Start by marking “For the Win (#lovehim #2.5)” as Want to Read:
For the Win (#lovehim #2.5)

For the Win

(#lovehim #2.5)

He's been stood up.

It stings more than it should, considering it wasn't actually a date. But being stranded at a holiday party alone, is one of the most terrifying things Brooks can imagine.

Then he meets the larger than life Darien. He's cool, fun, and saves Brooks from a night of lurking awkwardly in the corner.

But before Darien can get too flirty, Brooks lays down the
ebook
Published December 11th 2018 by May Books (first published November 28th 2018)

Start your review of For the Win (#lovehim #2.5)
Amy Aislin
Ugh. Darien and Brooks. I just love them so much.

Having already read their full-length novel, In Case You Missed It, one of my favourite books of 2019 so far, it was really nice to go back and see how they first met. I adore Brooks and Darien, and this short story was super cute.
Snjez
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a super sweet prequel to the next book. It definitely made me interested in their story. Loved the dialogues.
Qukatheg
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copy
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

Brooks is all alone at a holiday party. The friend he was supposed to go with stood him up. He doesn't know anyone else there, because he is home schooled. Luckily he meets a guy called Darien and they hit it off right away. But Brooks has a personal rule against dating, so he has to make sure their activities don't stray into date territory, despite how much he likes Darien.

For the Win is a prequel of In Case You Missed It. It's a b
Valerie
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a prequel to the book In Case You Missed It where you meet Brooks and Darien meet at a party after Brooks had been stood up. I love the slow build of the foundation of their friendship and possibly more in the next book. It's a great short read!!
Melanie
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-gsw

From that review: Well, if you've been following my reviews of this incredible YA series, then you know that, unfortunately as is my wont, I did not read them in the order they were written.  Bad me.  Mea Culpa.  Because they are so much better that way.  If (insert duoh here) you read them as the author clearly intended,  you pick up on the nuances of each characters back histo
Deli
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
"For The Win" is a shortstory that at the same time poses as prequel to "In Case You Missed It".
It dives right into the story without much introduction which i really like, its well done and subtly lets u know whats going on so u wont feel lost. The only thing i missed a lil is the age of Darien and Brooks im not rly sure why it bothers me, but i would have liked to know. Thought the setting lets u guess a roundabout age.
The story is really sweet and (i didnt expect something else) really well w
Karen
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great little prequel story to In Case You Missed It. It’s basically the story of Darien and Brooks first meeting, the date that isn’t.

For reasons still unknown in the prequel, Brooks tries, but fails, to keep his distance from Darien who is super friendly, confident and absolutely amazing. The flirting is over the top and very funny.
It’s the cutest and most romantic non-date in the history of ever.

You really need to read this before starting on In Case You Missed It.

Absolutely love these two
Catherine Taffy
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For the win is an exciting story about two guys meeting, it is an amazing story. I loved the characters in this story they were funny and happy and had such awesome chemistry it was spectacular.

The ending of this stroy left me wondering because Darin seems far too persistent. And if there is no follow on from this stroy telling us what happens to these characters in the future I am going to cry because I just want to know.

In all this is a cheery story and I found it to be extremely enjoyable.
TamaraLynne Stewart
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
great introduction to the characters that works very well with the next book that I'm already 68% threw I get right into these books they are fun to read I was given this book free from the author and for that I give an honest review of the book S.M James is an author to follow for sure 😁👍📖
Amy Dufera
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
For the Win's an adorable look into how Brooks and Darien met. It involves some fun moments, and a new friendship moment for Brooks.
Barbie
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Arrgghhhhh now what??!!?
On to the next book!!!! ❤️
Claire
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author to me and I found this serie #lovehim when I was craving for a good YA book so bad ! All the books are so good and this one is a great prequel for the next book !
Tamar Elmensdorp-lijzenga
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why do I have the feeling that Brook has some horrible deadly disease and that he won't make it until Darien moves there?
Cassandra
5 stars
OMG, this was the cutest, most fun novella! I could hug the sh** out of it! There is not one thing I would change about it. I loved every minute. It's absolutely perfect!
Bob B
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lock & West
  • There Goes Sunday School
  • First Time
  • One Little Lie (One More Thing #2)
  • One Little Word (One More Thing, #1)
  • Let There Be Light (Twin Hearts, #1)
  • Just a Dumb Surfer Dude (Just a Dumb Surfer Dude, #1)
  • Ghosting You
  • Gay Love and Other Fairy Tales
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • Project Hero
  • A Surplus of Light
  • Date Me, Bryson Keller
  • Why You Shouldn't Lend A Bad Boy Your Clothes
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Noah Could Never (Noah Can't Even, #2)
  • Chasing Chance (Gilcrest University Guys #1)
  • Roughing (Portland Seabirds, #1)

#lovehim (5 books)
  • That Feeling When (#lovehim, #1)
  • To Be Honest (#lovehim #2)
  • In Case You Missed It (#lovehim #3)
  • Not Gonna Lie (#lovehim #4)
  • For What It's Worth