Start by marking “Sweet Nothings (The Chosen One, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Nothings (The Chosen One, #0.5)

Sweet Nothings

(The Chosen One #0.5)

Sam Baker couldn’t be more normal. He’s a teacher at the local middle school and the most exciting part of his day is dealing with a classroom full of hormonal preteens. His life takes a turn for the weird one stormy night when he finds a small boy on his doorstep. A boy who growls, flashes unnaturally blue eyes, demands for Sam to call the alpha-- whatever that is-- and g ...more
Published September 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Nothings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Nothings

Start your review of Sweet Nothings (The Chosen One, #0.5)
☆ Todd
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

Adorable chosen family story was adorable.

I was really curious how this book, where 6 kidnapped supernatural kids were rescued by a fierce human and an alpha werewolf, was going to tie into the series and was pleasantly surprised by how it actually did.

As the story began, the story focused a lot on not only the budding romance between human Sam and alpha wolf Vaugh, but also on 6 y.o. wolf cub Ollie and 14 y.o. bear shifter Ben.

And OMMFG, I freaking LOVED Ollie to pieces. He totally made thi
Barbara➰
Reread April 2019

Okay, so I just read this like a month ago and I don't know what possessed me to reread it again but I think I enjoyed it a little more this time. Rereading it also gave me a little more insight to Vaughn's behavior after their first encounter. A good solid 4 stars this time.

Originally read February 2019

**3.5 Stars**

I ended up enjoying this more than I thought I would in the beginning. I love true mate stories but I'm very picky about them. And here, Vaughn annoyed me. I never u
M.I.A
**3.25 Stars**

I'm genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed this. *side-eying the cover and title* whispers:I blame you for my doubts.
It was a alot ridiculous & to be frank there are more flaws to the story than not.
BUT I completely fell for Sweet Nothings and all it's lovable characters.
My heart is weak for all the supernatural children that are saved and taken into the Jerrick Wolf Pack.
All the healing and comfort.
The cuddling.
The way the pack came together to protect those children.
Zuzu
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
Great start to the series

I really enjoyed this Prequel and am excited to read the next book. I have high hopes for this series!
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈

2/1/2020 series/universe reread in preparation for the release of book five. I’m so excited!

reread 3/1/2021 well, I guess my brain still isn’t ready to finish Henri and Bailey. I restarted reread #infinity of this series instead. Oh well 🤷🏽‍♀️

—————-original review 11/20/2019—————-
This was just what I needed. I’ll have to remember to thank Jennifer for bringing this to my attention.

11/27/2019 ETA: I thought I’d add the author’s suggested reading order for this universe. Each book connects the d
Antonella
*is not bad but there is nothing really happening
* don't think I will continue with the series
*strong start, had me curious
Cadiva
Aug 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Great intro to this new world

I'm really liking this supernatural world from Macy Blake.

This is the set up to the universe, so it's not a full length novel but it still manages to pack quite a lot of works building in without becoming overwhelming.

I loved both Sam and Vaughan and the kids were absolutely adorable and I really appreciated the set up for each oc the different types of supernatural creatures.
Debra
So I know this is Vaughn and Sam's story, but since I read this after reading All or Nothing, so it was actually more like Henry's origin story for me and it was wonderful!

Sam and Vaughn have a history that leaves a bad taste in Sam's mouth. When he's forced to call Vaughn after a young boy, Ollie, shows up at Sam's door everything changes in an instant. Sam is swept into a world of magic and both wondrous and monstrous creatures, but the best of all of it is the kids. Henry and his brothers an
Kathleen
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, urban-fantasy

As a set up for the series I suppose this book is important. But judged on its own merit, it’s pretty lackluster. What we have here is a story about the care and feed of six orphaned children...chapter after chapter...ad nauseum. I think I might also have developed a cavity.

After researching the next couple of books in the series and discovering they are mmm/+, I am bowing out now.
Ula'ndi Hart
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-reads, shifters
Overall book rating: 4
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3

I can only say that THIS was a great start to something that's hopefully going to be fabulous.

I LOVED the kids and I loved how the whole caboodle fits together. Sam is awesome, Vaughn is awesome, it's just one very awesome family.

I really had fun.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I was not expecting too much and I got blown away. Not perfect but for what i needed today it was exactly right. Loved it to bits! The kids! The guys! The Hellhounds! YES!
Tammy
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazing-books
So excited to continue on with this new series to me. 😁
llv
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 stars
This book series wasn’t on my radar until a friend insisted that I read it. I’m really glad that she did because I loved this story. I always love stories about shifter children and this one didn’t disappoint. I loved both Sam and Vaughn. I thought they had really good chemistry together and loved how they treated all the children. I loved all the children and felt really bad for all the things that they went through before they were rescued. Ben especially touched my heart.

The
Achim
Let's face it: the romance part is more the usual mating story between an alpha wolf and his fierce human, cute with a bit of steam but nothing new. It's the family part, the being suddenly dads for 6 traumatized kids that makes this story worth reading. It's more about lovable characters than about a captivating story line which is a shame because rescuing those 6, keep them save and and defend the enemy had potential but that potential wasn't completely realized and we never get the to know ho ...more
⚣Michaelle⚣
Better than 3.5 but not quite 4...only I couldn't see rounding down because I devoured this and immediately started the next one.

And, well, after seeing all of Todd's updates on this series I felt almost compelled to read them. I know reading this one isn't necessary to starting the main series, but I'm a completist and had to start here...
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yes, I am glad I came back to the beginning to get the back story and well, the beginning.

On to the next...oh my.
Kaity B

This story was cute, I don't think I will continue with the series. I was more interested in Sam and Vaughn rather than Henry.

This was a big case of insta love but since so much happened within the first couple chapters I wasn't mad about it. If was like a typical insta love romance I would have DNF'ed really fast but this book had a great way of hooking you in and made you want to go on the adventure with Sam (human) Vaughn (werewolf) and their newly adopted 6 cubs: Ben (bear shifter
Bitchie
I really enjoyed this one, but I’m not sure how I’m going to feel about the apparent harem/poly aspect of the rest of the series. Thoughts, friends?
Relly
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reread 2020
Better on the reread, still had the same issues as previously but was able to ignore them and enjoy the tale.

Good

3.75 ⭐️

I liked this one. It is a good prequel and I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the series
I liked Sam. I felt for him with his hurt after his first encounter with Vaughn, I just felt that he gave in and just accepted things too easily.
Vaughn basically did a wham bam thank you mate and walked away no contact for years and even though Sam worried about calling
Nanna Sander
I adored this so much. It's a prequel or a companion novel of sorts. I read it after book 1 and 2, and I'm happy with that choice since I was familiar with the world and some of the characters, but you could definitely read it first.

It is heavily based on the children, which is why I really liked it. The MCs' relationship came second to me, but seeing them learning to co-parent was sweet.

I will definitely be rereading this - also if I don't follow it by rereading the rest of the series.
~nikki the recovering book addict
4 stars

Wow.... I read the hellhounds book but it was too much things in one book that it got overwhelming and then somewhat comical with EVERYTHING that was going on.

But this? This was perfect! Just the right amount of drama and intrigue to snag one’s interest. Can’t wait to read the actual Chosen One story!
Cee Brown
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
*´¨✫)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨)✯ ¸.•*¨)
✮ (¸.•´✶Prophecy fulfilled.

I like different. I love stepping outside of the box and seeing other ways something can change for the better.

New to me author Macy Blake opened a world with this prequel for a fantastic world. She chose to introduce characters who would set the foundation of what was to come. Sam, teacher, human, seemingly accepting of what he had been thrust into. Vaughn, alpha, wolf, doctor; willing to accept that the one he had been running from would becom
Johann Shah
Re-read and re-upped to the whole pack of stars

Story: 5/5
Main Characters: 5/5

Macy Blake literally knows how to write loveable main characters that made me drool and swoon all over again

Pam
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it

Awww, I really liked this! It was exactly what I needed last night. My brain's a little broken at the moment, and I wasn't sure what I was looking for exactly, just knew I needed something ... different. I bounced around through a few things before trying this one, and it had me hooked from Page One.

It's very hurt-comfort, focus on the comfort, with that comfort being aimed at the kids. And if you don't like kids in your romances, run right now!!! Just skip over the sequel completely be
Donna
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
UGH, yes, I should have read the blurbs for the other two books in this series before jumping into this one... not that it would have changed my mind about reading this one, it just would have prepared me for what was to come. I thought the series was going to be about Sam and Vaughn... yeah, NOT! *headdesk*

This story did a great job with world building and character building! Sam and Vaughn made excellent instant parents and they came to a quick understanding of their relationship, although thi
JenMcJ
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a good prequel. Tells us more about Henry and gets us all a bit more invested in his family and Meshaq.

I loved Fiierce Sam and Competent Vaughn and Scary Meshaq as well as the rest of the family and kids. They were all pretty well fleshed out although I struggled with figuring out ages for the kids, it was pretty vague.

I have some serious issues with the Mrs. Foote plot that just ruins this book though and brings it down to a book I liked but didn't love. There had to be other ways to
Mimi
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

Great prequel for the beginning of this series. I hate I didn't read it first but that's fine.

Getting to meet Vaughn and Sam and see how they saved Henry and his siblings was and great insight into the first book and I can understand some of the problems Henry had with Andi and how protective his was of him.

I wonder if there a novella of their time together before they meet Sawyer and Draco?????
Nikki
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
I realllllly liked this book.

But that glaring plot hole that ripples out into the rest of the books is preventing a higher rating from me.

Definitely still worth reading though! Sam and Vaughn are adorable and I’m a sucker for a cute kid (or six).
Daphne
I love this series.
Dee Wy
This totally exceeded my expectations after reading the blurb. Helpless shifter children rescued from abuse learning to live a normal life with a real family. Can't wait to read more. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Give Him Hell (Hellhound Champions #3)
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • Wild Magic (Triad #4)
  • Diagnosis Wolf
  • One Bite With a Vampire (Hidden Species #2)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Mine to Save (Pine Ridge Pack #1)
  • Of Secrets and Wolves (Winsford Shifters #1)
  • Wish (Scales 'N' Spells #2.5)
  • Love (Wolves of Walker County #4)
  • Jon's Boom Shaka Laka Problem (Jon’s Mysteries, #4)
  • Mine to Keep (Pine Ridge Pack #2)
  • The Second and His Bonded (Kincaid Pack, #2)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • Truth (Wolves of Walker County, #1)
  • Treasured
Macy Blake believes in unicorns and fairies, in moonbeams and stardust, and that happily ever after comes in all colors of the rainbow. When she’s not busy at the day job, she loses herself in paranormal romance, living vicariously through her favorite sexy fictional heroes. These days you can often find her pounding away at the keyboard, trying to capture the magic of her own worlds.

The Chosen One (5 books)
  • All or Nothing (The Chosen One #1)
  • Nothing Ventured (The Chosen One, #2)
  • Next to Nothing (The Chosen One #3)
  • Nothing Gained (The Chosen One #4)
  • Stop at Nothing (The Chosen One #5)