Start by marking “In Darkness, Delight: Masters of Midnight” as Want to Read:
In Darkness, Delight: Masters of Midnight

In Darkness, Delight: Masters of Midnight

Midnight strikes like an invocation, clock hands joining in prayer to the darkness. After the twelfth chime, theres no escaping the nightmare.
Fear reigns supreme.

In Darkness, Delight is an original anthology series revealing the many facets of modern horrorshocking and quiet, pulp and literary, cold-hearted and heart-felt, weird tales of spiraling madness alongside

Published May 6th 2019 by Corpus Press

To ask other readers questions about In Darkness, Delight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Darkness, Delight

Start your review of In Darkness, Delight: Masters of Midnight
Char
CORPUS PRESS is a publisher that I've grown to love. Everything I've read from them looms large over the competition and IN DARKNESS, DELIGHT is no exception! Featuring authors like Josh Malerman, Patrick Lacey, John McNee and William Meikle, among others, how could this volume be anything but excellent?

I can't cover all the stories here or my review would be as long as the book itself-because almost every tale in this book is good. What I'm going to focus on here are the ones that I found to
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Sometimes, as reviewers, there are books that are hard to review for one reason or another, and to me, the worst of those occasions comes when there's a book that I felt so confident I would love (in this case, due to my pre-formed love for quite a few of these creators), only to find that the end result was nothing like my expectations. Sadly, In Darkness, Delight is one of those occasions.

I'm not sure what it was about this anthology and me that seemed unable to mesh, but there were a
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scream-mag
Review originally appeared in SCREAM Magazine Issue #58

I love short stories! I think its so entertaining to grab an anthology and just read straight through the book, comparing and contrasting each authors contribution to the theme. I have found some of my favorite authors this way--sometimes one story will stand out among the others as particularly worthy of praise and adoration. If the storytelling was exceptionally noteworthy, I have been known to buy some of the authors short story
Kenneth McKinley
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, own-paperback
IN DARKNESS, DELIGHT

As I do with most anthologies that I review, lets not make small talk and simply jump right in:

Who Are You? - Ryan C. Thomas

A single homebody starts noticing people in public with no expressions and smile blankly with a set of horselike teeth. Who are these people and why does he keep seeing them everywhere? A freaky yarn that reminds me of a cross between They Live and the Twilight Zone. Loved it.

5 stars out of 5

In The Ground - Patrick Lacey

After Noah's father is killed, he
Brad Carter
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again, Evans Light and the guys at Corpus Press have compiled some of the most unique stories and even authors out there. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this anthology. There have been highs and lows. Moments where Ive wanted to cower in a corner out of fear and moments where Ive wanted to console those in anguish in the stories. Of course there are some stories that I prefer to others, but overall this has something to offer everyone that reads it. If you like horror thats not just ...more
Phillip Smith
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars to this solid collection. The best stories of the bunch dealt with grief and loss in ways that were truly captivating. Standouts include "The Pipe," "Angel Wings," "The Dogshit Gauntlet," "Every Lucky Penny is Another Drop of Blood," and "Refuge."
Cassie Lola (holo.reader)
Ive said it once, and Ill say it again I love short story collections! Ones from single authors are awesome, but I also really enjoy anthologies of collections from different writers put together. If edited well, the collection of widely different voices can, despite the odds, somehow come together to form a really cohesive whole. With IN DARKNESS, DELIGHTs first volume, MASTERS OF MIDNIGHT, Andrew Lennon & Evans Light did exactly that.

This was my first brush with many of these authors all
Well Read Beard
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
I am normally not a big fan of anthologies - that opinion is being changed by this book. Short stories are harder to read for me because every 20 pages or so you start anew, new characters, new setting, and so on. You combine that with each story being from a different author, different voice, different writing style. Well, you get where I am going. This book had none of those problems for me, and quite frankly it is my FAVORITE anthology of all time. I know that's a big statement, but it is ...more
Ahlissa
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Revel in bleak and digestible modern horror shorts in the form of Masters of Midnight, the latest collection from Corpus Press.

A warning, readers. The subject matter of these short stories was DARK and unrelenting. These are some of the most depressing stories Ive had the pleasure(?!) of reading. I wont point any fingers (TATTOOED ALL IN BLACK, ahem) but I was pretty devastated after finishing these up. These are not lighthearted or cheeky tales of horror-romp-madness. This is bleak, serious
Steven
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was another fun read and was part of my October/Halloween must read list. There were definitely a good number of memorable stories in this one, and even a few, I hope get made into a film for the theater or even a series like Tales From The Crypt on Shudder.
Edward Brock
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This collection is delightful dish of dark, fun stories. I dug it--and you will to.
Amanda (readlingoctopus714) Turner
Well...wow! I went into this short story collection not really knowing what to expect, because I had not previously heard of the contributing authors. However, I was enthralled and sucked into almost every story. Each story was its own unique stand-alone work of art, and I was more and more "delighted" with each turn of the page.

My favorite stories:

THE PIPE: This story gave me chills. It's the story of one father's punishment to the man responsible for taking his daughter away from him. I was
Suzy Michael
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
*I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my fair and honest review.*

Triggers: Racial Slurs, Suicide, and Domestic Violence

In Darkness Delight is an original anthology series, trying to encompass the many facets in the Horror genre. While the writing for the most part is well done and the stories unique, I feel that it didn't live up to the caliber of writing that Horror lovers have come to expect from many of the contributing authors.

In Darkness Delight contains 17
Joel Kleehammer
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Vaguely decent stories from amateur authors...

I chose this book because I wanted to read the second installment, and it just seemed right. Most of the stories were imaginative and well written, but almost all of them could stand additional editing.

I think Evans Light was the only author in this collection that I read before. His was definitely the best story in the book. I look forward to the second book, as I have read some of those authors multiple times and enjoyed their works.
Randa sperling
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great anthology. Love these short stories that have meat in them. Only problem was that the book ended too soon.☹ ...more
Jody
Nov 04, 2019
Hazel
Nov 25, 2019
Monique Youzwa
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sarah Sully
Oct 27, 2019

• In Darkness, Delight: Creatures of the Night
  • Doorbells at Dusk
  • Squad D
  • Gwendy's Magic Feather (The Button Box, #2)
  • True Crime
  • Jimmy the Freak
  • Dear Laura
  • The Pale White
  • Waiting Out Winter
  • Midnight in the Graveyard
  • Scars of the Broken (The Roger Huntington Saga Book 3)
  • Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories
  • The Reddening
  • The Apocalyptic Mannequin
  • Video Nasties
  • Resisting Madness
  • Slash
  • Violet
Andrew Lennon is the bestselling author of Every Twisted Thought and several other horror/thriller books. He has featured in various bestselling anthologies, and is successfully becoming a recognised name in horror and thriller writing. Andrew is a happily married man living in the North West of England with his wife Hazel & their children.
Having always been a big horror fan, Andrew spent a

News & Interviews