Start by marking “Stone Cold (Rebecca Watson Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Stone Cold (Rebecca Watson Series Book 1)

Stone Cold

(Rebecca Watson #1)

Detective Rebecca Watson is tracking a vicious serial killer in Eugene Falls, Florida. As a distraction, she's dragged back into court for the retrial of a man convicted of murdering his girlfriend five years earlier. His defense attorney will use any means to get his client freed, including uncovering old wounds from Watson's past.

As the case takes a few hard turns,
Published October 31st 2018 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

Start your review of Stone Cold (Rebecca Watson Series Book 1)
Monnie
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Starting a book by an author with whom I'm not familiar always makes me nervous. Will it make me eager to read another or want to toss it in the garbage? In this case, knowing I'd promised the author to write a review when I finished added another layer of distress; goodness knows, the last thing I want to do is hurt anyone's feelings. But I'm happy to say that within the first couple of chapters, my worries went out the window. Not only did I enjoy it thoroughly, I've found a new series that ...more
Linda Strong
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Detective Rebecca Watson has her hands full. She and her partner are looking for a particularly vicious serial killer who cuts out the tongues of his victims before killing them. He's also leaving bible verses at each scene.

If that wasn't enough to keep her busy, she's having to testify at the re-trial of a man convicted of murdering his girlfriend five years previous. His defense attorney will try to do whatever he can to get his client off ..... even trying to discredit Rebecca.

With a serial
Melanie Thurlow
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I recently had the opportunity to read an ARC of Stone Cold by James Glass.

Stone Cold is told from the first-person perspective of Rebecca Watson who, as the synopsis explains, is a detective. She’s dealing with the stress and anxiety of going through a retrial on a case of a convicted murderer, while also working on a new case trying to hunt down a serial killer. So she’s dealing with a lot, working off little-to-no sleep, and basically taking coffee by IV, until both cases come to a shocking
Divya Mahajan
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
have read a detective series with a female lead after a long time and I was not disappointed . Though it is not a edge of the seat thriller but still is a very good read. The backstory of the lead detective is not a hindrance to the story but rather builds it up. Here the hero detectives are not cold fearless robots perfect with no flaws but very human with emotions flaws and fears with anxiety issues.
The best thing I liked about this book was that it not lengthy with long descriptions but
Shabnam Curtis
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An interesting (or beginning of an interesting) stories of Rebecca Watson. Her personality is real with heroic traits as well as flaws.
I admire the detailed scenes that keeps the reader right in the middle of the story.
This is a well written book that takes the reader to different journeys along with the protagonist and her surroundings. It’s a story of crime, love, humanity, and human insecurities and fears like real life.
I enjoyed reading it as an advanced reader and congratulate James
Reece
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The thing that stands out in this novel, Stone Cold, by James glass is how the author has crafted the main character, Detective Rebecca Watson. We first find her in court dealing with a hostile defence attorney whose only chance to save his client is to make Rebecca look incompetent.
Next, she is seeking a serial killer with her physically attractive partner Tony Francisco. The killer has left a trail of dead bodies after being released from Guantanamo Bay seeking revenge from the corrupt
Meg Lelvis
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a well-written novel with interesting characters and plenty of drama inside and outside the courtroom. There are two murders to resolve; one is a re-trail of a man who is presumed guilty by the protagonist, Rebecca Watson. Meanwhile, a serial killer is on the loose. I can't resist saying the situations give new meaning to the cliche, "tongue in cheek". The story is written in first person from Rebecca's POV, which gives deep insight to her character, along with personal issues she faces ...more
Ted Persinger
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Watson is now up there with my favorite detectives, right along with Alex Cross and Harry Bosch. Detective Rebecca Watson is tracking a vicious serial killer in Eugene Falls, Florida. If that wasn't enough excitement for the reader, she's also dragged back into court for the retrial of a man convicted of murdering his girlfriend five years earlier. His defense attorney will use any means to get his client freed, including using dirty tactics and uncovering old wounds from Watson's past. ...more
Katherine Hastings
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just spent an entire night and day devouring this book! I received an ARC copy and finally sat down on a rainy evening to read. From page one I was hooked! I blew off my entire day today to finish since I couldn’t put it down. The characters are engaging, the writing fantastic, the storyline had me flipping faster and faster, desperate to find out what happens next. Normally a reader of romance, it always shocks me when I find a book in a different genre that can capture me the way this one ...more
Tina O'Hailey
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie_authors
From the very first page I realized that I was in for a sleepless week. I couldn't put Stone Cold down and couldn't wait to get back to it every chance I could. Now I can't wait to read more. Rebecca is my new favorite detective. Rebecca's past is brutal and she has to face up to it in the most public way. She's my hero. Stone Cold is a fast paced chase to find a serial killer that will keep you turning the pages. An excellent and frightening read. I'm ready for the next book in the series now, ...more
Dustin Walker
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I grabbed this book off Amazon because I happened to really like the cover. Normally I don't pick a book based on its cover, but I wanted to know more. Also the tagline If the past holds you prisoner, will justice set you free. Again, this sparked my interest. Then I read the first paragraph and never looked back.
I thought James Glass did a wonderful job weaving a great plot, combined with a strong story, and followed up with awesome characters.
Detective Rebecca Watson is tracking a vicious
Mark Wheeler
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm always on the lookout for a new author, but always hesitate to read someone new on the fact I could be wasting my time. Stone Cold was no waste of time. In fact, the only thing I didn't like is the fact that the book came to an end and now I have to wait until the next in the series comes out. Rebecca Watson is a genuinely great character readers love. She's a no-nonsense detective on the outside but is vulnerable on the inside. I love antagonists who are real and James Glass nailed his ...more
Vernon Frost
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Rebecca Watson is bad-ass. I really loved her character and her aunties were hilarious. They reminded me a lot of the girls from Designing Women. The serial killer is this book freaked me out. The way he killed his victims gave me nightmares for a week. Great story and i absolutely loved the ending.
H.M. Holten
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
An Assertive Novel
A courtroom drama ― a criminal investigation. A tortured criminal investigator forced by her circumstances to come to terms with childhood trauma. An ambitious novel from the hands of J Glass.
Demetrius Smith
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really, really, really like Rebecca Watson. She's the kind of character I love to read about. I first met her in Things Left Behind where she worked alongside LT Mark Wheeler of the South Carolina, PD. I found her witticism and sarcasm refreshing in that story. In Stone Cold I learned more about her inner demons she struggles with on a daily basis. In this crime thriller, we find Watson dueling against a defense lawyer who pulls no punches to try and get his client found not guilty of a murder ...more
Brittany Pate
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Stone Cold kept me up at night until I could finish it. I really sympathized with Detective Rebecca Watson. It's an edge-of-your-seat, the-suspense-is-killing-me kind of read that had me turning the pages long after I should have gone to bed. Excellent writing, wonderful characters and a story that will keep you guessing. I couldn't ask for more!
Rebecca Alvarez
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stone Cold is a crime thriller and apparently the first in a series with recurring character, Detective Rebecca Watson. While she is tracking a serial killer, she’s also testifying in the retrial of a killer convicted several years ago and dealing with her own traumatic past and distracting new feelings for her partner.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. I like crime dramas and the complexity of the plot kept my interest. Rebecca is a well-developed, realistic character that I could often relate to,
Margaret Walker
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found Rebecca Watson to be an original character. I liked the idea she struggled with her upbringing:her father being murdered, he step-father molesting her and her mother abandoning her all before the age of 12. What a tragic life. Instead of giving up she grew up to be a homicide detective who is very good at her job. I also liked the relationship she had wit her two aunts. If not for them, she may have ended her life long ago.
Tina Mason
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This crime thriller had me hooked from the first page right up until the last page. I don't normally like new authors but James Glass is a fresh drink of water. I really connected wit the main character, Rebecca Watson. She struggles with her internal demons yet still finds the strength to do her job--finding bad guys. Her aunties are hysterical, her partner s a hunk, and the DA is one bad-ass chic. I can't wait to read the next one in the series.
Tim Freeman
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stone Cold is a story about Detective Rebecca Watson is Eugene Falls, Florida who at the moment is tracking a vicious serial killer in Eugene Falls, Florida. As a distraction, she's dragged back into court for the retrial of a man convicted of murdering his girlfriend five years earlier. His defense attorney will use any means to get his client freed, including uncovering old wounds from Watson's past.She's beautiful, smart, and knows how to work a case.
James Glass has really spun a great story
Rebecca
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think can rightfully assume that author James Glass plans to make a series out of Detective Rebecca Watson's very interesting cases. It's just great when an author can pull off a current case that's unrelated to anything to do with the protagonist--she's just doing her job--and a past case that reveals something about the protagonist's background that could have a significant impact on another case. The author held two points of conflict in sharp contention, which kept me turning the pages.

Kimberly-Dawn Quinn
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very good police procedural with a main character who edges are rough enough for the cynical world of being a homocide police detective. There are enough peripheral characters that give this book more depth than straight up murder mystery. The backstory is a bit rough and I prefer to not give spoilers—so will stick with sexual assault. The murder mystery at the core of the story is well written.

The Narrator did a very job between a lot of dialogue and variety of characters.

There were some
Joyce
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Stone Cold was gripping from start to finish and grip I did where I could not put it down finishing in less than 24 hours. Wonderful to see a strong female lead in Detective Rebecca Watson reminiscent of Kate Beckett on Castle. Both haunted by a parent's murder and a traumatic childhood that did not kill them but made them stronger in the pursuit of justice in the world. Her past resurfaces in every aspect of this mystery from the
Jai
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
If the serial killer hunt and courtroom showdown weren't enough to hook you in, then Rebecca's spunk and sarcasm surely will. This book honestly had me at serial killer and did not disappoint. I especially liked how the entire story weaved through two plot lines simultaneously, all while our strong female lead detective struggled from the threatening backlash of her dark past.

The crime scene scenarios were remarkably descriptive and not for the faint of heart. I incredibly enjoyed Rebecca's
Afroj Chandra
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book Stone Cold by James C. Glass, by far, is one of the few thrillers that held my curiosity till the end. Of course, there were two things for which I can't give all stars to the book. Firstly, the two situations here are unrelated, I sometimes lost track of events and mixed up characters from the detective's own past and the current case she was working on. Secondly, some parts made me feel "okay this is typical...nothing new". However, beside these points, the book shows the inner ...more
Hannah Culleiton
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I decided to step out of my reading comfort zone and grab a thriller, Stone Cold, and I'm so glad I did. Rebecca is a strong, multi-dimensional heroine and an easy MC to fall in love with. The different plots in the book that tie her life together were like working on a puzzle the entire time. The ending of the book brought me the same satisfaction of putting a 1,000+ piece puzzle together. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a twist-turning mystery with a splash of ...more
Judith A Maugeri
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely one of the best books I've read all year. Multiple plots but done and written so well that is not confusing. Definitely is one of those books that you can't put down. Looking forward to reading more books by this author. Number one thriller and full of suspense.
Joseph Lewis
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
My kind of Thriller! So pleased I read this book. Strong, interesting characters. Great story line. From the opening page to the last, a can't-put-it-down thriller! Will I read more from this author? Heck, yes!
Chirwa K.M. Manaia Torre Amos
REVIEW

• He...will take you with him from...to...with such smooth dexterity and command that you will let your guard all the way down, confident that there won't be any mail from knowledgeable readers saying 'must have been, must have been.' •

Stone Cold is Book 1 in a proposed Detective Rebecca Watson series. After reading the book, you might want to invest in the entire series and wait impatiently for the next installment. If not for Watson then for James Glass.

The prologue at the beginning of
Norma
( Format : Audiobook )
"For good men to do nothing ..."
Detective Rebecca Watson is in court, giving evidence in the retrial of a man who, five years previously, had been convicted of brutally killing his girlfriend. It was a case which brought back sad memories as her partner had died at that time, but she was unprepared for her troubled childhood to also come unexpectedly to haunt her. Meanwhile, the mutilated bodies of several men had been found in the area: looks like there is a serial killer

• My Lovely
  • Morwen Cottage
  • The Meadows
  • The Rescue A Ghost Assassin Affair
  • The Taking of Peggy Martin
  • Wager of Death
  • Sensual Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #2)
  • Winter Hawk (Evidence, #9)
  • Silent Evidence (Evidence, #8)
  • Bad Decisions (Agent Juliet #1)
  • Close Your Eyes (Kendra Michaels, #1)
  • Untraceable (Tracers, #1)
  • Reckoning (American Ghost #2)
  • Smokescreen (Eve Duncan, #25)
  • Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
  • Red Stone Security Series Box Set: Volume 2 (Red Stone Security, #4-6)
  • Where I Belong (The Debt, #2)
  • Best Kept Secret