Start by marking “The Vampire Knitting Club (Vampire Knitting Club #1)” as Want to Read:
The Vampire Knitting Club (Vampire Knitting Club #1)

The Vampire Knitting Club

(Vampire Knitting Club #1)

Vampires who knit
A troublemaking witch
Who killed Granny — and is she really dead?

At a crossroads between a cringe-worthy past (Todd the Toad) and an uncertain future (she's not exactly homeless, but it's close), Lucy Swift travels to Oxford to visit her grandmother. With Gran's undying love to count on and Cardinal Woolsey's, Gran's knitting shop, to keep her busy, L
Published October 4th 2018 by Ambleside Publishing (first published September 3rd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Knitting Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire Knitting Club

Start your review of The Vampire Knitting Club (Vampire Knitting Club #1)
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Vampire Knitting Club by Nancy Warren

First book in the Vampire Knitting Club series.
Paranormal cozy mystery.

Cute mystery where the granddaughter solves her newly turned vampire grandmother’s murder.
Imagine how fast you could knit with vampire powers. A sweater overnight. By hand!
Fun and imaginative. I look forward to reading more of this series.
Cheryl
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
OMG. When the first page of this book features the following line, you know things will only get better. "Todd, had stuck his salami in someone else's sandwich". I am very pleased to report that I was right. This book has everything that you could want in a cozy mystery...engaging characters, a fun storyline, and humor.

Lucy is so sweet. Instantly, I connected with her. In the wake of the death of her grandmother and an array of quirky characters, I thought she remained pretty level headed. Then
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
The Vampire Knitting Club is book one in the Vampire Knitting Club series by Nancy Warren. This is a a nice introduction to the series and a very cute cozy mystery.

Their is no shortage of ingesting and fun things in this cozy mystery. It’s light, easy, and a fun little read. We are treated to a murder mystery, magic, vampires who knit, & more.

Lucy travels to Oxford to visit her grandma only to find out she is dead. She soon has a mysterious stranger stop by, weird things happening around her, a
Bea
3.5 stars. Cute but not sickly sweet. A good mystery though it was mostly obvious. It was an interesting new take on vampires with enjoyable characters. I've already grabbed the second book.
Lena
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, vampire, fantasy
BAC0607E-E3A6-4FDC-8027-752DEDCC5ABC.jpg
“Sherlock Holmes had his Baker Street irregulars, and I had my Harrington Street immortals.”

After hundreds of years, and with heightened speed and dexterity, imagine what a badass knitter you would be!!!

This book was exactly as advertised; a cozy murder mystery with vampires, witches, and knitting, knitting, knitting. It was all of my interests combined and I was thoroughly entertained.

I would gush more but I’ve downloaded book two. Just remember...
1524A423-62B1-4096-A069-9ED62BE4C443.jpg
Emily
Lucy Swift inherits her Grandmother's knit shop after finding out she has passed away. However, Lucy soon learns that her Gran was a mystery of her own and someone was behind her death. Throw in a mysterious Vampire and and Lucy's world is becoming a lot more interesting.

This was an unexpected treat. The story is quickly paced and full of interesting characters. I liked the concept of this story, I thought it was a great way to start a new series and as a crafter this was a story I could totally
Aly is so frigging bored
I think this is my first cozy mystery ever! And I loved it! Lucy is funny and likable and I couldn't help but love how she handled her situation. Also, I loved the details Ms Warren included about Oxford, now I can't wait to visit it. I can't wait to see how she's learning magic and adapting to being a business owner.
Amber J
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Adults
I'm giving this a 3.5 stars. While it wasn't bad, and I loved all the talked of handmade items. I found the story to be kind of blah. However I'm holding out hope that it being a series the story will get better. The character development left a lot to be desired in my opinion. I think if given the chance to know them better than the story would have been so much better. I do have plans to finish the series at a later date.

Micky Cox
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fantastic cozy paranormal to spend the day with being entertained and intrigued. A great plot coupled with well developed and loveable characters draws you and keeps you invested. The audiobook was fabulous as the reader really helped breathe life into the already well developed characters. I absolutely can't wait to get started listening to the next book in the series! Audio users, I am excited to add that so far it appears that most of the series, if not all is available via audio!
Gail
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a kindle copy from the book funnel for my honest review.

First off I love the cover!

A brand new series for Nancy Warren with a different writing aspect with the paranormal but still is a cozy mystery. A fast paced and fun loving read. Great cast of characters! Cannot wait to read the next book in the series!
Jenia
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
I think I'm just not really into cozy mysteries in general, but this was a very cute book. It did take a little while to get going, but it was very sweet after it did.

SPOILER for first third of book:

I also just don't think the first part works tbh. We readers *know* (because this is the genre) that the grandma is a vampire, not dead. But the MC doesn't. So she's sort of mourning, but she's still kinda looking at cute guys and being all light-hearted and joking because hey that's the g
Lola
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked the idea of a vampire knitting club and decided to buy a copy of this book. It sounded like a fun paranormal cozy mystery book and that's exactly what it was. It mostly was a fun read, but it failed to fully grab my attention. And it was one of those books where there were lots of little things that didn't quite work for me and they just add up.

The story follows Lucy, who is in her late twenties and isn't sure what to do with her life. When she is visiting her grandma in Oxford she disco
Sapphyria
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lucy Swift is at a point of uncertainty in her life. She knows that spending time with her grandmother in Oxford will help her sort things out. When she arrives in Oxford, she heads to the knitting shop her grandmother owns to find it closed. Unable to find her grandmother in the shop or at home, Lucy heads to one of the other shops. Inside, she learns that her grandmother died weeks prior but no one was able to get ahold of Lucy or Lucy’s mother. Upon further investigation, Lucy also discovers ...more
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting to blog 5/13/19)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2WzS4qO

Oh my gosh. The Vampire Knitting Club was a blast. Light and easy and just a fun little para-romp.

The Gist: Lucy's grandmom has passed away and left Lucy her knitting shop. It turns out she can't knit, her Gran's more undead than dead, now, and that quiet little knitting shop? Well, it's come with a herd of knitting vampires and a whole host of other crazy happenings to keep her busy. First order o
Helen Robare
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've been knitting since I was 12 years old and I'm a senior citizen now so the title of this book intrigued me. While it isn't Shakespeare or Tolstoy, it was an enjoyable quick read. The characters were fairly well written and the knitting vampires were fun to read. The book flowed along and didn't get bogged down in unnecessary characters. The author seems to know her yarns and knitting patterns but I wish she would have included a pattern in the book though I do understand why she couldn't/di ...more
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
For the start of this series it was pretty well written. Lucy was expecting to see her grandmother for some support due to a break up but what she got was a sad find. Her grandmother has died but what she discovers is that her grandmother didn't die as she was told. Many things come to light and Lucy finds that what she came for is exactly what she didn't know she wanted.
Blodeuedd Finland
This was short and amusing. Plus is has vampires knitting, that was strange and good.

Lucy inherits a knitting store from her gran, and Lucy can't even knit! She also starts wondering if her gran was murdered...

Which ok the blurb does spoil it and then there is the whole title, so yes her gran was murdered and she is now a vampire. And vampires in Oxford seems to enjoy knitting.

Something strange is happening. Who kille her gran. Is there something else going on? Ok, I can't say more, but things a
Meg
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good, a fresh and easy paranormal/mystery read! Very likeable characters, fun premise. Looking forward to reading more! 4.5*
Sara
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was just super cute. I wan't more!
Tracy
This was a cute cozy mystery. I have to admit I thought it was going to be overly predictable about halfway through but I was completely wrong. I would read on in this series.
Snarktastic Sonja
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alright. This one snuck up on me. I listened to it and as I started I thought Sarah Zimmerman was going to drive me absolutely batty. As I progressed, however, she really grew on me and she does a great job with all the accents. They may not be perfect, but they are adequate for my ear and I do not know any better.

Her reading style is very relaxing. She nicely and effectively conveys all sorts of emotions, yet it is still relaxing and entertaining. I've finished the series now and as I just wan
Dj
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another of the new fad of paranormal cozy mysteries. This one does have a twist or two and makes for a very fun and enjoyable read. won't be winning any prizes for Great Literature, probably won't even be mentioned by Oprah, but sometimes you have to have something a little lower on the ladder to read. This fills that bill very nicely. After all, how can you overlook a book that has sweater knitting vampires?
Sandee
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thoughtful, engaging and so much fun. In a general way this book reminds me of A Discovery of Witches in a cozy mystery form. The author doesn't hurry us through this book in any way. Each scene provides us with information that adds to the story and the mystery. The drama builds but there is enough humour and action to keep it fun. I have already picked up the next book in this series.
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library

Lucy Swift has been let go from her job (downsizing) and caught her fiancé cheating on her. So she spends some time with her parents at an archaeological dig in Egypt then runs to Oxford to her loving grandmother to get some comfort and life advice. Except when she gets to her grandmother’s knitting shop she finds it closed and her grandmother has died. What?! But Lucy soon finds out that not all is at it seems and she must figure out what has happened or end
Sonja
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
The premise was brilliant - I mean, who doesn't love a vampire knitting club! This story had many threads. The pace was fast, and the characters wonderful.

I'm deducting points because the book could have had better copy editing, and there are just some things that don't add up in the setup. Please, don't let that stop you from actually reading the book, because it is very entertaining.
Moondance
Cardinal Woolsey's knitting shop has appeared on postcards celebrating the quaint views of Oxford, of which there are many.

Lucy Swift travels to Oxford to visit her grandmother following a bad break up. She is deeply saddened to learn that her grandmother has died just weeks before she arrived. As the sole beneficiary, Lucy moves into her grandmother's flat and plans to re-open the yarn shop.

Lucy is a likeable character. She is strong willed and determined to discover what actually happened to
Denae
Not a good book, but not bad enough I won’t read the next one. The conceit amuses me.
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved!!! What a fun book! This is exactly the kind of vampire/witch book I love to read. Fun, not dark. Even with the mystery going on the author still kept it fun to read. A few twists kept me guessing. I did have a few suspicions, but I was wrong!

I loved the characters, they were perfect. I loved Lucy, what a sweetie. But, I really loved Rafe! Yum, what a hunky vampire hero type he was! I would love to know who the author would cast as him in a movie. Also loved Ian, the cop, als
Aly
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75

Have you ever had a vampire want to knit you a sweater? Well, it happened to Lucy Swift.

It all began when she went to Oxford (after catching her boyfriend cheating and losing her job), to visit her grandmother and help her with her knitting shop (no matter that Lucy can't knit worth a damn). But upon her arrival, she learns that her grandma died and left Lucy in charge of her business, asking in her will to not change a thing about her knitting shop. So that's how our heroine discover that:
Ruthie Jones
The Vampire Knitting Club is such a fun cozy mystery, with all the elements that I love: England, knitting, vampires, witches, kittens, and a handy tea shop right next door.

Lucy Swift is a great main character. She is endearingly flawed and honestly confused with all the changes in her life after returning to Oxford to find out her grandmother had died weeks ago and named her as the new owner of the knitting shop, Cardinal Woolsey (which is the absolute best shop name). And being an owner of a k
Readers Unbound: Vampire Knitting Club 16 15 Mar 31, 2020 11:14AM

• The Wonkiest Witch (Wonky Inn #1)
  • Witchnapped in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #1)
  • Great Balls of Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Murder Above the Fold (Elder Witch Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Spells & Shelves (Library Witch Mystery #1)
  • Dead and Butter (Southern Psychic Sisters Mysteries, #1)
  • Paramour Bay Mysteries Books 1-3 (Paramour Bay Mysteries Boxset Book 1)
  • Cozy Halloween Cozy Mystery Boxed Set
  • That Old Witch! (The Coffee Coven's Capers #1)
  • Newly Wed and Slightly Dead (A Touch of Magic Mysteries #1)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sweets Shop, #1)
  • Haunted and Hexed (Blackwood Bay Witches #1)
  • Fur-miliar Felines (A Wonder Cats Mystery Book 7)
  • Six Merry Little Murders: Christmas Cozy Mystery Novellas
  • A Bottle Full of Djinn (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community #1)
  • All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar, #1)
  • Pixie Me Up (Newborn Pixie Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • Charms & Chapters (Library Witch Mystery #2)
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She calls Vancouver, Canada home though she tends to wander. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times when she launched Harlequin’s NASCAR seri

Vampire Knitting Club (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Tangles and Treason
  • Stitches and Witches (Vampire Knitting Club #2)
  • Crochet and Cauldrons (Vampire Knitting Club #3)
  • Stockings and Spells (Vampire Knitting Club #4)
  • Purls and Potions (Vampire Knitting Club #5)
  • Fair Isle and Fortunes (Vampire Knitting Club #6)
  • Lace and Lies (Vampire Knitting Club #7)
  • Bobbles and Broomsticks (Vampire Knitting Club #8)
  • Cat's Paws and Curses (Vampire Knitting Club #8.5)
  • Popcorn and Poltergeists (Vampire Knitting Club #9)