Start by marking “Vlad (Veiled, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vlad (Veiled, #2)

Vlad

(Veiled #2)

History believes me to be a merciless savage. A terror upon the Earth known as The Impaler. Archaic lore whispers I am the first of the vampire lineage.

These claims ... are all painted in bloody truth.

Now, while the world watches in fear, a war is brewing. Humans are targeting vampires in merciless attacks to force us back into the shadows.

They woke me to be their weapo
Published November 18th 2018 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Vlad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vlad

Start your review of Vlad (Veiled, #2)
Movies, Shows,
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Note: This review contains NO spoilers

Oh... My... Goodness! I am still reeling after turning the last page. Just when I thought Veiled was... "WHOA!" I finish Vlad! And... My mind is blown! For something that Stacey said she would never right, she has gone beyond incredible with this series. The well-developed characters, the eerie world-building made this a deliciously sinister story. The suspense and drama was evident, especially with the romantic tensions between characters. This second insta
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! Absolutely, without a doubt, the best Dracula story I've ever read! It's really hard to top the first book or movie in any series, but it is done here with such effortless ease that it is simply mind blowing!
Veiled was a book to be reckoned with, full of brand new twists on a vampire story, mingled with politics, and laced with laughs in typical Rourke fashion, leaving you in shock and dying for more! Well you will not be disappointed! Not only do we get more of the story that you've been
Belle's Book Labyrinth
***READ VEILED FIRST BEFORE READING VLAD***

So while the first book Veiled, was interesting and I overall liked it, Vlad seriously made up for it all. This is one amazing story and really sent this series flying high. I loved the dark, gothic tones, the history of Vlad in which the author really gives us solid, character background and development, and the snarkiness of Vinx. There is witty banter, many twists and turns, and a FREAKIN' cliff hanger that left me wanting more while also being angry
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Rourke has done it again!! She has brought forth another amazing and unforgettable story about Vlad.

Reading and learning about Vlad and Vincenza's story gave me the shivers up and down my spine. These two characters gave off an immense power from the turn of each page and I couldn't help but be addicted to this story from beginning to end.

The story-line was incredible and the huge cliffhanger ending was extremely shocking too. There was so much blood an gore in this book but it didn't detour me
Niamh Hunter
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stacy Spoonster
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wait...what?!? Holy plot twist, Batman. I did not see that ending coming at all. Wow!! *shakes head* Ok, on with the review.
I love Stacey Rourke's characters. It's one of the many things that drew me to her writing. That being said, I never thought any of her characters would ever replace Ireland Crane as my favorite. Yeah, Vinx just blew her out of the water. Vinx is strong, smart, funny and tends to bury her feelings in snark. Something I know absolutely nothing about. *tries to look innocen
Marissa
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire-novels
Vlad is the second installment in the Veiled series and picks up right where Veiled left off. Vinx seeks out Vlad (yes, that Vlad) to help save the world from falling apart due to human-vampire clashes from events of the first book. Little does Vinx know what can of worms she is about to open.

The book is told from alternating points of view of Vinx, our spunky kick butt heroine from Veiled, and Vlad, the infamous father of all vampires who was briefly introduced in Veiled. Vlad's chapters predo
Sebanti
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
IT is pretty hard to top the first book of a series, but Vlad just did that and on top of that it just blew me off. I’m still reeling from the ending. God knows I’d need another 7 days to recover. The gothic atmosphere, sinister setting, dark environment and enchanting portrayal of past and present just makes this book more fantastical. I find the fact very intriguing how the author blends the past and present seamlessly. I believe that it is very justified because without knowing his past we wo ...more
Autumn
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2018
I received an ARC to give an honest review.

Okay, now we get to see the real vampire the one they call Vlad we get to see how he became who he is. Yet, can he help put a stop to the evil that will be lurking and coming out among the humans? The only main issue I had with the book is that there needs to be something that lets us readers know when there is a change between people. I kept getting confused as to whose scene it was and I had to flip back a few pages so often.

I had a few questions thr
Joyffree
NO WAY! WHEN? HOW??
This is book two in the series and NO it is not standalone - and YES it ends on a bit of a plot twist "OMG HOW NO" moment - YES I am still reeling from all the twists and turns and how book two concluded and lawd do I have questions- I really need book three now!
In Vlad, all of our faves are back and all I can say is hold on because you are in for one hell-aciously wild ride! How Rourke topped the suspense and action from Veiled I am not sure but she did.
I want to do this with
TJ
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD! I mean I really didn't think I would read, much less love, another vampire book. Stacey Rourke proved me wrong with Veiled , book 1 in the series, and my love for this series has just grown with book 2.

Vlad follows Vinx and the gang as they set to expose the current situations in the Nosferatu community. This is book 2 in the series and I would highly recommend reading the first book before you read this one.

The Veiled Series has such a different take on the whole Vampire genre of b
Heather Lovelace
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, Stacey Rourke, ok. We all get it. You are officially the master of all the things.

Readers, if you are familiar with Ms. Rourke, or if this is your first adventure with this lovely author, let me be the first to tell you that your encounter in these pages will make your head spin in the best possible way.

Think you’ve read all the various ways Dracula and vampires could possibly be explored? Nope. Wrong. Rourke has turned the classic tale of Dracula on its head and immersed the reader in a wo
Kirstian
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

To put it plainly, Stacey knows how to write a remarkable vampire story. Vlad is not your typical Dracula story and I absolutely love it! After reading Veiled, I could not wait to start Vlad, I think it took me a total of 6 days to complete both books. If not for the Thanksgiving holiday I would have probably finished them much sooner. With the help of my trusty Kindle I was able to stay up late and consume as much of this book as
Jennifer Faulkner
I need MORE!

What an amazing follow up to the first book, Veiled. (This book is definitely not a standalone. You will need to read book one or risk confusion most of this book.) Ironically, this book brings awareness to hate, fear, unwarranted judgments and painting a particular group in false light in a time where society is doing the same. This book is fast-paced and delicious. Stacey does a fabulous job of bringing the old legend of Dracula into a new modern day story. It focuses more on Vinx
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
***You must read Veiled first.

Dracula has always been sexy and suave in all the books and movies, but Rourke's Dracula is HAWT! Vlad has old school charm, a bit if awkwardness, and is simply swoon worthy. He fills out a three piece suit like a GQ cover model. (Rarrr)

Rourke weaves in Vlad's backstory seamlessly; and its not the overdone version either. Her version while steeped in history has her own twist.

Kira Assad
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am thrilled with Vlad, the second book in the Veiled series! Not only did we receive a wonderful backstory of Vlad and how he came to be the first vampire (along with some other legends from popular literature mixed in), but we see these intersections between that time and the present with Vinx and the other characters introduced in the first book. This book was a whirlwind of wondering what might happen next. Then add on that killer ending, it may leave you in a cliffhanger, but wow it was a ...more
Jo
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warning – this is not a standalone story – please do read Veiled before starting Vlad or risk being horribly confused!

OK. So, the book. Well I have a big problem with this story – it’s just too short! I wanted more. More Vlad. More Vincenza. Just more of everything.

This is a clever book. The legend of Vlad the Impaler woven into the fabric of this very modern Vampire story gives it an extra twist. Dark, dangerous and, frankly, delicious.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book
Charity Rowell
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindlebr
I received a free copy of this book and opted to share a review.

Rourke's interpretation of Dracula's story is fantastic! Fans of classic vampire lore will recognize some of the elements of Vlad's origin story, but it also has several unique and contemporary twists that make this interpretation fascinating. The characters are nothing short of mesmerizing. If you are a fan of the classic vampire tales, you will recognize several names in the plot; however, the histories of these characters, while
Paranormal Tendencies
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Stacey Rourke! I enjoy everything she writes and am always looking forward to what she writes next. This story of Vicenza, her team and the recruitment of Vlad to their cause is an exciting one! From the beginning to the crazy cliffhanger, this book will have you on the edge of your seat. And most likely, you’ll be panting for more. This one gets 5 stars from me.
Stacey please, for the love of Vlad, write the next one really fast!!

Amanda
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vlad is an amazing follow up to Veiled. I would recommend that you read Veiled first and then Vlad. So you know what going on. I love Stacey’s take on the vampires and Vlad. This book will have you hooked from page one. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Vlad and Vinx. I really liked the back story of Vlad and the evil Dorian! This is another must read from Stacey.
Mariah Garell
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honest and dark

This book offers a peek into the mind of not only our favorite pseudo-vamp lady, but the king of vampires himself - Vlad. I enjoyed reading about his fall (which, given how he was able to cling to his beliefs even despite his darkness, didn't seem like a fall at all). My only complaint? Over too quickly. Need more!
Amber Shepherd
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stacey Rourke is one of the most underrated indie authors. I am absolutely OBSESSED with this series. She somehow manages to make a battle between vampires and humans full of action, romance, and a shit load of hilarity. I laughed so hard reading this book multiple times. I absolutely cant wait for the next one.
Beverly
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This is a fresh look on Vlad's story. The second in a greAt series.I am glad Stacey Rourke decided to write vampires . It is awesome I highly recommend this boom,series and author.
Brynn Myers
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vamps
OMG!!! I am grabbing Vendetta STAT!

Vlad. Vinx. The wedding. Despicable Dorian! Read this series. It's fantastic! I cannot wait to see how this ends. For all you vampire lovers, this is a must read.
J.A. Cintron
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh damn, this is so good like so so good! The first book was OK, since it was a different thing for me but, oh this one was another thing all together! I can't wait for more! ...more
Ellen morais
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Boring

It was a little predictable st times. There were brought characters and sub=plots that the story really keeps you enguaged. I enjoyed the book and read it all night.
Christy
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Start to finsh perfect

This is the Vampire series I been waiting on. All i can say is Long Live the Queen. Stacey gives us what we dont expect.
Mandie
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! I absolutely loved Vlad’s story! So unforgettable! I loved these characters!
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dracula has always been sexy and suave in all the books and movies, but Rourke's Dracula is HAWT! Vlad has old school charm, a bit if awkwardness, and is simply swoon worthy. He fills out a three-piece suit like a GQ cover model. (Rarrr)

The wit and snark of Vincenza is ever present in Vlad. She is one of my favorite characters.

Vlad is quite the page turner
Valerie (Cats Luv Coffee)
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Vlad is the second book in the Veiled series. While I had access to the first book, I chose not to read it in order, and instead allowed Vlad to speak for itself.

Vlad is told from a shifting perspective, from Vlad to Vincenza, or Vinx as she is known to her friends. It also jumps from Vlad's past to the present, which made for a confusing mix at first. This is not my favorite thing. Unless it's properly delineated, I have a difficult time switching gears in mid-story. Once I caught the rhythm o

• Rapture (Hades Castle Trilogy #2)
  • Vampire Bound: Book Two (Vampire Bound #2)
  • Vampire Bound: Complete Series, Books 1-4 (Last Vampire World #2)
  • Magical Midlife Invasion (Leveling Up #3)
  • Witching for Joy (Premonition Pointe, #3)
  • It's A Wonderful Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #1)
  • Roots Of Rage (Transfusion Saga, #9)
  • These Monstrous Ties (Unsainted, #1)
  • Curse of the Fae King (Dark Faerie Court, #1)
  • Witching For Hope (Premonition Pointe, #2)
  • Midlife Ghost Hunter (Forty Proof, #4)
  • Loner
  • Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits (Grimm Cove, #3)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Make Me Hate You
  • Black Knight (Royal Elite, #4)
  • Playboy Princes (Royals of Arbon Academy, #2)

Veiled (2 books)