Start by marking “Corruption! (Suzanne Jones, #3)” as Want to Read:
Corruption! (Suzanne Jones, #3)

Corruption!

(Suzanne Jones #3)

Out of fear. Out of greed. Out of evil.

Corruption springs from many roots.

Teenagers fall prey to a deadly new drug craze sweeping across Russia. Pharmaceuticals destined for Africa turn up on the backstreets of Moscow, St Petersburg and Vladivostok.

Regulator Suzanne Jones and her sister, Charlie, fight to stop the pushers before more kids die. But will their discoveries
Published September 19th 2018 by Chudleigh Phoenix Publications

To ask other readers questions about Corruption!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corruption!

Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Where to start? This is actually the third and final book in the Suzanne Jones series. I have not read the others and do not feel that I was lacking information by not reading the preceding instalments. If you are planning to read this instalment then I would definitely read the previous books first. Based on Corruption I think you would be in for a real treat.

This story is told from multiple points of view, which was necessary to the story and worked really well. There is a little timeline jump
Els
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never been there but I love thrillers taking place in Russia. I love the language and I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because I’m a big James Bond fan and the villain is often from that part of the world? I don’t really like science but I love a thriller with a background in the pharmaceutical world. So, I will not surprise you that when I saw the blurb of this book, I was won over straight away.

Before I say something about the story, I havd to add that I adore the cover.

This is the third bo
Richard Dee
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third of the Jones sisters’ books by Elizabeth Ducie and I have to admit it’s the first I’ve read. Joining a series half-way through can sometimes be a problem. Fortunately, any backstory that you need is neatly explained, meaning that I didn’t have to work out the relationships and pasts of the main characters.
The author has a background in pharma and it’s been put to good use. The setting and all the little details are convincing and ring true. I don’t know her background in crimin
Jéssica
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
This is the first book I'm reading of Elizabeth Ducie and it's the third and final book in the Suzanne Jones Series. I didn't if I would feel like I was missing something by not reading the first books in the series, but all the details and the connections between the characters, specially does that I assume were shown case in the two other novels, made me comfortable with reading this book without going through the previous ones.

Elizabeth did this wonderful job with the storytelling. Not every
Anne
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I was surprised how very much I enjoyed the second book in this series, I have to say that I think I might have enjoyed Corruption! even more. It might have helped that I had clear expectations, and that I’d already met (and really liked) Charlie and Suzanne – but I’m quite certain that this gripping read could very comfortably be read as a standalone.

It probably goes without saying that for a pharmaceutical thriller to work convincingly, it needs a feeling of authenticity – and Elizabeth Duc
Laura Doherty
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review at http://lauramorningstar.com/review-co...

Corruption! is the third book in the Suzanne Jones series…and apparently the last. I haven’t read the previous two books and don’t feel my experience of reading Corruption! was diminished because of this. However on the merit of how much I enjoyed Corruption! If you are planning on reading the book I think you would probably enjoy the first two as well.

The Prologue in Corruption! sets the tone for the whole book and fundamentally outlines th
Georgia Rose
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Corruption is the third book in the Suzanne Jones series. The Prologue gets right to the heart of the issue that's going to be dealt with in this story, and it's a tough one. I then loved the opening to Part 1 all about the change in Francine Matheson's life, and how that led onto becoming involved with the pharmaceutical industry in Russia.

Life has similarly moved on for the Jones sisters. Suzanne has married a vet and has gone on an extended honeymoon in South America. Charlie is expecting a b
Cathie Hartigan
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great thriller from Elizabeth Ducie, I would highly recommend. It was great to be back with Suzanne and Charlie Jones (and if you haven’t read the first two, Counterfeit! and Deception!, it doesn’t matter, but they’re really good too), and this time in they’re investigating the trail of a new and deadly drug that’s apparently being manufactured in Russia.
With Suzanne away, it falls to Charlie to make the first trip to St Petersburg, much to the dismay of her pregnant partner. Once there,
Sean Talbot
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to come on Oct 4th
Bena Roberts
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Corruption! (Suzanne Jones, #3)
by Elizabeth Ducie

#Krokodil #Russia #Fire #UK and more!

The Good
I loved the intro to this book and finding Anton. I loved the family from the start expected a different story than the one that I read. This book took a much darker twist than I imagined but it was not a problem!

The Bad
Corruption was a bit longer than I like and I felt the start was too detailed and long and different -because the action in the book is exciting and should have started sooner. Suzanne
Jessica Bronder
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Krokodil is the new drug that is cheaper than heroin and known to kill in one to years of use. It’s not a pretty drug in Russia but after discovering two dead bodies it looks like rumors of mass production of krokodil is more than just rumors. With her sister on an extended honeymoon, Francine Matheson is asked to look into the rumors. Francine askes her sister Charlie for advice and even though her partner is expecting a baby Charlie heads out to help Francine’s investigation.

I have not read th
Karen
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A story of suspense and intrigue. The Jones sisters are brought in to help their friend Francine figure out if her new friend is really involved with the pharmaceutical corruption that she has stumbled across. After Francine’s husband dies in a tragic car accident, and she has lost her seat in the British Parliament, she decides she needs to get away from the sympathetic looks and phone calls. She decides to go on a vacation to the Caribbean and meets Anton, a self-made business man from St. Pet ...more
Jessica Belmont
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Corruption! is the third book in the Suzanne Jones series. I read this without reading the first two, and feel this can definitely be read as a standalone, however, I do plan to read the first two books.

Sometimes I don’t like stories that are told in multiple points of views, but Elizabeth Ducie wrote this so well, that the POVs actually helped drive the plot forward and keep my interest. The characters are very diverse, distinguishable and relatable.

I loved the constant thrill and tension that
Judith Cranswick
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Ducie’s writing just gets better and better. I enjoyed the previous two Jones sisters’ novels - Counterfeit and Deception and Corruption was even more compulsive reading. The plot is tightly-drawn with many twists and turns.
It has a large number of characters but there is no confusion. Each one is so well-drawn with a distinct personality that they are easily memorable.
Ducie’s knowledge of Russia and the pharmaceutical industry shines through adding another level of depth to the whole
McPhaul M.
Mar 31, 2019
Meagan
marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2018
I was born and brought up in Birmingham. As a teenager, I won a holiday to France, Spain and Portugal for writing essays and poetry in a newspaper competition. Despite this promising start in the literary world, I took scientific qualifications and spent more than thirty years as a manufacturing consultant, technical writer and small business owner, publishing a number of pharmaceutical text books ...more

Suzanne Jones (3 books)
  • Counterfeit! (Suzanne Jones, #1)
  • Deception! (Suzanne Jones, #2)