Start by marking “Soul Boundary” as Want to Read:
Soul Boundary

Soul Boundary

Can a soul be transferred? Should it?

Published September 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Soul Boundary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Boundary

Start your review of Soul Boundary
Ann-Marie
Aug 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF!

I got as far as "Post-quantum soulistics" and I had to quit.
What does that even mean? After impossibly tiny concept that scientists will never be able to peer review?

To quote a Transformers graphic novel:

Riptide: To be a quantum mechanic, all you have to do is put the word "quantum" in front of lots of other words, true or false?

Nautical: Both. It depends on the quantized energy state of each proposition.

You should hear Ultra Magnus, weigh in on the semicolon controversy. The Transformers
Barred Owl Books
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can a soul be transferred? Should it?
The Ark Project is the well-funded startup that techies dream of joining. Seeing dollar signs behind biophysicist Tensel Brown's idea, Ark woos him with flashy technology, the promise of human testing, and even an expensive transgenic cat. But Ark's investment in their star scientist is nothing compared to what they stand to gain if his soul-transfer technology succeeds.

Not far from Ark headquarters, Rachel Deimos supports her family as a human-voice worker,
Lauren Sapala
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sci-fi has never really been my thing, so when I do dive into it, the book has to pretty much be phenomenal for me to recommend it. It has to be intelligent and well-written, and also have rich and complex characters that pull me into the story, as well as themes that deal with larger issues such as human rights, freedom and boundaries, and collective society’s relationship with the planet.

This is a tall order and I know it, which is why I rarely delve into sci-fi. However, I can say that this b
Candra Hodge
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An amazing journey thru space, time and life

At first I found it hard to get into the first few chapters due to the theoretical science, but once the science began to be used I couldn't put the book down. The moral, ethical and religious ramifications mixed with the personal ramifications of such a science were fascinating. I would recommend this to anyone who likes science fiction.

I won this book thru a goodreads.com giveaway.
Celeste
Intriguing concept and complex characters.

I didn't much like the characters in the beginning. They grew on me, but I don't like the ultimate reversion to religious supernatural explanations for things which have a perfectly scientific cause.
Marissa
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

An interesting look at technology in the distant future and the price we could ultimately pay. It is a fast pace read that keeps you thinking. How far will greed go at for the sake of humanity?
Linda
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting story about a possible future full of greed and distrust. It was interesting and more than that, a bit scary. What if something like this really happens? I would be interested in reading other books by this author. I enjoy her thoughts.
Maureen
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent book!

A good plot. It really held my interest. I hope there is a sequel, because this story really should continue.
Tena
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
I won this in a GOODREAD giveaway.
Stephanie
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Many thanks to the author/publisher for allowing me to read this book for free.

This is a sci-fi book that combines the philosophical, psychological, and religious perfectly. Not only is it an enjoyable read, it gives you plenty to think about both during and after reading.
Steve Bender
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I won this ebook in a Goodreads Giveaway. It is an interesting take on the soul and the possibility of transferring a "soul" from a person or animal to a clone. It also explores the part played by large corporations in science expansion and space travel. Interesting set of characters from scientists to people of faith to others. Good read ...more
Paul Smith
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book started out sort of boring with technical info but got more interesting as I read. It was a story about bodies and souls being transported to a far away planet and how they survived and prospered.
Melissa Thomson
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a five-star book. I couldn't put it down. Loved the beautifully drawn characters, fast-moving plot, and fascinating futuristic details. Big issues arise in organic ways from the day-to-day lives of the main characters, and Stenstedt led me to think about what makes us human in a fresh way. Technology innovations in the storyline are wonderfully clever developments of what’s happening in today’s Silicon Valley, & I liked seeing visions of what the SF Bay Area might be like in the 26th cen ...more
Lourdes
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I won this book through Goodreads.

Very interesting mindset into the future, can it really happen?

I really enjoyed it, first time reading from this author Katarina Stenstedt.
Jae Park
Lisa
Ruth
Scott
Oct 22, 2018

• The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • Forgotten Bones (Dead Remaining #1)
  • The Last Bathing Beauty
  • The Joy Luck Club
  • A Ghost Refused: Kendra's Denial
  • The Lies That Bind
  • The Fall of Castle Carrick
  • NosFairytale (Deskonton Tales #1)
  • Homefall (Chains of Fate #1)
  • One Word Kill (Impossible Times #1)
  • Dancing Through Life: Indulge Your Dreams and Pursue Life's Possibilities
  • The Mountains Sing
  • Flip-Flops and Microwaved Fish: Navigating the Dos and Don'ts of Workplace Culture
  • The Summer Deal (Wildstone, #5)
  • The Benevolent Troll
  • Winter of the Wolf
  • Evolution - Coming to Terms with the ET Presence (Alien Experiences Book 2)
  • Louisiana Lucky
Katarina Stenstedt (Kat) is a hospital chaplain, singer-songwriter, and former technical writer. She lives in Oakland, California, with her husband Gene Anderson and their two spoiled kittens, June and Anita.

News & Interviews