Start by marking “Stormsong (The Kingston Cycle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stormsong (The Kingston Cycle, #2)

Stormsong

(The Kingston Cycle #2)

After spinning an enthralling world in Witchmark, praised as a "can't-miss debut" by Booklist, C. L. Polk continues the story in Greystar. Magical cabals, otherworldly avengers, and impossible love affairs conspire to create a book that refuses to be put down.

Avia Jessup is a fallen heiress with a press card and a camera, trying to break out of the leisure pages when she's
Published February 11th 2020 by Tor.com

To ask other readers questions about Stormsong, please sign up.
Quartzen I have checked with the author and it's coming out in February 2020 under the title Stormsong! I'm sad it's not this year but I'm sure it will be…moreI have checked with the author and it's coming out in February 2020 under the title Stormsong! I'm sad it's not this year but I'm sure it will be worth the wait!(less)

Start your review of Stormsong (The Kingston Cycle, #2)
Lulu (the library leopard)
hell yeah i'm rating this 5 stars without having read it fuck off with your lesbophobia!
Silvia
Apr 27, 2019 marked it as anticipated-2020  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read the first book in the series yet but I can't wait to catch up so I can read this book with a F/F ROMANCE! I love SAPPHIC WOMEN and I love reading about WOMEN LOVING WOMEN wow, in fact I don't get how anyone would NOT want to read about WOMEN BEING GIRLFRIENDS!!!

Imagine shitting on a whole romantic genre, therefore shitting on a whole very real and very stigmatized and underrepresented community of women??? Imagine giving a book one star because it's going to be f/f? Ahah who the
Bradley
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-shelf, fantasy
I admit I was super thrilled to get ahold of this after enjoying Witchmark so much. As a beautifully written fantasy/intrigue/romance with all the hallmarks of a late King George's England, (Aleland, that is,) it was super stiff-upper-lipped, bursting with repressed emotion, and it ended on a VERY strong magical note.

This sequel, however, has a very different tone. Yes, if you're looking for an F/F romance to match the M/M romance of the first, I'm sure you'll enjoy it... eventually... but the
Mel (Epic Reading)
eARC APPROVED! Thank you TOR!
Witchmark was one of my fave novels last year and I can’t wait to visit this world again. So excited for this one!
Leo
Jan 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Grace wasn’t exactly my favourite Witchmark character but I’m too curious about the aftermath of the events of the previous book to let this one pass.

Also it’s an FF romance () .

Ps: I don’t get why some readers/reviewers are rating this book 1 just because of the FF romance. Like WTF, FF romance isn’t disappointing at all.
I hope the third book will be about an aro-ace spec baker and an enby witch just to piss you off even more. #cake
Elizabeth
Loved this sequel! Fantastical, thoughtful, and un-put-downable, I flew through STORMSONG and want the third in the series NOW.
Acqua
Sep 24, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yff, tbr-sequels, q, adult
An f/f sequel to one of my favorite books of this year!
I can't wait [and also that cover is gorgeous I love purple]
Gillian
Apr 25, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Adding this to my TBR because I've heard great things about this series, and to offset all the stupid comments about f/f pairings. Read it or don't, but stop being assholes because you a) hate lesbians and b) don't think they should have rich adventures, great sex and all the love they deserve. Fuck off with that shit.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
after how much I loved Witchmark, I absolutely can't wait for this sequel — I think it's focusing on the lead character's sister and I think? she's also sapphic? I don't know dudes don't ask me but I'm EXCITE
Summer
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hate it when main characters change in a series I wanted more of Miles and Tristan. ...more
Melikka
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If people think they can "1-Star" a book without having read it, because it doesn't meet their levels of m/m-romance fetish... then, let me take this chance to give it 5 Stars in advance to support
- an incredibly talented author
- an incredibly beautiful series
- an incredibly strong, faceted female protagonist

Thanks for coming to my TED-Talk.
✨    jamieson   ✨
I wasn't 100% sure if I would read this since bk1 had it's own ending and that was just an "I liked it" book for me, but then I found out this is about Grace getting a girlfriend so now I'm definitely reading it
Isabel
Jul 03, 2019 marked it as anticipated-releases  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wlw
I'm just a simple lesbian who wants to see Grace slapped with the real world and grow into a character I can love, and it helps when the real world rides on the back of charismatic and clever reporter who I DID love in Witchmark.
Christine Sandquist (eriophora)
Full review to come! I liked the romance, especially Avia, but it was hard to accept how everyone just forgave Grace for how awful she was to Miles in the first book. The ending was also quite abrupt. That said, the plot and writing quality were both great on the whole. 3.5/5 stars, really.
E.D. Walker
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually rate books I haven't read yet, but people are one-starring a book they haven't read that isn't even out yet (like it's not even at the galley or ARC phase yet) just because it features a romance between two women.

I loved the first book in the series and I can't wait to read this one!
Alex Alden
Dec 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely *loved* the first book, but the fact that this one is changing main characters puts it immediately into my "will not read" pile. I was really looking forward to having more story for Miles and Tristan.
Alli
Dec 26, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, 2020-tbr
Advanced copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley. RTC.

I detested Grace for most of the first book so I'm very interested to see if she can overcome that in this one.
USOM
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
(Disclaimer: I received this book from Netgalley. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

Stormsong continues the fabulous and atmospheric world building from Witchmark, while expanding on the tension. Continuing to balance the actions of the past as well as the pursuit of our future lies firmly on Grace's shoulders. Stormsong is a book that revolves not only around political tension or an electric romance, but around Grace's struggle to figure out who she wants to be.
Megan
[weeps openly in Gay at 3 in the morning]

CL Polk is just.... really, really good at writing books, and I love Dame Fiona Grace Hensley with my ENTIRE heart. I'll write a real review when I'm no longer crying and have gotten some sleep.

When I finished, I just sat on my bed at 3 in the morning, weeping, because C.L. Polk is very good at writing books. At maintaining a slow but intense pace, at forging characters who are real and tired and clever and make mistakes, at stringing you along with
Ashley
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I am continuing with the Witchmark series which I started because of the gorgeous cover. I love the covers and the magics in this world. Miles and Grace are wonderful characters and have come to see the world outside of their father's purview.

This is a unique sort of fantasy, which feels historical, maybe steampunk. Each
c, (½ of readsrainbow)
On my blog.

Rep: wlw mc & li, mlm side characters

Galley provided by publisher

It would be safe to say that I should have seen this coming. While I liked book 1, it was nothing special for me. And it was nothing special in aspects that are unlikely to change in book 2. So, really, this is not a surprise rating.

Stormsong continues pretty much from where Witchmark left off. The aether network has been destroyed, its workings exposed, and the Amaranthines have come to glare menacingly at the
Alexia Cambaling
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Many thanks to NetGalley and Tor Books!

Warning: May contain spoilers

Stormsong is the sequel to Witchmark which is a book I really enjoyed last year. In the first book, Grace’s brother Miles, a war veteran and doctor was the protagonist and together they uncovered the dark secret that their father and many members of the upper class have hidden from them and the public. In this book, those secrets are starting to come out and
LycanGalen
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Witchmark. It is the book I have to tell everyone to read, regardless of their genre preferences. I'm curious to see how the story plays out from the perspective of Grace. I didn't like her much in Witchmark (we weren't supposed to) but considering the fallout from that book, it only makes sense to follow the character most entwined in that society. I'm excited to see where it goes.

I'm disappointed by how many people think changing main characters ruins a story. Some of my favorite things
Emma Cathryne
Paige Morgan
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Witchmark was brilliant, and this will be, too. Take your lesbophobia elsewhere.
Mel
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If people are giving this 1 star because it's about gay women then I get to give it 5 stars for the same reason simple as that
Lisa The Novel Approach
Stormsong is the sequel to author C.L. Polk’s outstanding debut novel, Witchmark, a book that impressed me so immensely it ended up being one of my favorite reads of 2018. Thus, the two most pressing questions I had going into this novel were, one, would Stormsong live up to the excellence of Witchmark, and two, would Grace live up to her name. The answer to both is an emphatic yes.

The country of Aeland is facing a climate crisis as well as being in desperate need of an alternative energy source
jess
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lesbophobia? not on my watch!
Jason Bennett
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jimmity cricket I cannot wait!!

• The Will and the Wilds
  • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • Riot Baby
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5)
  • Alone in the Wild (Rockton, #5)
  • Belle Révolte
  • Silver in the Wood (The Greenhollow Duology, #1)
  • The Glass Hotel
  • Prosper's Demon
  • The Secret Chapter (The Invisible Library #6)
  • Docile
  • The Hanged Man (The Tarot Sequence, #2)
  • A Madness of Sunshine
  • The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • The Wonder Engine (Clocktaur War #2)
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death

The Kingston Cycle (2 books)
  • Witchmark (The Kingston Cycle, #1)