Start by marking “Dream Wide Awake: Was she born with a gift or a curse?” as Want to Read:
Dream Wide Awake: Was she born with a gift or a curse?

Dream Wide Awake: Was she born with a gift or a curse?

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  22 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Three boys are missing. Six-year-old Mikala Daly can see the spirit of one of those boys.

Through dreams, the murdered boy shows Mikala that the other two boys are alive but clinging to life. She knows she can find and save them. But will Daddy let her?

One of the best detectives in town, Mikala’s father, Jack Daly, searches frantically for the abducted boys. Years before,
Published September 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Dream Wide Awake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Wide Awake

Loraine
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Innovative Thriller. My favorite character in Dream Wide Awake is Lisa, who is married to Jack Daly, a detective working on the case of three missing local boys. Lisa was clairvoyant from a young age and shares that gift with her grandmother, her sister, and her daughter. I especially enjoyed her relationship with her grandmother, which is shown to us in flashbacks. While the first half of the book is certainly enjoyable, it is the second half that had me reading faster and faster and faster ...more
Bill Callahan
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
CJ Zahner takes you into the world of ESP and insight at multiple levels in this suspense thriller. It keeps the reader guessing the outcome until the last sentences.
Chris Johnson
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dream Wide Awake is one of the best books I’ve read this year.

From the first chapter that grabbed my attention to the final epilogue that ended like the perfect movie, this yarn kept my attention to the end.

It’s the perfect blend of cat-and-mouse with a psychic kidnapped being tackled by another psychic. But this is not just any psychic; it’s a little girl called Mikala from a family of “witches”. It contains the backdrop of government projects too!

I enjoyed the characters, their backstories, an
Stephen B.
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is no greater fear than a parent has for the well-being of their child. Not since I read Pet Sematary, many, many years ago have I read a book that made me worry, and hope that everything would work out in the end. Dream Wide Awake, starts like a freight train, and carried me along with it. The characters are well drawn, and I thoroughly recommend this book.
This author, is one I will be following from now on.
Heather Havern
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read thriller! This was a page turner from start to end. Just when you thought you had it figured out, guess what you don't! This unpredictable, can't put it down novel is an excellent choice. Can't wait from more from this author!
Christine Grabowski
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
The teal green cover drew me in, and I'm always curious about dreams. Within just a few paragraphs, I was hooked—not only on the mystery, but because of the fully developed characters. I particularly loved Mikala. It's refreshing to have a strong female child character in an adult book.

Without giving too much away, the book is about some boys kidnapped by a graduate of a government Dream Project who wants to escape his life. These graduates all have the psychic power of being able to dream wide
Sharon M.
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This suspenseful page-turner will keep you guessing until the very end. Great characters – love little Mikala. Found the whole Project Dream concept very interesting. I can easily see this being a series with this group of characters, and would love a prequel to see what happened to the group of “Dreamers” when they were younger. Once again, this author has given us a great read and I look forward to her next one!
Laura Lewis
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dream Wide Awake is a captivating. It quickly pulled me in with its intriguing characters and story line. The character development and engaging writing style more than held my interest throughout. I had to force myself to put it down. I was kept in suspense until the end, and still finding myself thinking about some of the characters.
Jane McCartney
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A real page turner, can't put it down book. I can visualize the houses, the characters and neighborhood. And the ending is amazing! I can see this as a movie in the future. No regrets in reading this one!

Barbara F.
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A riveting suspense novel that keeps you guessing until the very end. Well developed characters that left me wanting to know more about them. A “can’t put down” book about the paranormal. Well worth reading!
Jeffz
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW !!!! Page turning thriller. I could actually envision this happening in our country, or a foreign country for that matter....really makes you wonder what is out there? Very descriptive and detail oriented. Goodread? NO....GREATREAD !!!!!

Merged review:

Wow! Page turning thriller. I could actually envision this happening in our country, or a foreign country for that matter....really makes you wonder what is out there? Very descriptive and detail oriented. Goodread? No...Greatread.
Sheila
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intricately woven story with well developed characters. Clues to the ending were well placed but I missed some! I won’t say more or I would have to leave a spoiler alert. Read for yourself!

Merged review:

Intricately woven story with well developed characters. Clues to the ending were well placed but I missed some. I won’t say more or I would have to leave a spoiler alert. Read for yourself!
Katie Clemons
Oct 30, 2018
Kates
Oct 24, 2018
Jody Pittock
Georgia Wahl
Oct 29, 2018
C.J. Zahner
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
janet vieyra
Marylou
Dec 14, 2018
Schizanthus
Paranormal inspiration? 1 1 Dec 04, 2018 07:21AM
Cyndie "CJ" Zahner is a digital-book hoarder, lover of can't-put-down books, runner, author, and Mensa wannabe. That last trait explains the inspiration for her first novel, The Suicide Gene. Her second book, Dream Wide Awake, was inspired during long runs on Presque Isle State Park in her hometown of Erie, Pennsylvania. She is a proud mother of three and an even prouder grandmother of one.

Before