Jump to ratings and reviews

Dark Days #1

Dark Days: Semester 1

A vampire desperate to escape his past. A wolf shifter determined to protect her future.

A killer on the loose.

One year ago, wolf shifter Emma accepted her dream job teaching PE at a Norwegian international school, finally freeing herself from her mother’s incessant matchmaking. As the alpha’s heir, walking away from her pack, from her obligations—potentially even her fated mate­—weighed heavy on her heart. But deep down, she knew it was the right decision.

Unfortunately, her sacrifice may have been for nothing—because the new history teacher has fangs.

With a reputation for kidnapping and selling shifters to research labs, a vampire is the last thing Emma needs in her life, but she refuses to be intimidated. This is her territory and she’s not going anywhere, so that grumpy, gorgeous vampire can suck it.

Forced together at a prestigious boarding school, two supernatural enemies are torn between ripping each other’s clothes off…

And ripping each other apart.

Eager for a fresh start, vampire Calder accepts an invitation to teach history at a private school above the Arctic Circle. Its remote location appeals to his sensibilities, and years of practice have taught him how to charm his human colleagues, but a certain gym teacher is seriously trying his last nerve.

All Calder wants to do is teach, so if the strikingly beautiful shifter refuses to see him as anything but the big bad vampire, perhaps he ought to lean into the part and really give her a show.

As summer turns to winter, humans disappear from nearby villages, gone without a trace and presumed missing—or worse.

Only one thing is certain: there are dark days ahead.

Even for creatures of the night.

Published December 1, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Liz Meldon

33 books333 followers
Liz is a Canadian author who grew up in the Middle East. She has a degree in Bioarchaeology from Western University, and when she isn't writing about her own snarky characters, she is reading about other people’s snarky characters, babying her herb garden, loitering on social media, or taking care of her furbabies.

Liz dabbles in both paranormal and contemporary erotic romance. Her paranormals are usually dark and angsty, and her contemporaries are stress-free smutfests, but you'll find both riddled with feels. Most of all, she loves writing realistic characters in fantastical settings.

Follow Liz on FACEBOOK:

Follow Liz on INSTAGRAM:

Follow Liz on PINTEREST:

BOOKS:

Serials:
THE HUNT (Paranormal Romance)
Predator by Liz Meldon Prey (The Hunt, #2) by Liz Meldon Stalker (The Hunt, #3) by Liz Meldon Killer by Liz Meldon The Uprising by Liz Meldon

ALL IN (Contemporary Erotic Romance)
Finn (All In, #1) by Liz Meldon Cole (All In, #2) by Liz Meldon Skye (All In #3) by Liz Meldon

Duets:
DARK DAYS (Paranormal Romance)
Dark Days Semester 1 by Liz Meldon Dark Days Semester 2 by Liz Meldon

Standalone Series:
UNBOWED (Contemporary Erotic Romance)
Belle Part 1 (Unbowed) by Liz Meldon Belle Part 2 (Unbowed) by Liz Meldon

Standalones:
Happy Hour by Liz Meldon Holiday Hell by Liz Meldon Bliss (Erotic Short Shorts Book 3) by Liz Meldon

Complete Editions:
The Hunt The Complete Edition by Liz Meldon Belle (Unbowed Novels, #1) by Liz Meldon

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
9 (6%)
1 star
1 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 75 reviews
Profile Image for Claire.
2,303 reviews704 followers
December 3, 2018
4 - "Bite me..." Stars!

We return to Liz Meldon’s happy writing place, with the first book of the Dark Days PnR duology. Semester One fully introduces us to Vampire; Calder Holloway, and Shifter; Emma Kingsley. Enemies due to their supernatural predilections, colleagues when it comes to working as teachers at the remote and exclusive Solskinn International Academy located above the Arctic Circle in Norway.

Vampires and shifters were, after all, natural enemies…

This book for me was very much a ‘scene setter’, with very little of any real significance actually happening until the latter stages. Told from dual POV you very much get to know both the H/h and pretty well with a lot of cat and mouse, a healthy dose of sexual tension as well as sexy-times filling the first 75% or so. At this point I will admit that at the moment and am struggling to warm to Emma, something which I hope the author manages to remedy in the next book.

"We have exceptional hate sex."

My interest was fully sparked by the end of the installment though, and I have a feeling the relationship between our two will very much take a companion role alongside them dealing with the repercussions of what happened at the end of this book.

Here in the darkness, neither of us had to pretend.

Not too long to wait for Semester Two with it due for release in early 2019.

ARC generously provided by the author, in exchange for the above honest review.
Profile Image for angela .
785 reviews137 followers
February 14, 2019
Loved it

I found this book to be an excellent read, there is one more book since this is a two book story. This story was excellent to read and I enjoyed the whole thing. Now I’m going to read book two.
Profile Image for Samantha MacLeod.
Author 25 books109 followers
December 17, 2018
So. Damn. Good.

From the gorgeous and evocative frosty Northern setting, to the flawed, lonely, believable characters with their snarky dialog and secret longings, to the edge-of-your-seat plot and ratcheting tension, this book is just fan-freaking-tastic. I haven't read a lot of enemies to lovers, but this book inspired me to start one of my own. Yes, it's that good.

Yes, it's a paranormal romance between a vampire (Calder) and a wolf shifter (Emma). But trust me when I say the vampire-ness and wolfy traits are just a small part of two fascinating, fully fledged characters. When Emma struggles with her need for independence, and when Calder tries to pretend his past is actually behind him, we really feel for them.

And when the two of them get together, let's just say it's epic. By the time we enter December, I'd follow Meldon literally anywhere just for the chance to be with Emma and Calder. I hit pre-order on Dark Days: Semester 2 so hard I think I sprained a finger.

5 million stars, and well worth every second of your time.
Profile Image for Romance Schmomance (Malia) .
1,187 reviews97 followers
December 23, 2018

BLOG | INSTAGRAM | AMAZON PROFILE | BOOKBUB | TWITTER

Dark Days was my first read by Liz Meldon and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of her books. Duologies have definitely been a huge theme for 2018, I've read so many and some have been a hit or miss. I was wanting so much more in this one, but it did a great job setting things up for book 2. I couldn't get enough of the hot tension between Calder and Emma, those were definitely my favorite moments and there's plenty of it.

I was a bit bummed out that not a whole lot was happening in this one, like I mentioned earlier, it seemed to be setting everything up for book 2. But it pulls you in so easily and it's nearly impossible to not be hooked on every word that Meldon writes.

There's no doubt that the tension between Calder and Emma is off the charts, it's just a matter of when they'll act on them. And when they can be honest about their feelings towards each other. It's definitely a huge surprise to the both of them since they're natural enemies, but I'm all for breaking the norm. I'm anticipating that moment when they finally accept that their relationship is more than sex.

When it comes to Calder, there's so much more to his past that we know very little of. And it's like a slow burn of information since there's hints dropped here and there, but by the end, you'll definitely be demanding to know about what he was tangled up in the past. He's definitely getting away from something or someone, but they have finally caught up with him. Whatever it is, it will bring more of a riff between him and Emma. But I'll be rooting for the both of them and that they'll get through it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Dark Days and am so happy that it's not too long of a wait for the final book in this duology! I have no idea what's to come, but I'm sure it'll set off right from the very beginning!
Profile Image for Sonal.
752 reviews51 followers
December 20, 2018
Why aren't there more stars on this damn thing?

Emma has her dream job but it came at the cost of family, obligations and even her fated mate. But she knew moving away was the right thing to do. Seems like her sacrifices were wasted.

Calder had a brutal past, one he desperately wishes to forget. Obviously the new teaching job was supposed to be a fresh start. But he soon realized there was no running away from fate.

A vampire, a wolf shifter and a bloodthirsty killer on the lose.

Emma and Calder maybe natural enemies but they have to join forces in order to protect innocent lives. And they have to do this without ripping each other apart.

YOU GUYS THIS BOOK!!! *cathartic screams of love* When I read the synopsis, I knew I'd love this book. Then I read it and became insanely obsessed. This story is nothing like anything I've ever read. I was always on my toes wondering what will happen next.

Calder is honestly my soulmate because I stan a broody cold hero who has a secret soft spot for his girl. I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed him sulking. It was genuinely the hottest.

Emma is a badass and honestly the queen we all deserve. I actually might have screamed when she was "talking" to Calder because these two are out of this world. Plus the banter!! *heart eyes*

This story has EVERYTHING. There's mystery, thrill, snark, humor and don't even talk to me about the hot parts I will cry.

I'm waiting here on pins and needles for the next book because it will be SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPEALIDOCIOUS!!!
Profile Image for Ryan (the.darkandgritty.reader).
860 reviews33 followers
January 21, 2019
5/5 - ARC review

Calder *fucking* Holloway - vampire
Emma Kingsley - wolf shifter

W O W 🔥🔥🔥

Liz Meldon made me love an enemies-to-lovers trope. It’s not usually my gig because they are usually too angsty but this book is so PERFECTLY balanced. I think a huge part of this story is the hilarious banter between Calder and Emma. Even though they toss insults at each other constantly it’s so damn funny. The humor keeps the angst in check IMO.

I’m usually pretty hard on heroines. I don’t like ultra strong “I am woman hear me roar” types because usually a female lead like that is cold and over the top strong in her independence. Emma is strong and bitchy but she’s not a bitch. She talks and thinks like I do and is so funny with her insults to Calder. She is my perfect heroine. She doesn’t do stupid things or make off the wall decisions. She’s who she is and I think that’s one of things that turns Calder on about her.

Emma is a PE teacher at a Norwegian international school. Seeking separation from her family and pack back in Maine. Calder is the new history teacher that raises Emma’s hackles just from breathing. The two are pushed together in the name of Emma showing Calder the ropes and that’s when the fun begins. Her hate for him and his pretentiousness are a match made in heaven. All I have to say is:

“Hate sex”
“Glorious hate sex”

Until it becomes more...

This book has everything. Strong characters. Snarky humor, amazing dialogue, world building, suspense (there’s a murderer on the loose), and oh yeah HEAT! Like steamy sex scenes.

The ending! Yes it’s a cliffhanger, and the reader is warned at the beginning of the book. I totally didn’t see any of it coming and was really excited about a particular lake scene in the middle of the woods.

Can’t wait for book 2!!

~~~

** Dark Days is a standalone enemies-to-lovers paranormal romance duet. While Book 1 has a cliffhanger, all will be resolved with a supernatural happily-ever-after in Book 2.
Profile Image for Kaye.
6,823 reviews58 followers
December 3, 2018
ONE INCREDIBLY INTENSE EXPERIENCE!!!
Oh man, a trouble. This is one action packed, nailbiting, nerve racking, heart pounding, pulse racing, smooth flowing, page turning tale that grabs your attention from the start. A riveting storyline and a cast of characters thrown together is one wild ride. All the drama, fear, anxiety, uncertainty, danger and suspense increases steadily as the tension spirals while the plot thickens. Twists and turns, ups and downs, ins and outs, along with a few unexpected circumstances and unpredictable surprises around every corner make for one thrilling experience. The characters are complex with such depth and individuality it's easy to relate to and root for the goods. The scenes are so graphic and descriptive it really pulls you in. The characters and scenes are written with such realism it really pulls this little jewel together beautifully. Liz did an outstanding job bringing this read to life flawlessly. Fantastic job Liz, thanks for sharing this little gem with us.
Profile Image for Up All Night With Books.
1,139 reviews36 followers
November 27, 2018
4.5 PR Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night W/ Books Blog

I know I just read the ARC,, but when is book 2 coming out? Dark Days, Semester 1 by Liz Meldon is the first book in a series that just sneaks up and grabs your attention. It gives you an introduction into a new paranormal world that leaves you itching for the next book. Emma and Calder are enemies by nature but, sometimes, chemistry is a powerful thing.

This story is so well written that it is like watching a movie. That edge of your seat, waiting for the shoe to drop for what's coming next. The set up is so amazingly written that I can't wait for the next book to come out.

Oh did I mention CLIFF-HANGER!!! OMG really that is how your going to leave me!!!! Well played.

Wolf shifter, Emma, has accepted a dream job that has taken her away from her pack and alpha father. As each day weighs heavy on her shoulders, life is good until a dangerously handsome vampire steps on to school grounds. Being natural enemies can cause some problems.

Vampire, Calder, just wants to fade into the scenery and be as normal as a vampire can get. But when Emma throws down the gauntlet and stirs the pot, things are not going to plan.

Add in people from the surrounding town are starting to just up and disappear!!

Great Story, can't wait to read more.

**ARC received in exchange for my honest review***
Profile Image for Natalie.
115 reviews9 followers
December 5, 2018
This story is about Emma, a PE teacher at a prestigious scandinavian school and shifter. Unfortunatley for her the school hired a new history teacher. A very handsome vampire called Calder. And she knows he means trouble because everytime they meet their emotions run hot.

This book did not disappoint. It was funny and steamy and had a cliffhanger that makes you crave Part 2 of Dark Days. Liz Meldon created 2 wonderful characters with a unique personality . Both are haunted by their past without being defined by it. I really enjoyed the story and can´t wait to read Semester 2

*ARC received in exchange for my honest opinion*
Profile Image for A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog.
2,814 reviews146 followers
December 4, 2018
With a cover this hot, I was hoping the story would be just as steamy. It did not disappoint.

Emma is a lone wolf out to prove she doesn’t need her pack and Calder is a vamp set on moving on from his dark past. Emma knows as a shifter being with a vampire is thought of as forbidden, but with his perfect features, it proves to be a difficult task.

The writing immediately pulled me as instantly pictured myself on campus with the characters. Banter, angst (so much angst), and steamy scenes had me gripping at the book turning the pages vying for more. I highly anticipate the release of the second book. In fact, I’m desperate to see where the story goes and what happens to Emma & Calder.
Profile Image for Sarina Langer.
Author 16 books98 followers
November 28, 2018
I haven't read an ARC by Meldon in a while because my tbr pile was threatening to crush me, but I made an exception for this one because her books are like cake to me and it's been a long year. I needed cake.

It was everything I wanted. Her characters are perfectly flawed and realistic as always, I LOVED their bickering and their stubbornness, and the steamy scenes were steamy.

As always, she smoothly integrates paranormal elements with oblivious humans.

She apologised for the cliffhanger ending, but I love me a cliffhanger ending EVEN WHEN THEY'RE CRUEL, MISS MELDON.

I'm really excited to read the sequel and will do my best to wait patiently. In the meantime, I'll find another book by her.
December 6, 2018

Overall: 4.5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
Steam: 3/4 🔥🔥🔥
Feels: 🧐🤨😏🔥😧😱

~QD STORY DETAILS~
Tear jerker: No
Paranormal/Fantasy: Yes
Location: Solskinn International Academy, Solskinn, Norway
Character age range: 26 and immortal (200+)
Lead: Emma Kingsley

Series: Yes - Duet
1. Dark Days - Semester 1: released 12/6/18
2. Dark Days - Semester 2: TBD

~QD 🔥~
Sex/kink type: manual, oral, penetrative
Possible triggers: hate sex, violence

~REVIEW🖋~
The quick and dirty: Enemies-to-lovers wolf shifter and vampire paranormal romance with a side dish of drama via disappearances of the locals in the deep dark woods. Big 'ol cliffhanger.

*Mild spoilers ahead*:

Emma is the daughter of an alpha wolf who has taken a job as a PE teacher at a prestigious boarding school in northern Norway. She immediately suspects Calder, the new history teacher, is behind the recent disappearances of the locals because he's a vampire. Unluckily for her, he's also smoking hot and she can't seem to tamp down her attraction. There's a lot of hate back and forth until Calder proves himself to be the opposite of everything Emma was taught vampires are. What started off as passionate hate sex turns into steamy sex between lovers. The drama isn't just reserved for their relationship though -- Emma and Calder not only discover what is causing the disappearances but it seems Calder has some unexpected visitors that aren't too keen on the company he's been keeping.

Another great Liz Meldon paranormal romance. Not quite as dark as The Hunt series but enough steam, drama and suspense that you won't be able to put it down!

Profile Image for Mary Ellen.
534 reviews37 followers
December 8, 2018
I loved this story! Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite tropes. Well, this story between a wolf shifter and a vampire (archenemies) does not disappoint.

Emma Kingsley has found a home within her dream job at boarding school in Norway. She enjoys the company of her coworkers, has her own volunteer dog shelter, which that keeps the students motivated and enjoys teaching. She is also escaping her over baring pack of a family back in Maine. Life is good until she realizes the attractive new history teacher is not only a supernatural, but a vampire. If it isn't bad enough, not only are vamps a threat to humans, they are a known enemy rumored to sell shifters to research labs. So of course Emma either wants to eliminate him as soon as possible. But Calder is also escaping a past and he genuinely wants to teach his students while living off the radar.

The one thing I love about Liz Meldon's work is that she can take any trope (paranormal or contemporary) and make it realistic. The decisions Emma makes is relatable. Even though they are enemies to lovers she doesn't fall into the typical "let me completely change my mind and fall madly in love with you" trope. Instead she constantly has an inner battle about her attraction and keeps both eyes open to ensure her students are safe.

One thing I am looking forward to in the next book is seeing Emma shift, maybe some family drama, and Calder's backstory. Why is he running/seeking a peaceful life, what has he done in the past? Oh and what will happen after that cliff hanger!

Anyways, I highly recommend this story and if you want something besides vampires, then look into Liz Meldon's other paranormal or contemporary books. All of them are quick, fun and a little steamy.
Profile Image for Becky Baldridge.
3,182 reviews96 followers
December 7, 2018
Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite romance tropes. There's just something about the passion and fireworks of it. Combine that with a lone wolf shifter trying to find her place without her pack and a sexy as sin vampire with a British accent, then season it with the added spice of them being natural enemies, and sparks are bound to fly. Whether they're exchanging barbs or heated kisses, Emma and Calder burn up the pages. Of course, where there's animosity, there's angst, but it's tempered with some hilarious antics and witty banter between this pair. This first part of the duet focuses on the romance, the push and pull between Calder and Emma as the scales tip back and forth between love and hate. There's also a suspense side to this story with a bit of darkness that gradually builds as the book progresses, and on that front, the author pulls out all the stops with a whopper twist that I couldn't have ever guessed. I would advise heeding the cliffhanger warning because Liz Meldon does cliffys like nobody's business, and this one is no exception. After reading that last, jaw-dropping sentence, I'm left tapping my foot, impatiently waiting for the second part of this tale. Cliffhanger aside, Emma and Calder are absolutely delightful from word one. This first part of their story is a wonderful combo of humor, chemistry, and steam hot enough to melt your Kindle. All in all, another great read from this author.
Profile Image for Carol 27.
866 reviews
December 5, 2018
This is the first book of the Dark Days duet. It’s also a very entertaining enemies-to-lovers paranormal romance. We meet Emma, an American wolf shifter with no interest in assuming the role of heir apparent to her Father’s pack, teaching at a private school in Norway. Enter Calder, a centuries old British vampire, who’s come to teach at the same school and to hide – but from whom? I enjoyed the early interactions between these supernatural enemies. Their snarky banter – resulting from Emma’s not putting up with any crap from Calder, was very entertaining. It wasn’t surprising when their dislike for each other morphed into something more – namely some very hot, hate sex. We get a little insight into the ongoing mystery concerning missing villagers but no answers as to who or what is behind their disappearance. The story is well written, with engaging characters and plenty of drama and angst; some suspense; some supernatural influencing along with several very steamy encounters courtesy of one sexy vampire.

Profile Image for Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy) .
367 reviews75 followers
December 6, 2018

Where do I start with this book?! Two words some up this book.... EXCEPTIONALLY INTRIGUING. I did not want to put this book down. I devoured this book like a starving woman and it appeased my insatiable appetite. It sucked me in and it left me on the edge of my seat breathless. I loved it! I have been searching for the exact type of this book for a VERY long time.

Calder and Emma’s romance or in this case, tryst is forbidden. They are from two supernatural species that hate each other and are enemies. Shifters and Vampires. Emma is a gym coach at an elite boarding school and she loves it. Her students and the faculty are like her pack. She is perfectly content until the new history teacher makes his appearance. He immediately causes her hackles to rise. They instantly hate each other because of him being a vampire and she a shifter. They keep their disdain towards each other hidden though. They don’t know whether to rip each other clothes off or throats out. They find their attraction to each other perplexing but that doesn’t stop them from hate fucking. The sex between them was bloody, wild, uncontrollable and HOT HOT HOT!

I didn’t want this book to end but I finished it so fast and now I’m left feeling incomplete. I want the next book like right now! I want more Emma and Calder.
1,075 reviews5 followers
December 7, 2018
First six go missing in the quite town of Sloaskinn no one knows what has happened in Emma free time she keeps and eye on things that happen around the Academy were hes she's a PE teacher another new semester at the Academy starts with a new teacher in the mix everyone thinks the new History teacher is dreamy and hot if a little stuffy. But he's not her favorite kind of person or supernatural hes the one thing all shifters and there like hate a vampire and now she has roll out the red carpet and show him rhe ropes. Calder Halloway says hes here to teach but Emma Kingsley isnt so sure.

Calder has come here for the quite and to teach and to get away from things know one told him that a snarky shifter was going to be giving him crap. We he finally has enough there passion explosive now he wants more she just wants to avoid him but passion this hot wont be ignored. Not to mention more people go missing and things are about to become more sinister and dangerous for Emma. This book ends in a cliffhanger but i cant wait to see were this story goes from here. I was allowed to read and advance copy of this book and this is my honest review.
Profile Image for Nicola Rose.
Author 9 books247 followers
February 9, 2019
Liz has done it again!

Oh, the banter, the snark, the angsty, enemies-to-lovers chemistry, the super hot sexy times... everything I love delivered in a wonderful package. This book is so good!

I love how ordinary Emma and Calder appear on the surface; in their profession, their appearance, their interests... yet hiding under that is their raw supernatural awesomeness, just waiting to be unleashed.

These two are a great match, I can't wait to find out what happens in book two when they (hopefully) let themselves loose...
Profile Image for The Mysterious Reader.
3,575 reviews54 followers
December 6, 2018
I love Emma and Calder’s story so far. Nicely done enemies to lovers with more than mere emotions at stake. Nicely done thrills and suspense. Well written plot with a great cast. Pretty close to perfect except for it being a duet with book 1 ending on a cliffhanger. I’m not deducting for that since the publisher’s blurb warned about it, but I’m going to get awfully frustrated waiting for book 2! In the meanwhile there’s no way I can’t strongly recommend this book. Frankly, but for the fact that I’m literally dictating this review to my husband from my hospital bed, I could go on and on with praises - the book definitely deserves it. Since I can’t do that I will simply note that the book is most definitely one to read, it is easy to highly recommend. I’m definitely looking forward to the next book in this duet, with its cliffhanger resolution and promised HEA.
1,687 reviews10 followers
December 6, 2018
Wolf shifter Emma Kingsley relocated above the Arctic Circle to teach PE at a Norwegian International school to escape pack drama and her matchmaking mother. Emma goes on high alert when the gorgeous vampire Calder arrives. Vampire Calder Holloway is in to Solskinn to teach history and put some distance between himself and what he’d left behind in England and the exquisite Emma isn’t about to change that even if she's his new favorite shifter. Emma and Calder get to know each other when they're paired up to patrol student dorms over concerns of locals disappearing. Vampires and shifters are natural enemies but Emma and Calder start having feelings for each other. What happens when danger comes a knocking? Note: this story ends on a cliffhanger.

Dark Days is a fun, intriguing, suspenseful and steamy enemies to lovers story that you won't be able to put down. I can't wait to read Part 2.
Profile Image for CLEO.
491 reviews27 followers
3.5 Stars 🌟

This was a great enemies to lover read with a bit of suspense. The beginning was a bit slow for me I was a little overwhelm with the descriptive scenes with the layers of details. Overall I enjoyed the strong characters. The book for me got better towards the end and of course left me intrigued for Semester 2!

description
16 reviews
December 6, 2018
All I can say is.....intriguing. I read this book in one sitting. Two supernatural species, natural enemies who have wild, hot, hate sex. The characters are strong and the first half of the book is filled with sexual tension which helps build up the angst to the hate sex and eventually the kinship between the two characters. Snarky comments fly between the two characters which provide a few laughs. Then the plot thickens and the twists and turns add to the suspense build up. I wait in anticipation for Book 2. Liz, you are one of my favorite authors and never disappoint.
Profile Image for Caroline Doig.
5,303 reviews36 followers
December 7, 2018
This is my 1st read and review for this author and wow what an amazing read and I loved Calder’s and Emma’s story. Emma is a wolf shifter who is starting a new teaching job, Calder is a vampire who just started to work at the same school as a teacher. The two meet and are instantly attracted to each other but they try to fight their attraction after all they are natural enemies. I loved this story but it does end in a cliffhanger and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book, there’s drama, suspense, danger, passion and so much more to keep you entertained and turning the pages. A fantastic story and I highly recommend this book it’s definitely well worth the read.
December 8, 2018
Amazing!!!!!

Liz Meldon does it again, this is a brilliant start to the series. A shifter and a Vampire both teachers in an elite boarding school in a remote a location as any! Both know that there shouldn’t be an attraction to each other, an age old law sees each other as enemies until lust, or something more perhaps happens instead. Both are hiding from a past, but is that past about to catch up with them, and to add even more problems there is a paranormal (mythical) murderer in the woods. Both Emma and Calder would do anything to protect their students, and even maybe each other.
This book kept me gripped, real life was such a rude interruption!! I cannot wait until the next instalment, talk about a cliff hanger! Brilliant!!!
Profile Image for Morgan (youarethelibrarian).
688 reviews12 followers
December 7, 2018
The spark between Emma and Calder was off the charts!! I loved the setting and the added angst of keeping their tryst a secret from students and faculty.
I wish we could have gotten more background and a better understanding of Calder's personality, but I have a feeling we'll get more of that in the second book! Plus, I really want to see Emma shift. I want to see her wolf out, and with that cliffhanger I am DYING. Book 2 please, ASAP!!!
Profile Image for Risa.
195 reviews60 followers
December 7, 2018
I received an advanced/review copy of this book. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content and honesty of my review.

I absolutely loved this book. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance. This was a unique way of bringing the vampire and wolf shifter worlds together in a setting I wouldn't necessarily have thought of. I loved it. If you'd like to read my full review, please click here: Alated Bibliophile's Review of "Dark Days: Semester 1"
Profile Image for Debra  (Dragon Nanny) Phiri.
1,056 reviews8 followers
December 7, 2018
Calder and Emma’s story is one I haven’t actually read before and a first for me by Liz Meldon. I did like the story but found it moved a little slowly for me. When Calder and Emma do come together it is hot and rough as one might expect from paranormal beings, which was original. I found the lack of shyness in describing the moments to be awesome in their roughness. I thought the descriptiveness of Ms. Meldon of people and the places was well done and it does make me second guess wanting to go for a walk in the woods!

I do so look forward to finding out how Calder and Emma’s story ends in the conclusion of the duet.
Profile Image for Candy76.
603 reviews21 followers
December 9, 2018
Well I enjoyed this story as it is about the paranormal. Liz has you on the edge with this enemies to lovers. You have suspense and intrigue. A shifter and a vampire what are the chances of these two ending up friends much less lovers?
The story is easy to follow and the characters are great individuals. Liz just captures you with the angst that leads to the end. This may be a stand alone with a cliffhanger but don't despair.
A must read, 5 stars.
***ARC provided in return for honest review, read for Sweet and Spicy Reads***
Profile Image for Kathi.
241 reviews2 followers
December 6, 2018
This was a good read, I have to admit for parts of the book I was wondering why some of the story line was even mentioned as it didn’t seem it was going anywhere. Towards the end that part of the story picked up and made some sense. However this book does end in a cliffhanger.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 75 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.