Start by marking “Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)

Beautifully Broken Pieces

(Sutter Lake, #1)

A woman who’s lost everything.

Taylor is looking for peace and quiet away from the memories of all she’s lost. A small mountain town where no one knows her seems like the perfect escape.

300 pages
Expected publication: February 25th 2019 by The PageSmith LLC

Win a Copy of This Book

• Beautifully Broken Pieces by Catherine Cowles
    Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
    Release date: Feb 25, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win one of 10 copies of this "phenomenal and captivating" small town romance!

Taylor is looking f

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 542 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 30 - Feb 25, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Beautifully Broken Pieces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautifully Broken Pieces

Cristina | CristiinaReads
    Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arc-books
    ➳An emotional gravitating romance that will compel to wanting to read every single page, Catherine Cowles knows how to ideally write a romance filled with action, mystery, and most of all passion...

➳As an official avid reader of Catherine's writing, I want to say and shout to the Goodreads, Instagram, to all the bloggers out there, anyone really whom is reading this right this moment that... YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON ANY OF HER BOOKS!

➳And why is that you may ask? I mean, after all because
    Carol [Goodreads Addict]
    Beautifully Broken Pieces is book one of the Sutter Lake series by Catherine Cowles. This is my second book by Catherine. I first read Further To Fall and fell in love with it. With all the love I had for the first book, though, I think I loved this one even more!

Taylor Lawson is best friends with Carter whom we met in Further To Fall. Taylor has spent the last two years in Texas caring for her sick mother. It’s been three months now since her mother has passed. Taylor has given everything in t
    SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Stand-alone.
    Release: February 25, 2019.
    Blurb:
    A man battling the ghosts of his past.
    Walker loves his life just the way it is. His town, his family, his brothers in blue. Everything simple and easy—until a chance encounter changes it all.
    When Taylor’s solitude is interrupted by the rugged cop, they find that the v
    Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
    "I want you. You're mine remember."
    "I'm broken Walker."
    "Well, then all your beautifully broken pieces are mine."

Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm so pleasantly surprised by how much I loved this book. This is my first book by this author and I was immediately drawn in by the blurb but I never imagined I would have had such an incredible experience with this story.

I am a huge fan of small town romances and this was just PERFECTION! Both the heroe and heroine have lost someone close to them and Taylor especi
    A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
    So much grief, sadness, anxiety and love in the pages of this book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading every word. The writing had me on the edge of my seat and sobbing into my pillow a few times. Emotions are rife in my heart right now.

Taylor is grief stricken and running away from life, friends and any emotion. She wants to live a solitary life after losing her Mother. Pushing everyone away made me want to shout at her. She has a fabulous set up in Sutter Lake; Walker and all of his family are simp
    Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
    This book was okay for me. Just okay. I’m trying to find the right words to put here but I can’t seem to think of any. Although this book was supposed to be deep and emotional, I did not experience that. I’m usually an emotional mess when I read but this book did not make me shed a single tear. Maybe my wiring is on the frits.

Taylor is trying to escape to a peaceful place after her tragic loss. She wants to be alone and heal and she finds peace in the small town of Sutter Lake where she is vacat
    Jasmin Miller
    Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Beautifully Broken Pieces was a fantastic read, and I highly recommend it.

Watching Walker and Taylor's story unfold was wonderful, and I wish I could have read it in one sitting because I really wanted to.

I absolutely loved the scenery and was enamored by not only the two main characters but also the rest of Walker's family and the people of the small-town Sutter Lake.

It's a well-rounded read that you don't want to miss if you enjoy an emotion-filled contemporary romance with a healthy dose o
    Anelise
    Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Catherine Cowles did it again with another phenomenal and captivating book. If you read Further to Fall you are introduced to Taylor I’m that book as Carter’s best friend. In this book you get to read about her struggles to cope after her mom passed away and builds a new life in a new town with the deputy chief, Walker Cole, of the police department of the small town and someone the whole town adores. Walker’s eccentric grandma will make you laugh with her schemes and lack of filter.

Sutter Home
    Shannon Stuckey
    Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I was just taken on an incredible journey with this amazing book! Beautifully Broken Pieces was full of suspense that kept me on edge. Walker and Taylor had such sizzling chemistry that I had to fan myself a time or two. Catherine Cowles has such an amazing talent for writing that she has quickly become one of my favorite authors and I see nothing but greatness in her future. Even though Beautifully Broken Pieces is her first book in her new Sutter Lake series, Taylor was first introduced in her ...more
    Lissanne
    Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Further to Fall was a stunning debut from this author, and I didn't think I'd love another book by her any more than I do FtF... but I was wrong. Beautifully Broken Pieces is about Taylor, Carter's best friend, whom we met in FtF. Taylor is a woman in mourning for the loss of her mother. When she agrees to go to the quiet town of Sutter Lake with Carter, Austin and Liam for a desperately needed getaway, she finds herself soothed by the peace she finds there so much that she decides to spend a ye ...more
    Suzanne
    Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    So I finished this one a few days ago, and I still am blown away at how stunning this story was. While there were times you really wanted to smack Taylor, you honestly cannot because everyone grieves differently. I adored Taylor. She has sass but she is so broken. She needed this time to mend. But then you have Walker. Oh my swoon Walker. He was just absolutely stunning and I want one of my own. Their pull was beautiful. Their love was broken but it came together in such an epic way. Then you ad ...more
    Happily Mary After
    Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2019-february
    I love element of suspense in this sexy, swoony romance. Full rec on Frolic next week.
    A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
    Another amazing story of survival. The heartbreak that Taylor has endured in her life. When she meets Walker, I was holding out all hope that they would “see” each other; because Walker has had his far share hurt.

Then that twist, didn’t see that coming!!! This was a good read and I look forward to more in the series.

Reviewed by: Dana D.
    Beverly Bowman
    Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    This is the author's second novel, and Cowles had done another amazing job! I read this book in one sitting, devouring it to the finish once I started it. Both hero and heroine have known loss and grief intimately. The heroine feels that it's better to shut everyone out than to risk the loss of another loved one. The slow burn love story has you cheering for the hero to get the heroine to take chance on love. It's a rewarding read in itself to see how the heroine comes back to life after heartbr ...more
    Dana
    Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

Amy
    Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    4.5 Beautifully Broken Stars!!

Fantastic read! I can't wait to see where this series will go next.

Review to come!
    Gladys Avilés
    Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Blurb

A man battling the ghosts of his past.

When Taylor’s solitude is interrupted by the rugged cop, they find that the very thing they were avoiding might be jus
    Daisy Ramirez
    Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    THIS IS A MUST READ ❤❤ Trust me you will fall in love from the moment you read that Prologue.

This story will suck you in from the beginning. You will cry, you will be in suspense, you will laugh, and most importantly you will fall in love.

Taylor lost the most important person in her life. Her friends try to be there for her but she is scared. She wants to be alone. While on vacation she decides to stay in Sutter Lake. A peaceful town that will give her time to heal.

Walker, the sexy town cop. H
    BookAddict
    Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    One of the joys of reading and reviewing is the access to so many amazing indie authors I never would have found otherwise, and Catherine Cowles is the latest and brightest shining star in indie publishing that I’ve come across recently. The heartfelt depth and the vast array of emotions she evokes left me stunned, spellbound and breathless. From feeling like a knife had been driven through my heart to so much happiness I thought my heart would burst, and everything in between, this book touched ...more
    Joy Avery
    Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This was a breathtakingly beautiful love story. For this to just be the author's second book is just amazing. She shows a maturity and depth in her writing ability that could easily be seen as a writer with much more experience. I fell completely in love with her first book, Further To Fall and was so excited to see those characters back in this book. This time had Taylor, Carter's best friend, finding her happy ending. Seeing Austin again and especially Liam, made this book mean that much more. ...more
    Millennial Book Life Crisis - Samantha
    HOLY CANNOLI THIS BOOK! I had no expectations going into reading this, and it is the first book I read of Catherine’s, but let me tell you that I am a lifer after this book! Personally, I love books that have both a suspenseful/thriller theme in addition to the romance and this one is probably in my top 5. The emotion I could feel coming off the pages from Taylor made my heart break and tear up as if she was real. I could also feel how Walker’s past had shaped his entire life in addition to dict ...more
    Cristina
    Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I was gifted an arc of Beautifully broken pieces via a giveaway.
    This was my first read from Catherine Cowles and i loved it!
    It was an emotional read, especially at the begining.As well, i liked that the story was given the suspense moments, that made the reading more intriguing.
    This story is about grieving, about how to cope with yourself, with others, when you lose the one you love. How difficult it is to overcome the “after” period and to get attached to other people without being afraid to g
    Read.Review.Repeat Blog
    Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    "I absolutely loved this book. Taylor is grieving the loss of her Mom so her friends make her go on vacation with them to Sutter Lake. She loves her friends, but they are smothering her and she needs some time alone. She likes Sutter Lake so she decides to stay there to get some peace and quiet.

What Taylor didn’t plan on was the landlord’s son, Walker. He is the local Assistant Police Chief and he keeps weaseling his way into her life and drawing her in to his family. I couldn’t put this book do
    Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
    Beautifully Broken Pieces was my first read from author Catherine Cowles and I must say that her writing and the plot truly captivated me.

I'm loving more and more stories based on the country and without alphaholes in it. It's like a breath of fresh air! So, with this being said, we can conclude that I really enjoyed this book.

I loved the way Walker and Taylor's relationship evolved. Walker's ways to capture her heart were definitely beautiful and romantic, after everything Taylor went through.
    T
    Cheryl Norris
    This was a fantastic book that I couldn't put down. This is my first Catherine Cowles book, but I am so looking forward to more books from her and about Sutter Lake. This story of two people who have experienced loss; one who has somewhat overcome and moved on with their life and the other who is just stuck, never wanting anyone to get too close, in fear of loosing them. Somehow though, these two people met each other, and found in the other person the strength that was needed to move on with th ...more
    Gwen Shafer
    Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This one was out of the park amazing. This is the second book I have read from Catherine and she has me hooked wanting more. Taylor and her friends come to Sutter Lake for a vacation.Taylor is dealing with something very tragedy and wants some space to figure things out. She decides to stay. Walker just wants to be a friend and help her. But will someone take their new romance away from them? I love Taylor. She is so strong through everything when if she does want to run when it gets hard.Walker ...more
    Joanne
    Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This was a new author for me and when I had the opportunity to read this book I was intrigued. I’m so glad I gave it a go. It was an emotional and heartfelt story which had me hooked from the beginning. I now want to go back and read the first book and read about Carter and Austin. Taylor broke my heart at the start of the story and I could feel her pain. Walker was the perfect partner who understood her heart. This was beautifully written and I look forward to reading more books from this autho ...more
    Amber Soto
    Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arc
    Loved, loved, loved! This was my first time reading a book by Catherine. I loved Walker and Taylor's stories. They each suffered personally and it was nice to see them come out of the darkness together. Everyone loves a good romance story and this one was fantastic! Definitely recommend!
    Kelly Murray
    Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    My first book by this author and will not be the last! Such a great book and great characters that I can’t wait to see more of in the next books! The story was full of love, laughter and drama and kept you guessing right to the end. Loved it!
    Julie
    Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    A small town romance that I quickly fell in love with. Emotional and suspenseful with a beautiful love story added into the mix. I can’t wait to read book two!!
    « previous 1 3 next »
    • Vow of Devotion (Vow, #4)
    • In the Land of Gods and Monsters, Part Two (Gods and Monsters #2)
    • The Reaping: Arctic Wolves Novella
    • Everwylde (The Kindred, #2)
    • Unexpected Prize (Unexpected, #0.5)
    • Prelude (Dresdan Coven, #1)
    • Quantum (Red Rock Alien Mail Order Brides, #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #4)
    • Rocked by a Vampire (Immortal Hearts of San Francisco, #3)
    • Death's Storm (The Divinities, #2)
    • Christmas Ever More (A Lady Forsaken, 4)
    • Their Wicked Future
    • Run to You (100 Series Standalone, #1)
    • Good Girls Don't (Everly Brothers, #2)
    • Double Score
    • Dangerously Dark (The Dreamcaster Series, #3)
    • King (Space Gypsy Chronicles, #4)
    • Guardian Unraveled (Fallen Guardians #3)
    • In Flames
    Writer of words. Drinker of Diet Cokes. Lover of all things cute and furry, especially her dog. Catherine has had her nose in a book since the time she could read and finally decided to write down some of her own stories. When she's not writing she can be found exploring her home state of Oregon, listening to true crime podcasts, or searching for her next book boyfriend.

Sutter Lake, (4 books)
    • Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)
    • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
    • Beautifully Broken Control (Sutter Lake, #4)