Start by marking “Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)

Crier's War

(Crier's War #1)

After the War of Kinds ravaged the kingdom of Rabu, the Automae, designed to be the playthings of royals, usurped their owners’ estates and bent the human race to their will.

Now Ayla, a human servant rising in the ranks at the House of the Sovereign, dreams of avenging her family’s death…by killing the sovereign’s daughter, Lady Crier.

Crier was Made to be beautiful, flawle
Expected publication: October 1st 2019 by HarperTeen

Win a Copy of This Book

• Crier's War by Nina Varela
    Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
    Release date: Oct 01, 2019
    An epic fantasy about an impossible love between two girls—one human, one Made—whose romance could be the beginning of a revolution.

Enter for the chan

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 959 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jul 15 - Aug 05, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Crier's War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crier's War

Chaima ✨ شيماء
    This book: *is an f/f slow-burn enemies-to-lovers YA fantasy with the most beautiful cover*

Me: *SLAMS FIST ON DESK* NOW THAT’S THE SHIT I LIKE TO SEE
    ✨    jamieson   ✨
    Jun 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
    F/f slowburn enemies to lovers romance in a fantasy world might fuck around and break into HarperCollins to nick a copy
    mahana
    🌼review can also be found on my blog! 🌼

representation: lesbian mc's, f/f romance, #ownvoices author

At the beginning of the Automae era, human Queen Thea - who cannot bear children - commissions her people to build her a child. One who can replicate every aspect of human life. A seemingly impossible request is manufactured, where individuals are Made, with Four Pillars: Reason, Calculation, Organics, and Intellect. However, this ignites a vicious war between the humans and the Automades, who r
    E.
    Is it too early to beg for the sequel if the 1st book hasn't even officially came out yet???? Anyway, it's too late to write a proper review so I'll just say HOLY FUCKING SHIT
    Thanks for attention.

—————

I actually started it yesterday but forgot to update this. Anyway, I'm only 10% in but I already added it to my favs so go preorder it or whatever. 👌👌😍
    Also, follow the author on Twitter! She is such a kind soul!

—————

f/f enemies to lovers fantasy?? with THIS cover?? 👀👀

__________________________

ins
    Circe
    Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    You want girls loving girls? Agonizing slow burn? A hate to love arc that will tear out your damn heart? READ THIS BOOK.

I'm a total mess right now and this book is the cause. CRIER'S WAR is a lyrical, romantic debut that keeps you guessing at every turn. Just when you think you know where the story is going it flips the lid, and it feels effortless the way Varela handles these themes: the consequences of clinging to hatred, the cost of war, and what it means to really be human. And oh yeah, it'
    Emily May
    Apr 22, 2019 marked it as arc-2019  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: fantasy, arc, young-adult

ARC provided in exchange for honest review
    Acqua
    Mar 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: q, qf, yff, ya
    f/f fantasy!!! And look at all the details on that cover!
    Sally ☾
    Jun 21, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: fantasy
    the f/f slow burn fantasy book my queer ass has always needed and wanted and craved.
    milou  ☁️
    so it's an f/f fantasy? i'm already hooked. but this is also giving me a bit of humans the tv show vibes

Italian Trulli
    Rachel Strolle
    Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    i'm always here for fantasy romances that involve kissing and knives
    Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
    this cover somehow manages to look wealthier than my entire bank account
    ;3
    May 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
    SLOWBURN F/F FANTASY,,,,THE BIG BRAIN JUMPED OUT!
    shri (sunandchai)
    Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Full review here on my blog!

Wow, where do I even start. I think I’m just going to word vomit on this one because I had so many thoughts, I actually used the highlights and notes feature on the Kindle app for once in my life. Crier’s War was one of my most anticipated books of 2019, and it was every much the religious experience I was hoping it’d be. Between gorgeous writing, numerous allusions to our current societal institutions and prejudices, and a heart wrenching love story amidst tumult
    Erin
    May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: kick-a-girls
    Officially this is my review:
    Nina Varela's masterful storytelling, woven with gorgeous poetic prose, hooked me from the first page. Crier and Ayla come to life on the pages of Crier's War. You can't help but be lured into the vividly imagined world ruled by the cruel and beautiful Automae, where humans must fight a war for their survival. This fierce tale of political machinations, new and surprising friendships, and blossoming love is as heart-wrenching as it is unforgettable.

Unofficially: Oh
    Tori Kiersten Frost
    May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I received an ARC of this title through my workplace.

Do you want alchemy-based robots and rad fantasy world-building? Do you want some high quality enemies-to-lovers content? With girls kissing OTHER GIRLS?? You have come to the right place, my friend. CRIER'S WAR is a phenomenal debut with razor-sharp prose and a plot that will keep even those who read far, far too many books in the genre on their toes to the last page (and beyond).
    Emily (emilykatereads)
    "Loving someone who's... who's impossible to have. I know what that's like more than anything."

This book delivers in three important areas:
    1) enemies to lovers trope
    2) slow burn romance
    2) seriously sapphic

I didn't know this book was a thing until I saw it available in an arc drop at BookCon. I saw queer robots and humans and knew I immediately needed it. Plus going on Goodreads and seeing literally every pre-review hype it up for slow-burn sapphic enemies to lovers. Literally everything I needed
    Marine
    Jun 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
    I can’t wait to read it!!
    Tamara
    Jun 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
    hello book i look forward to the most this year I WANT IT RIGHT NOW
    Kelsey
    "Look at the fluidity, the grace in each transition. They make it seem effortless. But see for yourself: their muscles are trembling. It is not effortless at all.

If there exists a type of human capable of dismantling our world, it is the dancer."

you heard it here folks this is the only book you'll ever need

Beautiful, poetic writing, political machinations, protagonists who you can root for all throughout their successes and their dumb mistakes - also a hate-to-love romance to die for. It's a s
    Amanda Danii Reads
    Shelves: lgbtq, 2019
    LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY, I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS
    harmony
    May 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
    I don't think I've ever written a review for a book I haven't read but I am sooo excited for this!!!!

a slow burn hate to love f/f romance? and it's fantasy?? sign me tf up!

and that cover!! 😍🤩
    Fanna
    Jun 15, 2019 marked it as definitive-tbr
    F/F? Slow burn? Enemies to lovers? And it's pitched as perfect for fans of Game of Thrones and Westworld? OMG, this book is meant for me. I already love it.

AHHHH! I'm on the blog tour for this stunning book 😍 Can't wait to hype it up, as if it already isn't so hyped BUT YAYYYY! Thank you, Nina Varela, Karina, and Harper Collins International 💞
    Samantha
    I’ve heard this book described as “Lesbian slow burn enemies to lovers” and I AM SOLD. I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK ASAP
    Glasstown Entertainment
    Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    A beautiful, lyrically written deeply romantic fantasy journey. Highly recommend.
    Jackie
    Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: sci-fi, 2019-reads, arcs
    Here’s the thing this book isn’t filled with heart stopping, consume your every thought and emotion as you rip through its pages but it’s a well written f/f which I rarely get to read so far that I’m willing to be generous with my rating.

“Crier’s War” finds us in the future where human like machines were built to fit the needs of the Queen but once their own will and desire for power outweighed their humanity a war broke out leaving the creators as second class citizens. With whispers of revolu
    Swetlana (The Caffeinated Bookworm Life)
    Thank god for book Twitter because I wouldn't have known about this book otherwise and it ticks so many of my boxes? FANTASY, slow-burn romance, enemies-to-lovers and on top of all of that goodness? It's F/F fantasy which we all know the world needs more of! I'm super stoked and can't wait to read it come October!
    Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
    Thank you HarperCollins for providing me with an ARC of this book

OH YEAH BABY GIMME IT
    Amber (The Book Bratz)
    The full review + more can be found at The Book Bratz

It's has only been two days since I finished Crier's War and I still don't have enough words to describe it. Also, I don't think any of the words I have would do this book the ounce of justice it deserves. An #Ownvoices story by debut author Nina Valera, has been pitched to fans of Game of Thrones and Westworld and is a beautifully written novel about the love between two girls can fuel a revolution.

I am a sucker for a slow burn enemies-to-l
    Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    OMG, why on Earth did I read this already when the book doesn't release until October and then I'll have to wait a whole other year for the sequel to find out what happens next?! What a bad move brain! I wasn't actually sure how much I would love this book because I don't feel like robots are really my "thing." I've enjoyed books with them before but it's not something I really seek out in what I read. I loved Crier, she may have been my favorite character in the book. There was something incred ...more
    Nina Varela is a nationally awarded writer of screenplays and short fiction. She was born in New Orleans and raised on a hippie commune in Durham, North Carolina, where she spent most of her childhood playing in the Eno River, building faerie houses from moss and bark, and running barefoot through the woods. These days, Nina lives in Los Angeles with her writing partner and their tiny, ill-behaved ...more

Crier's War (3 books)
    • Untitled (Crier's War #2)
    • Untitled (Crier's War #3)