Start by marking “Dirty, Lazy, Keto: Getting Started: How I Lost 140 Pounds” as Want to Read:
Dirty, Lazy, Keto: Getting Started: How I Lost 140 Pounds

Dirty, Lazy, Keto: Getting Started: How I Lost 140 Pounds

#1 Amazon Best Seller and #1 Amazon New Release (in 6 categories!)Stephanie Laska lost 140 pounds, roughly half of her body weight, by following a ketogenic-inspired diet. That's practically losing an entire person - HOW CRAZY IS THAT! She shares how breaking the rules of a traditional keto diet helped her to achieve long term success. Stephanie spent most of her adult lif ...more
Published September 4th 2018 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Dirty, Lazy, Keto, please sign up.
Kathryn Keto is high fat/moderate protein/low carb. Atkins is high protein/moderate fat/low carb. Also, most strict keto people completely remove sugar,…moreKeto is high fat/moderate protein/low carb. Atkins is high protein/moderate fat/low carb. Also, most strict keto people completely remove sugar, grain, and soy from their diets. Atkins does not completely remove these products, just uses them minimally. (less)

SheLove2Read
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I liked the author's down-to-earth style. No pressure, no right or wrong way to do Keto. Just honest advice from someone who adapted Keto to work for her.
Monica Storey
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keto is no longer overwhelming!!

This book is FABULOUS. I read it fairly quickly and love that it just gets to it and it's light and funny and real. It's just great. Factual without being heavy, honest without being judgemental. I will be sharing it with all my friends who comment on my (so-far) 60lb weight loss and ask me how I've done it. :)
Rodney Watson
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for planet KETO!

I've been living the KETO lifestyle for about a month, and doing a ton of reading. I wish I had started here. I am a 45 year old man, and I started at 238 lbs. After a couple of weeks of trying to go all crazy strict KETO, I dropped about 12 lbs. I realize that was most water Brightside by my high carb intake, but it was awesome all the same. Then I hit a wall. Boom! No weight loss to speak of for almost two weeks. I was frustrated and constipated. Nothing that ends i
Claudia Meli
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked her perspective and version of the Keto lifestyle. I would recommend this book to anyone contemplating Keto. Enjoy
Nicole Regalia
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

It got me pumped to finally try keto. I've been looking into it for about 5 years now, but after paleo, a strict keto diet was NOT what I was looking for.
Danika Tres
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited

First impression:
I really like this. It reads like a long online article where the writing style is more direct and frank. It reads like your best friend wrote it and personally handed it to you. I loved it. I had never had an easier time reading an instructional diet book or had as much fun reading about the subject.

This is great for those who are looking for a new way of eating to lose weight. I'm currently on a macro diet and it drives me insane, if it weren't for my personal trainer at the g
Cathy Martin
Mostly what you already know....

If you have previously read anything at all about the Keto diet, this book is not for you. If you have not, and are completely new to Keto and what is involved, then it will help you understand what you need to do to get started. Personally, this didn’t help me learn more information about Lazy Keto, or Dirty Keto. I’ll stick to Pinterest instead.
Lisa Stadler
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I was interested in the book because I have heard many people lose weight on Keto - but looking up Keto restrictions made it seem too overwhelming for me. This books makes it appear to be a "doable" option. I am going to try it!!! Book was well written and very funny!!! Read it in one sitting!!!
Charlene Jones
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

Thank you for your sense of humor and bringing Keto down to earth for me. I have been doing Lego for almost 5 months and have lost 25 lbs. I am stalling now and needed this to encourage me...lol. Thanks again for taking the time to write this book.
David Edward Beatty
Bare Essentials in Brief

Steph has got it right! The biggest plus is that she has boiled down into a few short chapters the “essence” of low carb dieting. As some who also lost 100 lbs and kept it off for five years, Steph’s approach is almost a mirror of my own.

Only big difference is she really focuses on vegetables as her “secret”... my secret was exercise.

AND HERE IS THE REALLY GOOD NEWS FOR MEN.

You can eat meat... (including bacon and steak - even bacon wrapped steak) virtually as much as y
Misty Menzie
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Less Daunting

Before reading about her journey and getting a little insight. This whole Keto thing seemed extremely daunting. Her helpful tips and experiences helps put you at ease. This is a supportive and motivational read into how to be successful and not feel the need to step in front of a bus because you "slipped".
However, I wish she had been a little more clear in reading labels. As someone who cannot read labels at all, the information gets jumbled in my head. Maybe she could have given
Shennae Redd
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really straightforward

I really enjoyed the book and how informative it was. it's short, to the point, and gives you the tools you need to get started. I loved how Stephanie pointed out thta she is just a regular person like you or I and that she is giving the innformation based on what worked for her but that she is open to learning more from her readers if they have suggestions as well. That was very cool and down to earth of her. I took away from this book everything i needed to get started an
Kaitlyn Krna
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and appreciated how down to earth, understandable, and informative the information given was. I have several friends who have had great success with Keto, but I found myself overwhelmed at all of the available information. I didn't know where to start, so when I saw this book in my Amazon recommendations, I thought I would start here.

I really appreciate how Laska presented the information as well as how she made it clear that there are many ways to approach Keto, but that thi
Cindy
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspired! [just one criticism]

This a helpful guide from a woman who has personally walked this path. I’ve been drawn to keto as I think it makes sense and the food is what I like; however ‘strict’ keto seemed so overwhelming. This book outlines a path I can ‘live’ with and even improve to my own preferences over time!
My one criticism is...[wait for it] Kerry Gold is worth it and tastes SUBSTANTIALLY better than others! I buy at A warehouse store or Winco. The full unwatered down flavor is worth
Janet M. Blanco
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just exactly how I feel about weight loss and diets.

Just exactly how I feel about weight loss and diets. I have dieted my entire life..lost 80 pounds after my last child by working out abd eating 900 calories a day. Have lost 20 pounds by eating on the Omni diet. 10 pounds on Weight Watchers. And was on Adkins for many years. I am now almost 60 and need to lose around 30 lbs. I am gluten free and Dairy free and have hypothyroidism. I just need some help and good advice. I think this is exactly w
Ruth
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
As a winner of the GoodReads kindle edition of this book, I admit that it wasn't something I was looking for or needed as I am not overweight as the author was. The book is well written in a folksy style and was lots of fun and entertaining. I also learned a lot about the keto diet and for anyone who is looking for a lifestyle change to lose weight I would recommend this book to see if it is for you. After reading, you'll probably want to try the diet and I hope you succeed. By the way, it's a q ...more
Donald
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie's writing style was straight-forward, to-the point, comical, and informative. I enjoyed how she presented her thoughts, owned her thoughts, and was not 'preachy'. There was some good information, particularly for someone like myself who is considering trying the KETO thing (at my doctor's insistence)...but fears the change that is required. Her personal story provided insight and some strength to the decision that I must make. A good read. Would like to have some better food choices, b ...more
Emily Schaefer
This is a cool little guide to be introduced to this lifestyle, backed up by a true story of victory. Although I'm not the biggest fan of the style of writing, this was a helpful place to start. Stephanie Laska simply presents what worked for her: "Dirty" (bending the rules to include a hotdog, for example) "Lazy" (counting only carb intake, not protein or fat intake) Keto. Sounds pretty good to me. I appreciate the straightforward lists and handy keto pyramid which can be used for reference! Ca ...more
Shelley
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is no secret that I have a thing about reading diet books, always on the search for the holy grail. I have several friend who are on the Keto diet so I am always up for learning more. I have to admit this was a really quick informative read for people who don't really want to do the whole counting every macro nutrient. This book is written by someone who was successful on the keto diet by just monitoring their carbs and letting the other fall into place. This is more like the keto I think ...more
Debbie
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author has had an amazing success with her weight loss, congrats to her! The book, I found a little hard to follow and I felt it kept repeating a lot of the same information. What would have been more interesting or helpful to me would have been a chapter outlining Exactly what the author ate for breakfast, lunch, and dinners. I think her point is that she made this program her own and you should too, but this concept is foreign to some of us, so a specific outline showing exactly what she a ...more
theresa chappelle
Thank you!

This book was real talk, for me, and has helped me in making the decision to try keto. My body has always like fat foods, and vegetables, and dairy even though I'm allergic to them and have other food allergies. I have always felt my body did not like the way I was told to eat...carbs and less fat. So, I am going to give this a try! Again thank you for real talk and...I'll see you in the other side.👍
Janelle Hammonds
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great stepping off point for those looking to start a Keto diet without going crazy. The author never comes across and pushing anything other than listening to your own body as you change your diet. In my experience, it was so much easier to start slow and by that I mean slowly transitioning my diet into a “lazy” version of Keto versus diving off the deep end into counting macros, which had I done I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t still be on it.
Laura BAuer
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Book to get started on Keti

Thank you for writing this book for the not so rich, time challenged fat girl. I need to loose 50lbs. for an upcoming surgery and hope to loose evwn more. You made it easy to shop for foods that are in my budget. I book marked many parts I can pull up at the grocery store. I am on you mailing list and love the little updates. I will keep you apriased of my progress I am starting on Dec 29th 🤞
Patricia A. Ives
Love This Guide

This guide encouraged me to begin Keto immediately. I was dieting while reading the guide and lost five pounds after a week. The fact that I can eat yogurt is a BIG plus for me because it keeps me from eating ice cream. I stay within 20-50 carbs but have not gone over 25 carbs. Love it‼
Susan Dones
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't Deny Her Results

Great fast read. I knew nothing about Keto before I read this book. I liked her information and how she puts the facts that helped her out there. Supportive of others to find what works for them but encouraging to stay the course of a new lifestyle. I can see why some Keto rule bond snobs might not like her book. The results are evident. Thanks Stephanie
margaret tripp
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This beats the standard keto plan hands down!

I tried the standard keto diet in the past but it felt too restrictive. I loved the authors great advice and sense of humor. I feel this type of eating fits my lifestyle much better and is something that I can stick to for the long term.
Gretchen Schott
I appreciate the authors down to earth/realist approach to writing about her keto health journey. I was disappointed that photos were all black and white. The writing was really more of a bunch of blogs piled together into a book format. I imagine the author would be a good motivational speaker. The book wasn’t exactly what I expected but it was encouraging.
Amanda
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book.

This book is accessible to everyone and it's funny. Stephanie Laska has personality and she brings positive energy to a subject that many wouldn't consider fun. I gleaned practical information from reading this book -- information that could be useful for anyone trying to improve their overall health and well- being.
Vicki Hightshue
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is so much easier than the other Is to diet books

Who wants to keep track of everything you eat? I'm lazy and old and been there,done thst. I'm so proud of her weight loss. The book is entertaining and hard to put down. When's the last time you heard that about a diet book? Could have done without some of the mild profanity.
Rae Novak
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. The author was straight-forward, funny and honest. I felt like I was having a conversation with her. I've read other books on the Keto diet, and this one really told me everything I needed to know in a way that wasn't preachy or judgy, and I actually learned something. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to learn more about the Keto lifestyle.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Walking Dead, Issue #167
  • Food Junkies: Recovery from Food Addiction
  • New York Station
  • The Perfect Ten
  • Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss, with 100+ Easy Low-Carb Recipes
  • The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Easy, Whole Food Keto Recipes for Any Budget
  • Dragonfell
  • Down Under (Aussies, #2)
  • Neverwylde (The Rim of the World, #1)
  • Black Sun
  • Keto Comfort Foods: Family Favorite Recipes Made Low-Carb and Healthy
  • The Cutting Room (Carver and Lake, #2)
  • The Broken Trilogy: Books 1-3
  • The Silhouette Girl
  • Killer Thriller (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #2)
  • The (Half) Truth
  • Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself
  • Faerie Wrath (The Changeling Chronicles, #4)
Stephanie Laska lost 140 pounds, roughly half of her body weight, by following a ketogenic-inspired diet. That's practically losing an entire person - HOW CRAZY IS THAT?

She shares how breaking the rules of a traditional keto diet helped her to achieve long term success in her laugh out loud (and sometimes cry) book series: DIRTY, LAZY, KETO.

Stephanie's story has been shared in Reader's Digest, Fir