Start by marking “Not a Chance (The Enchantlings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Not a Chance (The Enchantlings, #2)

Not a Chance

(The Enchantlings #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The last thing Hope Hallows wants is to become the latest headline. Living in a town that likes secrets, she prefers to keep hers hidden. Avoiding a nosy reporter’s questions about her ability to infuse euphoria or despair with a single touch, and those who crave this bliss, is nothing new. But having her brother’s annoying girlfriend, Berta, go missing is—especially when ...more
Published October 31st 2018 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Not a Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not a Chance

really liked it 4.00  ·

Elysian Fields
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is book two and while I have not had the chance to read book one, it was still enjoyable but I would have loved to have read them in order. It is a supernatural story with spunk and sparks. The character has a journey to undertake and I liked her attitude, strong and willing but still unsure. The author did a great job of incorporating mythology with her story and making it believable. The mystery is fun and keeps the readers turning the pages.

The characters were well thought out and I lov
Low-La
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
**3.5**

I did not read the first book 1 - Destiny Calling but had a good idea of the storyline. I would suggest reading book 1 if you want the full story. IMO, this was YA with a paranormal theme. This is a story about family that got separated and then re-united again. This one tells the story of Hope and how she became to fit into this family. She is a triplet: Destiny who is now deceased and Chance. Her nemesis/brother's GF Berta goes missing and Hope was the last one to see her alive. Hope se
Karen  Dee
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this short pnr filled with quirky characters. Hope is a bit of a wreck and so are the rest of the residents in this town who all seem to be grappling with the threat of the oppressors and their past victims. Hope has a gift and a curse. She is able to give hope or to take it away by someone touching her and she finds herself the target of unwanted attention by those that seek her gift. Hope uses her gift to try and save someone who might have been taken by the oppressors. Colorful ...more
Elisa
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay first up read book 1 first...lol I know it's not normally something I do skip a book in a series but this was part of a reading challenge list so I dived right in and omg it was so worth it, but I would have loved it even more if I'd read book 1 first.

Hope is an amazing character, Griffin is well he's a guy so a bit confused...lol but nice to look at :-)
The supernatural is always entertaining for me and Not a Chance was a really great read I especially loved the link to Greek Mythology.

I wo
JoAnne
Aug 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the 2nd book in the series "The Enchantlings Series". I have not read the first book but have heard reading it would help you understand the characters better. This book is a paranormal mystery that takes place in a unique town with some truly interesting characters who possess some special "gifts". and their relationships (some romantic). This mystery involves a missing person and what happens. I found the characters and plot interesting in a weird but still in a good sort of way!
Susan C
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Paranormal with a touch of snark

The second book in the series ( and I strongly recommend reading the first one before this to eliminate any confusion) takes Hope on her continued trek to discover who she is, what she can do, and whether she can channel her good side when the evil side seems so much easier to access. She’s irreverent yet insecure as to her place in things. It’s fun to watch her evolve. There’s also enough hair-raising scenes to make this a good read.
InD'tale Magazine
2.5/5.0

The author’s fresh blend of Greek mythology introduces Oppressors as a form of energy-sucking being hiding out in the woods surrounding the unnamed town that’s home to the Last Call bar.

Read full review in the 2018 holiday issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Mona williams
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
this book was really great ! she trying to keep her powers a secret but some nosy reporter is digging around to much. now her brothers girlfriend has gone missing. its up to her boyfriend and her powers to find her before its to late.
Crystal
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enchanting

There are parts of the book, I feel were not needed. There are parts that are to long and what feels like bable. To much then not enough information. In the end the book came around and was very good
Julie Sherman
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

This is a wonderful read full of mystery. It's well written and the characters actions fit their roll in the book. It more of a light romance and more of a how and what's going to happen book.
Suzanne
E.
Diane Burton
Kristen
Oct 24, 2018
In most of my writing I like to look for the extraordinary in the ordinary, maybe even a little magic. Then I add a dash of humor, because life shouldn’t be so serious ( Although I do enjoy throwing in the horrific, or heavily sarcastic, villian now and again, because that’s just fun).
I live in Pennsylvania with the love of my life, and wildly imaginative twin daughters.

The Enchantlings (2 books)
  • Destiny Calling (The Enchantlings, #1)