Start by marking “Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)

Beautifully Broken Pieces

(Sutter Lake #1)

A woman who’s lost everything.

Taylor is looking for peace and quiet away from the memories of all she’s lost. A small mountain town where no one knows her seems like the perfect escape.

A man battling the ghosts of his past.

300 pages
Published February 25th 2019 by The PageSmith LLC

Start your review of Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Beautifully Broken Pieces is book one of the Sutter Lake series by Catherine Cowles. This is my second book by Catherine. I first read Further To Fall and fell in love with it. With all the love I had for the first book, though, I think I loved this one even more!

Taylor Lawson is best friends with Carter whom we met in Further To Fall. Taylor has spent the last two years in Texas caring for her sick mother. It’s been three months now since her mother has passed. Taylor has given everything in t
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳An emotional gravitating romance that will compel to wanting to read every single page, Catherine Cowles knows how to ideally write a romance filled with action, mystery, and most of all passion...

➳As an official avid reader of Catherine's writing, I want to say and shout to the Goodreads, Instagram, to all the bloggers out there, anyone really whom is reading this right this moment that... YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON ANY OF HER BOOKS!

➳And why is that you may ask? I mean, after all becau
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
A woman who’s lost everything.
A man battling the ghosts of his past.
Walker loves his life just the way it is. His town, his family, his brothers in blue. Everything simple and easy—until a chance encounter changes it all.
When Taylo
Dri ✰
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
4 STARS

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

“Life doesn’t always take us on a path we understand, but I know that even with the moments you think will break you, there’s always something beautiful waiting. If you keep pushing on.”

This book was all I needed!
It warmed my heart and pulled me out of the sad mood left by my last read!
It was a great read and I really liked it!
Arini
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
standalone series

#1 beautifully broken pieces — 3 stars
#2 beautifully broken life — 2.5 stars
#3 beautifully broken spirit — 3.75 stars
#4 beautifully broken control — 3 stars

i wouldve probably given this four stars had the author not used this line too many times. seriously, it's so overused it's become one of my pet peeves!!

"he/she released a breath, he/she didnt know he/she was holding."

the suspense aspect of the story was schematic. this was my first time reading a book by this aut
Somia
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Lovely Stars

Having suffered a loss that has turned her life upside down, Taylor finds herself needing a new place not marked by what she no longer has, somewhere she can just be, and doesn't have to see the concern and sympathy her friends are unable to conceal. She's determined to keep her distance and not make any new bonds that would lead to the risk of suffering more heartache. Moving to Sutter Lake for at least a year, what she doesn't expect is the heat and sparks she feels with Walker
Dilushani Jayalath
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is what I look for when I say I like the genre, which is New Adult. Not the overly sappy, long winded unnecessary sec scenes but the one that showcase the gradual falling of the couple, without those who useless drama.

This story as mentioned before had all the factors that could be considered a strong novel. From strong main characters, solid plotlines, supportive family without the simply stupid drama to add to it, this novel isn’t lacking much compared to the vast field full of novels ju
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: It's no secret that I've been struggling this year to be inspired by any of the books that are in my kindle. I happened to get an email that I received this book through my local library on loan after spending too much time searching through my tbr/sample list, and I took it as a sign that I should just jump right in. I lost my mother ~10 years ago after a short battle with an aggressive cancer, so I wasn't quite sure how I was going to feel about this one. I felt like it
April
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book!
It had the sweet, funny and even some twists and turns that keep your attention from the very beginning. All the characters were lovable but Waker makes for a very swoon worthy MC! This book flowed well and I look forward to reading more in the series.
Jennifer Kyle
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Paula
Jun 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
This one was one of those "It's not you, it's me" type of reads. I know better then to attempt anything that has a dead ex trope, but seeing that my friends raved about it, I thought I'd give it a try.
However, for me it was a DNF because (view spoiler)
Malene
***3.5 Stars***
The Cole Family was one loving and wonderful bunch of people. I could easily understand Taylor having difficulty resisting them especially Walker. I enjoyed Beautifully Broken Pieces because of the family dynamics and their interactions with Taylor. Walker and Taylor was a great couple. Lovely bantering and chemistry. Taylor dealing with the loss of her mother wasn’t easy but thankfully the Cole Family was there trying to break down her walls. Taylor and Walker’s little sister Jen
Radd Reader
“I’m broken, Walker.”
“Well, then all your beautifully broken pieces are mine.”

Plot overview:
Taylor lost her mother 3 months ago and her best friends decide to whisk her away to an out of the way, peaceful community to help her regroup. Takes place in a small town in Oregon. Told from dual POV.

Characters:
Taylor - teacher
Taylor has spent the last few years in Texas caring for her sick mother. She was extremely close to her mother and feels very lost and alone without her. Although she has som
Carvanz
Wow! What an absolutely beautiful story! This touched my soul to the point that my heart hurt, grieved, broke and was healed all within the pages of this book!

Taylor is drowning in the care and concern her friends wrap around her. After a great personal loss, she just wants to be alone. Her heart hurts and she is living a life of fear. Moving to Sutter Lake is the perfect solution. Until a local cop begins to worm his way in and she comes face to face with those fears.

description

Walker has experienced his
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
"I want you. You're mine remember."
"I'm broken Walker."
"Well, then all your beautifully broken pieces are mine."

Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm so pleasantly surprised by how much I loved this book. This is my first book by this author and I was immediately drawn in by the blurb but I never imagined I would have had such an incredible experience with this story.

I am a huge fan of small town romances and this was just PERFECTION! Both the heroe and heroine have lost someone close to them and Taylo
Christy Bailey
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was one I didn't want to put down! This was the first book I have read from Catherine Cowles but it definitely won't be my last. The chemistry between Walker and Taylor was simply amazing and so was the story line! I was hanging on by the edge of my seat! Such beautiful writing and I can't wait to read more of this series!
Carla Bulian
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,8. This book was so sweet, I had a headache! LOL.
Seriously, it was romantic,very well writing with a suspense around.
I didn’t like the female character, she was so stoic end unhappy...
But, it’s worth the reading!
Lisa Aiello
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am torn between 3.5 and 4 stars here. It was very well written and very readable...but I found the heroine to be a bit whiny (man, I'm a cold bitch sometimes!!!) I'll go with 4 stars to make up for that fact!

This is the story of Taylor, who has recently lost her mother, and it has hit her very hard. To the point where she has retreated into herself and tried to shut herself off from letting anyone in. She just wants to be alone. Her friends take her to Sutter Lake, a place that is special to h
Big Joe  Rossi
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Taylor Lawson gave up everything to care for her mother. She passed and its been a couple months and she is barely functioning so her friends take her for a 'vacation' to Sutter Lake. A quaint little town. While there she falls in love with the town and soon decides she needs to move there. To find herself. Find what she wants, needs to move on. To be whole.

Walker Cole is a town sheriff's deputy. He is a townie, his family owns a huge ranch. Still fighting demons from a decade ago, losing his
Miftahul
Jul 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
Dnf at 70%

(Spoilers)

This was a “its not you, its me”’kinda book, everyone keeps crying. And i like books which makes me cry but my reaction to this one was like 😪😪😪. Taylor is strong but yet so annoying, and it seems like every girl is after Walker. The beginning was good but towards the end it got really boring, Taylor keeps landing herself in trouble and her “stubbornness” isnt really her being strong, rather being immature. The story is about a girl Taylor who recently lost her mother, she st
Curlyhairlass19
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Short Stack stars!

This story had everything! Simply unputdownable! Walker and Taylor were everything I needed, and I loved the fire that burned under their skin from day 1. Both having broken pasts full of heartbreaking pain, eventually allowed their walls to crumble into dust allowing the other in...to love again. I love how this book had mystery, suspense, an amazing family dynamic, and did I mention the steam between Walk & Taylor aka ShortStack. I’m excited to dive into book 2!
Shelby
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
After she loses her mom to cancer, Taylor moves to Sutter Lake, a small town in Oregon, to escape her reality and deal with her overwhelming grief. Taylor meets the Cole family—their daughter Jensen offers Taylor a job at her local tea shop and the Coles offer their guest cabin on their property for Taylor to stay in. Some peace and quiet, along with small town hospitality is exactly what Taylor needs.

Walker Cole lost the woman he was supposed to marry years ago and ever since he hasn’t been ab
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
So much grief, sadness, anxiety and love in the pages of this book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading every word. The writing had me on the edge of my seat and sobbing into my pillow a few times. Emotions are rife in my heart right now.

Taylor is grief stricken and running away from life, friends and any emotion. She wants to live a solitary life after losing her Mother. Pushing everyone away made me want to shout at her. She has a fabulous set up in Sutter Lake; Walker and all of his family are simp
Ally.Always.Reads
Aug. 2019
Loved it!
I like getting a little suspense with my romance. And this was perfect. 😍

Feb. 2020
I think I’m even more obsessed.
Catherine brings so much emotion this tale: love, grief, fear... so much!
I’m obsessed with romantic suspense and this is perfect!
Jenny Jo Weir
Nice! This one is a wonderful cross between your typical mystery and your typical romance story. I felt both genres were perfectly intertwined in this mountain escape book. The scenery and characters were all beautifully written and worth the read.
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
This book was okay for me. Just okay. I’m trying to find the right words to put here but I can’t seem to think of any. Although this book was supposed to be deep and emotional, I did not experience that. I’m usually an emotional mess when I read but this book did not make me shed a single tear. Maybe my wiring is on the frits.

Taylor is trying to escape to a peaceful place after her tragic loss. She wants to be alone and heal and she finds peace in the small town of Sutter Lake where she is vacat
Happily Mary After
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-february
I loved Catherine Cowles’ debut romance, Further to Fall, so I was crazy excited to get my hands on Beautifully Broken Pieces, and I am thrilled to share that it’s absolutely fantastic. It’s a tender, steamy and poignant love story with a healthy dose of cleverly-plotted mystery and suspense that will keep you guessing until the very end.

Taylor has just lost her mom when she decides to move to Sutter Lake after vacationing there with her friends. She’s heartbroken and deep in the throes of grief
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Taylor is on holiday with her friends in Oregon in the small town called Sutter Lake. Her friends work in the entertainment industry and have busy lives so a change of pace is always welcome when they go on vacation. Taylor has recently lost someone very close to her and has been struggling to adapt to her new life path.

After spending a few days in Sutter Lake, Taylor gets the sense that this is where she needs to be for a while and after finding accommodation and a part time job she soon settle
Jasmin Miller
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Broken Pieces was a fantastic read, and I highly recommend it.

Watching Walker and Taylor's story unfold was wonderful, and I wish I could have read it in one sitting because I really wanted to.

I absolutely loved the scenery and was enamored by not only the two main characters but also the rest of Walker's family and the people of the small-town Sutter Lake.

It's a well-rounded read that you don't want to miss if you enjoy an emotion-filled contemporary romance with a healthy dose o
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This story was an emotional roller coaster read for me. I felt so bad for Taylor because she sacrificed everything in her life to take care of her ailing mother. When her mother passes away her friends think its time for Taylor to have a vacation and get away from it all and just be able to sit and relax and not have to worry about anything or anybody.

So they take a trip up to Sutter Lake where she can get some much needed rest and relaxation. Only when she gets there she meets the handsome and

• Country Gold (Wilder Sisters, #1)
  • All of Me (Compass Cove, #3)
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • Her Texas Ex (The Dangerous Delaneys, #1)
  • Wild Highway (Runaway, #2)
  • Stone Princess (Tin Gypsy, #3)
  • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
  • Spring Fling (Romancing Wisconsin #7)
  • Quarter Miles (Runaway, #3)
  • Be with Me (All I Want, #2)
  • A Son for the Texas Cowboy (The Texas Wolf Brothers #1)
  • Crazy For You (Last Frontier Lodge, #8)
  • Be My Babies (About the Baby #3)
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Match Made in Wyoming (Wyoming Wildflowers, #2)
  • Tempting the Deputy (Men of Marietta #1)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • You Were Meant For Me (Wishful Romance, #10)
Writer of words. Drinker of Diet Cokes. Lover of all things cute and furry, especially her dog. Catherine has had her nose in a book since the time she could read and finally decided to write down some of her own stories. When she's not writing she can be found exploring her home state of Oregon, listening to true crime podcasts, or searching for her next book boyfriend.

Sutter Lake (4 books)
  • Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)
  • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
  • Beautifully Broken Control (Sutter Lake, #4)