Start by marking “The Friend Zone” as Want to Read:
The Friend Zone

The Friend Zone

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  4,611 ratings  ·  1,223 reviews
Kristen Petersen doesn't do drama, will fight to the death for her friends, and has no room in her life for guys who just don't get her. She's also keeping a big secret: facing a medically necessary procedure that will make it impossible for her to have children.

Planning her best friend's wedding is bittersweet for Kristen—especially when she meets the best man, Josh Copel
Published June 11th 2019 by Forever Romance

To ask other readers questions about The Friend Zone, please sign up.
Abby Jimenez Hi Haley, it's about medium steam. Maybe a level 4 out of 10. The sex scenes aren't closed door, but the bits aren't described and it's definitely not…moreHi Haley, it's about medium steam. Maybe a level 4 out of 10. The sex scenes aren't closed door, but the bits aren't described and it's definitely not an erotic novel. Slightly less steamy than a Christina Lauren novel. Enjoy!(less)

·  4,611 ratings  ·  1,223 reviews

Emer (A Little Haze)
Just what the world needs. Another problematic book masquerading as a cute read... *sigh* Admittedly in the early parts of this read I was really enjoying this book for what it was; a contemporary romance with a bittersweet core. So I laughed, I cried. I had a lot of feels. Yes I ignored the blatant stereotyping and negative portrayal of *the other woman* that the leading man dated who wasn't our sassy heroine because...
Well I liked the hunky leading man.
And I liked the sassy heroine! (Even th
Larry H
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
You might be tempted to write Abby Jimenez's new book The Friend Zone off as fluffy "chick-lit," assuming it's not much different than the countless other books like it out there.

You'd be wrong. Sure, there is romance, humor, talk of soulmates and futures, but there is also an extra layer of emotional complexity in this book. It made me want to devour the book even quicker than I did, and now that I'm done, I can't believe I have to wait until 2020 for Jimenez's next book!!

Josh and Kristen's m
Whitney Atkinson
I've been crying for the last hour, everything hurts, and I'm SO glad I chose to pick up this book. It's in my top three favorites of the year.

I don't even know where to start but this is the exact brand of romance that I'm obsessed with. The two main characters are snarky and sarcastic and headstrong, but it never comes off as cheesy or unrealistic. Their romance is fraught with tension and angst, but I was invested in their story. Their relationship was SOFT!!!! SO SOFT!!!!!!

This book follows
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Originally rated this 3 stars, but lowered it to a 2 upon further reflection. I enjoyed the chemistry between the main characters, but I really and truly hated the way this book ended. I can't really talk about why without going into spoilers, so: (view spoiler) ...more
Meredith
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: overdrive
Too Damn Sad!

Kristen meets her soulmate, Josh, but she has a secret that makes her a less than perfect match for him, so she does her best to keep him in “the friend zone.” Things don’t go as planned and she finds herself falling for the man she needs to keep at bay. She can either keep him as a friend or reveal her secret and risk losing him forever.

As a result of Kristen’s secret, there is a lot of back and forth/will they won’t they, which was fun for a while, but at a certain point, I cou
preoccupiedbybooks
(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
I was really expecting to LOVE this book. It had everything you'd want in a contemporary romance - romance, humor and emotion - so much emotion! This isn't your typical light-hearted romance. It deals with the issue of infertility and all the feelings of sadness and inadequacy that plague so many women who are not able to conceive naturally. I was all in - from the first page right up until that ending! Wham, you broke me with that ending Abby Jimenez and not in a good way. I just can't see th ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

This is one of the best books I have read so far!I devour it, it was fast paced and mostly I have a smile in my face!I fall in love with the characters and their relationship through the story.It has everything I wanted and even more!It was fun,sweet,emotional,intense and romantic.

description

I find it addictive and in the end I wanted more.It has great dialogues and the relationship between Kristen and Josh was unique.I fall hard for both of them.Kristen is the best, I loved her, she was sassy and I
Jilly
ETA: I really bounced around the idea of how to rate this book because the ending really messed up a good thing, but I decided to forgive it and rate it high. However, after discussion with my friend, Emer, I realized that I shouldn't have been so forgiving because the messed-up part of things is really personal to many people. So, I've decided to change my rating out of respect for those women. You can read Emer's review here .

Original review:

First, I'm going to give you the warnings that I w
Meredith B.  (readingwithmere)
5 Stars!

It was about her allowing herself to be loved, despite what she felt were shortcomings. It was about her recognizing that she wasn't defined by her ability to have children, and that her worth went beyond the state of her uterus. That was her happily ever after.

The hype is REAL for this book. How do I like my romantic comedies? I like them to be laugh out loud funny, heart-warming and ultimately realistic. This book is that and then some.

Kristen is planning her best friends wedding and
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
I’ll orbit around you and be your universe, because you’ve always been my sun.”

Have you ever started a book and knew, you just knew, from the first few pages that it's THE book. One of those books that you'll never want to end. A book that you'll be thinking about all year. A book that you'll want to be shouting about from the rooftops. Well, my friends, this was THAT book for me. This was everything. It was romcom perfection unlike any I've read. And it is an absolute must read. It's
Jayme
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom_com
You’ve read the synopsis.

The book alternates between the two very distinct voices of Josh and Kristen.

For 212 pages, I wanted to grab Kristen, shake her and yell: TELL HIM!!

After, that, I spent much of the rest of the book crying. 😭

Big, fat ugly tears.

This is a sweet and sassy, sexy and steamy Rom-Com that delves a bit deeper than most, taking on the theme of infertility .

I highly recommend this if you read these types of books...And, maybe even if you don’t-since they are not usually my thing
Gabby
Closer to a 2.5 but rounding down for this one

UGH I am so upset about this book. The first half of this book started off so cute and it was probably looking to be a 4/5 stars for me, until the last 20% of this book ruined it. The last 20% was really unrealistic and convenient and obnoxious and offensive to anyone who has actually experienced infertility and I'm upset about it.

Let's start with the positives: I love the romance between Kristen and Josh. They have great chemistry, it's very banter-
Hollis
Phew.

I had been prepared (warned?) by mutuals that this story was a funny bit of fun but that it would be as equally heartbreaking as it was joyful. And I'm here to confirm that for you.

"I am not drunk. I'm just talking in cursive."

THE FRIEND ZONE starts off fairly lighthearted. A snarky first-meeting between our protagonists sets the tone for their association; Kristen is in a long-distance relationship with a deployed boyfriend and Josh is recently single, and recently relocated, and, despite
mahana
Hey, everyone! This is a weird type of commentary on this book, but I've actually written a very personal and emotional blog post about my experience with PCOS and why reading about Kristen's uterine fibroids resonated so deeply with me. Please check it out if the topic isn't too triggering for you. It's a very, very emotional and important topic for me that'll always stay close to my heart. I don't think I'll ever be prepared to write a full review for this without also telling you the full s ...more
Ari
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Every year, the romance community has that one book they spend months hyping up and everywhere you look, somebody is talking about it. You go on Twitter, and there it is. You go on Instagram, and there it is. You log on to Goodreads, and there’s that promo banner at the top of the site. You open your email, and right there in your inbox there’s a message all about the new, exciting upcoming release that
book bruin
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***** NOW AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE! *****
Go meet and fall in love with Josh and Kristen today!

Purchase now: The Friend Zone

***UPDATED RELEASE DATE - June 11th, 2019!***
I'm so excited that readers get to fall in love with Josh and Kristen even sooner!!
description

5 stars isn’t enough for this laugh out loud, beautifully honest, and sometimes heartbreaking novel. This book consumed me in the best way possible right from the start and I’m confident it will be one of my favorite reads ever. The Friend Zone was on
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-books
A sweet banter between two friends/ co-workers who have to deal with this tension between them, and also learn how to cope with having life obstacles...

So you see that gif above? Yup! That gif explains this novel perfectly without using any words. But because I am me, I have to use words to better help you, the reader, understand what I mean. As you can see, the gentleman who is walking through the FRIEND ZONE door, is demonstrating an expression of hesitation. That was me when I first read th
Bonnie Wells
I'M EMO.

This book was so, so, so good. Kristen is definitely one of my new favorite romance protagonists. She's the kind of woman I want to be, even though she's way more tough and brave than I am. I loved that she was so headstrong and witty, that her and Josh always played off of one another. At times the lack of communication frustrated me, but at the same time it was understandable. It wasn't like other books where you're yelling at them to have a conversation because there is no reason not
Kendall
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW this debut BLEW my expectations out of this world you guys! I kept hearing raving reviews about this book and was thinking "well see about that... most likely I'll be on my outlier island again."

Oh my goodness was I completely wrong... I LOVED everything about this book. This is not your typical light and fluffy romance read. It's so much more then that.. it has depth and emotions that will rock you to your core.

I'm wondering what else does Abby Jimenez have up her sleeve? Abby truly write
laurel [suspected bibliophile]
A bad summary based on the book’s blurb: When Kristen and Josh accidentally get into a fender bender, they have no idea that they are already connected through their best friends. As the maid of honor and the best man, they’re going to have a lot of events to do…and there is no denying their chemistry. But when Josh tells her that he dreams of having a large family, it hits Kristen right in her womb…because she is infertile. Determined not to lead Josh on, she tries her best to keep him at a dis ...more
Leigh
Jun 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC. I'm going to brief with my review in order not to be so negative. This book hit me wrong on all levels. The author was trying to be progressive and feminist but the execution was in fact very insulting to women and romance.

There's a love triangle, cheating, and a heroine stringing along two guys and an unnecessary death used a plot a device to further a character's growth. I don't like the 'special snowflake/unicorn' trope where the heroine is like no other gal.

“She was like
Jessica
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I first read the synopsis of this book, I knew that I had to read this book. I couldn't wait to read a sweet rom-com that tackled some serious issues.

Kristen Peterson has accepted her future, which means making sacrifices when it comes to her life. Planning her best friend's wedding, Kristen doesn't like how she feels around the groom's best man, Josh. Josh is cute and fun. Josh likes Kristen. But Josh wants a big family. And Kristen can't give him that. So Kristen pushes Josh away until J
Isabella.R
4 You’re My Person Stars ⭐

The Friend Zone is a kickass debut book filled with witty dialogue, genuinely likable characters and a generic story-line done extremely well.

When Kristen and Josh meet over a misdemeanor, they are yet to realize that their lives are already entwined over mutual friends and wedding duties.

With Kristen already in a long-distance relationship and Josh recovering from the aftermath of a breakup, these two strike up a friendship. Technically perfect for each other, neithe
Corina
This book has been a highly anticipated release for many. From the blurb to the cover – a winner on both accounts. Furthermore if you are a fan of friends-to-lovers trope this book is a must read.

For a debut novel, The Friend Zone was very well written, funny at times, and with a sassy heroine – it had lots to offer. It’s one of those friends-to-lovers books that feature the perfect couple only for them to take the entire book to realize it.

I loved Kristen. She was a gal that really didn’t care
Malene
The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez is a great romantic comedy. Her writing struck a chord with me immediately and so did Kristen and Josh’s first meeting. The hero Josh is what I would call a wonderful and close to a perfect man. Talk about me swooning. He is that dreamy. I liked Kristen and her feisty personality but what became an issue with me was her withholding a vital part of information from Josh and using it as an excuse not to be together. The story went in circles whenever Josh got too cl ...more
Amy
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MUST READ BOOK ALERT! You guys, I’m so excited about this one, it’s way up at the top of my favorite books of the year list and I want everybody to read it! Don’t be fooled by the cutesy cover and assume that it’s just another silly and fun rom com because it is SO much more than that. Yes, it has all the charm and laughs of a traditional rom com but it also has depth and tackles some serious subject matter as well. This isn’t just a fluffy book y’all and it’s way different than everything else ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I am so glad that I decided to read this book because I ended up loving it! I ended up reading the entire book in a single day and found that it was the perfect kind of story to curl up with for a few hours. I started reading hoping to lose myself in a romance for a few hours and I did but I feel like I also got a whole lot more than that. I really enjoyed every moment that I spend with this amazing story.

The characters in this story
shre ♡
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
i cried so much i think i’m drowning in my own tears.

all i can say is...women are so so so strong and the shit we put up with in our lives just shows our resilience and courage. the world also needs more joshua copeland’s aka angels.
Milena
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Friend Zone has a lot of hype and high ratings already so I was very excited to read it. And although I did enjoy it, I didn't love it as much as everyone else seems to. I liked many aspects of the book: the combination of humor with more serious themes of chronic illness and infertility, interesting characters with good chemistry, and the author's writing style. But I had some beef with this book too.

One of the things I hate to see in books is when an author will elevate the heroine of the

• Say You Still Love Me
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • One Night at the Lake
  • The Last Hope (The Raging Ones, #2)
  • The Glass Hotel
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • The Last Post
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Malpractice
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • Steamroller (Hard to Love #4)
  • Seven Nights of Sin (Penthouse Affair, #2)
  • Method
  • Gone For You (All For You, #1)
  • My Brother's Roommate
  • The Boy and Girl Who Broke the World
  • The Stillwater Girls
Abby Jimenez is a Food Network champion and USA Today best selling author with her hit debut novel The Friend Zone. She founded Nadia Cakes out of her home kitchen back in 2007. The bakery has since gone on to win numerous Food Network competitions and has amassed an international cult following. Abby's wry literary wit was spotlighted as the admin behind the hilarious viral comments on the now fa ...more
“I am not drunk. I’m just talking in cursive” 5 likes
“I’m a woman. I can go into a bar penniless wearing sweats and a questionable rash and come out with leftovers and a buzz.” 2 likes