Start by marking “Sacred Sins (Sins Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sacred Sins (Sins Duet, #2)

Sacred Sins

(Sins Duet #2)

You know what they say about family.
Blood is thicker than water.
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
A house divided cannot stand.

Margie is the keeper of her family’s secrets.
Six sisters and one brother.
Billions in assets.
Generations of malfeasance.
And one heartbreaking secret three people keep.

Margie.
Her father, Declan.
And Drew—the man she loves.

You know w
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 331 pages
Published November 20th 2018 by Flip City Media Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Sins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Sins

CC
4.5 Stars!

Margaret “Margie” Drazen is the fixer, ever logical and unemotional, she holds her family together. However, there once was a time when Margie was known as Cinnamon, a young woman who was reckless and embraced emotion. With such a juxtaposition of warring personalities, Margie is complex and her life is complicated yet she doesn’t waver until the unthinkable happens. Covering key periods from her past and up to the present, Margie’s full story is told and secrets are revealed.

”I wasn’
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 #CinIndyForever Stars
This book is not a standalone. You must read Secret Sins before Sacred Sins. This review though, will be spoiler free.

Margie Drazen is the oldest of seven. She’s passionate, she’s loyal, she’s smart, she’s confident, she’s her family’s fixer and she has a secret. Her inner turmoil and constant guilt are what drives her to be the fixer. She has loved and she has lost. She’s complex and has many layers. I understand her plight and her stoic nature because how could you not.
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Reading, 'Sacred Sins,' was like visiting old friends, dear friends whom I love and couldn't wait to catch up with. I read the first breath-taking part of this story when it was released and longed to know how Margie's story would play out. It's a story of family, lies, love, hope, and one huge deep, dark secret.

A heart wrenching, evocative story weaved with the history of the Drazen family, crafted so the series can be enjoyed solely as a STANDALONE duet providing the perfect example of the pen
Susan
“I wasn’t worthy of you. Now I am.

Reading this second book in the “Sin” duet was like tasting the finest in vintages of wine. I tasted the sweetness of life and the dryness of a life without love that has lost its sweetness. I had the decided pleasure of reading for the first time both books of the duet back to back. The first book was hot, somewhat frenetic, almost like a drug. Just like young Margie was …filled with youthful optimism and all the possibilities life has to offer lovers.

Sacred S
Julie
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am overwhelmed by C.D. Reiss’ highly emotional Sacred Sins. Since the conclusion of the author’s Submission series, fans have been clamoring for more of the Drazen family. She delivers tenfold with her Saint Margie duet. Sacred Sins is the duet’s dramatic, twisty conclusion. Margie’s story is tortured, beautiful and emotional.

Sacred Sins is told primarily in the present; however, it does start in the past and make a couple time leaps to give readers some needed backstory. The majority of
Paramita's Bookshelf
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you wait for a story like your life depends on it, you are bound to be a bit scared and anxious. So was I when it came to Sacred Sins by C.D.Reiss. Margie's story was one of my most anticipated reads of this year. And from the first chapter I knew it will not disappoint me even a single bit. It will be a stunning read. And I stand by the opinion after finishing the book.

Margaret Drazen is one of the most fascinating and admirable character of Drazen universe. She is a complete bad ass,fierc
Jean
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it’s such a struggle to put your feelings into words.
This is one of those times
So, after a half dozen false starts, including a dubious sonnet to the Shakespeare of Smut, I’ve come to the conclusion that, occasionally, feelings are best in their raw, natural state.
Something I’m sure Margie Drazen might actually agree with now.

Sacred Sins is the story that speaks to my heart because of Margie Drazen . I GET HER.
Her complications and contradictions.
Her almost irrational rationality.
Her
Jean
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes it’s such a struggle to put your feelings into words.
This is one of those times
Something I’m sure Margie Drazen might actually agree with now.

Her complications and contradictions.
Her almost irrational rationality.
Her
Torie
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Margie is by far my favorite fictional female.

Reason # 1. "I couldn't stand bullshit and I didn't suffer fools easily."

Reason # 2. "Sleep was a luxury only an occupied mind could afford."

Reason #3. She has done and will do anything to protect the people she loves.

Margie has been through a lot. Sacrificing herself for the needs of her family. She fights hard, she loves hard, and she has made some very hard choices. You learn more about her secrets. Makes you question how far you would go and wha
Elanur
Dec 05, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-read-in-2018
Omg I’m catching feelings over here 😭
Finally ! I’ve been waiting for this since I’ve read the first one

Meggie
4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

There wasn't a pretty young girl in the world who made me feel insecure or threatened. Drew was mine. I was his. Neither time nor distance could change that.

This duet is a whirlwind of emotions and secrets, which is not a bad thing. CD Reiss is an amazing storyteller, her characters flawed but real. It’s a testament to her talent that she can make the members of a billionaire family so unbelievably relatable. But then again, let’s be honest- emotions are universal. Regret, especially
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“You’re killing me.”
“You’re not dead yet.”
“I’m practically a doornail.”

Well I'm effing Dodo CD!! #$%&@

description

This book is a gigantic Heart shredder. Prepare to be annhilated! No other words. this book is a punch in the throat, a chokehold of emotions. It will smash you, scrunch you under the boot, stomp on your heart and then start afresh!! I was emotionally exhausted and drained. There's a limit to what a human heart can endure and CD just kept pushing the limits. A giant exhale at the end is a
Amy
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When last we left Margie Drazen in  Secret Sins , she allowed the love of her life to leave her, believing that she had to do so for her family. It's been almost two years since that book was published, and in that time, I have worried for Margie. I have worried mightily.

CD Reiss puts you squarely back in the Drazen world, bringing all of the family together to help Jonathan. Of course, you cannot have eight siblings together - plus their parents - and not have all manner of emotional trauma an
Lg
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Margie Drazen finally gets her due and it was well worth the wait. Some secrets are sacred enough to keep hidden forever. Margie knows this better than anyone. As the glue that holds the Drazen family together, she is one who has sacrificed all along the way. Margie is steadfast and true but her heart can only take so much.

When love comes around not once, not twice but three times she finally decides to take a long look at her life and recognizes that at last it is her turn to love and be loved.
Lauren Luman
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First, this is some of CD Reiss's best fucking work. At about 90%, I was ugly crying, but as always, she threw us a curve ball plot twist!

Margie Drazen is fierce. She is a lioness. She is the glue of the Drazen family. Until she doesn't want to be anymore.

One thing I loved about this story is that our couple isn't your typical 20 or 30somethings. It's like a 3rd chance for Margie and her rock star Drew McCaffery.

From beginning to end, Reiss took us through an emotional rollercoaster but did ju
Shyralf
3 ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2 Stars! ...more
Bridget
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-authors
Soooo frustrating. I loved Secret Sins and want to dive into this RIGHT NOW!!! But, alas, I have to wait. Just one chapter a month. I have read the first three.
Courtney
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been "patiently" waiting for Scared Sins for quite some time. And when you are left waiting for what feels like a lifetime, you are praying that the wait is worth it. And my damn, it was so worth it and more!!

Margie is the anchor of the Drazen family and it's about damn time she got her spotlight. Sacred Sins is part of a duet (Secret Sins is the first) but it's within the Drazen world (Submission series). You only need to read Secret Sins first in order to follow this duet. However, I wi
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars~ Jess

Sacred Sins is a book two and you must read Secret Sins first. While I think this would also be enjoyable to have read the other Drazen books, they are not necessary. This is the first time I have met this completely messed up and complicated family. I didn't feel lost, but I now have a burning desire to go back and read about the other siblings.

Margret, Margie is the fixer of the family. Just as the title implies, she fixes things for the family to make them "right." She is cold,
Jujubee
Bullets and Blood #letsgetthebandbacktogether

I now see the beauty of the name of Indy and Strats band! But I digress.

Margie has always, ALWAYS, been my hero. And I just did not know how she could ever get free to live her own life on her own terms with her one true love. I followed her down this rabbit hole, no matter how gut-wretchjng, just hoping there would be something real for her on the other side. It was a hella trip. And a most satisfying conclusion indeed.
How this author can continue gi
Melissa Schaub
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an epic conclusion of a story filled with hard truths, lies, secrets, betrayals and true love. This duet brought us every feeling imaginable while delivering it in a way that will leave you hooked for more. I can not express how much I loved this book, despite how heartbreaking it could be at times.

When we got left hanging in the first book, we were faced with a phone call that would change everything, and it did, although we had to wait until this book, to find out the ramifications.

We le
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Scared SINS by CD Reiss is the second book in the Saint Margie Duet. This continues the story of Margaret 'Margie "Cinnamon- Cin"'Drazen, Stratford 'Strat' Gilliam and Indiana Andrew 'Indy 'McCaffrey. You really should read the previous book 'Secret Sins' first before reading this one.
Margie is a strong tough women that keeps her family's secrets and those of her own. This book closes in on how she struggled with those secrets, her feelings and what she is now. Indy and Strat are still working
Avidez Literaria
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I can’t feel anything, Indy. I want to hear you and be relieved that you believe in me. I want to care about what’s happening to my life, but I can’t feel anything but pain about Jonathan.”

And after so long, Margie's story is finished. The book loses some of its initial strength, nothing to disrupt the reading or spoil the narrative, but the gap between the works is perceived, you notice the author becoming familiar with the characters again.
Continuing from where the previous one stopped, Margi
Avidez Literaria

Continuing from where the previous one stopped, Margi
Rebecca
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If readers are familiar with CD Reiss’ sinfully sexy and deceptive worlds, they know that Reiss crafts story lines that push the limits of sanity as well as righteousness and the plot never moves forward in a cohesive manner; there are always twists and turns that force new actions to be taken. And when it comes to the heart, preparation needs to be made in order to understand and handle the fracturing that will occur as Reiss’ characters’ lives come undone and ever so slowly move towards an end ...more
DG Book Blog - Daisy Gal
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Secret Sins (Sins Duet #1) opened up my eyes to a whole other side to Margie Drazen, and after the bombshell of an ending, I was dying to know what the future held for both Margie and her family. Sacred Sins was a captivating conclusion to this duet, revealing even more secrets about the complex and powerful Drazen family, that kept me holding my breath from the beginning to the very end!

In the first book of the duet, I was surprised to find the carefree spirit that was laying beneath Margie's c
Kasey Turner
Marcia
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! What a conclusion!! I had been waiting and waiting for this book, and let me say that CD Reiss did not disappoint in the least bit!! Wow!! The conclusion to Margie Drazen's story was well worth the wait!! If you have not read Secret Sins STOP RIGHT NOW AND GO READ THAT BOOK!! Sacred Sins is not a standalone, it is a conclusion.

CD Reiss is a powerhouse of an author and she delivers yet another brilliantly written emotionally raw and complicated story about a member of the Drazen clan. The
Chriss
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#TeamMargie

If I was ever asked who I want to be when I grow up I would say Margaret Drazen. Why? Well she is strong, brave, defiant, loyal and loves hard. Sacred Sins the conclusion to Margie's story is everything we asked for. So we may have waited a while but who cares. We get the final pieces of the puzzle and it feels like heaven. If you're a fan of CD Reiss than you know she can write from one extreme to the other. Dark and dangerous one minute and swoonworthy, brings a tear to your eye rom
Al Del
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. I let out the biggest exhale after chapter 25 which nearly killed me whilst also sobbing like a baby. Margie is the heart and brains of the Drazen family and she deserved the world. Indy, I freaking love you.
Would have loved some truths to be revealed but oh well. Still incredible that I’m reading Drazen stories after all these years. Hopefully Will and Carrie have a book.
CD Reiss never lets me down!!
Might need to re-read some Jonathan & Monica for old times sake.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
C.D.'s Canaries: * Sacred Sins BR 11/20/18 36 48 Dec 08, 2018 08:35AM
CD Reiss is a New York Times bestselling author. She still has to chop wood and carry water, which was buried in the fine print. Her lawyer is working it out with God but in the meantime, if you call and she doesn't pick up she's at the well hauling buckets.

Born in New York City, she moved to Hollywood, California to get her master's degree in screenwriting from USC. In case you want to know, that

Sins Duet (2 books)
  • Secret Sins (Sins Duet, #1)