Start by marking “You Me Everything” as Want to Read:
You Me Everything

You Me Everything

"Equal parts wry comedy and touching family drama, it's ultimately a heartbreaker that'll stay with you long after you're done." --Marie Claire

"Glass of chilled ros�, check. Comfy chair, check. Box of tissues, check. You Me Everything is everything you need for a moving, funny, heartbreaking, and ultimately joyous read." --Susan Wiggs, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Map of the Heart

Set in the Fre--Mariedone."
Published June 25th 2019 by Penguin Books (first published April 19th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about You Me Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Me Everything

Start your review of You Me Everything
Larry H
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars for this one.

What is it about books with pronouns in the title?

Me Before You, Everything I Never Told You, The Geography of You and Me , and now, Catherine Isaac's You Me Everything , all turned me into an emotional wreck when I was reading them. (I know there are countless other books which fit this bill, but these come to mind first.)

"Everyone's future is uncertain. Most of us don't think about the fact that we could be run over by a bus tomorrow. We plod thro/>
Louise Wilson
Set in the French Countryside Sick of his lies, cheating ways and complete lack of interest in fatherhood, Jess left her boyfriend, Adam, only months after she gave birth to their son. Adam moved to France to follow his dream, unencumbered by a series relationship and a child he never wanted. Ten years later, Susan, Jess's mother, lies in a nursing home, battling a debilitating disease. Susan forces Jess to recognise that William needs his father in his life.

Jess and William spend th
Pauline
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
You, Me, Everything by Catherine Isaac is a story about family and relationships. Jess is trying to cope with being a single mum to her ten year old son. She is also trying to cope with the fact that her mother is suffering from Huntington disease. Jess takes her son on holiday to France so that he can spend some time getting to know his father. This trip will be a learning curve for everyone. I would like to thank NetGalley and Simon and Schuster UK for my e-copy in exchange for an honest revie ...more
Sandie Bishop
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favourites
Wow! What a brilliantly written, lovely book. Everyone: you HAVE to read this if it's the only one you read this year. Just make sure you have the tissues handy though as it WILL make you laugh and cry throughout its pages.
Megan Prokott
A French charcuterie of cheese ball and idealism.
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book reviews on www.snazzybooks.com

Ohh, what a wonderfully written and emotional book - I didn't want to stop reading, despite the tears (I do cry easily but even so, this was a heartwrencher!).

Catherine Isaac's writing feels so like real life - in many ways but, at its heart, just in the way she portrays dialogue and actions - it all feels natural and so convincing. The situation - Jess trying to get her ex (and father of her child) to bond at last, whilst dealing with her own problems and those of
Mellie Antoinette
A classic chic lit romp through the quotidian of everyday life. I am not sure I understand the recent trend to throw a horrible illness into the backstory of cozy fiction. I feel like it’s a stop gap for an otherwise uneventful storyline. Personal opinion. Maybe I’m alone on that one?!

So this is the tale of Adam and Jess whom we meet just as they are falling out of love with each other. On the advice from her mother who is suffering from the last stages of Huntington’s Disease (which
Kavita Kumar-Karthik
Kathy - Books & Munches
The one thing that definitely deserves to be mentioned first is how there are so many hard topics tackled in this novel. From illness to alcoholism to being a single parent to the pressure kids can have on a relationship - it's all there!
And all those topics made this book that more amazing to read because they are incorporated in a real, genuine way that made my skin crawl at times. You can feel the hardships all characters are dealing with - purposely not mentioning names because spoiler
Saarah Niña
Underwhelming

This book fell a little short for me. Just, underwhelming considering I thought it might be like Jojo Moyes' Me Before You or just Moyes' writing. The only comparison? It's a love story. And, one I didn't enjoy very much. Nor, did I like the way the book was written- it was unnatural. The reader was told too much too soon. There was no anticipation, until near the end but everything else was immediately put out there. I had no curiosity for the story being told and so, it wasn't n
Myrna
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A good summer read. Slow at first but got better. Not as light as the cover conveys. Had some serious issues but some funny and heartwarming ones too. 3.5★s!
Stacey A.  Prose and Palate
This was a DNF for me.
Katie Ziegler (Life Between Words)
Perfectly sweet summertime read!
Cassidy (Cassidys.Bookshelf)
I'm going to keep this one short and sweet. The setting of the book takes place in the French countryside and you can't help but want to be there with the characters. The story revolves around Jess and Adam and their son William. Adam has never been an ideal father, leaving shortly after his birth and only seeing him a few times a year since. Jess wants more for her son and is making one last attempt to make things right between everyone all while holding back a secret of her own. Overall, I enj ...more
Irena
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to come.
Jo
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Oh My Heart! I just need to take a little breath before I write this review, because this book is just so incredibly gorgeous. It is such a beautiful book. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and I fell in love with all of the characters. I couldn't focus on anything else while I read this book, set in the beautiful Chateau de Roussignol, in the French countryside. It waa all consuming.

It's a book about lost love, about paternal lov, about the love between mother and daughter, and the
Grace J Reviewerlady
I'm not quite sure exactly what I expected from this novel, but I got so much more than I ever thought. It will leave you worn out, exhausted - and desperately sorry that you've reached the final page.

This is usually where I give a brief outline of the book - without giving away more than the synopsis alludes to, but this time I don't want to expand on the blurb one little bit. This is a book about happiness, friendship, children, relationships, family, secrets and love. It begins as
Donna Hines
Bloody Brilliant! "Sometimes, it takes darkness to see how we shine."
"When you're surrounded by love, you have nothing to fear."
A love story unmatched by the struggles and triumphs of a world in which 'trust' takes center stage.
Jenn, Adam, and William are on a journey. A journey that helps them define who they are and what they each bring to the relationship.
Separately they are fine but together they are magical!
Jenn suffers from anxiety, depression, and is currently try
Littlebookworm
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jess and Adam split up ten years ago; during which time Jess has been single-handedly raising their son William, whilst Adam has been busy making a new life for himself in France. Now Jess decides to take William to France to spend a summer at the hotel that Adam runs, in the hope of encouraging some father and son bonding; though both Adam and William are unaware of her true reasons for doing so.

This book is actually by Jane Costello writing under a pseudonym, and I can see why she
Stephanie (Stephanie's Novel Fiction~on hiatus))
You, Me, Everything by Catherine Isaac is a witty moving novel with just the right balance of romance, humor, and sadness. Since the book is set in the idyllic countryside of the Dordogne valley in France, and the French countryside is one of the top 10 places in the world that I've visited, I could not help but curl up, imagine I was back there on vacation, and immediately get lost in the lush, vivid summer scenery of Château de Roussignol, the castle renovated by Adam, ex-boyfriend (and father of her young ...more
Lynn Pribus
Many glowing reviews here, but although this book dealt with some difficult issues, I had an unshakable impression that this author cut her teeth writing "romances." For me, the giveaway clues were the life-changing decisions made on a minor misunderstanding, the detailed descriptions of rippling muscles, glistening skin and throbbing hearts, the constant push/pull between Our Heroine and Our Hero and the introduction of a Diverting Male.

After I finished, I explored her bio and found
Colleen Maclennan
The positive part of this book was learning about Huntington’s disease and how debilitating it is. The rest of the book was a Harlequin type story where boy meets girl, falls in love, baby boy arrives, father of baby leaves because of miscommunication, mom raises boy but later wants boy to bond with dad . During a summer vacation Dad bonds not only with his son but the woman he left many years ago.In between a lot of shallow characters with petty problems.

Viv
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dull pretty much sums it up. The story itself was ok but I just didn’t care about the main character. She was boring and one dimensional despite the sad back story. I could see where the story was going a mile off. I like a good love story as much as the next person but I need to care about the characters and this book didn’t do that for me. I listened to this book rather than read it so stuck with it to the end, not sure I would have bothered if I was reading it.
Thea
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I won this book. it was OK, about two women with Huntington's disease. It was very predictable. Do not bother to read it.
Arlene
It was sad... it was happy... it was emotional... it was everything.
Joann
What a charming read this was. Jess, who has been raising her 10 year old, Willian, goes for an extended visit to the chateau, in France, that William's father has recently converted. She is hoping that William and his father, Adam, will be able to bond. She has a very good reason to want this to develop. Without dragging the whole plot out, I will just say that it was an enjoyable read, though predictable. There’s just the right balance of humour and sadness with hidden secrets being revealed. ...more
booksofallkinds
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, this book really got to me and it is a story that will not be easily forgotten.

Jess and Adam fell in love but it wasn't enough to keep them together. Ten years later and at the request of her beloved mother who is fading away before their eyes, Jess is heading to France with her amazing ten-year-old son so that Adam can form a real bond with their child. And who wouldn't enjoy a few weeks in a lovely chateau in the beautiful French countryside? But with worries from home crowding in on her
Fabulous Book Fiend
I loved this book, i loved the way the story was told and I loved Jess as a lead character. This books is exactly what it says it is, heartbreaking and hopefully all the same time. You will not want to put it down once you have picked it up because Jess is such a great character to spend time with, but also you will need to know what is going to happen next. As soon as I started reading this book, I felt like I just needed to settle in for the night because once I was there, there was no way I w ...more
Jessica
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had absolutely no idea when I picked up this book to read how emotional it would be! It is a real tear jerker so you will definitely need plenty of tissues when reading this!

The main character Jess has been through so much and at parts of the book you just think it can't get any worse for her then it does and my heart just went out to her. She is an incredibility strong person that you instantly connect with.

The thing I loved most about this book was that when I was reading
Melissa
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful book!
Reminiscent of Jojo Moyes' writing, this book celebrates everything there is about love, family, grief, acceptance, and taking the leap when you can't see the future clearly. It's such a great story of hope when you feel like things seem completely bleak.
I loved the characters, the humor, and the touching moments.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

• How I Lose You
  • The Lido
  • Attend the Light
  • Goodbye, Paris
  • Hamlet Park
  • Running Out of Time (A Dodie O'Dell Mystery #3)
  • Counting the Days While My Mind Slips Away: A Love Letter to My Family
  • The House at 758
  • Searching for a Silver Lining
  • A Cloud in the Shape of a Girl
  • Adequate Yearly Progress
  • Riley Knows He Can
Here’s me in a nutshell: I born in Liverpool, England and my first experience of writing was as trainee reporter on the Liverpool Echo - a job I loved and in which lifelong friendships were forged over deadlines and quite a lot of beer.
I worked my way up to become Editor of the Liverpool Daily Post, but after five years at the helm I finally tackled my long-standing ambition to write a novel.
I w
“perhaps because of, the fact that Natasha doesn’t seem to notice that Joshua’s favorite subject” 0 likes