Start by marking “Missing Him” as Want to Read:
Missing Him

Missing Him

The much maligned and misjudged, Emery Pearson, sits facing prison therapist, Dr Susan James, in order to make a last ditch attempt to win her freedom after the chance of happiness with the only man she ever loved is cruelly cut short, in this roller-coaster tale of passion told through revealing flashbacks. Contains adult themes.
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 317 pages
Published February 20th 2018 by Self-Published

To ask other readers questions about Missing Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing Him

Dianne
L. Penn takes readers into a world of true love, very dark, true love as one woman, fighting for her release from prison recounts her life with her lover while in therapy. Follow the chaotic love affair between Emery Pearson and Jack Charles as told through flashbacks, but be prepared!

MISSING HIM is raw, very graphic and the pages share more than many readers will care to read as sexual pain and pleasure, control and dominance take prominence in the volatile, yet definitely deep romance between
Susan Hampson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible story this is! There are two distinctive time lines running through the book, both told by Emery Pearson, one present day where she is serving a 12 year prison sentence, the other as flash backs of what she is telling prison therapist Dr Susan James about the relationship she had with Jack Charles, her lover, her partner and her soul mate since school.
From the start I had no idea why Emery was serving such a long sentence, so I was jumping to conclusions at every new chapter.
Steph Warren
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
*I received a free copy of this book, with thanks to the author. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

We begin Missing Him with the main character, Emery, talking to a psychiatrist in prison. Evidently Emery has committed a crime, but what she has done is concealed from the reader from the start, as we slip back and forth between Emery’s session with Dr Susan and her past actions and relationships that led her to the current point.

There is a very distinctive writing style at work h
Romi || Romi Reads
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
* This book contains, besides adult themes, domestic abuse *

I had a kind of love-hate relationship with Missing Him. On the one hand I had a difficult time really getting into the story, because it was hopping from one thing to another; from a flashback to the present. Sometimes the timeline was a bit confusing, which made it hard for me to follow the story. The messy sentences and grammar errors made this even harder at times, but that's something I can get over quickly, as long as the story is
Ruth B
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, romance
There are these stories that take your heart and soul on an emotional ride that leaves you feeling empty and sore. 'Missing Him' is one of those raw stories, it's not a simple love story, there's nothing sweet when you love with your heart and soul.

This is Emery's story and her love story with Jack. They've known each other for years and life keeps joining them together. We now have to figure out how Emery ended up where she is. The story jumps between the past and the present and piece by piece
Happy Booker
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Missing Him is a women’s fiction novel. It is a love story about a woman who seeks therapy in order to win her freedom. Happiness does not come easy for Emery and what entails in this story. The narration is told in the first person, and the literature contained a beautiful Romanic flow of storytelling.

I found the protagonist to be stronger than what she was thrown at. In enjoyed the relationship she had with the supporting characters and the dynamic between them all displayed the skills of a go
Joy D. Fanning
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book comes in hot right away, diving the reader into the drama and world of Emery. Each chapter is a mix of flashbacks to the steamy, volatile romance between Emery and Jack and her sessions with prison therapist Dr. Susan James. It took me a bit to get used to this back and forth but after a bit, it becomes expected.

This story can be very graphic, so if that bothers you, you may want to stay away from this one. If you like raw, realistic, graphic romance or drama then this book is perfect
Amy Shannon
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
great Read

Penn pens a unique story and a great read in Missing Him. This is the first time I've read Penn's work, so I was not familiar with the author's writing style, and found that very unique. I liked that that author was bold, giving the main character (and narrator) intense and gritty scenes, lending to the plot line. Emery is the main character, and she's involved with Jack. Penn gives the reader a great story, and a different technique at writing romance, as it's definitely not your typi
Hannah Symonds
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the fact that straight from the word go, this story is powerful, we as readers get to read about flashbacks that Emery is having and about how her life has changed. There are an interesting bunch of characters and many emotional and intriguing things along the way with family and friends. The ending left me in tears. A thought provoking read.
Cheryl
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Missing Him : A real love story is a book by L. Penn, which follows the story of a troubled young woman, Emery Pearson. She finds herself in prison, speaking to a therapist, Susan James, but the reader doesn't find out until the very end of the book why she is behind bars.

full review on my blog : https://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspo...
Jamila Mikhail