Start by marking “Double Shot” as Want to Read:
Double Shot

Double Shot

(The Rock Bottom Series #2)

How do you screw up your life in three steps? Easy.

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐧𝐞: Graduate from college with no prospective jobs lined up.

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐰𝐨: Move back home with your parents because no job unfortunately equals no money.

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: Forget to Facebook stalk the guy who broke your heart before accepting a job in a town that has a smaller population than a frat party on a Wednesday night
Published March 20th 2019

Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars
I have been waiting so long for a book in this series and it honestly couldn't have been better! I don't know what it is but I always read Holly's books in one sitting, I guess they are just that goooddd!!!

You say enemies to lovers and I'm there! Although these two weren't much of enemies, they tried to hate each other but it was pretty hard for them. It's also an office romance and brother's bestfriend, can you say this is the perfect trope combo? Hell yeah!
Just like I had l
Holly Renee
Jan 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Double Shot (The Rock Bottom Series, Book 2)

Release Date: March 20th
Cover Reveal: March 1st

★ADD TO GOODREADS: http://bit.ly/doubleshotgr
★BLOGGER SIGN-UP: http://bit.ly/2AR9Cq2
★READER REVIEW TEAM SIGN-UP: http://bit.ly/2QW6b6I
..................................................................................
How do you screw up your life in three steps? Easy.

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐧𝐞: Graduate from college with no prospective jobs lined up.

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐰𝐨: Move back home with your parents because no job unfortunately
Book Maniac Forever

5 "Sexy at the Office" Stars
Wow! Double Shot was an amazing read! I hadn’t read the first standalone novel in the Rock bottom series (I almost never read a series out of order but I couldn’t resist this one), but was easily immersed into this story! Holly Renee once again delivers the perfect blend of humour, emotion and crazy hot moments in this office romance. Have I told you it’s also a brother’s best friend romance, one of my favorite trope?

"I wanted to kiss the shit out of her and th
Na
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
”Falling for Jase would be like slipping into a lovely kind of déjà vu. He was like a drug. Addictive, dangerous, and destructive.”

Double Shot was my first book by Holly Renee and for sure it wasn’t my last. I really enjoyed reading Jase and Sophie’s story. It was entertaining with a great flow of the story, a perfect mix of humour, steam, friendship, family and character development. The characters are easy to connect with and the chemistry of Jase and Sophie was more than obvious. I loved the
Imani Blake (Enamored Reads)
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“‘Tell me you aren’t trouble.’ ‘I’m not trouble.’ Her hip cocked to the side just slightly, and I smiled. Trouble never looked so goddamn fine.”

Trouble indeed! You know who’s really going to be in trouble? Everyone who DEVOURS this book the way it deserves like I did! The one thing I’ve missed about Holly’s work is the way she makes it flow so EFFORTLESSLY! In Double Shot, you can’t help but fall for this enemies to lovers second romance tale that is MORE THAN ONE for the books! If you haven’t r
Vanessa (nessreads)
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 “Make it a Double” Stars

When I tell you the excitement is real, its because THE EXCITEMENT IS REAL. I’ve wanted Jase and Sophie’s book even before I was done reading Bottoms Up. As soon as Jase was introduced I NEEDED his story. He intrigued me and I needed more of his good-natured attitude. It was evident that there was “something” between him and Sophie and I desperately needed to know what that “something” was exactly. And I most defini
Chaimaa
Shelves: arc-reading
description

Let me start with saying that Holly is a new writer to me and I'm so glad I got to know her trough this book .
All this year I was so deep into dark romance and this book was the perfect getaway , this book was the lightest , the most fun read I had a year . Holly seriously wrote the perfect squealing , heartwarming book , It got second romance , office romance , Best friend sister which means every fun trope , I liked the charachters so much , Jase wasn't the manwhore who are boring us or the sw
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
3 Cranky Stars

There are very few series and authors that can build up a series with each book better than the last. I was hoping that double shot was as thrilling, emotional, and relatable as the first book in this series. The first book blew me away and sucked me in so much that I felt everything the characters did. Sadly, this book disappointed me. It didn’t hold its own. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoyed the authors writing and ability to story tell, but this one just didn’t draw me in and
letshaveakya
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh swoon my heart!!! Double Shot by Holly Renee is a 5 star read that I totally see myself reading again and again! She writes the best characters that are so easy to fall for and want to know in real life! This low angst, high feels read hits all the right marks with a contemporary read! Pack with feisty humor, emotions and chemistry, I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough!

Sophie and Jace are so easy to love that you never want to see them go. Sophie is full of fire and Jace is just a good all
Tracy
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so excited when I found out this was Jase and Sophie’s story! They were fantastically perfect for each other. Their chemistry was off the charts, and I loved their banter. Great read! I hope there will be more books with these characters!
Nicole
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite romance themes "Brother's best-friend/We shouldn't be together", so I knew I would like it. This story, like Holly's others, was easy to get involved in quickly. The story was great, characters were fun too. Jase and Sophie had an attraction back in high school, but Jase is best friends with Sophie's brother. They are both afraid of how her brother would feel about them as a couple. Once several years have passed and Sophie ends up working for Jase, the sparks fly bet ...more
Michelle Krystel
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advance readers copy of this book and have decided to write a voluntary honest review. I absolutely love this series, I love all the guys so far. Jase and, Sophie you could always tell a brothers best friend will be trouble. It's on off limit type of relationship, but sometimes if the feelings are real you should go for it.
Tammy  Zautner
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
3.5 Stars

I've been sitting on this review as I wasn't quite sure how to put it into words. I hate when I have high expectations for a book, and they fall through.

Jase and Sophia...while I liked you a lot I just couldn't fall in love with you. Not like past characters of Holly's. There's just somethin' holding me back from diving head over heels. I really, really wanted to give you a much higher rating. I'm sad that this didn't meet my expectations. This was a hard follow up to Brandon for me.

Do
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not a first read or review by this awesome Author! I was only slightly skeptical because I have a "thing" with younger Hero & Heroine's BUT but but, not saying that at times I run into a book that contains them and I loved it. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE BOOKS!! This 'Brother's Best Friend / Forbidden Story was absolutely addictive, funny, passionate and beautiful. One of the great parts about this Author is her writing, I don't know if you notice or not but if there is no smooth transitions or wor ...more
Ashley Estep
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Double Shot is what I need of this book! Jase and Sophie I love them!

Double Shot was a quick, easy read, that had drama, angst, and hotness to keep me going. Jase is Sophie’s brother’s best friend, he loves her, she loves him but he hurt her when she was younger and she doesn’t want to give him another chance. Trucker is the only family Jase has and he didn’t want to ruin it by dating Sophie.

“He only gets one shot with me and it sure as hell wasn’t a double.”

Sophie gets a job working at the
Crissy
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Double Shot was such a fantastic story and I absolutely loved it. I loved all of the characters in this story but of course, Sophie and Jase were my favorites. They had that undeniable chemistry and attraction from the very beginning and I knew their story would be one that would not disappoint. I absolutely enjoyed their back and forth banter and their Missy Elliot singing moments. There were sweet, steamy and funny moments throughout this story but there was also a bit of drama. Sophie's mom w ...more
Konny
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Double Shot by Holly Renee is book two in her Rock Bottom Series. Every book in the series is about another coupls, without cliffhanger, a standalone.
The previous book, Bottoms Up tells Tucker and Kennedy's story and I loved Rock Bopttom, simply as that.
Double Shot tells Sophie and Jase's compluicated story.
Sophie Moore is a young woman with her first job. And her new boss is her secrte, or not so secret cush Jase Hale. Jase is her brother's best friend and he believes she's off limits. Only he'
Vickie
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading Bottoms Up I couldn’t wait for Jase and Sophie’s book and it definitely didn’t disappoint.

Sophie and Jase have a history. As Sophie’s brother Tucker’s best friend, they’ve obviously grown up around each other but one night changed all that and they’ve spent the following years trying to hate each other. Thrown back together when Sophie goes for a job at Jases company, the sexual chemistry between these two just gets hotter and hotter the more time they spend together.

Bot
Kat's Books & Brews
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

One of my favorite tropes is best friend’s little sister. It’s hot and sometimes forbidden which makes it so much better! Holly pulled out all the stops for this one, not only do we get best friend’s little sister, but also office romance! HELLO, SIGN ME UP!

As always with a Renee novel I devoured it. Her books have a way of sucking me in and I can’t stop till I reach the end. I was looking forward to this book from the minute their interaction happened in Bottoms Up (5 star read BTW).

Jace and
Latifa Morrisette
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Moving back to live with her parents is something Sophie thought would happen after college, but with no job prospects she has no choice. When she accepts a job working for Jase, her brother's best friend, things get even more complicated. When the high school feelings she had for him resurface will they fat e what's between them or continue to deny them? Jase and Sophie are perfect together. I love how they're chemistry is explosive. I can't wait to read more from this author!
Tersea
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this read. Jace and Sophie were awesome together. I love Sophie’s laid back attitude and Jace was such a sweetheart.
Stefanie Kral
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
✯✯4 Double Stars!!✯✯

I absolutely loved loved the first book in this series and had been waiting not so patiently for one of Tucker and Kennedy’s friends to get their story. Tucker’s sister and best friend Jase. They were hardly in book one, so I had no idea what to expect going into this.

When Sophie turned 18 she threw herself a party at one of her parents houses. When she had enough liquid courage she made her move. She’s been in love with Jase for as long as she can remember but he’d look
Sandra De Gouveia
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Red Reader
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I love the tension of off-limits, we can't be together, brother's friend , workplace romance type of stories. I also love the angsty moments that rip your heart open where everything good seems to unravel with a single phone call, unasked questions, and the misunderstandings that come with jumping to conclusions. Those are the reasons I love this story!

With that being said, I have a couple if things that I struggled with and held me back from a higher rating. This is the second story in the Rock
Michelle
4.5 Stars

I really, really enjoyed this book! Just like the first book I devoured this book. I loved how everything just flows. Jase and Sophie were the perfect enemy to lovers! I was also laughing at some of the things both these characters would say!!! They were to much!

Once things started up between them! It was soooo hot! They just went full on in the office!
They were pretty reckless with their sexcapades in the work place. Moaning, and grunting and little squeals. All during working hours.
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Sophie and Jase used to be friends. BEst friends with her older brother, Sophie always tagged along. But, when she wanted more on her 18th birtday, Jase backed away thinking he was doing the right thing by his friend as well as by Sohpie and their relationship changed forever.

But now, Sophie needs a job and the architecture firm Jase works in is hiring. Both know its a bad idea to work together, specially since Jase will be her boss, but neither has a real reason to say no to the plan.

As things
We like it big book blog
4.5 Stars

Jennifer Pierson
Sophie has had a thing for her older brother's best friend, Jase since she was a teenager, and at her 18th birthday party, she made her move. It didn't work out well, and she ended up hating him for several years after. After college, she couldn't find a job, so she had to come back home, and the only place that would give her a shot in her field, was the firm that Jase worked for, so now she had to try & play nice. However, it seemed that he was harboring some extreme mean feelings of his o ...more
Ashley
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
Double Shot, book 2 in the Rock Bottom Series is here and didn't disappoint!

This book focuses on Sophie, Tucker's younger sister and his best friend Jase. Having known each other since they were young, Sophie got her wish when on her 18th birthday she hooked up with Jase. However, it was cut short when Tucker went looking for his sister leaving Jase scrambling to get dressed and split before big brother showed up... This left Sophie heartbroken and hating that boy she once wanted.

Fast forward 5
Ashley
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
Make it a Double

Double Shot, book 2 in the Rock Bottom Series is here and didn't disappoint!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
I'm Holly Renee.
I'm an Amazon best-selling author of sexy, contemporary romance, a Harry Potter fanatic, a body positive babe, and a boy mom.

When I'm not writing, you can find me reading all the books, taking long strolls down the aisles of Ulta, or Hanging out with my two favorite boys.

All of my novels are available on Kindle Unlimited.

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2EmyBlD
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2BF

The Rock Bottom Series (2 books)
  • Bottoms Up (The Rock Bottom Series, #1)