Start by marking “101 Tips for Graduates: A Code of Conduct for Success and Happiness in Life” as Want to Read:
101 Tips for Graduates: A Code of Conduct for Success and Happiness in Life

101 Tips for Graduates: A Code of Conduct for Success and Happiness in Life

101 Tips for Graduates is a handbook for those heading into the work force or onto higher education. Outlined are the principles everyone needs to know about work skills, communications skills, leadership skills, social skills, self-discipline, and demonstrating a positive attitude.
Published March 1st 2005 by Ferguson Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about 101 Tips for Graduates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Tips for Graduates

Start your review of 101 Tips for Graduates: A Code of Conduct for Success and Happiness in Life
hissi
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
this book kinda started out lame.. her ABC'S are all about matching the A to something that started with an A.. instead of highlighting the most important rule and placing it as a first.. and so.. and B to something that starts with B.. all the way to Z!.. i think the author focused a little too much on making her book look good rather than the idea she wanted to deliver.. i think that was kinda forgotten somewhere while writing the book, not to mention the repetition of ideas..
dress nicely
no un
Hariz S. H.
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: skill-vocational
It's compilation of many common self-help advices. Useful for newgrads, since majority they doesn't read much. Could have be more convenient if it is more summarized and shorter. But the table of contents are useful for recaps
Mary Lou
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Very good advice.
Gail Welborn
May 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews

101 Tips for Graduates: A Code of Conduct for Success and Happiness in Your Professional Life, Revised Edition, by Susan Morem, Checkmark Books, 2010, ISBN-13: 978-0816082261, $14.95

Whether donning cap and gown for graduation, seeking advanced degrees, entering the job market for the first time or laid off and looking for work, 101 Tips for Graduates: A Code of Conduct for Success and Happiness in Your Professional Life has something for everyone.

For example, dozens of up-to-date tips, broken i
Sebah Al-Ali
Feb 20, 2010 rated it it was ok

Excerpts:

"The most common reason for procrastination is perfectionism. We tell ourselves that if we can’t do it right, or perfectly, we’ll put it off until we can."

"If you believe you can’t succeed, you probably won’t. You are more likely to succeed when you believe you can. Your beliefs create your reality; you choose what you believe."

"We speak with our faces although we may never say a word."

"You want to think about living, not dying, but you should think about the legacy you want to leav
Lynn
Feb 05, 2010 marked it as abandoned-for-now
I think this is more of a reference book. TBH, I read it from the back! I am not sure if its a rebellious gesture, but I found the front part to be uninteresting. But the middle chapters 'social skills', 'self discipline', 'demonstrate a positive attitude', and 'areas of distinction' were helpful! I read it and felt the author was like a wise mentor, if not mother! I felt loved, but I didn't finish it before I needed to return. I will definitely pick this up and read it again for reinforcement.
Rym Nihad
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Not bad at all actually ..it's got some good advice even for those who already have a job.. nicely done ..i'll propably read more books by the author :)
Kolawole Motolani