Start by marking “The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin” as Want to Read:
The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin

The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin

No one could have thought up a more amazing character than the living, breathing Benjamin Franklin. He was everything from a "soapmaker, candle dipper, and printer" to a "postmaster, political activist, community reformer, revolutionary, statesman, international diplomat, and first great citizen of a nation which he, as much or more than anyone, helped to create."

Published November 8th 2005 by National Geographic Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin

Start your review of The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
This is my second favorite of all the covers she's done, and I also love the title page illustration. However, I was disappointed in the text. In places the wording seemed confusing, like she was trying too hard to condense a lot into a paragraph. On the other hand, the quotes along the bottom from his Autobiography, Poor Richard's Almanac, and other writings made me want to pick up those works and read them. Franklin is one of those people in history that I'd like to meet if only I had a time ...more
Angie
Dec 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile-non-fic
Ben Franklin did many great things for our country. Didn't know he started from such humble beginnings or that he had so much ... family drama, shall we say?

Kid appropriate. Only thing I would say is that there is an awful lot of text for a "picture book biography." One of those cases where the teacher would say "no, that's not long enough for your report" but the younger kids would get lost in all the words.

Loved the quote around the portrait on the opening page ... "If you would not be
Zohair Khan
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was very good.It gave all the facts about what benjamin franklin was and what he did that helped the u.s.a. .I learned new things about benjamin franklin such as he ran away when he was l7.Or that when he first met his wife it was because he was eating rolls in a funny way.All in all this book gave me lots of facts about benjamin franklin.
Missy
Nov 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super book written in an entertaining fashion with great illustrations. I would like to read all the biographies in this serie. On a whole it was a couple years above my young boys, but I still wanted to read it to the end myself.
Holly Mueller
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
Kids could start with How Ben Franklin Stole the Lightning, then ladder it with this one. It's much more complex with many nonfiction text features. Next on the ladder: The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.
Eaginfamily