Start by marking “Cards of Love: The Emperor” as Want to Read:
Cards of Love: The Emperor

Cards of Love: The Emperor

Fawn Bailey presents The Emperor, a STANDALONE full-length dark romance novel.

In Venice, Italy, a world of cursed diamonds, hidden secrets and twisted fantasies awaits a star-crossed couple who were meant to be together. But can they work together to bring down a villain? And will their love survive it all... or break into a thousand pieces?

GINGER
I've always been a
ebook, 1st Edition, 223 pages
Published October 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cards of Love, please sign up.

Start your review of Cards of Love: The Emperor
Jade Violet
I would love to say that I was as hooked on this book as the preceding ones in this series and YEs I do consider it a series when half the romance took place in another character's book...

But something was off for me. Maybe it's my complete adoration of Kain in the earlier books, maybe it's the fact that Ginger never wowed me before or maybe it's the fact that it sells itself as danger lurking and a trap set only to go kaput when the two sisters finally meet.

I did love the backdrop of Venice and
Coco.V
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/19/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

GINGER
I've always been a pawn. That stops now. I'm ready to play. I'm ready to win.
My past is catching up with me. I left everything behind twice - first, when my sister killed her twin and
Aycan
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
He was like a drug that I got addicted to time and time again. I needed to stay away, for my own good.

description

In that moment, holding her in my arms, I knew I'd found my happily ever after. She was it for me, the end of the line. She was what I'd been searching for my entire life, and I was never going to stop loving her.

"I love you, my little treasure. It's time for you to become my empress. I want you by my side forever."

I could keep her in my arms and treat her like the queen she was for the
⭐ Emerson ⭐
Free on Amazon!
Debbie
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really looking forward to Ryker’s Story and I did really enjoy it BUT the Daddy bits really got on my nerves and completely spoilt it for me, sorry, I know some people love ‘Daddy’ books but unfortunately I’m not one of them, Loved their other nicknames and Really wanted to leave more stars but the Daddy bits I just couldn’t get around, it just didn’t feel right or suit Ryker! Couldn’t understand the gentleman club bit either? Thought other men seeing her would be the last thing he would d ...more
Xavier Neal
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read if you enjoy...Mob/Mafia, BDSM, Dark Romances, Plot Twists, and HEA.

Side Note: This was interesting and dark and explored some depths as well as unusual elements that I thought gave this story an extra awesome kick. The pacing was well done, the back story at places seemed to drag just a bit, but overall it was worth it and added value to the book. And the sex scenes were perfect not only for the characters for the darker element of the novel all together. Total recommend.
Meggie
3 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Quick review because I don’t have a lot to say...

The whole daddy kink angle wasn’t OTT (which was a positive for me) and all the sex scenes were super hot with some seriously scorching dirty talk. I also bought into Ginger and Ryker’s devotion to each other, which was important considering this was a second-chance romance.

The problem? The rest was just meh, especially the characters. They just weren’t very... deep. The story started well, with a suspenseful pace, but then things ju
Sharon
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
The Emperor is billed as a standalone, but they are characters from prior books and so it is hard to get their connection in this book. This is also a Daddy book, which was unexpected since it was not mentioned in the blurb.

I’m a bit conflicted about this book since I didn’t feel their connection and the way the secret is revealed seemed a bit forced. There was a huge buildup to the event and then it was so unexpected when the secret is revealed. Then it kinda felt like things weren’t resolved.
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What a freaking read. OMG. This story takes a few twists and turns to light and you really have no idea what is going to happen until really the end. But what a ride it is.

Ryker is the Emperor he buys and sells things which in most cases has curses. Which he really could care less about. But his main thing is finding the one girl that he is in love with.

Ginger is in hiding. There are some major issues when it comes to her family but she doesn't even really know the half of it. When she fin
Jenny B
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything that kept my mind going and left me slightly unsettled. Fawn Bailey did an amazing job bringing readers into this world and with some seriously twisted characters. The premise was incredibly original and this did not disappoint
Kelly
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story had different elements to it. Ginger and Ryker have a past, and it catches up to them again when they meet under the most unusual circumstances. It never fully explained why they broke up to begin with.
The Emperor was a good read, it just seemed to be missing something.
Faith89
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it

This story is full of suspense, mystery and sexy love scenes. Ginger and Ryker are characters from another book. I did not read the previous story but did not feel as if I was missing anything. In this story, Ginger is involved in a cat and mouse game with a murderer. The murderer just happens to be her sister. They have unfinished business and things will have to come to a head. The mystery and plot twists will keep you turning the page. Dark romance with some BDSM.

I received a free copy of thi
Ana Rita
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nervous doesn't even covered the way I was feeling when I received this new book.
Fawn Bailey has given us some intense and dark books to read and I knew that this one would be impressive and intense. Her writing is raw and intense, surrounded by darkness and desire... Just get ready.
Have you read any book from her? If you haven't you really should but in this case you should read Gilded Cage series first and then read this one. You need to know how this started.
The Emperor is her latest relea
RoseyLovesBooks
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ryker Marino creates a new life for himself in Venice as The Emperor but success and money means nothing without the beautiful Ginger. Ryker has tried to find Ginger plenty of times but she's disappeared without a trace. Ginger Adley is content to work in a flower shop to make time pass while she tries to forget her past. That is, until a box arrives for Ginger with a note from her sister Astor seeking revenge for Ginger's betrayal. Ginger's search for Astor leads her Venice, Italy, where she go ...more
Sheena
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark and compelling..

One dark and compelling series... so many talented authors and the Emperor is a perfect addition...

The world this author has created, originally in the Gilded Cage series, is a wonderful rich tapestry with complex and twisted characters. The Emperor is an emotionally detached and dominant personality but there is one woman, in the past who broke through his walls.. and then there is Ginger an innocent abroad who escaped all the badness once but is pulled back in on the turn
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
Holy hotness. What a sinful little read! The Emperor really got my attention right from the first page. Actually, it actually got my interest as soon as I saw that cover. How gorgeous is it? Those eyes!!! This book was one of my highly anticipated books this month, and Fawn Bailey did not disappoint me. It was dark, delicious and SO GOOD!

Ryker is from the Gilded Cage series. He has been wanting his lady love back since she went from his life. He is an older man compared to Ginger. He is such a
Wendy
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for The Emperor

The Emperor is the first book in the Cards of Love series. Each book is written by a different author and can all be read independently as the stories are all connected by the tarot cards.

I was excited to start this series as I am obsessed a bit by stories written around the cards of the tarot. This story had an amazing start, it started quickly and moved just as fast. The climax however fell short. It all came together and made sense but the build-up was more than the
Linda Barrett
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
"My Little Treasure "

What a fantastic book The Emperor is.
This definitely kept me on my toes throughout with all its twists and turns.
Ryker and Ginger have an interesting story to tell us that will hook you in from the very beginning.
It's a fast paced binge worthy book with a few surprises along the way.
It was really nice to see a different side of Ryker that really made you see him and how he was with Ginger made my heart sing.
I absolutely loved this book and I highly recommend you one click i
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am intrigued by the Cards of Love series where each book is based on a tarot card. And I have to say that Fawn Bailey delivers on all fronts with The Emperor. We get a second-chance love story with Ginger and Ryker, then there is mystery and intrigue surrounding Ginger's family history, and of course we get the deliciously dirty scenes between Ryker and Ginger. We first met Ginger and Ryker in the Gilded Cage series but here their story really takes root and becomes the love story that it shou ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ryder lost the love of his life years before, but that love has never died, and his search for her is endless. Ginger comes back into his life when she is searching for her sister. This is a well written flawless story, which is filled with lies, secrets, emotion, truth, and is a sexy and intense read. I highly recommend this talented authors’ work for all readers!
Veronica LaRoche
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m so excited that this was Ryker’s story. I liked him in the Gilded Cage series and love getting more of him. Ryker’s one mistake was letting Ginger go but now he’s determined to make her his again. Ginger can’t have a future until she deals with her past. I don’t want too give anything away, I’ll I’m going to say is you need to one click this book.
Melissa Ledet
Great Read

This book is one hot read. Love how fiercely Ryker The Emperor and Ginger love each other. Love all the twist and turns and can't wait to read about other character in the books to come. A great read.
Samantha James
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ryker and Ginger's story is full of second chances, mysteries, dangers fron the past and the emotions related to all of these. In this book we find out more about Ginger than what we learned when we met her when she looked after Ophelia. Loved the book and highly recommend it.
Ana Oh
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh

This author can really, really write. Unfortunately, this wasn’t my favorite book by her.

It seemed fragmented.

I would’ve really interested in reading the story of the boy who escaped the stoning (omitting names so this won’t become a spoiler).
Amanda Rowell
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed Ginger and Ryker's story, very interesting to see how things played out. This book was hot and sexy.
Elizabeth
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, kindle-books
so glad Ryker got his HEA
Nicole Mcclain
It was okay.

It wasn't so much a dark romance as it was a dirty romance. And the blurb had me thinking this story was going to go in a different direction.
There were things that I liked about the book. Ryker's loyalty and devotion to Ginger. The twist on about the sister. And the sex scenes where pretty hot. But...
I'm not a person that likes to hear the word "Daddy" in the bedroom. That's just not my thing. Dirty talk is one thing but just the name being called out, it makes my skin crawl. Seco
Emily Eck
Apr 02, 2019 marked it as didn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
I didn't feel like this was a standalone. It seemed like there was a lot of back story I was missing that would've made this book worth finishing.
KittyLuvr
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Weirdly enough this story just missed for me. I do think it is well written, the plot was interesting but seemed (again, to me) as though it drew inspiration from multiple books I read long ago, Shirley Jackson's 'We Have Always Lived in the Castle' comes to mind for one. It seemed too as though many of the things that did bring a very strong sense of 'creepy/scary' to the story: Tarot cards & notes of threat from an unsigned person, an infamous cursed blue diamond, an unknown person orchestrati ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Hanged (Savage Men, #5)
  • Cards Of Love - Queen Of Pentacles
  • Cards of Love: The High Priestess
  • Cards of Love: Knight of Wands
  • Cards of Love: The Pope
  • Confess
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Three (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #3)
  • Cards of Love: The Tower
  • Lost Petal
  • The Devil (Devil's Playground, #1)
  • Cards of Love: Seven of Swords
  • Cards of Love: Three of Swords
  • Stolen (The Taken Duet, #1)
  • Devil's Captive (Fallen Dynasty #1)
  • Cards of Love: Judgment
  • Provoke (Protect, #0.5)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • My Sweet Songbird (Requested Trilogy, #3)