Start by marking “All Those Lies (DI Tracy Collier #1)” as Want to Read:
All Those Lies (DI Tracy Collier #1)

All Those Lies

(DI Tracy Collier #1)

SHE TOLD HERSELF THE PAST DIDNT MATTER. SHE. WAS. WRONG.

Detective Inspector Tracy Collier has a past shes convinced she can sweep under the carpet. Theres a killer out there, though, whos out to prove her theory wrong. A body turning up, gutted and dressed to appear homeless, is the killers calling card to lure Tracy into a world where she has to face her fears.

Its
Published October 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about All Those Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Those Lies

Start your review of All Those Lies (DI Tracy Collier #1)
Kathi Defranc
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Childhood Filled With Lies And Abuse, Do You Really Get Over That...

What a chilling tale, told in a way that you can not retreat, you must continue reading to find answers to a past a few young girls are unable to forget...
Tracy Collier is a Detective Inspector, forced to see in crime scenes the demons she tries to hide from everyone in her life. She uses different masks, personas she takes on, one with her boyfriend, one with her staff. The real Tracey remains hidden, until some new murders
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This is the first book in the D.I. Tracy Collier crime series. Tracys character, as with most detectives characters, has a troubled past, leaving them flawed. Whilst most authors tend to feed drip us information slowly over the course of a few books in a series, we get to know all the nitty gritty right in this book.

What a past Tracy has had as well. It was awful reading of her childhood and what she went though. My heart went out to her and I could understand the hardened exterior she shows the
M.A. Comley
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this is one of the best books, if not the best book I've ever read. If you love the TV programme No Offence you'll definitely enjoy this one.

Tracy Collier is one of the best characters I've ever read, her development throughout the book was amazing as each layer was discovered.

Brutal murders are happening that Tracy and her team have to solve. I really don't want to say more as to do so would give the plot away.

Tracy has a secret past that she has fought hard to hide over the
Alex ♈
Sue McQuaide Kitt
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh I do love the start of a new series and an exciting new author to me, this one is going to be one to watch out for.

DI Tracy Collier has a past that she would rather bury, but as she investigates several brutal murders, memories from her past begin to haunt her.

All Those Lies is exciting and full of suspense and fast paced with some amazing lead characters and I cant wait to get to know more about them in the next DI Tracy Collier book.

I feel this new series will appeal to fans of two of my
Craig Gillan
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Had me gripped from the start, bloody brilliant
Sean Talbot
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I really day about this book.  It has the feel of on of the creepiest stories.
It had such a strange feel to it and really shows just what this series will have in store for me.
Tracy Collier has such a strong personality and it seems like such a dark past that will come back on her.
What I really like about this is that its darker than most of my standard reads.  It has such high potential the series and it shines a light on darker aspects.
Ola Adamska
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2018
This was a great fast paced read full of secret and hidden truths that will make you open your mouth due to the shock!
Ms. Ellis created a character with a horrible past that will have to go down the road of her past that was supposed to stay forgotten. What secrets will be revealed, what had happened when she was a child? The narrating style is unique and unusual!
This is not a read for faint-hearted due to some triggers.
Tracie Delaney
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love a good stonking crime read with a multi-dimensional female lead who is far from perfect. You know the ones: they make mistakes, they break the rules, they lose their s**t sometimes - in other words, they're human.

Enter Tracy Collier - A Detective Inspector who finds herself with a spate of murders on her hands. Each victim has been brutally killed and posed. Except, as time passes, Tracy begins to recognize messages the killer has clearly left - for her.

Could the killings be linked to
Wendy Tynen
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

I gave this book five stars because it gripped me from the very beginning, the characters were likeable and very believable, as was the story itself. I was kept completely engaged from start to finish, I desperately wanted to find out what happened, but at the same time didn't want the book to end. I feel a bit lost now that I've finished it. There was also a smattering of humour throughout which I loved. I cannot wait for book 2 to come out!
Anyone who likes suspense/mystery will love
Dee Groocock
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic start to a new series and I look forward to reading more from this author. The story is quite a harrowing read in places but all essential to the plot. I have to say that the ending is one of the best I have read in a long time. A gripping book and one I would recommend.
Kelsey Banks
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
I so wanted to give this a better rating but I felt like I'd joined the book in the middle of the story - there seemed to be so much missing I even checked it wasn't the second in a series. Far fetched plot. There's so much better out there. Disappointed
Kath
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Normally I prefer my crimes not to be all about the main characters' pasts but I kept getting this book recommended to me and so I eventually capitulated and gave it a go. And you know what, despite my reservations, I actually really rather enjoyed it. So much so that I already have the next two in the series lined up ready to go.
In this series opener we meet DI Tracy Collier (yay, a normally named character!). She's a bit, well, abrasive isn't quite the right word but it'll do for now. She's in
Charlotte Howard
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All Those Lies is a brilliant piece of crime fiction. As a murder mystery fan, I'm usually good at picking up on plot twists, but I didn't see the end coming at all!

DI Tracy Collier is not wholly likeable, which is unusual when most writers try to make their main character's appealing to the reader. However, her character flaws are intrinsic to the back story, and was so fabulously written that I want to read more about her life, and why she's like she is. I was unsure about Damon as well at
Sandra Leivesley
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
DI Tracy Collier is heading an investigation into the murders of several men who have been gutted and then posed. Could the murders be somehow linked to her past?

This is quite a short book, which I read in a couple of sessions. It is difficult to read sometimes, dealing with the subject of paedophilia. I dont think I liked the main character, DI Collier, who was trying to deal with demons from her past whilst also trying to do her job. Could a police inspector really sit back for years and do
Antigone Walsh
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
A series of brutal murders lead a police detective back to her childhood of abuse. This is an ugly story populated with unlikeable characters. It was a chore to read the first half. Tracy, the detective, is unpleasant notwithstanding a sympathetic back story. It is outlandish really but the second half picks up and the end is satisfying. The British slang gets annoying and I can't say I liked Tracy any better at the end than I did at the beginning. basically, a breakneck ride through a sewer, ...more
Diane Warburton
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A new author for me and the first book in her DI Tracy Collier series. Not a long story but just enough to pack in some great writing with lots of punch. The story introduces the characters into the book really well, it will be interesting to see how they develope throughout the series. Quite a bloody read but not too gory, more emphasis was on the psychological side of the investigation which worked well with the plot. I will definitely be reading more from this author.
A.J. Griffiths-Jones
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DI Tracy Collier is a tough cookie & runs a tight ship, especially when her team are on the hunt for a serial killer. Amidst the turmoil of events, Collier is fighting her own demons & fears that the past may come back to haunt her. Riveting reading from the start, Ellis has moulded her characters well & its easy to get a sense of the fear & frustration that plays out between them. My first read by this author has certainly impressed me & I shall be purchasing more in the ...more
R. E.
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chilling

Turns and twists abound in this story. The main character is a police woman with a horrendous past. Her efforts to put her horrid childhood behind her begin to unravel as she investigates a serial killer.

This is a real page-turner that I could not put down. The ending was very satisfying.

No problem recommending this book.
Valerie
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Gave this a three because I'm not sure how I feel about it. DI Tracy Collier is working a case of murder that is giving clues drawing her too close to her own hidden past. She fights her way through doing her job while trying to find answers without being drawn back to her abuser. The end is a shocker.
Lin Robertson
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first book by Emmy Ellis, and what an exciting read it was!

DI Tracey Collier and the team are busy on a case.
A body has been found. They start searching for the person responsible.

There were lots of twists and turns, to keep me glued. Couldnt believe some of the things that happened.
Rachael Hirst
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

This is an absolutely brilliantly written book, I could not put it down. I can usually figure out what is going to happen in a book, but with this book, there is a very clever twist. It is fair to say I shall be downloading more books by Emmy Ellis.
B.E.
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. That was creepy and dark and disturbing. And so good. Can't say anymore without giving away spoilers, but man. This one's gonna stick with me for a while. Not for the weak of stomach or the faint of heart. Inhaled this in an afternoon - it was just that good.
Kerry Watts
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book. dark and gripping and gritty. Loved it. Five stars.
pat logan
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

What a. Great. Read!!! Twists and turns u would not expect. Once you start u cannot put the book down!!!
Leeanne Paling
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A first

Not read a book by this author before, I'm so glad I did! Read in less than ten hours, bring on th next.
Su Biela
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! New author for me.....

...certainly won't be the last! Fantastic, fast paced book that had my heart racing and crying at the same time. Fantastic twist at the end
Jim Ody
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is great book, my first by this author. With interesting characters, and a plot that twists like a snake, it had me swiping through the pages of my Kindle at speed. Brilliant.
beverley hirst
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easy read

This was a very easy book to pick up and put down first book I have read from this author will look to read others
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fab

A deliciously dark and twisted book that keeps you gripped right until the very end. Will be reading more from this author

• The Murder Pact (DI Sara Ramsey Book 5)
  • Goodbye My Precious Child (DI Sally Parker #6)
  • Torn Apart (Hero Series, #1)
  • Deluded (DI Sara Ramsey, #4)
  • End Result (Hero, #2)
  • Lost Innocence
  • Overdue Justice
  • Killer Blow (DI Sara Ramsey, #2)
  • Twisted Revenge (DI Sara Ramsey Book 6)
  • Double Jeopardy (Hero, #4)
  • In Plain Sight (Hero, #3)
  • The Dead Can't Speak (DI Sara Ramsey, #3)
  • No Hiding Place (D.I. Sally Parker, #2)
  • Dying Breath (DI Kayli Bright, #5)
  • The Lies They Told (DI Karen Heath #1)
  • Tragic Deception (Deception, #1)
  • Cold Case (D.I. Sally Parker, #3)
  • Murderous Betrayal (DI Kayli Bright, #4)
Author of the DI Tracy Collier series

DI Tracy Collier (5 books)
  • All That Deceit (DI Tracy Collier #2)
  • All Her Fears (DI Tracy Collier #3)
  • All Their Sins (DI Tracy Collier #4)
  • All The Bones (DI Tracy Collier #5)

News & Interviews