Start by marking “The Empire of Dreams (Fire and Thorns, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Empire of Dreams (Fire and Thorns, #4)

The Empire of Dreams

(Fire and Thorns #4)

New York Times-bestselling author Rae Carson makes a triumphant return to the world of her award-winning Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy in this extraordinary stand-alone novel. With action, adventure, and a heroine set on destroying the patriarchal limits meant to keep her in her place, The Empire of Dreams once again proves that Rae Carson is a master of epic ...more
Expected publication: April 7th 2020 by Greenwillow Books

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Empire of Dreams by Rae Carson
    The Empire of Dreams (Fire and Thorns, #4)
    Release date: Apr 07, 2020
    New York Times–bestselling author Rae Carson makes a triumphant return to the world of her award-winning Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy in this ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 1858 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 13 - Feb 03, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Empire of Dreams, please sign up.
    Liz No. This is in the "Fire and Thorns" series.…moreNo. This is in the "Fire and Thorns" series. (less)

Start your review of The Empire of Dreams (Fire and Thorns, #4)
    Pie
    May 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
    ARE YOU KIDDING I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR ANOTHER FIRE AND THORNS BOOK FOR 7 YEARS!!
    Lucia
    Dec 03, 2019 marked it as dnf
    Shelves: ya, fantasy
    DNF

I adored initial Fire and Thorns trilogy (read my spoiler free series review here) but unfortunately this spin-off didn't have the same drive and appeal for me. Simply said, storyline wasn't very engaging. It all comes down to the fact that I couldn't connect with Red (MC) and therefore found her story boring.

All that aside, Mrs. Carson really can write and this is nicely written YA fantasy novel that will definitely find its audience. It just wasnt't for me.

*ARC provided by publisher as an
    Peace
    Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Full review coming soon, but I LOVED it.

(I got an e-galley from EpicReads Insiders)
    julianna ➹
    okay but also: girl of fire and thorns was one of my favorite series, ever, soooooooooooooo let's see
    Lexie
    Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Elisa's story holds a special place in my heart. That trilogy (and short stories) are among my favorite fantasies as they combined everything I love about fantasy into one series.

So yes of course I was excited for this book. A revisit to characters of my heart? A broadening of a world I adore? Sign me up!

What I didn't expect was a novel that while its a wonderful sequel to Elisa's adventures is almost perfect on its own.

I won't deny that having some knowledge of the world didn't help me, nor
    Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
    Sep 11, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
    Thank you HarperCollins and Greenwillow Books for the ARC.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
    Alison
    Aug 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    SHUT UP. Why didn't I realize this was set in the same world as Fire and Thorns?!?

Also, why must 2020 be so far away????

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Youtube
    Michelle
    Jun 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Ohmygodohmygodogmygod! More Girl of Fire and Thorns world!! Ahhhhhh!!!
    Jess (The Lives of A Reader)
    OMG WHAT how did I not know about a fire and thorns spinoff sooner???
    Brandon St Mark
    I always enjoy Carson's novels (one of few YA authors who I can say that with), so you know my pre-order is on lock.
    Chelsey
    Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: fantasy, fiction, ya-teen
    Red Sparkle Stone is about to complete the unlikeliest of transformations: from slave to princess of the empire of Joya d'Arena. But when everything goes wrong at her formal adoption ceremony, the royal family fears betrayal is surrounding them. Eager to prove herself, Red decides to join the Royal Guard as a recruit. Can she survive training, but more importantly, uncover the plot against the heirs to the throne?

This definitely works as a standalone novel. I was fully engaged by both Red's
    Tekla
    Nov 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Time for a re-read of the series!!

Maria
    Nov 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: anticipated-2020
    а вот это вот щас внезапно!
    не знаю как я отношусь к идее неожиданного продолжения трилогии, которая считалась законченной, но надо проверить, конечно
    Karyn Silverman
    Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2019-reads, arcs, ya
    Loved it! Can’t wait to share it with others. Great as book 4 but also stands alone.
    Alice Byrnes

First 25%: 3 stars
    Last 75%: 5 stars

I'll preface this by saying I have not read the Fire and Thorns Trilogy, but I immediately checked the first book out from the library after finishing The Empire of Dreams.

The first quarter of this book started out pretty slow. There just wasn't a lot differentiating it from many other YA fantasy novels, and I initially had trouble getting absorbed in the story and caring about the characters (Plus, the main character's name. It's at least
    Perla The IB Teen Book Blogger
    Lauren
    Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Electronic ARC provided by Edelweiss.

"Empire of Dreams" occurs several years after the end of Carson's "Fire and Thorns" trilogy, and focuses on the somewhat oddly named Red Sparkle Stone. Red is a foundling with a troubled past, but as this book opens she is about to be officially adopted into the royal family by Empress Elena. Unfortunately the adoption is blocked at the last moment by Elena's political rivals, and Red is left once again to figure out what her future is going to be.

Red is a
    Becky
    Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I received an ARC (e-galley from EpicReads) of this and absolutely LOVED it. I have yet to read other books by Carson but I am sure to now. This book is great as a stand alone, so even if you haven't read the others in the series (like me) you can 100% still enjoy it.

A few things I loved about this book:

It helped me get out of a reading slump

The PTSD awareness is so important and I'm glad the author emphasizes this

The flashbacks didn't distract from the story, they enhanced the novel perfectly
    Miranda
    Thank you to the publisher for access to this title in return for a fair review.

From the time I read A Girl of Fire and Thorns, Rae Carson became a favorite author. If she writes it, I want to read it. I've read each new novel as it's been published, and then had to impatiently wait for more. So when I learned about her newest book, I knew I needed to read it. And when I saw it was all about Red and a part of the Fire and Thorns series, I knew it would be great. And it is!

Red's story is a tale
    Jessica (Jessabella Reads)
    Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! One of my all-time favorite series and I couldn’t get enough! So incredibly glad that Rae decided to tell Red’s story...it was a long time coming and this book completely met my high expectations set when I read the first 3 books in the Fire and Thorns series years ago. Was awesome to be able to come back to a world that I ADORED and see it from an entirely different perspective! If you haven’t read any of the books in this series yet, I highly recommend grabbing the first ...more
    Alicia
    Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    A brilliant addition to the Girl of Fire and Thorns world. Red is loved the moment we are introduced to her in the first trilogy and Rae Carson gives us more to love in this novel.

Red's personal journey is relatable; the fight to prove herself to those around her and realize she is worth more than she thought is something we all can relate to. And in true form, the supporting characters are well rounded and distinctly voiced.

It's great to see old friends and meet new ones in this world that I
    Kat
    #TheEmpireofDreams
    #RaeCarson
    #Edelweiss
    Thank you to Edelweiss and HarperCollins for the opportunity to read and review The Empire of Dreams by Rae Carson.

What a wonderful read! Rae Carson is an amazing writer. The Empire of Dreams brings the beautiful and dynamic Elisa back with new characters. A great adventure that hopefully will turn into more books for this series. YAY!
    Bookaholic
    Dec 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
    A NEW FIRE AND THORNS BOOK OMGGG WHAT IS THISSSSS I AM HAVING A MELTDOWN!!!!
    Aditi
    WHAT! HUH? YES, PLEASE
    Danielle
    Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arc, fantasy, ya
    A great addition to the series, but also an excellent stand alone. I was so glad to dive back into this world.
    Jessica
    Kalie
    Sep 11, 2019
    Jen Blair
    Dec 26, 2019
    susen s
    Jan 09, 2020

• The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
    • Yes No Maybe So
    • Thirteen Doorways, Wolves Behind Them All
    • The Shadows Between Us
    • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
    • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
    • Slay
    • Mad, Bad & Dangerous To Know
    • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
    • Butterfly Yellow
    • Christmas Shopaholic
    • The Kingdom of Back
    • The Traitor's Kingdom (The Traitor's Circle, #3)
    • The Bone Houses
    • Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky (Tristan Strong #1)
    • A is for Audra: Broadway's Leading Ladies from A to Z
    • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
    • Winterwood
    Rae Carson was born in 1973 in California and now lives in Arizona. She developed an enthusiasm for storytelling in her earliest childhood. She studied social sciences and worked in various industries after graduating from university before she realized her dream and became a writer. The Girl of Fire and Thorns is her debut novel.

In her own words, she "write[s] books about teens who must do brave

Fire and Thorns (4 books)
    • The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)
    • The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2)
    • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)