Start by marking “50 Shades Of The USA: One woman's 11,000 mile cycling adventure through every state of America” as Want to Read:

Published September 10th 2018 by Rocket 88

To ask other readers questions about 50 Shades Of The USA, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 50 Shades Of The USA

Steve D
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bike-books
A question struck me as I started to write this review: do I lead with the rating or the disclaimer? The answer was easy. Wow! What a book! Solid 5 stars. I’d give it 6 if I could. OK, now the disclaimer: I’m an avid cyclist and I’m also kind of obsessive about reading cycling adventure books. That said, this book is so well written, with a message that would appeal to anyone with even the slightest bit of wanderlust in their heart (isn’t that all of us?) that I can unequivocally recommend it to ...more
Cathy Douglas
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anna is one of those undislikeable people. If you've got a problem with her, sorry, you're the one with the problem. Her positive attitude is positively scary sometimes.

Anna is a British twenty-something who had an epiphany one day over a marketing spreadsheet, and decided to ditch her office job and bicycle through the USA, hitting each one of the fifty states. Now I like bikes, and I like my dear old country, but this adventure sounds like a whole lot of not-fun to me. And indeed she ran into
Kristi
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow! I had a feeling I would like this book, but I didn't think I would LOVE it and LOVE it I did. I just starting following her and she posted something on Instagram about getting an autographed copy of the book. So, I bought one and Pants of Perspective for my friend for Christmas. Needless to say, the books never made it, but she and her assistant worked me as quickly as possibly to send me a new set. It was really awesome of her and I loved her note.

But back to the book. I loved h
Aleisha Keating
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An easy and enjoyable read, 50 Shades of the USA is packed with humorous anecdotes and thought provoking reflections. I recommend this un-put-downable book not only for the adventurous at heart, but especially for those who want to be inspired to take a fresh approach to life or reach seemingly insurmountable goals.

50 Shades of the USA is an honest and compelling read, flooded with vivid impressions of the land and urban scapes that Anna rides through: from the endless Wyoming sky with clouds "
Marty Nicholas
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
McNuff's accomplishment...nearly 12,000 miles ridden through all 50 states (in 6 months) is astounding! Her positive attitude is even more astounding! If you're looking for a book filled with anguish and despair and inner demons, this isn't it. If you're looking for a book that is filled with the joy of touring and the goodness of people, mostly strangers, this is it.
Mandy McKernan
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Power of the human spirit.

Very well told story of personal triumph and the power of the human spirit. The insights around the friendliness of all the hosts across the USA resonated with my own visits to the USA and how passionate the Americans are about their country and how easy they are to get on with.
Fiona Wark
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Marie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Smart, funny and thrilling. Very much enjoyed this read and love the inspirational tales of Anna McNuff. She tells it just as it is. From the bad times to the amazing, everyone in detail and with a light heart. Looking forward to her book on her South American adventure! Come on Anna get writing! Your fans await.
Miss R J Glithero
Inspiring!

Makes me want to up sticks and go adventuring! Or at least get out on my bike more 😊. I really enjoyed her other book (The pants of perspective) and this definitely did not disappoint.
MR A J POWELL
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational account of a (nearly) solo cycle ride through all of the 50 US States. Vivid descriptions, highs and lows, people and places of all descriptions, a must read.
Bruce Philip
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best in the genre of cycling tour memoirs

I could not put it down, forgoing other readings to finish this adventure. Informative. Fun. Inspired and inspiring. Don't miss.
Myra L Rice
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
11,000 miles around the USA

I am so glad that the author enjoyed her bicycle tour around my country! She has been to many places that I have not been! Well written account!
Jessica Manning
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyable read!!

I love a good travel book and Ms. McNuff did a great job of bringing the reader along for the adventure.
Wayne Hild
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Motivating

Well written. Flows nicely & very helpful in getting people out adventuring. Anna's descriptions are vivid and always made me smile.
miss l tuck
Feb 26, 2019
Sophie Robinson
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Anna's second adventure tale - it was every bit as brilliant as her first book 'The Pants of Perspective'. I thoroughly recommend it. She manages to make it both original and authentic and you feel like you are right there on the journey with her. She manages to keep it uplifting even through the difficult & more testing times - it's her infectious optimism that makes her such a lovely person and a natural story teller.
Armelle