Start by marking “Destruction (Dogs of War, #2)” as Want to Read:
Destruction (Dogs of War, #2)

Destruction

(Dogs of War #2)

Going back into the torture camp where hed been so brutally abused is the last thing Navy SEAL Drake Fontana wants to do, but if there are other men being experimented upon he has to be the one to get them out. And he has to give them an option other than to be a test subject to the Silverstone Collaborative, the pharmaceutical company funding the diabolical experiments.
Published September 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Destruction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destruction

Start your review of Destruction (Dogs of War, #2)
Lisa Gibbs
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC in exchange for my fair and honest review.

I was blown away by this book. We learned more of what the self-titled Dogs of War suffered at the hands of the evil, vile people working for the Silverstone Collaborative.

This is Fontana's story. He returns to the jungles to three of the camps where the Silverstone Collaborative was running those horrid experiments on heroes from all branches of the military. He brings along members from LNF.

This is an amazing group of
Dísir
The Dogs of War series is one that I do find compellingthe super-soldier experimentation kind of storyline always gets my juices goingand by and large, J.M. Madden keeps expanding this particular universe with a military conspiracy, a potential take-down of the perpetrators and even more characters that might in fact, find themselves as part of future books. As of now however, the series follows the hard journey of 3 former military men with paranormal abilities, the survivors of their batch, ...more
CarolKat
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read Genesis and Chaos you may want to go back and read them first. They contain important lead up to the events in this book.

Planning the next step in taking down the Silverstone Corporation is in the works. Jordan Madeira's mother may be the key to the success of this mission. Aiden, Fontana and Wolfe have to have confirmation of the sites in South America. While they don't expect them to be operational after two years. If there is a possibility of survivors in any of the three
Darcy
This book started out a bit slow, things needed to be set up, the LNF team picked and then on the hunt with Fontana. The team worked really well together considering that Fontana was new to them and they were looking for things that were in place a long time ago. They did manage to find things, to save people to do some damage to those that had hurt Fontana and his friends. I loved seeing this. I also loved seeing how the guys were able to get the CIA to work with them and give them a deal to ...more
Davia
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

Fontana and Jordyn light up the pages as they try to find and destroy all the labs the men hoodwinked into this crazy experiment have been held in. The suspense is off the charts! Fontana struggles to control his abilities while keeping the men and woman of L and F safe during such a heartbreaking mission.as he faces the demons of his imprisonment he finds healing and the support of a new team. Awesome! I cannot wait to see how this winds up. Bravo JM another fantastic book! Write On!
janelle beaver
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the second book as well as the first. Lots of action and we find out a little more of what happened to the guys in the camp. I would recommend this book.
Colleen
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I admit I adore J.M. Madden's LNF books, but somehow I missed "The Dogs of War." How did that happen?! When I heard about "Destruction," I had to snap up a copy immediately! All of her books can be read as standalones, so I knew I'd be OK, but I wish I'd read book #1, "Chaos," first, just to get Fontana and the crew's full back story under my belt, so-to-speak.

Fontana, Aiden, and Wulfe have survived some truly terrible things. Fontana lead them out of a torturous camp where they'd been held, and
Keather Thompson
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced reader copy but that in no way hinders my leaving a totally honest review. After being a big fan of the Lost and Found series I have been anxiously awaiting this new series. I loved Aiden's story but wasn't sure what to expect with Drake Fontana. In this book he goes back to the camp where he was tortured and abused. That's enough to make him anxious without taking along a team he doesn't know from Lost and Found Investigative Agency.

We learn details on what had been done
Courtney
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting on pins and needles for this series since we first discovered Aiden in the Lost and Found Series. Even though we only learned in depth of Fontana since the Dogs of War series, I've already become invested in him. We got a glimpse of their suffering at the hands of the Silverstone Collaborative, and you think you know what you're getting into, but every new book, every new character, you're surprised all over again. I've cried, I've been pissed, outraged, and disgusted on ...more
Jackie
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent face paced read that keeps you wanting more

What an excellent novel! You do not need to read the first books before reading this, but you should because theyre awesome too. I gave the first one 5 stars, but somehow this one was even better.
Fontana is a man whos been through the ringer and a half. Jordyn is one of the strongest heroines Ive ever read about. Both have been through physical and mental trials, and we get to see them grow in character through the story. They both end up
Belinda
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading Genesis where the reader is introduced to 4 military men who have been tortured & experimented on, I knew I had to continue this series. The atrocities that occurred were tragic and mindblowing. Ms. Madden held nothing back in Destruction and has the reader feeling anger, pain, loss, love, and hope. I appreciated how she brought some of the men and women from the LNF Agency into the story and introduced other new characters as well. (You don't have to read the LNF Series to ...more
Teresa
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Story

Each new addition to the Dogs of War series just grabs your interest and pulls you into the story making you feel like you are really there. Destruction gives us Jordyn Maderia and Drake Fontana as they are asked to go back to South Africa and see if there are more soldiers in the camps who are being used as test cases by the Silverstone Collaborative. It will be hard for Fontana to go back to the jungle and relive two years of hell but he'll go with a hand picked team working
Andrea Britton
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you loved the Lost and Found Series you will absolutely fall into this series.

What an amazing book! This book kept me on the edge of my seat! I couldnt stop reading it. JM Madden knows how to write an action packed, suspenseful book with a romantic element like no other.

We follow Drake Fontana as he heads back to hell. He heads back to the place that tortured and abused and tested on him. Making it out of there two years ago with the other Dogs Of War was the best ever but now hes going
Yvonne Cruz
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Each and every one of the books in this series has been heart wrenching and thought provoking.
The stories, best read in order, revolve around military individuals that were put in a camp, and tortured by a pharmaceutical company, as they were being used as guinea pigs.
In this one, Navy SEAL Drake Fontana, having escaped the camp, the last thing he wants to do is go back, but if it means saving others, he will.
Against his will, hell go in with a team one of them Jordyn Madeira. As the danger
Pat
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Action from the first page to the last, and a romantic love story for two very unlikely people. Fontana was forced into a experimental training facility, and was tortured, along with enhanced abilities and healing properties. He still has nightmares of his time there, and when there is a chance to go back with a group of fellow soldiers he jumps at the chance. He wants to free whatever soldiers are suffering the same fate, and bring the experimentation to an end. The team needed a pilot and ...more
Allena
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to see this waiting on my kindle; book two in one of my most anticipated reads this year.

We get to meet some new LNF members as well as catching up on old favorites. This book has a little bit of everything; paranormal, tension inducing suspense, action and slow burn loving. As more people become aware of what went on we get more players that add to this five star read.

Jordyn was fantastic and I wasnt sure a character could be created to match Drake Fontana and his intensity.
Dawn Cruikshank
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Destruction

OMG! This story is definitely an edge of your seat drama. Fontana is the main character in this book as is Jordyn. They meet while preparing for a mission to find other prisoners. Fontana is skiddish about this mission since he was a prisoner at one of the sites. At the site he was held at, one of the guards was still there and Fontana was able to get vengeance by eliminating that guard. This was a tough mission for Fontana but he preserves and gets the prisoners to safety. He also
Anima
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure

Powerful and exciting! The Dogs of War are determined to eliminate the nasty compound where they were prisoners and test subjects. Two years after escaping Fontana is set to re-enter the site and get some revenge. The chopper pilot, and interpreter, grew up near the area and was vital to the mission. Jordyn is a strong brave fighter with her own scars and scary experiences. Madden always writes a wonderfully exciting story with great relationships and sexy banter. I found myself reading through
Emily Dickson
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fontana is a great character and goes back to try to take out any survivors of the camps where he and his friends were held and experimented on. The Lost and Found agency helps with providing a team from their employees. All have disabilities that got them discharged. Jordan was also a fantastic character who was a strong woman and part of this team. Lots of action and plenty of steam between these two characters. Secondary characters were also well developed and the story kept me reading past ...more
Pamela
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Read

Fontana a men who had been threw so much felt so broken but needed to make sure no one else was suffering. Jordyn a women who had been threw so much pain but knew she would do what ever it took to help this man. JM Madden just keeps bringing you emotional, action pack stores that shows pure love threw and threw. Yes you have favorite characters but all of them has a string to your heart
Melanie Marnell
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fontana has to return to the "scene of the crime." It may be more than he can handle but this time he has a team who have his six. Part of that team is Jordyn Madeira. She's like a small package of dynamite; fierce, explosive, skilled and destructive. Fontan's not quite sure what to do about her but he's definitely drawn to her. Their connection is undeniable. Closing in on the Silverstone Collaboration becomes perilous but not rescuing any additional test subjects is unacceptable.
Lisa
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The characters are engaging and draw you into their lives; the action is compelling and makes you read until the end to find out how situations will be resolved. Fontana and Madeira make a great couple -- both damaged in some way but completing each other. I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book and thoroughly enjoyed every moment.
Janice
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Drake Fontana is going back to the camp where he was experimented on; to see if there are others there and give them an option other than as a test subject for the Silverstone Collaborative. He is working with a team of retired, disabled military from the Lost and Found group; including Jordan Madeira.
Melanie Murray
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Books that keep you enthralled

I have enjoyed each of these books by JM Madden. Each one has kept me up past my bedtime because I didn't want the story to end. Each character is engaging and you want them to have a great ending. These books are worth reading. You won't be disappointed.
Angie
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Dogs of War are on the move

Destruction the 2nd book in the spin off series of Lost in Found. I think is my 2nd favorite of JM Madden book the first being The Embattled Road. I love JMs writing stile and if you like tough and alpha males and strong female characters then you will love this book and any others of these two series. I give it 5 plus stars its a must read.
Gretchen
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars from me.

I enjoyed the continuation from the first book and am getting sucked into this mystery more and more! I was not a big fan of either the H or the h. Drake seemed stand-offish and she had a chip on her shoulder that almost overtook her entire character. But it answered more questions and gave more insights into the bigger picture. Cant wait for the next book!
Gray
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
DOGS CHEW ALL

Excellent folow upinthis series. The characters are well developed and very hands-on. Jordyn and Fontana's story is incredible likable.

The Dogs of War are finally moving along their wishes of saving fellowship and punishing the culprits. A story that run smoothly and clear. Highly Recommended
Sheryl Brumfield
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Spellbinding! No word describes this series better than 'spellbinding '. I have been pretty much unable to put this series down since I started it 2 days ago! Now, on to book 3, Retribution.
Charlene
I'll be honest and say that I almost gave up on this series after the first book - but I'm so glad I didn't! I wasn't getting the same feeling from it that I usually get with this author. I'm happy to say that this book totally redeemed the series for me...loved it!

4.5★
Janet Overstreet
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this second book of the Dogs of War series, I was hopped up on adrenaline from start to finish. Plenty of nonstop action. And Fontana & Jordyn are perfect for each other. I liked that the story included members of Lost and Found (love that series too). Keep 'em coming!

• Thanatos (Guardian Security Shadow World Book 4)
  • Lycos (Guardian Security Shadow World Book 3)
  • SEAL in a Storm (Silver SEALs)
  • Keeping Quinn (The Next Generation #6)
  • Asp (Guardian Shadow World Book 2)
  • Christmas with the Kings (The Kings of Guardian)
  • SEAL Forever (Silver SEALs)
  • Claiming Sarah (Ace Security, #5)
  • SEAL Strong (Silver SEALs #0.5)
  • Drake (The Kings of Guardian, #11)
  • Dixon (Kings of Guardian #12)
  • SEAL Out of Water (Silver SEALs)
  • Passages (Kings of Guardian #13)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • The Protector (Aces #2)
  • Buried Lies (Crimson Point, #2)
  • Kerrick (The Mavericks #1)
  • Shelter for Viviana (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #3)
NY Times and USA Today Bestselling author J.M. Madden writes compelling romances between 'combat modified' military men and the women who love them. J.M. Madden loves any and all good love stories, most particularly her own. She has two beautiful children and a husband who always keeps her on her toes.

J.M. was a Deputy Sheriff in Ohio for nine years, until hubby moved the clan to Kentucky. When

Dogs of War (4 books)
  • Chaos (Dogs of War #1)
  • Retribution (The Dogs of War, #3)
  • Catalyst (Dogs of War #4)