Start by marking “Then There Were Nun” as Want to Read:
Then There Were Nun

Then There Were Nun

(Nun of Your Business Mysteries #1)

My name is Sister Trixie Lavender, and I'm an occasionally possessed excommunicated nun. Okay, that's a lot to swallow at once. But it's true I was booted from the convent after doing something unspeakable. Something I had no control over. Something that lives inside me to this day, exploding out like that chestburster in Alien when I least suspect it. But I have help. My ...more
Audio CD
Published October 30th 2018 by Tantor Audio (first published July 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Then There Were Nun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Then There Were Nun

☕️Kimberly
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-2018
“Sister” Trixie Lavender was excommunicated from the church after a demon possessed her. Coop the person responsible for saving her is in fact a demon. Coop is a talented tattoo artist, who escaped hell, and is desperately trying to acclimate to human life. Together with Coop’s trash talking owl, Livingston they move to small-town Oregon to open a tattoo parlor.

This was fun from seeing them negotiate a rental agreement on the building they want to lease, to Coop dealing with all the complication
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Then There Were Nun by Dakota Cassidy

A paranormal cozy mystery spinoff, this is the first in a series
A former nun and a demon open a tattoo parlor but when their landlord ends up dead in their new shop, it’s time for the detective hats to come out and solve The Who-done-it.
It’s an irreverent and often funny read that is entertaining. In a G rated version which is unusual for this author.
Trixie, the nun, is on a mission. Mostly just to support herself and her demon, but also now to solves murd
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is such a great start to a new series! The story quickly grabbed my attention and kept me turning the pages, I didn’t want to put the book down. The story is entertaining, and filled with a cast of quirky, and unique characters as well as a mystery that kept me guessing. I look forward to reading more in this series.
Larissa
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Then There Were Nun” is my first cozy from Dakota Cassidy, but I can tell you it won’t be my last!

I have been a Dakota fan for years, but I stuck to her Accidental Series religiously, so when I saw she was venturing into the cozy mystery world I was a bit apprehensive, which I shouldn’t have been.

I really enjoyed “Then There Were Nun”, the mystery was interesting, the world building intriguing and most of all, the characters were lovely. I cannot wait to read more of Trixie and co.

4/5 stars ;)
Merry Chapman
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This new series is a MUST read if you want a cozy mystery that keeps you not only guessing, but laughing the whole time.

The first book in a new series I will definitely want to follow and can't wait for book two to come out! I never laughed so hard throughout the entire book. The main character, Sister Trixie Lavender and her demon in a human body, Coop are the most unlikely pair to be bonded together. Possessed, Sister Trixie has left the convent (she was excommunicated) when escaped demon, inc
Hsu Lee
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest
The characters + storytelling were very captivating
Were were first introduced to these characters in the " Witchless in Seattle " series.
"Sister" Trixie is just trying to make a living since she had been excommunicated.
Coop is trying to fit in with the human, being a demon and all.
Read to book to follow the adventures of Trixie + Coop
I loved the storytelling + the characters
It has all the ingredients that you
Janet
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A possessed former Nun, a Demon escaped from Hell, and a talking owl (yes!) move in to town and... Well. You're going to have to read the book to find out the rest! Spun-off from the Witchless in Seattle series, Dakota Cassidy writes another fun, slightly paranormal mystery. I love, love, love these characters, their names and EVERYTHING!!!!
Gaele
AudioBook Review:
Stars: Overall 4 Narration 5 Story 4

You can’t beat a series from Dakota Cassidy for the twists, turns, outrageous fun all with her imaginative world-building and clever dialogue. So, it was no hardship at all to start with this spin-off series featuring Sister Trixie Lavender, first met in Witchless in Seattle series. Much has happened to Trixie since then: excommunication, possession, finding a feisty owl named Livingston and opening a tattoo parlor with her bff-demon Coop – H
Amanda Woodburn
It's okay.

Original story plot, that was nice, and the transition from a normal setting to the solving of the mystery was solid and seamless (rare nowadays). However, if you're going to start a new series, even if it's a break off from another series, still develop the actual characters personalities and give some back history to introduce said characters instead of continually referencing something in another book and series. I picked this book to read, not the other, and because of this lack in
Niki
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, with a truly unexpected culprit.

I love that I truly had no idea who the culprit was. 100% in the dark. The story was humorous and entertaining, keeping my attention and interest squarely focused. What I disliked was the lack of good reason for Trixie to investigate. I felt like I was constantly asking myself “why”. Why did she feel so strongly about Higgs, why did she feel the need to question everyone?
I also felt like I should have read the previous book Trixie was in. Maybe a note at
Michelle
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quirky fun!

A most enjoyable and original story! A possessed ex-nun, a demon and an owl purchase a tattoo shop sounds like the beginning of a bad joke yet it’s the start of a fantastic book. Trixie the ex-nun & her demon friend Coop are trying to find a home, set up a tattoo shop and fit into a community when murder strikes. They’re embroiled into an intriguing mystery when an ex-cop now a homeless shelter owner their new neighbor is accused of killing their landlord. This story is witty, fun
Donna
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Then There Were Nun is a sweet and funny start to a new cozy mystery series. We met former nun Trixie Lavender and Coop in Good Witch Hunting (Witchless In Seattle #7) now they have landed in Oregon and are just trying to start over. Sadly it seems they still have no luck when it comes to landlords on the other hand they pick up an assortment of quirky friends which comes in handy when you are dealing with a murder, possession and teaching demons to assimilate. I look forward to further adventur ...more
Lory
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a enjoyable and entertaining read. This fast paced story was filled with plenty of intrigue, humor, mystery, and suspense. I absolutely loved Coop she was hilarious. Overall a great read and great start for a new series looking forward to seeing what other shenanigans the Inkerbelle crew is going to get into. I voluntarily read and review this ARC no monetary compensation was received the opinions I have expressed are my own.
Karen
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an off shoot of the witchless in Seattle series. I would recommend the book they were introduced in, in the Witchless in Seattle series before you read this book. It will give you the background to this new series. I ready enjoyed the book with Trixie Lavender, an ex nun possessed by a demon. Coop is a Demond trying to learn how to be humans. They make you laugh in their trying to fit in.
Kim
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Then There Were Nun was a hard start for me. I found that the antics of Trixie and starting a new tattoo shop with all of the beginning descriptions had a hard time keeping my focus. Once I did get going in the story it was pure fun. It is a cozy mystery with a side of hooting paranormal. As a total side note, I was over endeared by the dedication.
Rena
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dakota Cassidy is one of my very favorite authors. I liked this story a lot, the relationship between Coop & Trixie is cute. They have gathered a lot of sweet and interesting people into their group. I look forward to reading more stories about Trixie and hearing more about the evil being inside her.
Jamitzka Gilleylen
great new series

A new series for Dakota Cassidy, but has all the elements that you love from her other series, there's murder, laughter, sarcasm, X9 ex nun possessed by demon what can't you love about a book like this
Jonette
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very funny

Dakota is one of my favorite writers all her stories tend to capture your attention right away and your never left wondering about what happens . All her book's are hilarious and I can't wait until the next one comes out.😂
Diana Gail
I haven't decided if I will continue the series. It was funny and predictable. I stopped reading a couple of times to look if I had started the series in the wrong order or missed another linked series that provided the back story to this book, since there were so many references to the past.
Lyn Jenkins
It ain't just nunsense.

I'm so please Trixie and Coop's characters have been given a life of their own, and a friendly place to live. Trixie might not be Stevie but she can get into as much trouble. I just hope Higgs and Knuckles are strong enough to help her out.
Stephanie Haussler
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
New series with some characters from another series. Looking forward to more! Love Dakota Cassidy books!
Anne-Kathrine
So happy that Trixie and Coop got their own series. As usual Dakota's books totally crack me up.
Rebecca Dowd
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HILARIOUS!!!

The characters come from such oddball situations that they had to be lovable. Who else would think of this cast of characters.
Tillie
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Looking forward to more adventures of Trixie and Coop.
Kirsten
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dakota CAssidy is always an entertaining read!
Tyra Berger
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Fun audio.
Brandy
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did enjoy this easy listen. nice little twist on the cozy mystery with the ex-nun and the little demon companions. I will continue on
Christine
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very funny and such a quirky cast of characters!
Josephine
The mystery reminds me of the other series where we first meet the nun and daemon. I hope it becomes unique.
Lela
Feb 22, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dakota Cassidy is a national bestselling author with over thirty books. She writes laugh-out-loud romantic comedy, grab-some-ice erotic romance, hot and sexy alpha males, paranormal shifters, contemporary kick-ass women, and more.

Invited by Bravo TV, Dakota was the Bravoholic for a week, wherein she snarked the hell out of all the Bravo shows. She received a starred review from Publisher Weekly f

Nun of Your Business Mysteries (4 books)
  • Hit and Nun (Nun of Your Business Mysteries #2)
  • House of the Rising Nun (Nun of Your Business Mysteries, #3)
  • The Smoking Nun (Nun of Your Business Mysteries Book 4)