Start by marking “The 13: Tales of Macabre” as Want to Read:
The 13: Tales of Macabre

The 13: Tales of Macabre

(The 13 #2)

Can you survive all 12?

Killer watermelons, murderous jewelry boxes, centenarian sea whisperers, creatures of myth/legend, and more...

Down, down in the depths they fell; bodies in the dark of a liqui
ebook
Published October 26th 2018 by Stephanie Ayers

To ask other readers questions about The 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 13

Start your review of The 13: Tales of Macabre
Catherine Pratt
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is the best macabre book I have ever read!! I so was not disappointed in this book. You have 13 spine tingling stories. Some was flash fiction at its best.

My spine tingled when I read the last story. Let me tell you, this made my fear of clowns even more so. I don't like clowns even more now.

This book is a great read and I highly recommend this book. It's a good book to read out loud around a campfire.

I received a free review copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review
K.N.
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ayers has crafted a second collection of the quick and creepy. These stories are bloodier than the first collection, but just enough to make you squirm, not lose your lunch.

“I am amused that one such as yourself traveled this dark route.” (p14)

I enjoy how Ayers gives a little twist to typical legends like vampires or the neighborhood vacant house. Each story has a unique angle and a variety of characters. I liked the twist in The Skeptic – it held great suspense and really could have been longe
K.M. Jenkins
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-reviewed
Stephanie Ayers doesn't disappoint with book two in her, The 13 series. The 13: Tales of Macabre opens with an epic story of love and betrayal pulling you in. As with Tales of Illusory you will find a story to spark your inner horror fancies around this most wonderful time of year. No I'm not talking about the horrid Christmas season, I'm talking about the best holiday ever! Halloween.

If you don't know me or the fact that I am the proud mother of two twin 1 year-old boys then you will understan
Amy
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the very first book of Author Stephanie Ayes I have read and I must admit this will not be my last.
I LOVE books that you start to read and you just immerse yourself completely.
The collection of stories reminded me of sitting around my living room listening to different scary stories with friends and family in which some you could walk away fine and others that stayed with you throughout the night.
For a woman who grew up watching horror films and listening to old time Spanish fork lore I
Lori Spinks
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Horror Stories

I like Stehanies' style of writing, but only 2 of the stories in this book gave pause and left me with that hair raising feeling on my neck. It is hard to get a seasoned horror book lover such as myself to be scared. I've been into the horror books and film since the age of five.
 Reading Reindeer
A collection of 13 horror tales with clever twists from author Stephanie Ayers plus an introductory scary poem by Stacy Overby constitute this set, a sort of sequel to the author's earlier collection 13: TALES OF THE ILLUSORY. I found the stories' unexpected twists and turns remarkable.
McKenzie Rae
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great collection of spooky short stories! My favorite was definitely the story called "Send in the Clowns." It was eerie and surreal--I only wish it had been longer!
Amanda Lindsey Bursting Bookshelf Blog
Another awesomely creepy and dark read from this author! I loved each story. They pull you into each story and the darkness takes hold and grips you on until the end! Each story was fantastic! I really love shorter reads sometimes and these are perfect to just read, stop and pick back up at the next story.
Lisa Briskey
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my review of The 13: Tales of Macabre the second book in the 13 series by Stephanie Ayers. This book was published by Ayers Creative Concepts in October of 2018. This book is considered to be horror, fiction, and short stories. In this book, you will find a forward page by JM Ames and an Introduction page by Stacey Overby.

In Frequent Flyer Livery Service, you will find a lovestruck vampire who kills people so he can bring his love back to life. The ending was not what I expected. I enjoy
Billie
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't read alone!
This supernatural story collection will make you reconsider everything you thought you knew. At night you'll hover under your covers while looking over your shoulder in the day. Down, down in the depths they fell; bodies in the dark of a liquid hell.
This is the second collection in The 13 series.
Will you survive all 13?
With foreward by JM Ames and poetry by Stacy Overby.
Travis Poole
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lot of creepy horror stories. There are 13 stories so you are bound to find a few you will enjoy. The cover is awesome and really drew me into the book. Mary Jane was probably my favorite, it had a slight Twilight Zone/urban legend feel to it. Like all anthologies I liked some stories more than others and since everyone is different you may love the stories I did not really get. I received a free review copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Alina
This is probably the best horror Anthology I have read in awhile. A lot of them usually fall flat with me, but this one managed to keep my attention, creep me out a bit (clowns) and excite me. All the stories were good creepy fun. Although not scary (I can't get scared from reading a book), they do manage to have a great scary mood to them.
A quick read that will delight and entertain in a macabre manner.
Heather Bane
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has some really great creepy horror stories that I really enjoyed reading. Each story is well written and draws you in. I love horror books and this did not disappoint. I definitely recommend reading. (I received a free review copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.)
D.
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I absolutely enjoyed this book. The stories are amazing. I highly recommend this series. They will make your imagination soar to new heights!
Aralyn
Mar 10, 2020
Stephanie
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Crystal Kugler
Tamara
Jan 19, 2020
Jim
May 19, 2019

• If I Die Before I Wake: Tales of Karma and Fear (The Better Off Dead Series #1)
  • True Scary Stories: Volume One - The Shadow Man: Real Horror Mystery With A Twist
  • Horrors Next Door: Short Scary Stories to play with your mind
  • 99 Stories of Blood on the Wall: A collection of 99 word horror stories
  • Spine
  • The Lady on the Road: An Urban Legend Short Story
  • Before You Sleep
  • Haunted: Houses: A Collection of 11 Ghost Stories
  • Horror Stories (Scare Street Horror Short Stories, #4)
  • Don't Scream 3: 30 More Tales to Terrify
  • True Ghost Stories: True Ghost Stories Of Terrifying Paranormal Activity, Haunted Houses And Spooky Places From Around The World - True Ghost Stories Books ... True Ghost Stories Series, Ghost Stories)
  • Halloween Night: Trick or Treat
  • Death is Not the End, Daddy
  • The Haunting of Deadwood House
  • The Shape of Night
  • Terror in the Shadows (Terror in the Shadows, #1)
  • A Beginner's Guide to Free Fall
  • Demons and Other Inconveniences
Stephanie Ayers is the word whisperer where horror and fantasy collide. A published author with a trunk full of tricks thanks to a checkered past, she haunts Irish castles and snowy mountaintops in her dreams while living the unicorn life in Ohio disguised as a human. When she isn’t listening to the voices in her head, she spends her days as a mom, gramma, cat mom, avid flea market shopper, and Ne ...more

The 13 (4 books)