Start by marking “Cards of Love: The High Priestess” as Want to Read:
Cards of Love: The High Priestess

Cards of Love: The High Priestess

This dark and twisted tale of lust and love will make your blood run hot. Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Amazon Bestseller Vivian Wood writes dark romance as OLIVIA RYANN.

Damen Aetos. Mob boss. Madman.
And soon to be my husband.
He doesnt care that Im a virgin.
Doesnt care about my beauty.
Nothing matters to him but my last name.
By marrying me, the Madman ensures
Published October 27th 2018

Start your review of Cards of Love: The High Priestess
Melanie (mells_view)
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Expect the unexpected!

Ok so Ive read the main series, and I planned to never like Damen. Looks like Ms. Ryann has blown that plan to shreds. I think this was a good sort of prequel to what could come from Damen & Biankas story!
yessenia
1 stars

✘ First things first, this is not a complete book not even a short novel. It just seemed the "story" came from nowhere, there's no backstory, and went nowhere. It just finished. wth?
✘ Now let's talk about the protagonists, the book starts with the girl completely frightened of the Madman she was going to marry, she cries like a river the first chapters. And then just like that, she notices how hot her new husband is and his ass. She even drops the word daddy in front of his brother
Amanda Rowell
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, so addicting that I couldn't put it down.
Kylie
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know this book is a novella, but I feel very unsatisfied at the end.

There was little to no character background, stuff happens, and then it ends.

Theres a preface at the beginning that reads, This book is interwoven with my Cherish Underworld series, the story of the three Aetós brothers. It is meant to be a peek into Damen and Biankas story. Currently, Im finishing the story of Fiore and Arsen. If you like this peek, I suggest you read the series! so Im not entirely sure if or when Id get a
Karin
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To say I need more and devoured this book would be the understatement of the year!!!! I need more Damon and Bianka ASAP!!! This story slayed in my opinion. Bianka is being forced into a marriage to the dark, brooding, sexy maniac Damon to cover her dad and in essence protect her family but what happens when youre in the eye of storm thats Damon Aetos and realize theres so much behind that hurricane then you thought!!!

I voluntarily reviewed a advanced readers copy of this book
★Because Book Boyfriends★
Just a taste of the larger story, but very intriguing! Can't wait till the full thing is out!
Patty
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a short story about Damien from her Cherish Series. Damien is the brother Arsen, better known as Monster. In this short story he weds to Bianka and takes her to meet his brother in New Orleans. He has a plan to use her to prove he has calmed down, so he can have his own territory. After all they do call him the Madman.

Bianka is special. She knows things. As a Irish traveler she moves around a bit and is misunderstood. She is forced to marry a mystery man. All she knows is she was her
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
A book jam packed with everything I love about romantic suspense! Mystery, a cliffhanger that has me salivating for more, and my opinion of the dark hero in limbo!

Damen the MADMAN is someone I have felt disdain for but Im starting to wonder if theres more there to the hard exterior and jerkishness he exudes!

Bianka the woman who holds the card, who can make or break this man is someone who knows how to survive and will do all she can to protect not only herself but those she loves!

I am excited
Karina
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! Another great start for another Aetos brother! Damen and Bianka are shaping up to be a powerful couple. Though they may not know it right now. In his book we get to know Damen better and possibly what drives him to be the way he is. Bianka is a strong woman who may be the one who is finally able to tame him and give him purpose. This was a wonderful start to their story and the chemistry is undeniable. As with Aersin and Fiori's story their is mystery surrounding them and who wants to do ...more
Teresa Lara
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg I need more Of Bianka and Damon
Love these brothers.
ScarletFix
I am voluntarily leaving a review for BMBB.

I could not get into this book.

There was so much going on in this story, at times it almost felt like I was reading different stories meshed together. The premise seemed nice, but the execution left a lot to wish for. There was basically no character background, which made it very hard to grow attached to the characters.

And because of the fact that this book seems to be a little extra to another series of this author, I suggest reading that before you
Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads
Left me wanting

Well, shucks. I have so enjoyed the two series (Arsen and Dryas' stories) associated with this book (Damen's story), and was looking forward to this one. Unfortunately this book (more of a novella, really) left me wanting. Other than the initial introduction of Bianka and Damen we don't get any happenings that aren't included in the other series' books, and there isn't much in the way of backstory or development since the book is so short. I'd love to see Damen get his own series
Michell Hall casper
This is my first read by Olivia Ryann.

I give it 3.5 stars.....

I was intrigued by this book. Who doesn't like a good Mafia read. I enjoyed the plot and the characters. I know it was a novella. But just when it started it ended. I felt like we didn't get enough info. I felt a little lost. I did however like the authors writing.
Amy Dickinson
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am officially attached to the universe created by Olivia Ryanns Cherish Underworld series. Thus far, as youve read on my blog, I have read the first three books in the series, Capture, Control, and Covet. And I am anxiously awaiting the conclusion, Cherish. As part of the author series, Cards of Love, Olivia Ryann wrote The High Priestess, a novella with characters culled from the Cherish Underworld.

Damien is the brother of Arsen, the main villain/anti-hero/hero of the Cherish Underworld. In
Heather Miller
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short novella.

In Olivia Ryanns Cherish Underworld series, we have Capture, Control, and Covet. The High Priestess, a novella with characters culled from the Cherish Underworld.

Damen Aetos is a Mob boss, and many call him a Madman. He has won a bride, Bianka. This story begins with Bianka, a twenty-two year old virgin the daughter of an Irish mobster, who has been bequeathed in marriage to Damien. Now this frighten young woman is being forced to marry someone she doesn't know, Damen.
Dora
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

Wowthis book is dark, intense, riveting and suspenseful! This short read was impossible to put down, and it will have you on the edge of your seat. I wasn't expecting the turn this story just took; it has quite an unexpected surprise that is jaw-dropping good! Olivia, your dark romances are the exceptional! This is the story of Damen Aetós, also known as Madman and a mob boss, who is the brother of Arsenmain character from the Cherish
Marnie
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What does the High Priestess card represent to Bianka and Damen.

Two people destined to meet and move forward on an unknown path, traveller Bianka, is blackmailed by her Patriarch father into marrying mob boss Damen Aetos, nicknamed the madman for his sociopathic killer tendencies. He is brother to the main character, Arsen Aetos in Olivia Ryanns Mafia Romance, the Cherish series, and this is a short introduction to him and his new wife Bianka.

Granted, there isnt much time to get to know Bianka
Teresa Juckett
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow was this book sooo good. I have to say once again how damn glad I am that Olivia Ryan aka Vivian Wood made the switch to the dark side, because her stories are just what your looking for in a dark read and this book is no exception.

This is the start of Damon's story he's the other brother to Arson in the Cherish series he's known as the "madman" and he lives up to that nickname. He want's to have his own territory and to do that he has to convince his brother that he's "calmed down" so
Julie
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well here we are again hanging on with yet another cliffhanger, Olivia Ryann your writing just gets better, your definitely the lady of the dark , dangerous and oh so captivating storylines. This story follows Damon the brother of Arson( who we met in the Cherish series) who is forced to marry Bianka in order for her father to clear his gambling debt he owes Damon. The book is short, fast paced, ties in with the Cherish Series and just leaves you wanting and so full of questions that you hope ...more
Catherine
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
This novella ties in with her Cherish dark romance series, but this story is about another brother, Damen. Damen is a dark and twisted soul and nothing he does is without purpose, but the reader is left to wonder the end game of his marrying a Roma girl to collect on a gambling debt from her father (who offered her up without hesitation BTW). Bianka has strengths of her own, ie: she is a tarot reader and has "feelings" about people or situations that can lead her in the right direction. She ...more
Jordan Leger
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It started with a bang!
I had never read one of Olivia's book prior to this short story. A story that kicks off the beginning of a must read series . I'm hooked!
Bianka was betrayed by her own father, who gambled against a mob boss, Damen "Madman." In trade, her two-bit father offered her to Damen to marry. Damen took the offer, debt paid, right?
Poor Bianka comes off scared in the start, which she should. She's never met the man she'd be marrying. But as the short story goes on, she seems more
CeeJay Daisy
❤🌼🔥SO, DAMEN AETÓS DOES HAVE A HEART!!!!!❤🌼🔥
After reading CAPTURE, CONTROL and COVET, I had written off DAMEN AETÓS aka MADMAN, as a sociopathic mob enforcer who runs his life by reading Tarot cards....Who knew he had a heart❤???? ❤🌼🔥
The hand of life Bianka Braemar has been dealt is horrible.....When her father pays his gambling debts with Biankas hand in marriage to the MADMAN, there is only one solution if she is to save her little sister Cass from the same life she has lived...and, possibly,
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
Wow! Im new to this author and new to this series and oh boy has this book ignited a fire...I need to get acquainted them! Given to a man to pay off a debt she is embracing her future as she has no choice yet her inner guide has deserted her when it comes to this man. Making a deal to take her sister along for the ride has she gambled more than she can afford to pay? Meeting the new in laws reveals more of herself to him but can they make this work? This was a fast paced short read that was ...more
SaraLou
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really hope this is just the start of their story, I wasn't ready for it to finish.
I need more of Damen and Bianka!! Fantastic start to this Aetós brothers story.

Bianka Braemar is being forced in to a marriage to repay her Father's debt. She agreed to do it to protect her younger sister. Bianka holds power over Damen but she doesn't know it yet.

Damen Aetós is known as the Madman, he's killed people in cold blood and he like it. The moment he sees Bianka something changes in him, he feels the
Babel
Darkly appealing. There's something sinfully alluring about arranged marriages when a mob boss is involved. Especially so if the bride is coerced into the nuptials by her need to protect a loved one.

This little story is coloured with an innocent bride who has preternatural feelings about the future, a criminal brother who has disturbed lusts and a masquerade teeming with evil undertones.

A prequel to a future arc of stories, and linked to an ongoing series right now about one of three brothers,
Carla
Carla's Five Star Review

I received an arc of this book, and I read and provided this review voluntarily.

Damen. The Madman. Known for his strength and brutality, he certainly lives up to his nickname, but is there more to him than meets the eye?

Bianka. She may be petite in stature, but she is the definition of a strong woman, and she will do whatever she must to protect those she loves. Will she be the one to finally tame the Madman?

What a great introduction to Damen and Bianka's story! These two
Mary Mutisya-Astin
Loved this teaser into Damens story. If you have read the other books on the Cherish Underground series then you would have met him already. He is Arsens brother, the one obsessed with checking his tarot cards to see what may happen. So when he meets Bianka and feels so drawn to her, he isn't surprised when the high priestess card shows up yet again. When his world is quickly turned upside down he now has to figure out how to keep her safe from harm as well as what her purpose may be to him.
This
Becca
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Intro! I want more!
I really enjoyed this novella. I will say that I have not read any of the series that it is connected to and that probably impacted how much I liked it. Damon is (I guess) a real monster in the series and I did not get that vibe from him in this book. Sure he has some of the characteristic of being a bit harsh or crazy but not with Bianka. Now I want to see where they go and why Bianka impacts him the way she does. It was a great introduction to the characters and their
Amanda McCalip
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm ready for more!!! Damen and Bianka were an absolute thrill to read about. Olivia Ryann has not disappointed me with these darker books and this one is no different in that aspect. Bianca is married off to the dark, mysterious, Damen and she is not happy about it at first. She seems to open up to him a bit though when she realizes she's kind of stuck with him.

Damen chooses to marry Bianka to consider her fathers debt paid. He winds up helping Bianka immediately though by helping to get her
Belinda Harris
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Olivia Ryann has done it again.
OMG This is a book I could not put down.

Damen is known as "The Madman" and is a Mob Boss.

Bianka is going to be married to Damen. Her father has a huge gambling problem and it is not just money that he has used and lost to Damen. He gambled away his daughter.
Bianka is going to marry Damen so that her younger sister doesn't have to.

Bianka makes a deal with Damen so that her sister would be safe. She would have to do anything and everything that Damen tells her to
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Cards of Love: The Emperor
  • Hanged (Savage Men, #5)
  • Cards of Love: The Pope
  • Cards of Love: Death
  • Cards of Love: The Tower
  • Cards of Love: Ace of Swords
  • Cards Of Love - Queen Of Pentacles
  • Cards of Love: Judgment
  • Bad Reputation (Bad Behavior Duet #2)
  • Cards of Love: Knight of Wands
  • Cards of Love: Three of Swords
  • Cards of Love: Justice
  • Cards of Love: Seven of Swords
  • Lost Petal (Petal #1)
  • Wicked Games
  • Don't Let Go
  • Dark Castle (The Dazzling Court #1)
  • Married To My Enemy
Olivia Ryann is the dark romance pen name of Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Amazon Top 20 Bestseller Vivian Wood. She loves poetic phrases and bits of melodic memories. She adores dominant, hard men and soft, fragile women with backbones made of steel. She wants to put them together as often as possible, in unconventional ways.