Jump to ratings and reviews

Egoist #1.5

Acceptance of the Egoist

“You can never win because you don’t want to win. Just admit it. You want me.”
▶▶◀◀
Depravity. Corruption. Immorality.
Sinking deeper into captivity, detective Kuon Leiris longs for the simple human contact from his captor – the Black Duke.
Isolation and emotional numbness corrode his moral values, bringing his pride to its knees until he is grateful for any sliver of kindness.

Not a standalone.

62 pages, Kindle Edition

First published October 18, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Nero Seal

16 books543 followers
Journalist, poker player, casino events manager, designer, and SEO specialist, Nero Seal tried it all before committing to the idea of being an M/M fiction writer. Living in one of the most homophobic countries in the world, he has a lot to say. Being an avid traveler, he creates his imaginary worlds from the places he’s been and the people he’s met.
Characters always talk in his head, forcing him to write their stories, using his 49 kinks as the ultimate weapon of allure. When the voices in his head aren’t slaving him around, he is drawing, hiking, and procrastinating important things in favor of momentary gratification.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
10 (2%)
1 star
2 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 72 reviews
Profile Image for Shin Mon Thway.
663 reviews1,469 followers
September 2, 2019
OMG! Kuon and Yugo are the cutest. 😍 I love it when Kuon let go and submit himself to Yugo completely. And Yugo slipping his mask of indifference and caring for his previous boy with lovingly, tenderly, passionately ... awwwww 🥰🥰🥰 just melted my heart. Can’t get enough of these two. And I’m waiting impatiently jumping up and down for book 2! Yugo belongs with Kuon! 😍

4 Acceptance, devotion and blossoming of love stars

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Profile Image for Dia.
534 reviews133 followers
January 17, 2020
"This 15k word novella is an extra story for Love of the Egoist. It takes place at the beginning of chapter 16 in the main book. Not a standalone.

TRIGGER WARNING

Acceptance of the Egoist contains explicit sexual scenes between men, strong language, dubious permission, scenes of violence, and is intended for adult readers only. Acceptance of the Egoist touches on the hard topic of Stockholm syndrome with all the pain and cruelty that comes along. This book isn’t meant for people with weak hearts or people who get easily offended or shocked."

This being said, I must admit I loved it! It showed us how Kuon started to give in and we also get another side of Yugo.

I'm diving right now into book #2 because I am dying to get more!!! This is a great dark series, with a lot of violence and cruelty, but what I enjoy here the most is the connection between the MCs. Am I twisted? Definitely. Do I care? Nope!
Profile Image for Mariam ; reading slump :(.
553 reviews301 followers
April 14, 2022
3.5 stars ✨✨✨ I'm half mad this wasn't added in book 1 and now half mad at book 1's ending.

Kuon hated the power the man had over him. He hated that he couldn’t even get mad at Yugo, because as soon as the man showed him glimpses of kindness all fight bleed out of his body, leaving behind only trembling agitation, that often disappeared under Yugo’s kisses.
Profile Image for Philomena Callan Cheekypee.
3,872 reviews396 followers
October 26, 2018
Love of the Egoist was a fabulous read so I was so excited to hear we were getting a novella to keep us going until we get Obsession of the Egoist. This isn’t a standalone so make sure you read Love of the Egoist first.

This novella exceeded my expectations. I read in one sitting as I honestly didn’t want to put it down.

Your getting nothing about the storyline from me. This is one of those books that you just gotta read yourself.

This author certainly knows how to write the dark that we dark lovers crave. Can’t wait to read more.
Profile Image for Coco.V.
46.3k reviews4 followers
Want to read
May 8, 2020
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/8/2020)! 🎁
Profile Image for MsMoxy.
385 reviews16 followers
5 Stars for Acceptance of the Egotist

This short novella was jam packed full of goodies regarding Yugo’s operation - searching for the treacherous leak in his organization, and Kuon’s emotional journey under captivity.
The power exchange between Yugo and Kuon is so heart wrenching... You want each to concede: Yugo to be a bit more gentle and forgiving and for Kuon to allow himself to explore his attraction to Yugo! But that just wouldn’t make sense in this twisted captivity story. They’re both so assertive in their stance with the other, and their moment together is so bittersweet! Especially knowing that this novel takes place somewhere in Chapter 16 of Book One! And we know how that ends! 😫

Acceptance of the Egotist is a must read! The book gives the reader that much more to the complexity that is Yugo-Kuon’s relationship as captor and captive. The scenes in this book give its read a taste of how hawt these two are in such a twisted messed up way! I don’t want Kuon to have feelings for Yugo, but I do! And I want Yugo to treat Kuon as a person and not a toy that is trifled with. Ugh! This little novella is so much! So much angst, so much rage and emotion. Prepare to be sucked into Yugo’s world! 💋
Profile Image for LivreLover.
47 reviews
October 19, 2018
So this was just great! The first book was incredibly steamy which is a pre-requisite for most of my mm romance reads but it’s not just that!

The writing is insanely detailed and sucks you in with all the descriptors, it’s almost like you can taste Yugo’s cigarette smoke in the air and feel the steam off the shower spray at times.

So add on to the awesome writing you have all this amazing character growth (nothing more boring than a static character with no personality) but you’ve got Kuon moving from one end of the spectrum to the other right along with Yugo not to mention all the underhanded dealings and fun extra characters that spice things up.

Then you’ve got these great erotic scenes that really should not be read in public unless you’re a pro at the poker face. I’m not going to rewrite them here so you’ll have to read them yourself when the book comes out.

I got the book from Nero as a pre-read and review since I loved the first book so much (check it out!) and it’s been great! It’s not just that he writes good stories it’s also that he cares about his fan base and actually responds.

If you love mm romance and some dark, twisty erotic writing then you’re barking up the right tree on this series.

Love!
LivreLover
Profile Image for Renee.
342 reviews9 followers
October 16, 2018
Nero Seal managed to exceed my already high expectations. This is the most well written novella I have seen. Not only that, but I have often found bonus scenes do not add much to the original story. This one, however, truly adds to Love of the Egoist, which must be read first.

The character development and world building continued to deepen with Acceptance of the Egoist. I was unprepared for just how much it would as Love of the Egoist already had strength in both areas. It kept me on the edge of my seat and held me emotionally captive. I wanted more, I needed more and I fell even deeper in love with the story and the author's flawless ability to make everything feel real.

It absolutely grabbed my heart and I admit to already rereading it because it is addictive. Not to mention there's some major heat to it! I suggest not reading it in public because it definitely made me blush!

Phenomenal job. If you haven't read Love of the Egoist make sure to read and then grab this novella! Both are absolute must-reads and I remain in awe of Nero Seal's ability to write such powerful words.

Profile Image for Annatasia Meehleder.
77 reviews3 followers
November 20, 2018
When I started reading this I was really interested in what I was going to find. I honestly didn’t think I would find as much as I did. My expectations were set low so I wouldn’t be disappointed but I was so happy with how this extra piece was ! I felt all of the warmth and love in this part and I’m so glad. I knew that Kuon and Yugo would get THERE.

I also knew that Kuon would accept him eventually even though this started out and just kind of is in general a bad romance. The kind that has revenge, loving, betrayal, all the things to make a great bad romance/drugs involved movie. I can just hear Lady Gaga playing right now but at the same time there is passion, beauty and vulnerability with these two men.

When reading this extra part you get to see more depth not just into their relationship but also into them alone as a character. Almost like we’re reading their souls. It’s moving and humbling, sad and almost feels like a hallmark or lifetime movie. Again with the movies.

I guess it just seems to real with the beauty and the ugliness that you could see this happening. If you can see that and feel that, then you know you're reading something good.
October 20, 2018
This is a short quick story based off of Kuon & Yugo's dark and twisted love story that continues from the 1st book Love of the Egoist which you need to read 1st because these aren't standalones. This story was so good I didn't realize just how fast I would read through it until I saw The End and I wanted more. Kuon is struggling with understanding his desire for wanting a man and Yugo is only to happy to help him face his desires in wanting him he just has to give in to him. Also you get to read more about Yugo's business as he's found out there's a rat in his ranks and once he find's out let's just say I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. I would highly recommend reading this series it's so flipping good. I can not wait for the next book in the series to find out what's happening next.

This is my opinion and my voluntary review
Profile Image for Isabel.
208 reviews
October 20, 2018
Acceptance of the Egoist by Nero Seal...

And with this novel, we return to the world of the Black Duke and his criminal organization that is on fire with the possibility of a traitor that is challenging Yugo in his power play.
As for Kuon, he continues in captivity and despite gradually accepting his attraction for Yugo, he debates against these same feelings.
Once again, Nero Seal takes us on an emotional journey with these complex characters. Anguish, anger, attraction, love, flow through the pages that are devoured without notice in search of more and dangerously close to the end we realize that Nero Seal will leave us to salivate for the next chapter!!
NOT FAIR☹️
But it's worth it ... I PROMISE! 😉

133 reviews
October 18, 2018
Acceptance of the Eqoist by Nero Seal

Just a little tidbit to carry you over and keep you connected to Yugo and Kuon. Stockholm syndrome is a real thing and is truly being played out in Neros books. Kuon fights hard but is losing the game
, in the end will it still be a game? Will Kuon lose himself or find someone unexpected in his place?

We also see a little more of Yugos business which is interesting. Maybe some welcome intrigue here. Hopefully a little more will evolve in Love of The Eqoist part 2. To read it is to love it !! ….pat….
Profile Image for Candy Varty.
Author 13 books63 followers
October 21, 2018
Detective Kuon, and Yugo have become two of my favorite characters. Their lives are so intertwined, that I don't believe death could even separate them. The story is twisted, dark, and so heated, you better have a fan going for these two. At times my heart ached and cried out to each of them. Some moments were touching and heart felt where others were savage and brutal. But they each gave to the other.

Nero Seal is an amazing writer and I have enjoyed his work and I see great things happening in his future. I look forward to seeing more from him.
59 reviews
October 20, 2018
Acceptance of the Egoist is a novella giving more insight on not only the main characters of Love of the Egoist (Egoist #1), we also learn more about some other characters and Yugo's business.
I found this a very good addition as it gives the whole story more depth.
As always I am stunned by Nero's amazing writing, the way he draws pictures with words, makes the feelings of his characters visible. Oh, need I mention it's HAWT? ;)
I cannot wait for part two of Egoist in early 2019!
Profile Image for Emma Jaye.
Author 40 books635 followers
October 14, 2018
More dark, sexy conflict from this pair. Nero packs a huge amount of angst into this short story. Kuon hates, knows he's being changed, being drawn further down into Stockholm syndrome.
He fights himself, the Black Duke and his own desires, but will it be enough to hold onto the man he was and accept the man he is becoming?

Classic, unforgettable Nero Seal.
Profile Image for Ally Vance.
Author 69 books472 followers
October 14, 2018
Dark and deliciously potent. For a short story it kept me hooked and eager to turn the pages for more.

Intrigue, a battle of wills and a delightfully dark and sexy scene that will make you question yourself for wanting the villain to win this round.

Flowing and elegantly written, Nero is a fairly new to me author that I will be forever stalking for more!
October 19, 2018
Taking us back and giving us another look into Kuon and Yugo. Well getting more of a glimpse into the struggles Yugo faces as the Black Duke, Kuon continues to struggle with submitting to Yugo. This made me fall in love with them all over again. A must read,  but only after reading Love of the Egoist first.
November 3, 2018
Could not get enough of this story! Be sure to read Love of the Egoist, as this is a novella that takes place as part of the main story. Acceptance of the Egoist gives us a glimpse into the deprived mind of Yugo, and shares with us more of the twisted thinkings of Kuon. If you love dark, twisted, with some Stockholm syndrome and highly inappropriate shanaghans, then this book is for you!
Profile Image for Elin.
868 reviews7 followers
February 9, 2019
It was dark, twisted and amazing.
Just the level of details in this and Love of the Egoist. It draws you in, making you easily picture every detail and action.
I couldn't get enough of either books and read them in one go.
It becomes something weirdly beautiful between the two. And leaves you wanting more.
Profile Image for Ashley  Allen.
565 reviews
October 16, 2018
What a amazing addition to love of the egoist. The relationship between Yugo and kuon is so wrong but so right you can't help but want more. This addition really added to the story.
Profile Image for Chellabration.
159 reviews13 followers
January 22, 2020
I felt cheated reading this.
Everything I felt was missing from book 1 materialized here.
The missing link within their bond... This better explained Kuan's reaction at the end of book 1.

Kuan actually submitting although I would have liked there to have been more instances of this in the actual first book...

I will say that there was too much about Yugo's work here. Instances that should have all been in book 1, as I felt there was too little of his work there. (It was almost an after taught, while in this novella it was too prominent). 3.5 stars
Profile Image for Dara Nelson.
Author 15 books33 followers
October 20, 2018
I'll admit it: I don't need an HEA to love a book, I don't need that white picket fence, ride off into the sunset ending for me to be blown away. Those are nice but they don't challenge me, they don't push me to my limits. The first book in this series pushed me to my limits and then some. It pushed me farther than any book I've ever read. And I loved that. With this novella, you get to pull yourself back onto that cliff that you fell off of at the end of Love of the Egoist and reconnect with Kuon and Yugo. Re-feel the edginess, the passion, the confliction.....just everything. I felt like I was back on, well, shaky ground again, but a least it's solid under my feet. Now I'm bracing myself for whatever Nero throws at me next. Whatever it is, I know I'll love it.
Profile Image for Stephanie   GooglyEyes.
1,153 reviews32 followers
February 5, 2019
I'm having mixed feelings. The writing is good, but this book feels completely pointless. Well, compared to how book 1 ended, I excepted so much more. I'm not even sure if this is based after what happened or runs the same timeline as book 1. If this was after, I want to know what happened to Kuon after the gunshot rang out, damnit. It's like it never happened, so I'm really confused.

**Update**
My Kindle took me right to this book after reading book 1, so I never read the blurb and didn't realize it was only a novella.
This is definitely from book 1, chapter 16 and makes all the more sense. Upping it to 3.5* and impatiently waiting for book 2
Profile Image for Blu_As.
6 reviews
October 19, 2018
He did it again! Teasing us with a short story packed with obsession, craving, insecurity, longing and love. Again! I suck at writing reviews so I will make it short. I don't remember ever reading a short story that was so full of emotions and you feel that Nero really put his heart and soul into every line he wrote. It's not soppy or sweet yet has its touchy moments. I like that it's dark and light. So, well done Nero.
Profile Image for StinaA.
666 reviews4 followers
November 1, 2019
Acceptance of the Egoist is a short story to read before #3, Obsession of the Egoist is released. It's just a teaser to show more of Yugo and Kuon's relationship, and we get to see more of Yugo's business.

Kuon is struggling with his feelings towards Yugo and with being with a man.
It's a dark and twisted read, and you will understand why Kuon is struggling. Best of all, it's written in both POV, so we get to understand Yugo.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 72 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.