Start by marking “Ransom (LSERT, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ransom (LSERT, #1)

Ransom

(LSERT #1)

A new series from the author of the Moonshine Task Force Series!

Laurel Springs, AL is about to be hotter than a mid-August thunderstorm.

When the Moonshine Task Force is absorbed into a new entity, Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team (LSERT) new faces come to town, new love is born, old love is found again, and there’s a plethora of drama and romance happening all over
Published January 5th 2019 by Laramie Briscoe Books

To ask other readers questions about Ransom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ransom

Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Ransom is the first book in Laramie Briscoe's new series, LSERT, but if you're a fan of this author and have read her MTF series then you'll recognize some of the characters. Ransom and Stella have known each other for years but it's not until they're all grown up that they started seeing each other as more than friends. And when Ransom finally made his move with Stella the chemistry between them shot through the roof.

I really enjoyed these two together and how ea
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
4 K-9 Rambo 🌟

I liked it. Good little read! But sometimes I wonder what makes an author named their books with the hero’s name? Why not named their book like their heroine’s? I would’ve liked the title more if the book would have been called “Stella” probably doesn’t sound as catchy or swoony as the hero’s for some readers, right? 😁

Anyway, I liked the heroine. She knew what she wanted and went for it. She’s definitely not a wallflower.
Hero was a good man and a good son. I liked him a lot bett
Laramie Briscoe
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
42892589_1681796888596976_4588643458754805760_n

A new series comes to the rescue January 5th!

Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team #1 heats up the cold days with the love story of Ransom Thompson and Stella Kepler!

Cuddle season is in session!

Add to your GR ➝ http://readl.ink/Ransom

Amazon UK ➝ http://kindlel.ink/RansomUK
B&N ➝ http://nookl.ink/Ransom
Google Play ➝ http://googlel.ink/Ransom
iBooks ➝
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
3.5 Stars

This story was a nice romantic story. From the start I liked the fact that Stella and Ransom didn't have any OW drama. Everything was like your normal average romance story.
Two people who liked each other and they started a relationship. From there it was spending time together and getting to know each other better.

Why my 3 starts. Nothing stood out for me. I love drama in my romance books, I love that a guy will fight for you and that sometimes you argue, because that's what makes a r
Julia
No rating - DNF at chapter 5.

The MCs first date was one of the dullest things I’ve ever read. All they did was talk about the H’s dog.

And if I can be mean for 2 seconds: the heroines dads name was Renegade.... yes you read that right.

Renegade.

Can we cool it with the “edgy” names. That name sparks cackling laughter for me, not intrigue 😂
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
Every time I read one of Briscoe’s books, I find myself completely caught up in the story. I open the book with every intention of spending time with it, savoring the story, but then I start reading and I can’t put it down! Next thing I know I’ve reached the end, utterly satisfied, yet wishing for more. Ransom was no exception to this. I was drawn into Ransom and Stella’s story. Already feeling connected to their family made me all the more excited and invested. I just loved these two. The way t
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Reviewer Note: Author Laramie Briscoe rolls her popular Moonshine Task Force series into her new Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team (LSERT) in her latest release Ransom. While this is the start of a new series, the original MTF members and their spouses are featured prominently in this book and I think as a reader you will enjoy this book more having that background especially since this series features many of the offspring and their friends of that group.

There was something sweet about th
Victoria
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been looking forward to reading this book since it was announced by LB and I'm happy to report that it lived up to ALL of my expectations.

I'm a huge MTF fan so it was great to see the guys (older and wiser - and still hot!) with their kids. I was happy that I got a whole lot of Renegade (he owns my MTF-Lovin' heart no matter how old he is ;)).

Now onto the book, Ransom and Stella were great together. I loved their chemistry and the way they connected. Stella didn't give mixed signals and w
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Shelves: faves
Laramie Briscoe successfully stole my heart again! Gah! I swear no one writes heroes quite as perfectly as she does. Ransom is everything I’ve come to love from her men and more! All that magnificent, sexy officer goodness combined with major swoon and of course deep family roots full of characters I love made this book unputdownable for me! I’m talking I did not budge once after I started reading until I’d reached the end. I’m not sure I blinked.
Ransom and Stella are best friends and have been
Ash Luna
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The cover alone sucks you into this bad boy, you can't go wrong with a hot cover model and with her latest releases Laramie is going BIG when it comes to cover models.

I am absolutely obsessed with not only the cover but the book itself. Mrs. Briscoe is starting the new year out with a bang. Ransom is filled with raw emotion right from the get go and she sucks you in deeper and deeper page by page with this bad boy. I recommend you read het MTF series to fully grasp the emotions in this book, bu
LianaReads blog
Ransom is the first book in the new series LSERT by Laramie Briscoe and what a book to start with.
Another new to me author for this year and have been binge reading the MTF series in the last two months and loved it so of course, I had to read any new book from this author. Even if they are not connected, we can find characters from the previous series that are making an appearance in this book and was great to read about them again.
Ransom always worked hard to get his dreams to come true and h
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Deborah Harrell-jones
Reviewed by Deborah from Alpha Book Club
descriptiondescription

The Next Generation is coming at us with full force and they are very much their parents in this spin-off of the Moonshine Task Force series. If you read the MTF series, then you know who Ransom and Stella are, and they are all grown up. Stella is the daughter of Renegade and Whitney if you read their book you know their story and if you haven’t read it go before reading this one. Ransom is the son of Havoc and Leigh who you need to read about to before r
Stephanie
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ransom and Stella have one of the best romances Ms. Briscoe has wrote! I love, love, love to see the children of the Moonshine Task Force grown up and making their way in the world.

Ransom is the only K-9 handler for Laurel Springs police department, he loves being a police officer, loves Rambo, and loves Stella. Seeing Ransom all grown up and living on his own, spending time and giving advice to his best friend, falling in love with his best friends sister. He still has a love for his momma, a
Cheryl O'Harney (The Book Whisperer)
Title: Ransom (LSERT #1)
Author: Laramie Briscoe
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 5/5

ARC received in return for an honest review.

Laramie Briscoe is back with a brilliant start to her new Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team (LSERT) series. Times have been a changing for the Moonshine Task Force (MTF) our men are getting older, wiser and even hotter, and with the introduction of the new Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team all emergency forces are merged together bringing us new faces as wel
Vickie
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

Ransoms story is the first book in Laramie Briscoe’s LSERT series and it gets off to a great start. Having read the MTF series (which does NOT need to be read before this) this was like been back among old friends.

Ransom and Stella have known each other for forever. Their dads work together so they’ve spent plenty of time around each other growing up. Things change when an emergency happens at Stella’s work and Ransom is the responding officer. It’s not long before they decide that th
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Yes! I knew this one was going to tick all my boxes. Loved the MTF series and this one follows the kids of all those hotties hoping they get their HEA, too. It took me just a minute to sort out who was who since we last saw the kiddos as young children. Once the dad's came into the picture, it all came back to me.

Now, you can read this without having read the first series it spins from. You will just have a more enjoyable read if you know the history of the characters.

Ransom and Stella area pe
Sherri Babb
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such and incredible book. There is just something about Laramie Briscoe and the way she tells a story. From the very first word I am drawn into the lives of the characters in the books and I become invested in the out come of the book. This book is Ransom and Stella's. As we are reading their story we get drawn into the lives of all the secondary characters too. We get to go back and see how all the people are doing from the Moonshine Task Force books. This series LSERT is about the kids ...more
Sassy Southern
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been impatiently waiting to reading this book since it was announced and as expected, it lived up to ALL of my expectations.
And then some!

I'm a huge MTF fan, along with anything Laramie Briscoe writes. I love how as her stories continue in a series, so do story lines for past characters. It is always great to see the guys with their ladies and kids.
Ransom and Stella were amazing together. The chemistry is off the charts and they have a serious connection. Laughter and love, along with some
Lisa
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the MTF series so I was really excited when I learn we were going to get a spin off series! Boy did Briscoe deliver! A fabulous start to the series! I was hooked from the start and this one didn't let me go until the very end, and I loved every second of it.
Ransom and Stella have known each other pretty much their whole lives. It is only since they have grown up that they have both started to notice what is right in front of them. Watching these two navigate from friends to lovers was b
Boricuagal
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ah handsome Ransom and Stella, what a sweet fairytale romance. Laramie Briscoe is a wonderful story teller, she takes you on these journeys with her characters in a manner in which you feel you are there with them. You laugh, cry, and smile with them. This is a fantastic start to this spinoff of the children from the MTF series. Loved it!
Katja
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reading this book was like meeting your old friends again and finding how they are. This book was about Stella and Ransom and we have meet them when they were kids but now they are adults. Stella is Ryan "Renegade" Kepler's daughter and Ransom is Holden "Havoc" Thompson son. I liked that both Stella and Ransom knew what they wanted and there weren't any annoying drama going on. Can't wait to read next book.

*ARC for honest review*
Clare
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. This is the first book in a series. This was a good friends to lovers book. I really liked Stella and Ransom together. I also really liked how well paced the book was. I'm really looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Susan (susayq ~)
Have I mentioned I love Laramie Briscoe's writing? She writes these character driven stories without added drama that leaves me smiling.

Ransom and Stella's story was exactly what I was as hoping for. Watching them get closer after knowing each other their while lives was great. And seeing the MTF guys getting older was perfect. I can not wait for Nick and Kelsea's story!
Stephanie Killen
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I just love the men of the MTF and Ransom rates up there as a favorite. The story of Ransom and Stella is just the ultimate of cuteness. Another amazing story of love throughout the early years, holding back your true feeling and the coming into adulthood. Fantastic story of man, his best friend and his forever love. Amazing!!
Gwen Shafer
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can i say? Amazing enjoyable well written. A great book from an amazing writer. Love Ransom and Stella. Some very tender shocking moments that have you on the edge of your seat. But love these two together. Absolutely love the ending. Highly recommend.
Leslee
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ransom has had his eye on Stella for years, hoping that she would someday see him the same way. Stella has grown up with Ransom, so close they are almost family. She didn't see him any other way until she suddenly did. Now she is the one hoping that he could see her as more than just a family friend. When circumstances lead to Ransom being her hero, she takes the opportunity to invite him to dinner as a thank you. Now with his dream within his grasp, Ransom will do whatever it takes to keep her ...more
Crystal Wilke
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was in such a book funk and Laramie pulled me right out of it. I am super excited for the LSERT series. I absolutely adored the MTF series. I can't wait to see how the 2nd generation has grown up and reconnect with the MTF characters.

Ransom and Stella are to die for! Plus Rambo 😍 I love reading a book that gives me goosebumps. So many memorable moments. I can't wait to see what happens next.

You are missing out on this series. So grab a copy and get comfortable with Ransom.
Angela Ruble Scott
Laurel Springs, AL is about to be hotter than a mid-August thunderstorm.

Boy, Laramie couldn't have said it better! Ransom, man oh man, he sure is an excellent way to start out the new year. He is a member of the LSERT, he is the K-9 hottie from the Moonshine Task Force. His relationship with his partner, brought me to my knees at times. His love for Bub, just leaves me in awe.
Stella, she is a wonderful leading lady. She is smart, sassy, spunky, and above all she loves to help others. Her relat
April Symes
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ransom is the 1st book in Laramie Briscoe's new series, LSERT from which is a spin-off of the Moonshine Task Force series.
If you read the MTF series, the main characters for this book are Ransom and Stella- for those who remember Ransom and Stella from the MTF books-- guess what? They are all grown up. Stella is the daughter of Renegade and Whitney if you read their book, you'll know her parents story and if you haven’t - go read it before reading this one. Ransom is the son of Havoc and Leigh-
  • Cabin 12 (Rock Point, #2)
  • Into the Fire (Compass Boys, #2)
  • Joker's Wild (Vegas Underground, #5)
  • Afraid to Fall (Dennison, #1)
  • Reprisal
  • Hard as Stone (Passion in Paradise: The Men of the McKinnon Sisters, #2)
  • In His Sights (Sugarland Blue, #3)
  • I'll Take A Chance (Running Into Love, #2)
  • Once Kissed (O'Brien Family, #1)
  • One Night with a Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #2)
  • Bad Situation (The Montgomerys #1)
  • Justice Healed (Cowboy Justice Association, #2)
  • PowerLess: Anti-Hero Game (Power Chain Book 3)
  • You Will Call Me Master (Thieves, #1.5)
  • Hot for the Fireman (Boston Heat, #1)
  • Erotic Deception
  • Passion Restored (Gallagher Brothers #2)
  • Suck Me

Laramie Briscoe is the USA Today Bestselling Author of over 30 books.

Since self-publishing her first book in May of 2013, Laramie has appeared on the Top 100 Bestselling E-books Lists on iBooks, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, and Barnes & Noble. Her books have been known to make readers laugh and cry. They are guaranteed to be emotional, steamy reads.

When she's not writing alpha males who seriously love