Start by marking “Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar, #2)” as Want to Read:
Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar, #2)

Letters to Molly

(Maysen Jar #2)

Molly Alcott didn’t expect to open her mailbox one summer morning and find an old letter stuffed between bills and a supermarket flyer. Penned in familiar handwriting, dated over fifteen years ago, the letter was written to Molly after her first date with the man she’ll never forget.

Week after week, new letters appear. Each marks an event in the history of their epic love
Published June 18th 2019 by Devney Perry

Start your review of Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar, #2)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LETTERS TO MOLLY: Is the second full length romance novel in Devney Perry's 'Maysen Jar' series. In this we meet Molly and Finn. Spoken in Dual POV's.

We're first introduced to this couple (Molly & Finn) when Poppy, Molly's best friend (who we met in the first book) gets all her favourite people all in one place for dinner before Finn gets too busy with his last two semesters of school. And it was the perfect time for Finn to meet her new boyfriend Jamie.

From that first meet with Molly thin
Corina
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this is embarrassing - I totally forgot to post my review. It's been on the blog since release day and I totally dropped the ball here....

So here it is...

___________________________________

I was honestly blown away by this book.

There are romance novels, and then there are LOVE STORIES!!

This book is a love story – one that will tug on your heartstrings, make you feel good, but also doesn’t pull any punches. It’s raw and REAL!!!! We rarely get books like this.

Both Molly and Finn go through hea
Phuong ✯
✩⡱ original rating 2019: 4.25 stars
✩⡱ re-read June 2021: 4.25-4.5 stars

While I wait here until Danielle Lori will finally announce a release date for My Dear Husband, I was in the mood to re-read one of my favorite cheating books. I have exactly two books with cheating that I like and Letters to Molly is one of them.

I'm upping the rating a little bit, because I've been struggling with reading/books lately and read like a blind turtle, but with this book I had no problem. Read it in one sitt
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

My eyes fell shut, my breath stolen by the sensation of him filling the voids I’d ignored for so, so long. Here, in this place, everything made sense. Nothing was careless. Here, together, it was like going backward in time. We traveled to the days when those letters were being penned. To when happiness radiated around us.

”LETTERS TO MOLLY” is the bittersweet and angsty second chance romance between Molly and Finn Alcott, who you may remember
Carvanz
Oh my gosh! Devney Perry does it again! She takes a trope that I am usually hard set against and turns it into a work of art that I can’t help but love! Letters to Molly is one of the most painfully, beautiful romances I’ve read.

Divorced, Molly and Finn have found a place where they can exist together with their children in a healthy and loving way. But one night after too much wine, they find themselves stumbling out of bed the next morning, both in turmoil over the night before. It should hav
Stacey is Sassy
I'm in a quandary with this one...

I was hesitant to start this story when it hit my Kindle. If I was to write a bullet point summary of Letters to Molly, you would surely be convinced that there was no hope for Molly and Finn. I already knew things about this couple that did not put them in a favourable light. But, I also knew that these characters were very human, vulnerable and capable of love, loyalty and compassion. How did I end up enjoying a story with a subject matter that I normally HATE
Debbie Oliphant
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, loved this book!!!!!!!
Jessica | JustReadingJess
Letters to Molly is the sequel to The Birthday List. Letters to Molly can be read as a standalone, but this would ruin The Birthday List. I recommend reading The Birthday List first. If you loved Molly and Finn you have to read Letters to Molly. It is the story I didn’t know I needed.
Diana
It is very rare for me to sit down with a book and get totally sucked into the story. Letters to Molly sucked me in from the beginning. With the author’s easy to read and fluid writing, I just couldn’t read fast enough, let alone put my kindle down.

I don’t want to tell you too much about the story because it’s something you should experience for yourself. It was at times heartbreaking, yet very real. Molly and Finn have been divorced for years, but never really stopped loving each other. Thrown
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

When I met Finn and Molly in The Birthday List I was more than enamored with them. The fact that Molly seemed to be the catalyst for the explosion of their marriage intrigued me. I was so curious as to what exactly transpired between this couple, and I found myself already invested in their HEA, even though I had no idea that they would be getting a book. So, when the announcement came that Letters to Molly, a companion novel to TBL, was coming, I was beyond happy.

Finn and Molly are sp
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
An emotionally gripping second chance romance that will melt your heart and make you believe in love! That’s what Letters to Molly is.

I knew going in that I’d be an emotional wreck while reading this book, but as it turns out, It was so much more! I couldn’t put it down. The story pulled me in and wouldn’t let go. Molly and Finn’s story is phenomenal. I’d been waiting to see how it would play out and I was beyond impressed!

Here’s what I loved:
The flow of the series is perfect. The characters an
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly, missy
Here's the deal.

I am not usually drawn toward romance stories about the trials and tribulations of married life, or - as the case may be - divorced life. It's a little too real life for me. My sappy little romance loving heart is wildly addicted to fairytales and all the belly fluttering "falling in love" feelings that come with them. But y'all? Devney Perry is some kind of magician. Because this book is all of those things I usually try to avoid -- but it was sheer perfection.

I mean, don't get
Heather❀Kiss The Pages❀
How do I explain the level of emotions this book brought out of me? I went from heartbreak to longing to swooning and I am just in absolute awe of Devney Perry's writing! This book starts off with the couple divorced and this is their second chance story. There is something about a couple who made vows to each other, lost their way and then get the chance to find their way back to each other that just speaks to my heart.

Can I tell you how much Molly and Finn broke my heart??!! Why wasn't love e
Radd Reader
“Darling Molly,
I just might have to marry you. Again.”

This is a book 2 in the Maysen Jar series and I would suggest you read book 1 before you read this one. First of all, book 1 is fabulous. Besides that, the main characters are introduced and are actually a pretty big part of the first book. For me, reading Book 1 established the foundation for this story and ensured I was fully invested in the story of Molly and Finn.

This is a second chance romance for a divorced couple with two kids, so
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“The thing about divorce is, there isn’t always one mistake. One nuclear bomb dropped on a couple that destroys their marriage. Sometimes, it creeps up on you slowly. And one day, realization hits and all you know is that you don’t want to be married anymore.”

When it comes to the romance novel, you can’t throw a rock without hitting a second chances scenario where couples reunite after years spent apart, and while this happens to be one of my favourite tropes, it doesn’t happen all t
Fre06 Begum
Malene
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Letters to Molly was a wonderful and emotional second chance romance. I had already been introduced to Molly and Finn in The Birthday List so I couldn’t wait to get their story and hopefully a their HEA.
All the lovely characters from the previous book appeared and I enjoyed every minute. Molly and Finn’s road back to each other was hard at times. They share a lot of history and that also made their connection stronger. Something I easily felt and made the story that more enjoyable for me.
Their
Wil Loves Books!
This was absolutely amazing! Truly deserves all the stars cause it definitely brought all the feels. Ever since I read The Birthday List I was super intrigued by Finn and Molly’s story/relationship. So I was super excited to find out their book was upcoming. But I have to confess that I was on the fence about reading this book because the other Devney Perry books I’ve read before have been hit or miss for me. I’ve felt like her books were always missing some serious feels and angst even though h ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

4.5 beautiful stars

‘Watch out Molly Todd. I just might have to marry you.’

Devney Perry has this unique ability of writing such beautiful stories with incredible heartfelt emotion and romance. Her style of writing is flawless, her stories enthralling and emotionally haunting at times. Her characters have real-life issues, trials, and tribulations but they all have that one important thing in common, soul mate love. It was heart-breaking in parts, funny in others and so incredibly sweet and romant
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars ⭐️
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Molly and Finn met and fell in love when she was still in college. It was one of those corny love at first sight stories where they connected instantly and married young, living happily ever after. Well, not quite like that. In fact they are now divorced and share the care of their two young children. They have been separated for six years now and in that time Molly has never met anyone else to share her life with. All of her focus has been on the children and working.

Finn has had girlfriends an
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Some mistakes were unforgivable. Some mistakes came with a regret that lived like a monster in your soul.”

Letters to Molly was one of my highly anticipated reads for 2019; from the moment it was announced I could not wait to get my hands on a copy and devour it like I have every Devney book so far. To be honest I was quite nervous about Letters to Molly, because The Birthday List is one of my all-time favourite books and my expectations for the second installment of the Maysen Jar s
Amanda
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
6 huge Darling Molly Stars! My oh my, I’ve been waiting for this book ever since I read The Birthday List! I was desperate for Finn and Molly’s story. And it didn’t disappoint one bit. I completely devoured this book from start to finish. So much emotion, heartbreak and love. This book was so packed full of love, it bleeds off the pages, even when the characters are in pain, you can feel all that love. I already want to read it again!

By far, one of my top reads of 2019.
Syndi
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow! I love this book much more than the first book. I always have a soft heart for a story after that HEA. And Letters to Molly gives me that. It gives the real raw, sometimes not pretty, sometimes cute life during marriage. Marriage is a lifetime works. A constant adjustment. A constant open and constructive communication. Some couples stay married but drifting apart together. Some couples, like Molly and Finn, it survives the burning fire.

Both of them scarred and broken from their marriage.
Elle G.
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Release Date: June 18, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Letters to Molly is a breathtaking second chance romance filled with heart and originality that I have come to know and love from the author. This book is unexpectedly brilliant. I say that because I knew it was going to be a beautiful love story however, I didn't realize how deeply touching it was going to be. People think that second chances are like fairy tales especially when it comes to divorce. But Devney
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
 photo 47BA5B0C-0E51-4387-939A-768AAFE4E80A.jpg

"There is no version of my future where you aren't by my side."

Letters to Molly is book two in the Maysen Jar series but reads as a complete standalone. It's centering around Molly and Finn, a divorced couple dealing with life as we know it and how to move on from there. It's a stunning journey of finding yourself and rekindling love between a couple that thought it wouldn't be there again.

It’s really amazing when an author can take a disliked character (Finn in The Birthday List IMO)
AJ
5 second-chance stars!

Devney Perry is such an amazing storyteller, and she’s given us a beautiful second-chance-romance with this book! The second in the Maysen Jar series, this is the story of Molly and Finn (respectively the best friend and brother of Poppy from The Birthday List).

Molly and Finn met through Poppy, fell in mad love, got married and had two children. They were happy together… and then they weren’t. They have now been divorced for six years and they share equal custody of their
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
4.5 stars! Read and finished this in a day, that's how sucked into the story I was. I just love this series so, so much! ...more
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Very sensitive and yet very, very sensible... What a fabulous combo💕
Thoughtful in mood, Thought provoking in content and well thought out in plotting, If I can sum up the story in one sentence, it'd be - a tragic story between two life changing incidents.
It's not the first and only story of Divorce trope or troubles of married life, But the uniqueness lies in the unexampled narration and plotting. This book has easily wormed it's way in my favorite books list from this year.
This be my first boo

• The Brazen (Calamity Montana, #3)
  • The Bluff (Calamity Montana, #2)
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • The Last Post
  • I Hate You
  • All It Takes (Romancing Manhattan, #2)
  • The Prenup
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • One Year Home
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Enchanting Sebastian (Big Sky Royal #1)
  • Wonder With Me (With Me In Seattle, #12.5)
  • If I Only Knew (Second Time Around, #4)
  • Reveal (Wicked Ways, #2)
  • This Is Love (This is, #3)
  • White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet Book 2)
  • Broken Halo (The Montgomerys, #2)
See top shelves…
Devney is a USA Today bestselling author who lives in Washington with her husband and two sons. Born and raised in Montana, she loves writing books set in her treasured home state. After working in the technology industry for nearly a decade, she abandoned conference calls and project schedules to enjoy a slower pace at home with her family. Writing one book, let alone many, was not something she ...more

Maysen Jar (2 books)
  • The Birthday List (Maysen Jar, #1)

News & Interviews

Audiobooks are an incredible way to experience stories—a great narrator can use their voice bring the narrative to life in a way that the...
“I’ve been in love with you since I was twenty-one years old. I might not wear the ring, but that doesn’t mean I don’t feel it there.” 4 likes
“I love you.” Finn kissed my hair. “In case that wasn’t perfectly clear. I love you, my darling Molly. For the rest of my days.” 3 likes