.She is city and he is country and they have a funny and sexy attraction.I can't wait for more from them!!! Gretta made me laugh out loud and I loved her!!!
R yatsko
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect small town romance,
..second chance at love story..

Love the characters, who are total opposite.
...that come together, a beautiful compelling love story..

Sisters with a Booktique
I received an advance copy of this book and I’ll be really honest, I had never heard of the author before. But after this book, I’m sure that I’ll be reading all of her other books. With this being part one of the duet, I cannot wait for the next one. This book does end on a cliffhanger and I can’t really wait to read what happens between Vivian and Nash. But I’m most excited about Miss Gretta. She’s a hoot! Loved that woman.

This is a sweet love story, filled with feisty banter that leaves you l
Ronda
Oct 20, 2018
Teresa Williams
Nov 10, 2018
REVEAL, BLITZ, TOUR SIGNUP! 1 3 Sep 21, 2018 05:04PM
J.C. Valentine is the USA Today and International bestselling author of the Night Calls and Wayward Fighters Series and the Forbidden Trilogy. Her vivid imagination and love of words and romance had her penning her own romance stories from an early age, which, despite being poorly edited and written longhand, she forced friends and family members to read. No, she isn't sorry.

J.C. lives in the Nort