Start by marking “Pendragon Rises (Once and Future Hearts, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pendragon Rises (Once and Future Hearts, #3)

Pendragon Rises

(Once and Future Hearts #3)

She is invisible to everyone but the blind man…

Anwen is the least favored companion to Lady Igraine, the Duchess of Cornwall. No man will marry her, for she is old and plain. Instead, she teaches Igraine’s children to read.

Steffan of Durnovaria was once a celebrated warrior in the Duke of Cornwall’s army, a friend to Prince Uther, the High King’s brother, and destined for
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 300 pages
Published December 13th 2018 by Stories Rule Press (first published November 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Pendragon Rises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pendragon Rises

Start your review of Pendragon Rises (Once and Future Hearts, #3)
Marti
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sigh. Wonderful romance. Exceptionally researched historical novel. Uther Pendragon, High King of Britain, discovers and takes his Queen. Anwen, the lady no one wants, finds her love—a man who sees only her.
Alda  Delicado
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always a surprising an impressive work from the author. The story follows the Arthurian myth but possesses a host of secondary characters that are actually the main heroes of these books. This structure is interesting because there is a thread that links all the books but also creates a feeling of predictability. Even so the stories are very enjoyable as is the case of Pendragon Rises.
Anwen and Steffan are the heroine and hero this time although they are actually more anti-heroes. Anwen is a
Brittany
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this series. It’s hard not to become emotionally invested in any Cooper-Posey character, but I found that especially true with Stefan and Anwen. A mighty warrior struck blind and the overlooked mouse in the corner.
I have always been fascinated by the legend of Arthur and his knights of the round table and the mysterious Merlin. The Once and Future Hearts series begins decades before the birth of Arthur which allows you to immerse yourself in the culture and political clime of
Chandera
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The next book in the Once and Future Hearts series is “Pendragon Rises.” With each book the series just keeps getting better for I’m drawn into the book until completion. Tracy Cooper-Posey just has a way with her writing that draws a reader into her world. Especially with the characters, there is such depth. These two characters, Steffan and Anwen, had such depth between the two. Steffan of Durnovaria was a warrior who was struck blind who has such a way with languages. He was also Gorlois’ ...more
Dina Bushrod
The author never lets us down. This is the third book in the "Once and Future Hearts," a series that takes place during the time of King Arthur. A magnificent telling of finding love where least expected; of men and women both strong and weak. A new story told within stories of old, filled with adventure, lust, betrayals, beauty, and blood. It takes hold of the reader, makes our hearts beat faster, has us sighing at the wondrous feeling of love, gasping at the disaster that lust brings and the ...more
Gwen
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Anwen and Steffan seem like an odd couple but along this book they match. This is an amazing series and Pendragon rises although centered on Anwen the teacher and Steffan the blind ex warrior struggling at the Cornwall state, shows more of Merlin and his role with everyone’s destiny.
Uther’s obssession with a certain lady unravels big changes in the kingdom. Prince Merlin plays a big role in the making of great kings while he cannot be one.
I really liked Anwen’s happily ever after. She is plain
Betty Lambert
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was so good. This series is all about the time, set in Britain, of King Arthur. This book was all about Anwen, companion to Lady Igraine, the Duchess of Cornwall, and Steffan of Durnovaria who was a celebrated warrior in the Duke of Cornwalls army and friend to Prince Uther, the High Kings brother. Steffan was hurt during the war and ended up blinded. Since he could no longer fight, he was sent to Lady Igraine to help teach her children. He meets up with Anwen, who is also a teacher to ...more
Juneta Key
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite series set in the world of King Author. I love how the author uses history to tell the story. Each new addition has kept me turning pages and wanting more once I reached the end. I can't wait for the next one. Love the descriptions and settings that transport me to that world. Well told and well written. The main character is this one story were so unique, different, and unexpected. Highly recommended.

I volunteered to read an ARC and this is my honest opinion..
Bonnie Klein
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Saga Continues...

Another great story in the Once and Future Hearts Series, the fight for a peaceful Britain continues as the True High King dies and his brother becomes king.

This story is filled with treachery, lies, deceitful plotting, and fear.

The price each person has to pay to get what they want is steep. As usual, the cost isn’t negotiated beforehand. Power, selfishness, and greed yield bitter harvests.

If you enjoy Arthurian legends with Merlin and a host of others, I recommend this
Darlene Heaysman
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am enamoured with this book.

The more I read of this series, the more I want.

There is a mixture of real history, Arthurian legend and that special Tracy Cooper-Posey magic.

Anwen and Steffan's story is another side bar to the story of King Arthur but important just the same. The characters are very different to your usual romance story heroes and heroines. This gives a different perspective to the story and was very well-received by me.

I love this book and I love Tracy Cooper-Posey!
Miki
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
very good romance, Anwen and Steffan are perfect for each other, i loved how they love grew while they learned about each other.
it's really well written.
However i don't really like the part of treachery in the arthurian legend and we get that here so i would have prefered the focus only on Anwen and Steffan
Susanna Shipman
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series

I have read hundreds of novels of the Arthurian era & this series is fabulous. I can't put the books down once I get started. The basic legend with some interesting characters that fit well with the story!
Kathryn
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an immersing story! You will get lost in this fantastical and mythical world created by Tracy Cooper-Posey. The story told is a great continuation of the series. While the romance might be a slow burn, the story around it makes up for and adds a palpable tension.
Audrey Cienki
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story filled with action and intrigue. And that goes double if you are a Mary Stewart fan. Tracy puts together a wonderful story that parallels the Arthurian legends and history of that time while keeping the characters relatable and realistic. A definite read!
Katherine
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pendragon Rises is the third book in the Once and Future Hearts series.
I devoured this book which, if you've read any of the reviews I've written for this series, won't be a surprise. I challenge anyone to put this book down willingly.
As each book progresses, we build towards the Arthurian story we all know. But what I love here is that this series is cleverly building the momentum, including stories for Uther, Igraine, Merlin, Nimue, and Morgan - all before Arthur has even been born.
In this
Rosemarie
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really loved the couple, Steffan and Anwen, in this book, they were both damaged people who found love with each other. They both struggled with their pride, and there were a couple times where I wanted to shake Steffan and make him realize how important Anwen was to his happiness, but thankfully he eventually came to that conclusion on his own. I have to admit that I wasn't as very interested in the parts about Uther and the Arthurian legend, I sometimes found myself skimming over those parts ...more
Heather Baxter
Jan 30, 2019
Ann-Charlotte Sjöberg
Jan 30, 2019

• Haven 1: Ascend
  • Portrait of a Lady (The Gentleman Courtesans #1)
  • Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, Volume 2: Source Code
  • Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, Volume 3: Full Circle
  • X-Men '92, Vol. 1: World is a Vampire
  • X-Men '92, Vol. 2: Lilapalooza
  • White is for Witching
  • Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, Volume 1: Who Is Oracle?
  • The Cowboys' Wounded Lady
  • Flying Without Wings
  • Yellowstone Vows: Yellowstone Short Story (Yellowstone Romance, #1.4)
  • The Upstaged Coroner (Fenway Stevenson Mysteries Book 4)
  • The Note (Eddie Collins, #3.5)
  • Sword of Damocles (Eddie Collins, #3)
  • Citadels of Fire (Kremlins #1)
  • Charity (Distinguished Rogues, #3)
  • Ledston Luck (Eddie Collins #4)
  • The Lock (Eddie Collins, #4.5)
Tracy Cooper-Posey is an Amazon #1 Best Selling Author. She writes romantic suspense, paranormal, urban fantasy, futuristic and science fiction romances. She has published over 100 novels since 1999, been nominated for five CAPAs including Favourite Author, and won the Emma Darcy Award.

She turned to indie publishing in 2011. Her indie titles have been nominated four times for Book Of The Year and

Once and Future Hearts (6 books)
  • Born of No Man (Once and Future Hearts, #1)
  • Dragon Kin (Once and Future Hearts, #2)
  • War Duke of Britain (Once and Future Hearts #4)
  • High King of Britain (Once and Future Hearts #5)
  • Battle of Mount Badon (Once and Future Hearts #6)