Start by marking “Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)

Beautifully Broken Pieces

(Sutter Lake #1)

A woman who’s lost everything.

Taylor is looking for peace and quiet away from the memories of all she’s lost. A small mountain town where no one knows her seems like the perfect escape.

A man battling the ghosts of his past.

300 pages
Published February 25th 2019 by The PageSmith LLC
Featured Notes & Highlights

Start your review of Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Beautifully Broken Pieces is book one of the Sutter Lake series by Catherine Cowles. This is my second book by Catherine. I first read Further To Fall and fell in love with it. With all the love I had for the first book, though, I think I loved this one even more!

Taylor Lawson is best friends with Carter whom we met in Further To Fall. Taylor has spent the last two years in Texas caring for her sick mother. It’s been three months now since her mother has passed. Taylor has given everything in t
CristiinaReads❀
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳An emotional gravitating romance that will compel to wanting to read every single page, Catherine Cowles knows how to ideally write a romance filled with action, mystery, and most of all passion...

➳As an official avid reader of Catherine's writing, I want to say and shout to the Goodreads, Instagram, to all the bloggers out there, anyone really whom is reading this right this moment that... YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON ANY OF HER BOOKS!

➳And why is that you may ask? I mean, after all becau
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
A woman who’s lost everything.
A man battling the ghosts of his past.
Walker loves his life just the way it is. His town, his family, his brothers in blue. Everything simple and easy—until a chance encounter changes it all.
When Taylo
Dri ✰
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
4 STARS

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

“Life doesn’t always take us on a path we understand, but I know that even with the moments you think will break you, there’s always something beautiful waiting. If you keep pushing on.”

This book was all I needed!
It warmed my heart and pulled me out of the sad mood left by my last read!
It was a great read and I really liked it!
Chelsea Humphrey
Taking a break from my arcs to do some backlist mood reading, so if you need me I'll be in Sutter Lake, OR! But please don't need me.

description
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
standalone series

#1 beautifully broken pieces — 3 stars
#2 beautifully broken life — 2.5 stars
#3 beautifully broken spirit — 3.75 stars
#4 beautifully broken control — 3 stars

i wouldve probably given this four stars had the author not used this line too many times. seriously, it's so overused it's become one of my pet peeves!!

"he/she released a breath, he/she didnt know he/she was holding."

the suspense aspect of the story was schematic. this was my first time reading a book by this aut
Somia
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Lovely Stars

Having suffered a loss that has turned her life upside down, Taylor finds herself needing a new place not marked by what she no longer has, somewhere she can just be, and doesn't have to see the concern and sympathy her friends are unable to conceal. She's determined to keep her distance and not make any new bonds that would lead to the risk of suffering more heartache. Moving to Sutter Lake for at least a year, what she doesn't expect is the heat and sparks she feels with Walker
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: It's no secret that I've been struggling this year to be inspired by any of the books that are in my kindle. I happened to get an email that I received this book through my local library on loan after spending too much time searching through my tbr/sample list, and I took it as a sign that I should just jump right in. I lost my mother ~10 years ago after a short battle with an aggressive cancer, so I wasn't quite sure how I was going to feel about this one. I felt like it
Paula
Jun 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
This one was one of those "It's not you, it's me" type of reads. I know better then to attempt anything that has a dead ex trope, but seeing that my friends raved about it, I thought I'd give it a try.
However, for me it was a DNF because (view spoiler)
Dilushani Jayalath
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is what I look for when I say I like the genre, which is New Adult. Not the overly sappy, long winded unnecessary sec scenes but the one that showcase the gradual falling of the couple, without those who useless drama.

This story as mentioned before had all the factors that could be considered a strong novel. From strong main characters, solid plotlines, supportive family without the simply stupid drama to add to it, this novel isn’t lacking much compared to the vast field full of novels ju
Samantha Young
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yes! I've found a new favorite author. I feel like I've been struggling to connect with some of the books I've picked up lately and it's such a relief to find one that just pulled me in from the start. There's so much depth to Taylor and Walker and I teared up a few times reading this. Plus the cast of secondary characters are wonderful and I'm so looking forward to making my way through this series.

If you love emotional romances with great character development, sizzling chemistry and suspense
Jessica
Jan 27, 2022 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
TW for loss of a loved one

This was cute! Taylor is grieving the loss of her mom, so she goes to a small town for peace. She decides to stay, despite the disapproval of her friends. There, so meets Walker, who has his own haunted past, and Walker can't seem to stay away from her. I didn't really love Walker, so that's why I wasn't completely sold on this story. He was the town sheriff and there were women going missing, but he didn't seem to really put a lot of focus and attention on tha
Ainhoa
OMG I can’t with the h’s misery and rudeness.

DNF 20% I could see the plot coming and the H deserved better than her.

My year’s to short for this shit.
Jennifer Kyle
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Carvanz
Wow! What an absolutely beautiful story! This touched my soul to the point that my heart hurt, grieved, broke and was healed all within the pages of this book!

Taylor is drowning in the care and concern her friends wrap around her. After a great personal loss, she just wants to be alone. Her heart hurts and she is living a life of fear. Moving to Sutter Lake is the perfect solution. Until a local cop begins to worm his way in and she comes face to face with those fears.

description

Walker has experienced his
Syndi
Mar 09, 2022 rated it liked it
I really try to like Beautifully Broken Pieces more than 3 stars. I really am. At the end, I just can give this book 3 stars.
The reason is the unusual obsession from Taylor toward her dead mom. It does not makes sense and Miss Cowles, sadly does not provide background story.

Other thing is Walker. Miss Cowles uses telling and not enough showing fro Walker character. So Walker at the end is a aloof, detached hero. Instead of fierce, broody and protector. His attitude toward Julie's death is cold
Carla Bulian
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,8. This book was so sweet, I had a headache! LOL.
Seriously, it was romantic,very well writing with a suspense around.
I didn’t like the female character, she was so stoic end unhappy...
But, it’s worth the reading!
Radd Reader
“I’m broken, Walker.”
“Well, then all your beautifully broken pieces are mine.”

Plot overview:
Taylor lost her mother 3 months ago and her best friends decide to whisk her away to an out of the way, peaceful community to help her regroup. Takes place in a small town in Oregon. Told from dual POV.

Characters:
Taylor - teacher
Taylor has spent the last few years in Texas caring for her sick mother. She was extremely close to her mother and feels very lost and alone without her. Although she has som
Malene
***3.5 Stars***
The Cole Family was one loving and wonderful bunch of people. I could easily understand Taylor having difficulty resisting them especially Walker. I enjoyed Beautifully Broken Pieces because of the family dynamics and their interactions with Taylor. Walker and Taylor was a great couple. Lovely bantering and chemistry. Taylor dealing with the loss of her mother wasn’t easy but thankfully the Cole Family was there trying to break down her walls. Taylor and Walker’s little sister Jen
Christy Bailey
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was one I didn't want to put down! This was the first book I have read from Catherine Cowles but it definitely won't be my last. The chemistry between Walker and Taylor was simply amazing and so was the story line! I was hanging on by the edge of my seat! Such beautiful writing and I can't wait to read more of this series! ...more
Heather❀Kiss The Pages❀
"I want you. You're mine remember."
"I'm broken Walker."
"Well, then all your beautifully broken pieces are mine."

Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm so pleasantly surprised by how much I loved this book. This is my first book by this author and I was immediately drawn in by the blurb but I never imagined I would have had such an incredible experience with this story.

I am a huge fan of small town romances and this was just PERFECTION! Both the heroe and heroine have lost someone close to them and Taylo
Big Joe  Rossi
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Taylor Lawson gave up everything to care for her mother. She passed and its been a couple months and she is barely functioning so her friends take her for a 'vacation' to Sutter Lake. A quaint little town. While there she falls in love with the town and soon decides she needs to move there. To find herself. Find what she wants, needs to move on. To be whole.

Walker Cole is a town sheriff's deputy. He is a townie, his family owns a huge ranch. Still fighting demons from a decade ago, losing his
ad✿
BBP

Bookstagram
i own the edits,not the pictures

↠#1 Beautifully Broken Pieces —4 stars
↠#2 Beautifully Broken Life —tbr
↠#3 Beautifully Broken Spirit —tbr
↠#4 Beautifully Broken Control —tbr
Rating: 4 stars

The first book in Catherine's The Sutter Lake series, this is a surprisingly emotional, beautifully romantic second-chance love story with great chemistry and lots of swoon and suspense. I loved it!

Taylor Lawson's move to Sutter Lake, Oregon was one of both desire and necessity after the pa
Wil Loves Books!
Feb 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021, audiobook
This was super cute and fast paced. Reminded me a lot of Devney Perry’s books with the small mountain town setting and the hints of suspense. Both main characters have lots of issues they’re dealing with and there’s a lot of push pull and resistance before they give it up and get together. The audiobook is pretty solid as well. This is my favorite Catherine Cowles book but it probably won’t be my last!
Lisa Aiello
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am torn between 3.5 and 4 stars here. It was very well written and very readable...but I found the heroine to be a bit whiny (man, I'm a cold bitch sometimes!!!) I'll go with 4 stars to make up for that fact!

This is the story of Taylor, who has recently lost her mother, and it has hit her very hard. To the point where she has retreated into herself and tried to shut herself off from letting anyone in. She just wants to be alone. Her friends take her to Sutter Lake, a place that is special to h
Miftahul
Jul 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
Dnf at 70%

(Spoilers)

This was a “its not you, its me”’kinda book, everyone keeps crying. And i like books which makes me cry but my reaction to this one was like 😪😪😪. Taylor is strong but yet so annoying, and it seems like every girl is after Walker. The beginning was good but towards the end it got really boring, Taylor keeps landing herself in trouble and her “stubbornness” isnt really her being strong, rather being immature. The story is about a girl Taylor who recently lost her mother, she st
Antonella
Linda ~ they got the mustard out! ~
DNF at 16%

I didn't connect with the writing style or the characters at all. It was just too ... ordinary. The opening had some promise, but everything felt so surface level. I could see the characters being moved around the board by the author and being told they felt this and that, but I didn't feel it myself. Plus, as of 16%, I had a pretty good idea where this plot was going to go and skipping ahead randomly to chapter 30 confirmed it. Not interested in this kind of story right now. Not after
Korrie’s Korner
5 Short Stack stars!

This story had everything! Simply unputdownable! Walker and Taylor were everything I needed, and I loved the fire that burned under their skin from day 1. Both having broken pasts full of heartbreaking pain, eventually allowed their walls to crumble into dust allowing the other in...to love again. I love how this book had mystery, suspense, an amazing family dynamic, and did I mention the steam between Walk & Taylor aka ShortStack. I’m excited to dive into book 2!
Shelby
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After she loses her mom to cancer, Taylor moves to Sutter Lake, a small town in Oregon, to escape her reality and deal with her overwhelming grief. Taylor meets the Cole family—their daughter Jensen offers Taylor a job at her local tea shop and the Coles offer their guest cabin on their property for Taylor to stay in. Some peace and quiet, along with small town hospitality is exactly what Taylor needs.

Walker Cole lost the woman he was supposed to marry years ago and ever since he hasn’t been ab

• Ache
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Waterfront Café
  • The Last Letter
  • Falling for Mr. Wrong Series: Books 1 - 3
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • Courted by a Cowboy (Texas Sweethearts, #1)
  • Rifts & Refrains (Hush Note, #2)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Baking With A Rockstar (Mitchell Brothers, #1)
  • Forgiven (The Nash Brothers, #2)
  • Repeat (Larsen Bros #1)
  • Wait For Me
  • Confessions of a Naughty Nanny (The Baileys #6)
  • Tangle (Dogwood Lane, #2)
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
  • Indefinite (Salvation, #6; The Indefinite Duet, #1)
  • Best of Intentions
See top shelves…
Writer of words. Drinker of Diet Cokes. Lover of all things cute and furry, especially her dog. Catherine has had her nose in a book since the time she could read and finally decided to write down some of her own stories. When she's not writing she can be found exploring her home state of Oregon, listening to true crime podcasts, or searching for her next book boyfriend. ...more

Sutter Lake (5 books)
  • Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)
  • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
  • Beautifully Broken Control (Sutter Lake, #4)
  • Beautifully Broken Redemption (Sutter Lake, #5)