Start by marking “Verity” as Want to Read:
Verity

Verity

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  78,117 ratings  ·  14,191 reviews
Lowen Ashleigh is a struggling writer on the brink of financial ruin when she accepts the job offer of a lifetime. Jeremy Crawford, husband of bestselling author Verity Crawford, has hired Lowen to complete the remaining books in a successful series his injured wife is unable to finish.

Lowen arrives at the Crawford home, ready to sort through years of Verity's notes and
Published December 7th 2018 by Hoover Ink, Inc.
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Verity, please sign up.
Brittany
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  78,117 ratings  ·  14,191 reviews

Start your review of Verity
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Me, rollerblading into my therapist’s office with sunglasses and a piña colada and dropping this book on the desk with a resounding thud: Karen, we have much to talk about.

Why read Verity when you can just pull out a Ouija board and summon a demon? I'm sure it’ll have the same effect. I finished this book feeling completely sapped of life, as if I've been bleeding freely for the past few hours instead of simply reading. I wish I could just shake my head to dissolve the memory of that ending, to
Emily May
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Emily May by: Chelsea Humphrey
"Find what you love and let it kill you."
-Charles Bukowski

Woah, this was fuuuucked up. It should really come with a warning: do not start reading this at night if you want to sleep.

For two reasons, actually. One, it is so compulsively readable that it's almost impossible to put it down until you've finished it. And two, it is seriously creepy and disturbing. Warnings for depictions of child abuse and some graphic violence.

Perhaps this doesn't need to be said, but Verity is definitely not a
Colleen Hoover
Dec 06, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Help me.
Melissa
Bold. Unrelenting. All-consuming. Creepy. Unputdownable.

What I’ve come to appreciate most about Colleen Hoover’s work—whether it’s an emotionally charged love story or in this case, her first go at suspense—is her penchant for pushing boundaries. For telling the unexpected story.

“It’s got bad things in it. Bad words, bad people, bad scenes.”

Hoover preempted Verity’s release with a warning of sorts—although facetious and comical in delivery, it’s something sensitive readers should take to
Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've pulled up this review and tried to make the words come for a couple of days now, but every time I try to write the words all that comes to mind is WTF Colleen?! Obviously we were warned going in that this one would but much different than her other novels, but she didn't tell us that it would be so compulsive and I wouldn't be able to live my life while reading it. How dare she?? But seriously, this book was so delicious in a seriously twisted way, and I feel slightly guilty admitting that ...more
Christine Riccio
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK. Just posted my full booktalk on youtube (polandbananasbooks). I BLEW THROUGH IT IN TWO DAYS COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN. It's way up at the top of my coho favorites =)
Christy
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
 photo IMG_2615_zpsct96cwj1.png

Have you ever finished a book and thought… WTF did I just read? Verity is one of those books that will do that to you. Word to the wise for CoHo fans: this is not your typical book from Colleen Hoover. It’s amazingly written and it’s a completely captivating read, but it’s so different from anything she’s ever put out before.
“Some families are lucky enough to never experience a single tragedy. But then there are those families that seem to have tragedies waiting on the back burner. What can
Holly  B
** UNPOPULAR OPINION

This is the second novel that I've read by the author. I'm not really familiar with her writing or style, but I was seeing many 4-5 star ratings on this book and it was a "thriller" so that was enough to push me to give it a try.

There are many, many high reviews for the book so I'm not here to dissuade anyone from reading it. It just wasn't a good fit for me. Iread hundreds of thriller/mysteries and love the genre.

I've read darker novels and enjoyed them, but this one gave me
Mary Beth *Traveling Sister*
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FIVE MIND BLOWING STARS!

This one is a killer! So dark and disturbing. I was not expecting to love this one so much. Colleen Hoover writes romance books. This one is a thriller. I have seen authors go from romance to romantic suspense, but never have I seen an author go from Romance to a dark and disturbing crazy thriller. She knocked this one out of the ball park.

This one just blew my mind. I could not put this book down. I read it while fixing dinner and eating my dinner. I have never done
Bibi
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Laughs hysterically* What?!

Three hours later and I’m still laughing and head-shaking at the mindfuck that was this story....
Dita
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Dita by: Angela Patzman
Shelves: audible
As far as mindf*cks go, Colleen Hoover is a really great lay.

FIVE STARS.
Dana Ilie
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cristina Zanfir , Andreea Elena
Recommended to Dana by: Kim
This book was disturbing in a way that is hard to put in words. Verity is pitched as a thriller and a romantic suspense book. Well, allow me to be as candid as I can: "Verity is a mind-fuck". Is Disturbing. Twisted. Creepy. It will have you questioning things. Brutal. Haunting.
There is no question, the story is hypnotizing. ENGROSSING even if alarmingly disconcerting. And the cherry on top? The ending. That probably held the most savage plot twist I have encountered in a romantic book.

If this is
Meredith
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it

A manipulative mind f*ck that will keep you guessing!

Verity is a psychological thriller in which the lines between fiction and reality blur together creating an illusion of truth.

A struggling author is offered a lucrative deal: continue writing the popular a bestselling series, get out of debt and be in the presence of a sexy man. SOunds too good to be true? Lowen Ashleigh must find out for herself. She heads to Vermont and begins her journey into famous author Verity Crawford’s
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
Verity left me completely speechless, unsettled and unabashedly begging CoHo to write more thrillers!!!

I found this story creepy, dark, addictive and absolutely unputdownable. Hoover has quite an imagination and as an avid thriller reader I was immediately drawn into the creepy world she created within the Crawford's home.

"My mother used to say that houses have a soul, and if that's true, the soul of Verity Carwford's house is as dark as they come."

Lowen Ashleigh is a struggling writer with
jessica
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
want to know whats even more shocking than this dark and twisted book?? its the fact that one of the most suspenseful stories i have ever read is written by my fave romance author! like, how in the world does that happen!?! my mind is absolutely blown.

im usually wary of when authors try to branch out beyond their known genre of writing. i respect it, but sometimes it doesnt work out for the best. luckily, CoHo totally smashed it with this! i am beyond shocked at how creepy and thrilling this
A.
Brilliant author.
Brillianty written.
Brilliant idea.

Except...

I didn't like it.
I didn't like the heroine. Couldn't relate to her.
I didn't the hero.
I didn't like the story. Implausible and kind of revolting.

I normally like fucked up, unpredictable stories. The darker and more twisted the better.
This one didn't resonate with me.
Sorry.
And watch out for triggers. (view spoiler)
KAS
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

C.R.A.Z.Y. To! The! Hilt!

CoHo has one vivid imagination, and I for one, am glad she shared this ‘way out there’ creative plot line with the rest of us.

Let me tell you there were so many “What the what?” moments, I had to keep reminding myself I wasn’t reading a Stephen King or Greer Hendricks novel.

I really wouldn’t put this in the romance category, albeit plenty of sex scenes are a plenty. It is totally more af a psychological thriller.

Now you might be saying to yourself, ‘But this is Colleen
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
the queen of butterflies, rainbow heartbeats and chocolately warm book hugs is writing a psychological thriller
...
you don't even understand how ready i am for this

...

Hulya Kara Yuksel
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ugh what the fuck just happened? That end!!! I can't believe it... OMG I need more, this book can't end like that... I still have questions...

Julie
Verity by Colleen Hoover is a 2018 publication.
Unlike so many rabid fans of this author, I have not read, to my knowledge, a single book by Colleen Hoover. (Although I did find one of her books languishing on my Kindle recently)

I see so many rave reviews for her novels, and some of them seem like books I would probably like, but for some reason I continue to associate her with YA books, which is not my favorite genre. But, when I saw this book on Kindle Unlimited and read the synopsis, I was
chan ☆
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
this is not what i would call... good

reading the romance finalists for the 2019 goodreads choice awards

Irina
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
What did I just read?
My brain is still trying to process this book.
I just can't believe it. Nope.
Susanne  Strong
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read
3.85 Stars* (rounded up)

Well Darn It! This novel didn’t quite live up to the Hype.

“Verity” is a novel that I’ve seen crazy review after crazy review for and after a while, the hype got to both me and my book buddy, such that we decided to make it our New Year’s read. Admittedly, this book is, in fact, Whack (and entertaining at that) - however, I expected the ending to blow me away but after all the insane reviews I read, it was just kind of like “wah wah.”

“Verity” is my first novel by Colleen
K.A. Tucker
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I haven't had a visceral reaction like this to a book in years.
This was a very different style for Colleen Hoover and I devoured it last night (unplanned. I was exhausted and only planned on reading a chapter or two.) It was hard to read at times and I did not see the ending coming, which is rare for me.
But, in typical Hoover style, she gives you a security blanket at the end, to help mend your heart.
If you read thrillers, you should read this one.
If you don't read thrillers, suck it up and
Linda
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
What is an acceptable truth?

My truth, your truth, and everything in between......

Colleen Hoover hits the ground running in Verity with the sudden bolt of a gruesome accident. Lowe Ashleigh, a mediocre writer treading water in the publishing world, is on her way to a meeting with her editor. She witnesses the aftermath of a pedestrian on the wrong side of the speeding vehicle equation. A handsome stranger on the street comes to her rescue. This intersection of lives will be the pivotal point of
Jennifer Kyle
5 Stars

Colleen Hoover delivers a wonderful romance disturbing thriller that will haunt you well after you finish. How did the author of Slammed have this type of storytelling within?

description

Colleen proved she can write pretty much anything!!
PS I would love for her to try her hand at a biker story with her spin whether dark or romance.
Felicia
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
An Ode To Colleen Hoover

Hoover is in a category all her own when it comes to modern romance with a twist. You see, in case you've never indulged in a Hoover novel, she always has a "hook" (if you're a musician or music lover you'll know exactly what I mean). At some point in most of her novels you will inevitably sit up and go "wooooahhh what in the actual fuck just happened?".

She can do it with just one sentence, like with the book Hopeless. The scene where Holder reveals the truth to Sky. I
sue
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let me confess right here and now I’ve been a Colleen Hoover virgin. Yes I have heard of this author, yes I own her first series, but, I have never taken the plunge to read the series I own. Why not? I really haven’t a clue, maybe because I thought the romance side was “lovey dovey” and I’m into thrillers.

Why have I explained all that!
Well, after this book it’s definitely going to change.
Yes I’m aware that she took a huge dive writing this and producing and publishing it on her own, but come
bookswithpaulette
From the first sentence I was hooked. This book is so dark, wicked and shockingly disturbing.

I don’t want to say too much as I don’t want to spoil it, this book isn’t your usual psychological Thriller, there are some scenes in the book I had to read 2 or 3 times because I couldn’t believe that is what was written on the page, its chilling and disturbing in a delicious way.

Our protagonist Lowen is an unknown writer in debt, she is offered a dream job ghost writing for international bestselling
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Verity
AUTHOR: Colleen Hoover
GENRE: Romantic Thriller
PUBLICATION:

Get your one click on!! https://amzn.to/2PqJqqD

VERITY: Is a full-length standalone romantic thriller from #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover.

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

This is so completely left field from the types of books Colleen Hoover typically writes, the very first chapter had me sitting up straight devouring her words, loving this different side
YA Buddy Readers'...: Verity by Colleen Hoover - Restarting January 28th 2020 77 297 Jan 24, 2020 03:57PM
Play Book Tag: Verity by Colleen Hoover - 4 stars 2 26 Jan 01, 2020 07:56PM
Around the Year i...: Verity by Colleen Hoover 2 13 Dec 23, 2019 07:28AM
V.C. Andrews Returns 5 195 Oct 01, 2019 06:06PM
Fallen Into Tijan...: Verity by Colleen Hoover [July] - (UTM™: Kylie) 1 33 Jun 15, 2019 05:58PM

• The Wives
  • An Anonymous Girl
  • No Exit
  • My Lovely Wife
  • The Wish Collector
  • The Simple Wild (Wild, #1)
  • The Mother-in-Law
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA, thriller and Women's Fiction. And maybe a ghost story soon.

I don't like to be confined to one genre. If you put me in a box, I'll claw my way out.

My social media username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity and Book Bonanza.

“I think the idea of me is better than the reality of me.” 52 likes
“I wasn’t heroic. I wasn’t simple. I was difficult. An emotionally challenging puzzle he wasn’t up for solving.” 40 likes