Start by marking “Girl Crushed” as Want to Read:
Girl Crushed

Girl Crushed

Leah on the Offbeat meets We Are Okay in this pitch-perfect queer romance about falling in love and never quite falling out of it--heartbreak, unexpected new crushes, and all.

Before Quinn Ryan was in love with Jamie Rudawski, she loved Jamie Rudawski, who was her best friend. But when Jamie dumps Quinn a month before their senior year, Quinn is suddenly girlfriend-less and
Expected publication: April 7th 2020 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Girl Crushed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl Crushed

Start your review of Girl Crushed
Ann Elise Monte
Oct 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nope
I received an email telling me my review had been removed, but that turned out not to be the case. However, because I would rather not be blamed for Goodreads' own problems, I'm taking it down and replacing it with this one.

I will not read this book. I am not permitted to say why and have been threatened to have my account put "under review" if I dare do such a thing as warn my fellow bisexuals about one of the very specific reasons I have for not reading this book.

I would like anyone reading
Tova
Apr 16, 2019 marked it as minion-voice-eh-no
If you identify as bisexual (as I do) then you are still bisexual in any of the following situations*:
- if you are dating someone who is the same gender as you
- if you are dating someone who is not the same gender as you
- if you are dating someone who is transgender
- if you are dating someone who is cis
- if you are dating someone who is nonbinary
- if you are dating someone who is genderqueer
- if you are dating someone who is genderfluid
- if you are dating someone who is pansexual
- if you are
Samantha
Apr 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
My original comment was removed but it still stands that I will NOT be supporting this book.
R.C. Rejino
Apr 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
The biphobia JUMPED OUT
Nitya
Apr 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
My review was deleted too but I’ll post another anyway.

Don’t support this biphobic author, and biphobia in general. The author’s “apology” is a joke, and there are way better books by bi authors that don’t promote awful stereotypes!
cate
Apr 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nope, 1-star
in this house, we say no to biphobia and biphobic authors.
Jen • Just One More Page
An openly biphobic author trying to write F/F? Yikes.
Noah
Nov 25, 2019 marked it as not-gonna-happen
Shelves: authors-i-avoid
Goodreads keeps removing my reviews saying why I Will Not be reading this book, so let me just state (for the 3rd time) that under no circumstances will I be reading this book, or anything by this author. I'm apparently not allowed to say why though.
More detailed review to come closer to the release date but I loved this!! Should all queer YA books have USWNT references? I say YES.
Andrew
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Quinn thought everything was coming up roses until her girlfriend-slash-best-friend, Jamie, dumps her under the assumption they'll break up after graduation. Conflicted and heartbroken, Quinn needs to navigate the idea and reality of a future without Jamie and her together, while also finding herself drawn to her classmate Ruby, an aloof musician-- whom Quinn thought was straight, but it seems like Ruby might be into her, too. Girl Crushed is a senior year of bittersweet growth not just for ...more
Taylor
Sep 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
I got an email saying my review was removed so I'll just repost it. I only wrote:

"I wonder if the girl in the story is as crushed as the author's career."

If whoever flagged it couldnt take that then they clearly never went to high school because that's tame af But im not here for phobia of any kind so I'd give it 0 stars if I could!
Hannah Orenstein
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book feels so entirely authentic to the teenage experience — only injected with a few wiser emotions that created such a satisfying reading experience. It's easy to root for Quinn, her friends, her crush, and even her ex.
kory.
Oct 07, 2018 marked it as hard-pass
x.
Princess  Peach
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
What a sweet, fun novel! I know so many Quinns in real life but have never seen a character like her in YA fiction before; I have a feeling she'll resonate with so many young readers out there at an incredibly urgent time. What I love about Katie's writing, aside from the pitch perfect ways she captures the ecstasies and agonies of high school, is the extent to which she shows how there's no one way to be a queer woman. This book is loaded with OWLs and baby gays and femmes and mascs and ...more
Ellie Homant

• One to Watch
  • Rock and Riot
  • Girl, Woman, Other
  • Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)
  • Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)
  • Happy & You Know It
  • My Brother's Name is Jessica
  • Quit Like a Woman: The Radical Choice to Not Drink in a Culture Obsessed with Alcohol
  • Here for It: Or, How to Save Your Soul in America; Essays
Katie Heaney is the author of Public Relations, Dear Emma, and Never Have I Ever, as well as the forthcoming memoir Would You Rather? (Penguin Random House, February 2018). Her writing has also appeared in New York magazine online, Cosmopolitan, The Atlantic, Racked, and The Hairpin, among other places. She lives in Brooklyn.