Start by marking “A Study of Household Spirits of Eastern Europe (Spirits and Creatures Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Eastern European mythology and folklore contain a rich, colorful blend of Christian and pagan tales, customs, and rituals. Many have lost their original significance, but others are still practiced—especially in remote, rural locations.

House Spirits, the first in a series of books, will take you on a journey to discover nine fascinating house spirits you may never have he
Published December 9th 2018 by Bendideia Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Study of Household Spirits of Eastern Europe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Study of Household Spirits of Eastern Europe

Christy Nicholas
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adore the history of mythology, especially for a culture for which I have only a passing familiarity with already. The commonalities I find between the different mythos are fascinating and compelling. The author’s presentation of the beliefs in these Bulgarian and Slavic folklore is given in digestible and interesting bits, with illustrations, examples, dark sides and light sides of each entity. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Julie Powell
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fascinating look into the beliefs about mythical 'beings' that, although aged ideas, are still thought about even today in Eastern Europe. It also laid out how Christianity took on Pagan beliefs as their own...thus expanding the concepts of 'otherworld' and superstitions that were used to explain the unexplainable.

It seemed very well researched and thought out. Each section included 'facts' and fiction, beliefs and general knowledge, however, I really liked the stories that were set ou
Kayla Krantz
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-authors, random
A fascinating study of things odd and unusual, this book reads a lot like a field guide introducing us to 9 different spirits. While I’ve studied a lot of folklore, I’ve never heard of these, and I thought the little tidbits and background information about where the tales originated made the guide that much better. Not to mention the illustrations.
Maria
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love learning about mythology, folklore, and spirits from around the world. I am so glad I bought this book and I look forward to the next book of this series. Aveela’s book is an incredible treasure trove of house spirits stories. This compilation of spirits is a must for those who wish to enrich their knowledge of Eastern European house spirits. The book is richly researched and well-written. I love the amazing illustrations, intriguing photos, and fun facts. It is a fascinating read, and an ...more
Tobin B.
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author discusses mythology and spirits, using ancient and modern sources to discuss creepy and fun facts about spirits in folklore. The reader is left with enough information to decide on their own if they believe the tales are true (as many do), or simply superstitions that left people a little more cautious about things that go bump in the night. A generous amount of pictures and colored font make it an even more pleasant read.
Laurence St John
Jo Dodson
Feb 11, 2019
Carlie
Apr 15, 2019
Ronesa Aveela is “the creative power of two.” Two authors that is. The main force behind the work, the creative genius, was born in Bulgaria and moved to the US in the 1990s. She grew up with stories of wild Samodivi, Kikimora, the dragons Zmey and Lamia, Baba Yaga, and much more. She’s a freelance artist and writer. She likes writing mystery romance inspired by legends and tales. In her free time ...more