Start by marking “A Christmas Courting” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Courting

A Christmas Courting

This holiday season fall in love, with heartwarming tales of Christmases past in A Christmas Courting, an enchanting collection of Regency romances.
Love and Joy Come to You by Jennifer Moore
Lord Covington has planned a quiet holiday with his grieving mother but finds his plans rudely disrupted when lovely Cassie Weatherby and her young siblings are invited for Christmas. D
Published October 1st 2018 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Courting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Courting

Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Ooh, if you are looking for Christmas romance, you don't want to miss this collection! All four of these novellas are utterly charming. I loved how in each one of them, the romance came as a surprise and changed the feeling of melancholy to a feeling of joy and happiness. It was so satisfying! What a great bunch of authors!

The Christmas/holiday/winter spirit is strong in these stories. There is ice skating, caroling, sledding, yule logs, mistletoe, dancing, Christmas decorating and even plum pu
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This is a lovely collection of holiday Regency novellas! It definitely put me in the holiday spirit, and it was fascinating to learn some of the traditions of the era for celebrating Christmas. There's something special and even magical about the Christmas season and I think it enhances the connections and emotions of the characters. The romance in each story is sweet and even though the couples had various obstacles to overcome (some with excessive angst), the happy endings left me with a smile ...more
Katie W
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I wish for more with collections because I get swept away by a story and it's just not long enough. However, each story in this set is perfect because each book delivers a sweet, tender morsel of romance and goodness, but they're not overwhelming long, which is great since the holidays are a busy time of the year. They're perfect for the season and will get you in the mood for Christmas. And an added bonus--they're all equally good! I can't choose a favorite because they're all on par ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Christmas can be a magical time of the year. Homes are decorated, families gather, gifts are given. The novella characters in this book for one reason or another are not anticipating a "Happy Christmas."

The novella's are short and sweet. It seems rushed to have a courtship happen over a short time span, but in most of the stories, the characters knew each other before the opening of the book. It is a continuation of a relationship. The romance didn't feel rushed to me, but part of a natural prog
Kelly
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like stories around Christmas. I like getting excited for the season. I like reading short stories only around Christmas! And these four stories certainly got me excited for the season. Especially for snow (of which is a rarity since we moved to South Carolina).

I'm not so sure I like how Christopher started his courting to the love sick Keturah! Just sayin.... Good thing she is a kind and forgiving person. Now what he did, you will have to read for yourself.

And prepare to shed a few tears in
Mara
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I loved last year's book Christmas Grace and really looked forward to another collection of Christmas stories.

LOVE AND JOY COME TO YOU by Jennifer Moore--Lord Covington is looking forward to a quiet holiday with his mother when he finds out that she's invited a family of four orphaned children and their Aunt to spend Christmas at Firwood Hall. At first he's not at all happy with the idea but then he asks Cassie (the oldest) to work with him so they can plan Christmas for both their families.

Su
Deanne Patterson
A book of four lovely novellas taking place around Christmas time. Wonderful stories that fit the Christmas season. Nice short stories perfect for when you don't have time to read a long book. These are sweet holiday Regencies.
Pub Date 01 Oct 2018
I was given a complimentary copy of this book from Covenant Communications through NetGalley. Thank you. All opinions expressed are my own.
Julie Carpenter
I meant to write my review right after listening to this book. A goodreads friend told me that she thought I would really enjoy this one. When I saw it was available as an audiobook through a site I have a subscription for, I knew I couldn't wait. I instantly downloaded it and was hooked. My daughters and I listened and giggled, sighed, cheered and were sad when each story came to an end.

I absolutely adored all the stories and would readily give them all 5 stars individually!

I know Christmas is
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
4.5 Stars

A CHRISTMAS COURTING is a collection of charming stories full of family, romance, and holiday traditions all set in historical England around Christmastime. The characters were all quite likable and the romances sweet. For sweet romance novella collection fans, this is definitely one to add to your collection!

LOVE AND JOY COME TO YOU by Jennifer Moore: This was probably my favorite story from the collection. I loved how the characters surprised and challenged each other. I also loved th
Cathy
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love collections like these! Each of the stories is quick and easy to read. And each of these happen to have a Christmas theme. This whole book put me in the mood for the Christmas season!

Love and Joy Come to You by Jennifer Moore is the first story in this book. I loved this one! Lord Covington is a great character, but Cassie’s siblings really kind of stole the story in this one. I loved how they were always there, and always just a bit quirky. And even better, Lord Covington, Graham, learns
Caitlyn Lynch
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: regency-georgian
This is a collection of four sweet romance Regency Christmas novellas by collected authors. As is usual when I review collections, I’ll give brief impressions and star rating for each of the books before giving an average overall rating for the collection as a whole.

Love And Joy Come To You by Jennifer Moore
Christmas can be a difficult time of year for those who’ve lost loved ones. So when Lord Covington arrives home anticipating a quiet holiday with his mother, he’s not best pleased to discover
Rebekah Arntz
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is rare that I read an anthology where there are not one or two of the collection that aren’t quite on par with the rest. I was pleasantly surprised at this group of stories. They made me laugh, cry, and be giddy with the excitement of love. Add Christmas into the mix and I’m a goner. Really really loved this book and I’ve already recommended it to friends. It is well worth the read.
Shauna
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so fun! Four great stories to bring the holidays a little romance. I highly recommend this one!
Marsha
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The first story in this booked deserved 4 stars but the others... not so much. They were way too sappy and lacked a depth. I first thought that maybe the lack of depth was because the stories were so short but I just think they were totally cheesy and I did not like some of the characters. The conflict in all centered around miscommunication and nothing else. I don’t like that kind of conflict as it can so easily be resolved. A little miscommunication along with other conflict can be fine but al ...more
Leah
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't have the best of luck with novella collections. They always start with a phenomenal 5 star story, then it gets worse and worse until you're clawing through to the end. Like Saturday Night Live skits, if you know what I mean. I am pleased as punch to say this was not the case. This was an all-around solid collection of heart-warming Christmas regency romances.

Love and Joy Come to You ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I really, really liked this one. A typical regency romance where they meet, he likes the way she walk
Bonnie
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this collection of Christmas stories. I have read things from all but one of the authors and found that these stories we equal to their other books. Each couple was fun to follow through their journey. I didn't feel like I missed out on anything, although it's always nice to have more with characters you enjoy being with. I loved how some of the others referenced characters from other novels. It felt like an addition to that particular novel. It was a delightful addition to Chri ...more
Connie Fischer
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
“Love and Joy Come to You” - Jennifer Moore

Graham Montagu, Lord Covington, is resting in his home, Finwood Hall, as he recalls the months he spent at the home of his cousins, the Buxtons, and sifting through their debts. Now, he is looking forward to spending Christmas with his mother and hoping she will find peace from missing her family members. His mother finds Christmas difficult since the loss of her husband and daughter. When he takes notice of someone else in the room, he meets Andromedia
Krista
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Because this is a book with 4 novellas and four different authors I'm going to rate each novella, then the overall book.

Love and Joy Come to You by Jennifer Moore
I liked this novella. I was hesitant at first because in the past Moore's writing dragged for me. So I was pleasantly surprised and will read future novellas from Moore. This was a sweet story, very predictable but lovely. Rating 4 stars.

A Christmas Courting by Chalon Linton
Another good novella but I found myself skimming parts. Rating
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Four stories with two of my favourite tropes: friends to lovers and second chance romance.

🎄🎄🎄🎄

Sweet caring hero + Strong cinnamon roll heroine.

Cassie is celebrating Christmas with her little brothers and sister at Graham's house (he's an earl) and it was really adorable to watch this two fall in love. I loved Cassie's little brothers and her sister Annie.
Graham was an amazing hero, he looked after those he love. He was really connected with his feelings and he doesn't feel ashamed for it. He h
Sheila
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the perfect week to read this new book, A Christmas Courting:A Regency Christmas Collection. Things have been so busy that it was nice to pick the book up and read one of the novella's during my lunch time of 35 minutes. It also was wonderful to read another Christmas story in October. It's making me so excited for Christmas. All of these stories have great characters with some problems along the way, but they all end with a sweet, romantic twist. This clean collection can be read in on ...more
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my review.

This collection of stories was so incredibly sweet and romantic. There was so much joy and happiness and so much holiday spirit! I mean, there was snow and sledding and ice skating and Christmas meals and parties . . . it was fantastic. You would think that the romance would feel a little rushed since all of them were just novellas. But in all but one of the stories, the people knew each other before the holiday and the courtship. The
Rachel DeVaughn
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Each Novella (short story) was as good as the last and ended with a happy sigh from me at the end of each one. I was only familiar with one of the authors (Jennifer Moore). I really enjoyed each Christmas story based in the regency time period and they were all well written. I loved the holiday stories, characters, and each individual story line. They were long enough to develop the characters and have a good story plot.

I wish I could tell you I had a favorite, but I enjoyed all 4 historical ro
Aimee
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a delightful book of stories that are sure to get you into the Christmas mood. There are four different stories from four authors and I found that I enjoyed all of them. They all have interesting characters with a sweet romance story that wraps up nicely at the end. It is the perfect book to enjoy during the holiday season.
Kirsi Johnson
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a love hate relationship when it comes to novellas—usually I’m left wanting more. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this compilation though. Each story was utterly delightful. And to top it all off, I was introduced to a new author (Heidi Kimball) whose future stories I’m looking forward to with great anticipation! All in, a most enjoyable, festive read.
Angie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I received an advance copy of this book title from Net Galley in exchange for my honest opinion.

This was a romantic collection of historic Christmas love stories.
Perfect to curl up on a chilly day and enjoy.
Rachel
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very fun book! Love the shorter stories.
Tiffany
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable read! I find that I love listening to novella length stories the most, and this one hit the spot.
Melissa
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Utterly predictable, charming, and swoonalicious. Exactly what you want for the busy holiday season. I read all 4 stories in a couple hours. Great for a quick romantic fix!
Kathryn
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
What delightful Christmas stories! Enjoyed some new authors that I’ll be looking forward to reading in the future!
Carrie
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it
The short stories are sticky sweet and very predictable, but I guess that’s to be expected for a Christmas romance. This was a lighthearted quick read.

• Twelve Days in December (Hearthfire Romance, #3.5)
  • A Country Christmas
  • Under the Mistletoe Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 14)
  • The Gentleman's Deception
  • A Holiday in Bath
  • From Cairo, With Love (Timeless Romance Single #1)
  • Outshine (House of Oak #5)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Silver Bells Collection
  • A Midwinter Ball
  • A Season in London
  • Proper Attire
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology Book: Blind Date Collection
  • The Unexpected Wife
  • Christmas Kisses (Echo Ridge Romance, #1)
  • Falling for a Duke (Timeless Regency Collection)
  • The Governess
  • Dante's Gift
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Hallows' Eve
Jennifer Moore is a passionate reader and writer of all things romance due to the need to balance the rest of her world, which includes a perpetually traveling husband and four active sons, who create heaps of laundry that are anything but romantic. Jennifer has a BA in linguistics from the University of Utah and is a Guitar Hero champion. She lives in northern Utah with her family.