Start by marking “Mae's Cafe (Welcome To Chance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mae's Cafe (Welcome To Chance, #1)

Mae's Cafe

(Welcome to Chance #1)

In Chance, Connecticut, it’s about living the small-town life. Here everyone knows everybody’s business. Gossip and drama spreads like wildfire in this town.

But I’m happy here, content with my little café where locals come together. Even the rich wives-club have their own corner where they can sit around and swap gossip stories. Luckily, I’ve managed to stay off their rada
Published September 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Mae's Cafe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mae's Cafe

Start your review of Mae's Cafe (Welcome To Chance, #1)
Jen
I found this book to be both sappy and pretentious. I absolutely could not bring myself to finish it. In fact, it was all I could do to make it past the Prologue, which ended: "So, without further ado, Welcome to Chance..."
Coco.V
Jul 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/19/2019)! 🎁
CeCe
Heroine: Mae - 26 years old, cafe owner, small town.
Hero: William - 56 years old, writer. Car broke down while he was driving through a small town named Chance.
He decided to stay and write a story about characters in the town Chance where his car broke down.

Written in third person. The writing was dry and pretentious. The switch in POVs in the middle of chapters without a break did not help me connect. The story jumped without any notice. The reader would get information, but you were not sure h
Maria Carvalho
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mae's Café is a thoroughly entertaining read that hooked me quickly and was difficult to put down. Elsa Kurt deftly spins a charming tale whose characters feel completely authentic, as does the endearing small town in which it is set. The romance story of Mae and William is refreshingly wholesome, giving it the vibe of an old-school Hollywood romance, which perfectly compliments the story's sharp wit and genuine heart. There are a range of colorful characters, including a group of gossipy women ...more
Liz Delton
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book! I've never read this author before, but Mae's cafe is a really easy book to settle into. Coincidentally I live in Connecticut where this book is set in a fictional town. But it is so not fictional. The small town life Kurt writes is spot on. The drama and connections between the characters is real. I thoroughly enjoyed the romance and the tension and build and everything with Mae and William. I also really liked the "cafe" itself, it's like its own character :D I'm exci ...more
Lucinda Race
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful well crafted story of small town America and all the quirky locals.
Mae is a wonderful warm hearted woman who has so much to offer.
Feather Anne is a sweetheart- just longing to be loved.
And Mr. William Grant- sigh,
Dale
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
While I did love reading this book, I did find the writing to be a bit pretentious and unnecessarily so. I also didn't like how it changed POV right in the middle of the page without a line break to show that it was happening. Maybe it was just me.
Giselle
Aug 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
ARCs are available here: [closed - other review opportunities found here] ...more
Julie Rubacha
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you just want a nice easy read. An unpretentious, fresh wholesome story with good character development and a smooth flow. The Welcome to Chance series is all that and more. I look forward to reading the next in the series.
EducatedBookFreak
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a small town, sweet romance story that will melt your heart and give you hope again. The author accurately describes how small town life is and how quaint it is. I loved the characters and plot - it is described in a way that drags your attention into the story from the first word. This story is one that will stay with you for a long time. The “cafe” is another part of it that makes you wonder what else will happen.

Elsa and Kurt are people that are very real and heartfelt. You will
Jo
Oct 10, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
This is another one of those books where I am in the minority.  It happens.  Not every book can hit the spot for every reader.  It would be unrealistic to expect that to be the case.  But I am always disappointed when I have to write a review on a book that I was unable to finish. That's because if there was something about the synopsis that piqued my attention, and I haven't been sufficiently caught up in it to enjoy it until the last page, it feels like a missed opportunity.

This is one of thos
Moushmi Radhanpara
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute romantic tale set in the fictional town of Chance. I found the book rather engaging with the characters intricately drawn. However, I am certain the second book will be full of twist and turns between William and Mae.
Elsa Kurt
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It's funny to be rating your own book, but this'review' reflects my genuine love of writing this series & these characters. As a small-town girl, slipping into their world felt like second nature. I created Welcome to Chance because I've always loved the "quiet books" - stories that welcome you in and invite you to curl up with a glass of wine or cup of tea or coffee, so I hope I've captured the essence of that kind of story. If small town saga is your thing, you've come to the right place ;) ...more
Dashing Bling Read
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. For this to be a small town, every one has secrets. The author did a great job with this humorous read. When a much older writer name William wanted to write a book, he didn't image falling for twenty-four years old Mae.
It was definitely worth reading the loveable characters and their background stories.
Leah
So I guess this was a book? Alright fine it was pretty shitty.
Beth Ostrosky
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good read!

I truly enjoyed this love story. The characters were so amazing and well thought out. The plot was good with some twists and turns! Try it!
Lucia Kennedy
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

What an exciting view into small-town life, the characters wonderfully interacted with each other. Although Chance is fictitious, the town was brought to life vividly.
Meg
Sep 24, 2019
Kay L. Sears
Apr 10, 2020
Christine
rated it did not like it
Aug 11, 2019
Wendy grant
Oct 22, 2018

• Saved by a Soldier (Love Conquers Life, #1)
  • Anything for Love (Hunter Brothers, #1)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • The Best Man, Claiming Abigail, Book 1: An Enemies to Lovers Romance: (The Best Man Series)
  • Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch: The Magic Within, Vol. 1
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Pawns in the Bishop's Game (Checkmate #1)
  • Chasing Paige (Washington Guardians Hockey #2)
  • Staying Grounded (Rocky Harbor #1)
  • Carved in Ice (Made of Steel #3)
  • The Empty Nesters
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • Red Rain (Nameless #4)
  • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
  • Memories of Tomorrow (Nameless #6)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
Hello! I'm a multi-genre author of several books (and will probably always be writing more!) I'm also a married mom of two grown daughters, a total daydreamer, nature lover, avid gardener, flower-loving, proudly awkward as heck woman thoroughly enjoying this stage in my life.
I love to create strong female characters who don't stay in the lines and the male characters who love them for it. I also

Welcome to Chance (4 books)
  • Rosabelle's Way (Welcome to Chance Book 2)
  • Georgie's Secret (Welcome To Chance, #3)
  • A Season To Remember (Welcome To Chance, #2)