Start by marking “Cards of Love: The Emperor” as Want to Read:
Cards of Love: The Emperor

Cards of Love: The Emperor

Releasing October 2018!

To ask other readers questions about Cards of Love, please sign up.

Aycan
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
He was like a drug that I got addicted to time and time again. I needed to stay away, for my own good.

description

In that moment, holding her in my arms, I knew I'd found my happily ever after. She was it for me, the end of the line. She was what I'd been searching for my entire life, and I was never going to stop loving her.

"I love you, my little treasure. It's time for you to become my empress. I want you by my side forever."

I could keep her in my arms and treat her like the queen she was for the r
Xavier Neal
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read if you enjoy...Mob/Mafia, BDSM, Dark Romances, Plot Twists, and HEA.

Side Note: This was interesting and dark and explored some depths as well as unusual elements that I thought gave this story an extra awesome kick. The pacing was well done, the back story at places seemed to drag just a bit, but overall it was worth it and added value to the book. And the sex scenes were perfect not only for the characters for the darker element of the novel all together. Total recommend.
Debbie
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really looking forward to Ryker’s Story and I did really enjoy it BUT the Daddy bits really got on my nerves and completely spoilt it for me, sorry, I know some people love ‘Daddy’ books but unfortunately I’m not one of them, Loved their other nicknames and Really wanted to leave more stars but the Daddy bits I just couldn’t get around, it just didn’t feel right or suit Ryker! Couldn’t understand the gentleman club bit either? Thought other men seeing her would be the last thing he would d ...more
Meggie
3 stars ⭐⭐⭐

Quick review because I don’t have a lot to say...

The whole daddy kink angle wasn’t OTT (which was a positive for me) and all the sex scenes were super hot with some seriously scorching dirty talk. I also bought into Ginger and Ryker’s devotion to each other, which was important considering this was a second-chance romance.

The problem? The rest was just meh, especially the characters. They just weren’t very... deep. The story started well, with a suspenseful pace, but then things just
Sharon
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
The Emperor is billed as a standalone, but they are characters from prior books and so it is hard to get their connection in this book. This is also a Daddy book, which was unexpected since it was not mentioned in the blurb.

I’m a bit conflicted about this book since I didn’t feel their connection and the way the secret is revealed seemed a bit forced. There was a huge buildup to the event and then it was so unexpected when the secret is revealed. Then it kinda felt like things weren’t resolved.
♥️Fantasy Land Blog Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What a freaking read. OMG. This story takes a few twists and turns to light and you really have no idea what is going to happen until really the end. But what a ride it is.

Ryker is the Emperor he buys and sells things which in most cases has curses. Which he really could care less about. But his main thing is finding the one girl that he is in love with.

Ginger is in hiding. There are some major issues when it comes to her family but she doesn't even really know the half of it. When she finall
Jenny B
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything that kept my mind going and left me slightly unsettled. Fawn Bailey did an amazing job bringing readers into this world and with some seriously twisted characters. The premise was incredibly original and this did not disappoint
Chari™97

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2A6ZklL
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2Eg0T4N
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2A7Cmeq

Subscribe to our newsletter: https://goo.gl/SrUf3e
Or join our group: https://goo.gl/RpzyFd
Submit for free: https://goo.gl/MqqJv3
BDSM
Kathleen R.
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

I love how Fawn Bailey makes no apologies for her dark stories. How as dark as the subjects are, she revels in the complexity of her characters and how they thrive in the darkness.

As part of the Cards Of Love series, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from this book. The previous story I had read of this series, it was ‘cutesey’ and nothing like The Emperor. But I do have to admit that it took me way too long to finally figure out where I had met Ryker and Ginger before, which in a way, m
Ana Rita
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nervous doesn't even covered the way I was feeling when I received this new book.
Fawn Bailey has given us some intense and dark books to read and I knew that this one would be impressive and intense. Her writing is raw and intense, surrounded by darkness and desire... Just get ready.
Have you read any book from her? If you haven't you really should but in this case you should read Gilded Cage series first and then read this one. You need to know how this started.
The Emperor is her latest relea
RoseyLovesBooks
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ryker Marino creates a new life for himself in Venice as The Emperor but success and money means nothing without the beautiful Ginger. Ryker has tried to find Ginger plenty of times but she's disappeared without a trace. Ginger Adley is content to work in a flower shop to make time pass while she tries to forget her past. That is, until a box arrives for Ginger with a note from her sister Astor seeking revenge for Ginger's betrayal. Ginger's search for Astor leads her Venice, Italy, where she go ...more
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
Holy hotness. What a sinful little read! The Emperor really got my attention right from the first page. Actually, it actually got my interest as soon as I saw that cover. How gorgeous is it? Those eyes!!! This book was one of my highly anticipated books this month, and Fawn Bailey did not disappoint me. It was dark, delicious and SO GOOD!

Ryker is from the Gilded Cage series. He has been wanting his lady love back since she went from his life. He is an older man compared to Ginger. He is such a
Sheena
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark and compelling..

One dark and compelling series... so many talented authors and the Emperor is a perfect addition...

The world this author has created, originally in the Gilded Cage series, is a wonderful rich tapestry with complex and twisted characters. The Emperor is an emotionally detached and dominant personality but there is one woman, in the past who broke through his walls.. and then there is Ginger an innocent abroad who escaped all the badness once but is pulled back in on the turn
Linda Barrett
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
"My Little Treasure "

What a fantastic book The Emperor is.
This definitely kept me on my toes throughout with all its twists and turns.
Ryker and Ginger have an interesting story to tell us that will hook you in from the very beginning.
It's a fast paced binge worthy book with a few surprises along the way.
It was really nice to see a different side of Ryker that really made you see him and how he was with Ginger made my heart sing.
I absolutely loved this book and I highly recommend you one click i
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am intrigued by the Cards of Love series where each book is based on a tarot card. And I have to say that Fawn Bailey delivers on all fronts with The Emperor. We get a second-chance love story with Ginger and Ryker, then there is mystery and intrigue surrounding Ginger's family history, and of course we get the deliciously dirty scenes between Ryker and Ginger. We first met Ginger and Ryker in the Gilded Cage series but here their story really takes root and becomes the love story that it shou ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ryder lost the love of his life years before, but that love has never died, and his search for her is endless. Ginger comes back into his life when she is searching for her sister. This is a well written flawless story, which is filled with lies, secrets, emotion, truth, and is a sexy and intense read. I highly recommend this talented authors’ work for all readers!
Veronica LaRoche
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m so excited that this was Ryker’s story. I liked him in the Gilded Cage series and love getting more of him. Ryker’s one mistake was letting Ginger go but now he’s determined to make her his again. Ginger can’t have a future until she deals with her past. I don’t want too give anything away, I’ll I’m going to say is you need to one click this book.
Samantha James
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ryker and Ginger's story is full of second chances, mysteries, dangers fron the past and the emotions related to all of these. In this book we find out more about Ginger than what we learned when we met her when she looked after Ophelia. Loved the book and highly recommend it.
Melissa Ledet
Great Read

This book is one hot read. Love how fiercely Ryker The Emperor and Ginger love each other. Love all the twist and turns and can't wait to read about other character in the books to come. A great read.
Amanda Dubuque
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed Ginger and Ryker's story, very interesting to see how things played out. This book was hot and sexy.
Elizabeth
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books, own
so glad Ryker got his HEA
Nicole Mcclain
It was okay.

It wasn't so much a dark romance as it was a dirty romance. And the blurb had me thinking this story was going to go in a different direction.
There were things that I liked about the book. Ryker's loyalty and devotion to Ginger. The twist on about the sister. And the sex scenes where pretty hot. But...
I'm not a person that likes to hear the word "Daddy" in the bedroom. That's just not my thing. Dirty talk is one thing but just the name being called out, it makes my skin crawl. Seco
Katherine
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Weirdly enough this story just missed for me. I do think it is well written, the plot was interesting but seemed (again, to me) as though it drew inspiration from multiple books I read long ago, Shirley Jackson's 'We Have Always Lived in the Castle' comes to mind for one. It seemed too as though many of the things that did bring a very strong sense of 'creepy/scary' to the story: Tarot cards & notes of threat from an unsigned person, an infamous cursed blue diamond, an unknown person orchest ...more
Flow
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Hmm i enjoyed the reading but...here are some stuffs that didnt let me give 5 stars.

- there was a lot of times, in almost all of chapters things intrerupted. I mean i needed to know more lol. The chapters just ends and go to another about other stuff moving on lol.

- the reason for her be away 7 years its stupid honestly. She could told him it wasnt a big deal or maybe i dont know...be away only a few months??? Anyway....

- they see each other after all that time and they didnt even stay and talk
Scarlett Ian
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ryker - aka the Emperor - has not been able to get Ginger out of his mind since she left. He has spent years and endless amount of resources trying to find her but she has disappeared without a trace. Ginger has been living under the radar when she receives a box from her sister. Her sister who is supposed to be locked up in an asylum. When her past brings her back into contact with Ryker, Ginger can no longer deny that she is still not over him.

We met the heroine & Hero previously in the G
CS
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once in a while, I’m lucky enough to pick up a book that has everything right about it. This was such a book!
Full of good concise and clear writing with a moderate to fast paced storyline. I loved the way the author introduces the Emperor and the mystery with the cursed diamond. The detail of Astor being present, and the Emperor’s inner dialogue of their history and of his deep feelings for his lost Love, Ginger provided so much information in just s few paragraphs! Well done!
By the time Ginger
SBee Reviews
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
~ The Emperor finally finds his Queen ~

This standalone book is a part of the “Cards of Love” series inspired by tarot cards, one of many I hope to read! Please note that Ryker & Ginger first appeared in this author’s Gilded Cage series.

Weakened by the loss of most of his family members, Ryker earns himself the title of “Emperor” after starting over on another continent and has been most successful for the last seven years. His only regret? He cannot neither forget nor find any trace of his
Barbara
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ryker and Astor are a couple, though he is not in love. Ginger is a girl with a tragic past trying to live a quiet, anonymous life until one day a package arrives from her estranged sister. The one she’s been hiding from. Ryker is pining for his ex, Astor is seeking revenge on her sister. Little do they know that she is the same person.

The story is on the dark side and there is plenty of steamy daddy-dom action but it was a bit underdeveloped and at times I felt it was rushed. I found myself say
Amy
Dirty-talking hotness with lots of action

I got so excited when I realized this is about Ginger and Ryker from the Gilded Cage series. It’s seven years after those dramatic events in FLIGHT, and someone is going to a lot of trouble to reunite Ginger and Ryker. But is to hurt or help them?

There’s a lot of story in this book (maybe too much at times?), so it’s fast-paced and full of twists and turns. The heat factor is a scorching 5/5, with raw, rough, intense sex and both Ryker and Ginger dirty-t