Start by marking “Corrupt (Civil Corruption, #1)” as Want to Read:
Corrupt (Civil Corruption, #1)

Corrupt

(Civil Corruption #1)

Garrett Wilder is rich, famous, and totally bad for me. After one night that ended with me wanting to punch him in his face, the self-absorbed rockstar has become a permanent fixture in my life...
Whether I like it or not.

Now I’m forced to see him every day, and that shield I put up to protect my heart is quickly crumbling to the ground. I’ve gone from hating him to craving
Published (first published September 7th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Corrupt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corrupt

★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
I'm putting this on hold just ruminate things for awhile and think about whether I should continue reading because I'm so annoyed as I'm writing this. Reasons below and spoilers of course.

(view spoiler)
aicha julie
Dec 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
she sleeps with a rock star who she feels she has a connection with, the next morning he sends his assistant to kick her out of his bed. Three months later she discovers she's pregnant and when she tells hims he sends his legal team to handle this 'issue' and make a deal with her to stay away from him. Three years later he finally decides to be part of his daughter's life even though he chose fame,partying nd getting laid over her in the first place. The h accepts anyway and move with her daught ...more
Shari Kay
May 27, 2018 marked it as not-for-me  ·  review of another edition
series not for me...(view spoiler)
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... & https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... <--book 2 sounds worse than book 1. So not for me
The Book Bee
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW: 4 STARS
"You think you don't fit in my world, but what you don't get is that you are my world."

I have been recommended Jessica Prince's books for quite some time now, so I finally jumped in and I am so happy I did. In all honesty, this is the kind of book I would recommend in between heavy emotional reads. Just the kind that I could sink into because it was well written while being a quick and easy read. I didn't have to think too hard while reading it because Jessica spelled it out for
Gökçe
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Az evvel baktım ki daha evvel de bu yazardan bir kitap okumuş ve beğenmemişim.

Uzun zamandır rock star'lı kitap okumuyordum. Eğlencelidir diye başladım ama beni pek tatmin etmedi. Ve çokça Kylie Scott'un Stage Dive serisi kokusu aldım. Ama böyle kötü bir kopya kokusu.

Gwen bir arkadaşının ısrarı sonucu bir rock grubunun partisine katılıyor ve orada grubun bateristi Garrett ile tanışıyor. Aralarında özel bir şey olduğunu düşünüyor ama tabii sabah sepetleniveriyor. Garrett bu işi kendisi de yapmıyor
~Dawn~TUG
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devoured in 3 hours. Full review to follow!

Full Review---->Corrupt by Jessica Prince
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
RATING: 3/5 STARS

I was provided an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.

Since I read Jessica Prince's novel, Seducing Lola, I was beyond excited to read her latest novel Corrupt. Corrupt follows the troupe of rock star romance featuring an unexpected pregnancy between two people who have a hate-love relationship.

I'll begin this review with what I liked about the book. Between Gwen and Garret, there was amazing heat between them. Come on! Who wouldn't swoon for a tall and muscu
Kahea
***4 ‘Hello Crazy Train’ Stars***

I'm kinda tired now and my eyes hurt from all the times they either bugged out of their sockets or were rolling because Garrett & Gwen took me on one hell of an angsty roller coaster ride. Because lemme tell you, the sweet and smexy totally went toe to toe with the angsty emotional drama in this baby. I'm not mad at ‘em because I devoured every word of their journey and was totally invested in them. But they definitely went big.

Here's the thing with Garrett
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
It's LIVE!!! http://a.co/29X0CMc

description

4.5 Stars!!!

After reading Corrupt for the second time, I think I'm ready to write my review. So here it goes.

I'm always game for a good rock star story and was a little enamored with this one. Reading an author you've never read before and abso-fucking-lutely falling in love with her book, is always exciting.

I wasn't sure I was going to like Garrett at first because lemme tell you, he was an egotistical dick but then... BAM! He went from Douchy Von Dickhead to bo
Night Owl Reads
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy shit! This freaking book! Why is it every freaking book I have read by Jessica Prince this year just keeps climbing my favorites list. I have read two new books in a series, first book in a series and I can't choose which I think was better.

Garrett, he pissed me off in the beginning because he was a bit of an asshole. A sexy, mega big rock star, in the public eye all the time. But when he and the band decide to stop touring for a while, he makes a very important decision in his life that br
Jessica Prince
Aug 22, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Tia Louise
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Toe-curling sexy--my new favorite Jessica Prince novel!

Garrett is one terrific, sexy alpha drummer, and initially Gwen is a sad, demure transplant to Seattle. Boy, that changes fast! (The Gwen part, NOT the Garrett part.)

I didn't expect the forces that drove them apart in the beginning, so I won't spoil it. Let's just say, I wasn't sure how they'd overcome THAT...

It's great fun when they do start getting back together, though. Garrett and Gwen are explosively sexy. Prepare for panty changes!

So i
Fiona Fog
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gwen is still reeling from losing both her parents. Losing the home she loved was the final blow. When her best friend Corrine convinces her to move back to Seattle and stay with her Gwen packs up whats left of her life and makes the jump.

What happens when your best friend drags you to a rock star party? One hell of a night. A night that rocks your world. But waking up in the morning pretty much wipes the rock the world part.

When Gwen wakes up in the morning to an empty bed it all starts to co
BookSmacked
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 hours 30 minutes that is how long it took me to completely devour this book.

Once I started I couldn't stop reading it. I got sucked right into this story instantly and fell completely in love.

It stars off with a hot as fuck encounter between the two main characters and from there all hell breaks loose. I will say that at first I wanted to punch, maim, dismember the hero in this book Garrett.
He behaviour just completely worked me up and I was ready to stage an
Emma
I've got to be honest I failed to connect with the characters on this occasion, not for lack of trying.

Garrett, the drummer for rock band Civil Corruption, and Gwen meet at a party, although Gwen has no clue who Garrett is. Gwen was in a really vulnerable place emotionally dealing with the loss of both of her parents and her childhood home. Driven by hormones and Garrett's charm they hook-up, however, the rock douche shows his true colours the morning after. Leaving Gwen even more distressed tha
Liz
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars! I completely devoured this book! And then immediately devroued it again!

The bad boy rocker you want to hate (and love) and the girl he corrupts! I loved Garrent (and hated him a bit at times), but mostly loved him and Gwen. And Liddy was such a sweetheart!

Loved this book and cannot wait to read the next book in the series!

Happy reading!
April Symes
I found the new series by Jessica Prince to be very good and super engrossing. The characters leaped off the pages and take root, where you want to see them find their happiness ASAP.
In the case for book 1= Corrupt, this is filled with amazing characters, nasty villain(s), serious plot and a phenomenal plot. Oh and of course the regular angst and sizzling sexy passion to go with the storyline.
Garrett and Gwen meet at a party and have a one night stand. What followed was a massive screwup that fo
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy
Sweet lord. Words cannot express how much I FLOVED Corrupt.

Seriously. It ticked off all the boxes for me. Amazing characters. Check. Compelling, engrossing story line. Check. Bit of a villain who gets their comeuppance. Check. Hot and sexy times. Check. Little angst, lots of love. Check.

I have to admit, I really had no idea how the relationship with Garrett and Gwen was going to work. There was so much shared history, almost too much to work through. But man, when they tried, it was awesome to
Dilek VT
Oct 25, 2018 marked it as never-no-way
Unprotected first sex leads to unplanned pregnancy... (I wonder if these people never get sex education anywhere??!!)

He f*cks his way around the groupies while she takes care of the child alone until he decides to "play daddy"...

I just.. I just don't have any words!

See this review for more details:

Another great review in Turkish:
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
History with all of the old and familiar elements that draw reader attention from beginning to end. I like the author and was eager to read this book.
Hero is a rock star living a lifestyle characteristic of rockers filled with parties, drinks and many women and ONS.
Hero and heroine has an ONS and the heroine thinks she's special but she's kicked to the curb as if she were trash from yesterday the next morning.
She finds herself pregnant and the hero treats her very badly leaving everything in the
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
"I found Jessica Prince when she released Chance Encounters, so it hasn't been that long, but since then, I've read about 4 or 5 other books by her. So When I saw Corrupt, I snatched up this ARC as fast as I could. I didn't even read to see what it was about before signing up.
I was so glad that I did, because this book has become my favorite Jessica Prince book so far!

I absolutely loved these characters. I did get a bit annoyed with Gwen at some parts. The self destructive nature got a bit old
Kristin Vayden
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Immediately this book sucked me in. I loved the way Jessica Prince set up the platform for the story right from the get go. This isn't your cookie cutter romance, it's full of hard feelings, real truths, banter, passion and sexy scenes that leave you blushing. I love the chemistry between Gwen and Garret, it flew off the page and smoldered on my kindle. This is a love story with a rock and roll edge that will make you fall for the wrong, or right? Guy;) and as soon as you finish, you'll immediat ...more
Maddy's Reading
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Prince is the bomb!! She delivers every single time and her heroes are the best!
Garrett and Gwen meet at a party and have a one night stand. What follows is a shit storm of epic standards.
I loved Gwen's sass and grit. She took a shitty situation and owned it and I loved her for that.
I did not think much for Garrett initially. I mean yeah, he's a rock star and rich and sexy and cocky. But as the story progressed, I kept falling in love with him. I was like, Gwen give Gina chance already
Jacqueline
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aww yeah

“It’s always going to hurt. Losing someone you love never stops hurting. But we learn to cope with the pain until one day it doesn’t consume us anymore. That’s when you’re able to look back and smile at all the good memories. You have that to look forward to. Once enough time has passed, you’ll be able to smile again.”

Oh my was this good. I think I’m burning up. I loved both Gwen and Garrett, I don’t think I even got enough of them. After reading the description of the book, I was surpr
Brandy Roberts
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adore Jessica Prince I devoured Corrupt in one sitting didn't want to put my kindle down her books always bring on the feels and have my emotions all over over the place . I didn't know how this was going to go in the beginning with what was happening Garrett and Gwens relationship is chaotic but as the story progresses they really grow a lot even though the heroine tries to fight it so she wont get hurt again , was so happy when they really got together . Gwen has been dealt with so ...more
Wit & Wonder Books
***ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review***

Get ready to devour Jessica Prince’s second chance rocker romance, Corrupt! Explosive chemistry with enough angsty- drama will have you reading this book in a matter of hours.

When you become all too consumed in a book; where you want to strangle characters or throw your kindle… you know you have an epic story in your hands. Jessica has published a heart pumping crazy train romance that you won’t want to put down.

A one night stan
Diane plourde
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where's the 6 star button when I need it.

I started this book right before going to bed this morning after a night shift. I couldn't seem to tear myself away to get some sleep. So it's basically Jessica's fault that I suffer from lack of sleep and a major book hangover. I've read enough books in my life to know after a chapter or two if it's going to be a memorable story. This is the case where I'm actually looking for the 6 star button.

This is the first story in what seems to be a series of s
Dana  Hoffman
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so in love with Jessica Prince's books!! I found her by chance and now I can't get enough of her stories, have to read them as soon as they are out.

When I first started reading Corrupt, as I was reading the first couple of chapters, I thought the premise of the story would be pretty predictable and that I'd know for sure how it was going to go. I was right and I wasn't. I mean, Gwen and Garrett did get their happy ending, but they didn't get there the way I thought they would.

They meet by
Garden Of REden
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't how Jessica Prince manages to write perfect books every time but she does!  EVERY FREAKING TIME!  As soon as I'm done with one book I think she can't top that and then she does and my mind is blown again!  Her books are magical, they suck me in and never let me go.  I crave her words and I thank God that whatever muse she has, has been working overtime because she's given us so many great books in such a short amount of time.

This book had everything that I want from an outstanding book!
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Jessica Prince is special and I realized that by the end of my very first book by her. Her books are always packed with so much heat and emotion with sexy undertones and amazing alphas and heroines.... What I didn't expect from her was this book, so different from her others yet so so addicting and amazing! And dare I say a contender for my favorite by her to date...

Corrupt was a sexier, edgier, angstier, more intense second chance journey that had me on the edge of my seat cover to cove
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe

Civil Corruption (4 books)
  • Defile (Civil Corruption, #2)
  • Consume (Civil Corruption, #3)
  • Ravage (Civil Corruption, #4)