Start by marking “Verity” as Want to Read:
Verity

Verity

4.65  ·  Rating details ·  4,283 ratings  ·  1,479 reviews
Lowen Ashleigh is a struggling writer on the brink of financial ruin when she accepts the job offer of a lifetime. Jeremy Crawford, husband of bestselling author Verity Crawford, has hired Lowen to complete the remaining books in a successful series his injured wife is unable to finish.

Lowen arrives at the Crawford home, ready to sort through years of Verity's notes and ou
Published December 7th 2018 by Hoover Ink, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Verity, please sign up.

Colleen Hoover
Dec 06, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Help me.
Melissa
Bold. Unrelenting. All-consuming. Creepy. Unputdownable.

What I’ve come to appreciate most about Colleen Hoover’s work—whether it’s an emotionally charged love story or in this case, her first go at suspense—is her penchant for pushing boundaries. For telling the unexpected story.

“It’s got bad things in it. Bad words, bad people, bad scenes.”

Hoover preempted Verity’s release with a warning of sorts—although facetious and comical in delivery, it’s something sensitive readers should take to hear
Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've pulled up this review and tried to make the words come for a couple of days now, but every time I try to write the words all that comes to mind is WTF Colleen?! Obviously we were warned going in that this one would but much different than her other novels, but she didn't tell us that it would be so compulsive and I wouldn't be able to live my life while reading it. How dare she?? But seriously, this book was so delicious in a seriously twisted way, and I feel slightly guilty admitting that ...more
Christy
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
 photo IMG_2615_zpsct96cwj1.png

Have you ever finished a book and thought… WTF did I just read? Verity is one of those books that will do that to you. Word to the wise for CoHo fans: this is not your typical book from Colleen Hoover. It’s amazingly written and it’s a completely captivating read, but it’s so different from anything she’s ever put out before.
“Some families are lucky enough to never experience a single tragedy. But then there are those families that seem to have tragedies waiting on the back burner. What can g
شيماء ✨
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Me, rollerblading into my therapist’s office with sunglasses and a piña colada and dropping this book on the desk with a resounding thud: oh my God, you're not gonna fucking believe this.

Why read this book when you can just pull out a ouija board and summon a demon? I'm sure it’ll have the same effect. I feel completely sapped of life, as if I've been bleeding freely for the past few hours instead of simply reading. I wish I could shake my head to dissolve the memory of this book, to disarrange
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
the queen of butterflies, rainbow heartbeats and chocolately warm book hugs is writing a psychological thriller
...
you don't even understand how ready i am for this

...

Hulya Kara Yuksel
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ugh what the fuck just happened? 😟😟😟 That end!!! I can't believe it... OMG I need more, this book can't end like that... I still have questions... 😫😫😫

Bibi
*Laughs hysterically* What?!

Three hours later and I’m still laughing and head-shaking at the mindfuck that was this story....
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Verity
AUTHOR: Colleen Hoover
GENRE: Romantic Thriller
PUBLICATION:

Get your one click on!! https://amzn.to/2PqJqqD

VERITY: Is a full-length standalone romantic thriller from #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover.

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

This is so completely left field from the types of books Colleen Hoover typically writes, the very first chapter had me sitting up straight devouring her words, loving this different side to
Jennifer Kyle
5 Stars

Colleen Hoover delivers a wonderful romance disturbing thriller that will haunt you well after you finish. How did the author of Slammed have this type of storytelling within?

description

Colleen proved she can write pretty much anything!!
PS I would love for her to try her hand at a biker story with her spin whether dark or romance.
Felicia
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
An Ode To Colleen Hoover

Hoover is in a category all her own when it comes to modern romance with a twist. You see, in case you've never indulged in a Hoover novel, she always has a "hook" (if you're a musician or music lover you'll know exactly what I mean). At some point in most of her novels you will inevitably sit up and go "wooooahhh what in the actual fuck just happened?".

She can do it with just one sentence, like with the book Hopeless. The scene where Holder reveals the truth to Sky. I me
K.A. Tucker
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I haven't had a visceral reaction like this to a book in years.
This was a very different style for Colleen Hoover and I devoured it last night (unplanned. I was exhausted and only planned on reading a chapter or two.) It was hard to read at times and I did not see the ending coming, which is rare for me.
But, in typical Hoover style, she gives you a security blanket at the end, to help mend your heart.
If you read thrillers, you should read this one.
If you don't read thrillers, suck it up and r
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
Brilliant author.
Brillianty written.
Brilliant idea.

Except...

I didn't like it.
I didn't like the heroine. Couldn't relate to her.
I didn't the hero.
I didn't like the story. Implausible and kind of revolting.

I normally like fucked up, unpredictable stories. The darker and more twisted the better.
This one didn't resonate with me.
Sorry.
And watch out for triggers. (view spoiler)
Sylvie
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller, mystery
3.5 out of 5 stars.

I was actually considering to give this book 1 or 2 stars, but that ending wrecked me entirely.

I can't believe how CoHo was able to write this, she outdone herself this time with her new book. I may have shed a tear or two with Colleen's previous books but this one has made me cry not because I'm sad or happy.

That's all I can write for now, I will post a better review.
*********
Wait...

PSYCHOLOGICAL ROMANTIC THRILLER?
BY COLLEEN HOOVER?

WHAT IS SHE TRYING TO DO TO US?
B.B. Easton
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This isn't a book, it's a visceral experience. Colleen's words will reach elbow-deep into your brain and your feels and your fragile little heart, and they will fuck shit up in there. They'll activate triggers and push buttons marked DO NOT PUSH. They'll make your heart race and palms sweat. They'll challenge your courage and moral fiber. Read them anyway. Marvel at their power. Then go play with some puppies or something until their effects wear off.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 brilliant stars

Wow I'm speechless, I don't know where to start with this one.Verity was a captivating,fast paced, twisted and addictive story.

description

I was curious and intrigued from the beginning and while I read more I start feeling nervous and scared about what is going to happen next.The way Colleen says the story is unique and I was hooked from the very start.

I love this side from Colleen and I wish we can see more books like Verity from her in the future!The ending was fantastic!

Claire Contreras
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was unexpectedly addictive. From the moment I started, I couldn't stop turning the pages. It was so good that I wish I'd thought of it myself.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Following a tragic accident which has left best-selling author Verity Crawford a shell of herself, her husband Jeremy hires Lowen Ashleigh to complete the contracted final three books in Verity’s famous series. Brought to the family home in order to sort through Verity’s office, Lowen is soon to find out just what makes Verity tick. What she discovers will leave readers saying . . . . .

This one earns its Starz because . . . .

(1) Hoo
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lowen Ashleigh is a struggling author who lives in New York. She’s an introvert who is extremely private. She doesn’t do signings or put her image out there. She prefers to stay invisible. Then she’s offered a lucrative deal to complete a book series for a well known, successful author. Verity Crawford is a writer of suspense/ thriller novels who has been injured, and her husband Jeremy is looking for someone to step in and finish the series. Lowen a
may ❀

i was right to be scared

now my brain is broken, i hate this book.

1 star!!1!!2!!!!11!!!12!!2!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i don't do horror (ever) but i will read anything by coho and i will br anything with these leeks, jia & marami so all i have to say is:

im scared x2
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

My mind is all over the place, what an unexpected surprise from Colleen Hoover!

A romantic thriller, that absolutely blew my mind, creeped me the heck out, and got me hot under the collar all in the space of a few pages. When I first began to read Verity, I admit that I wasn't too sure what all the fuss was about, I wasn't really sure where it was going, but then boom, it led me into a weird and wonderful rabbit hole of craziness.

Go in blind, you'll thank me for it :)

ARC gratef
MyTimeOutShelf
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well shit!!! It’s after 2am and I’m sitting here watching cartoons so I can get all these creepy and disturbing words out of my head!

Guys...This is dark..if you have limits to what you can read this might not be for you ...but if you are looking for something that pushes boundaries and goes to dark and disturbing places while keeping you guessing then READ THIS!

It’s messed up! Creepy af and has me sitting here like damn that was genius!

CoHo your mind scares me and I like it! I can’t wait to see
Talon
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
”What you read will taste so bad at times, you’ll want to spit it out, but you’ll swallow these words and they will become part of you, part of your gut, and you will hurt because of them.”

I am so excited to sit down and talk to about this book. Even if it feels like I am talking to myself or rather my laptop- I am excited. Colleen has found a way to capture an all new type of audience and I am so here for it!

For anybody (like myself) who has ever wanted to see Colleen Hoover branch out and cre
Hamad
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, e-books
WTF Colleen???!!!
You are supposed to be cute and fluffy :))))

RTC

Carol (Bookaria)
Suspensefully addictive and entertaining. This thriller will keep you guessing until the end!

Lowen Ashleigh is hired to complete a book series for popular author Verity Crawford who cannot continue writing due to a life-changing injury.

She temporarily stays into the Crawfords' home to research Verity's notes and files. What Lowen does not expect is to find a hidden manuscript revealing terrifying secrets.

This story is a departure from Hoover's previous books. Instead of mesmerizing romance we
Kim

I swear, this is my face while reading this entire book and it keeps getting worse and worse. What IS this thing????
-------------

Sweet lord, this was so SO good!

Okay so, I'm done now. I made it through. This book was damn scary, twisted, fucked up and amazing. And that ending. I'm one of those dumb readers who doesn't see things coming so my mouth was hanging open while reading the final chapters. I was sure I was going to vent about everything wrong and horrible that happened in this book but n
Stacie
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 "WTF!" Stars!

I just now finished. All I can say is, WOW... I have this really creeped out uneasy feeling. 😱 I'm sure that's the point... I think it was brilliant. It was certainly a page turner. These characters... shaking my head...

It was a departure from my norm- if I have a norm... A big departure from CoHo's norm. This book was not sad, or even overly emotional, IMO. It was EFFED UP!! In a good, mind bender kind of way. That's all I'll say.

If any of you were on the fense, I'd say go for i
Shannon
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easily my favorite book of the year. #slay
Sara
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What just happened? What did I just read? Mind blown! Usually Colleen makes you fall in love with her characters, she builds up a story that's beautiful and sad at the same time, but now.. I'm disturbed! This was dark, twisty and mysterious.

Verity is a successful author, who got injured and is unable to finish her book series, so Lowen steps in. As soon as she arrives at their home, she gets sucked in a tragic and mysterious world of Crawford family. She also starts developing feelings for Jere
Nazanin
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, thriller, mystery
3.5 Stars

Let me start with this that I’m a HUGE fan of CoHo and I almost read all of her books and enjoyed them a lot! This one like her other books is so well-written, yes it wasn’t in her usual genre (it’s a psychological thriller) but still it was compelling and the plot was interesting! And I should add at some point it was really hard to read some of the chapters because of the subject matter. I had some theories and you know I loved when I’m wrong but in this case, I prefer my theories be
Young Adult Conte...: Verity by Colleen Hoover - Starting December 18, 2018 22 31 11 hours, 17 min ago
V.C. Andrews Returns 1 19 Oct 09, 2018 03:13PM
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA and Women's Fiction.

Still doesn't know the difference between affect/effect, further/farther, or if the oxford comma is in or out.

If you want to follow me, my username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity. We've donated over one
“One should only walk away from an autobiography with, at best, an uncomfortable distaste for its author.” 6 likes
“A writer should never have the audacity to write about themselves unless they’re willing to separate every layer of protection between the author’s soul and their book. The words should come directly from the center of the gut, tearing through flesh and bone as they break free. Ugly and honest and bloody and a little bit terrifying, but completely exposed.” 5 likes