Start by marking “Fuck Off Squad. Collection” as Want to Read:
Fuck Off Squad. Collection

Fuck Off Squad. Collection

Fuck Off Squad by Nicole Goux (Murders, Jem and the Holograms) and Dave Baker (Action Hospital, Suicide Forest) is a graphic novel that follows three would-be miscreants as they attempt to navigate the trials and tribulations of growing up in Los Angeles. Needless to say, it's the greatest comic about Instagram, skating, and low-key trying to date someone while you're stil ...more
Published October 15th 2018 by Silver Sprocket

To ask other readers questions about Fuck Off Squad. Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fuck Off Squad. Collection

Jessy
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
*3.5*
The art in this book is so beautiful and pastel pink. The story is about love and friendships and glimpse into their lives, I really enjoyed it. The little introduction bubbles were cute. Need more of clark!
Erin
Picked this up at Quimby's in Chicago over the weekend. Really 3.5, but I couldn't give it a full 4. I loved the art style, all black and white with washes of pink, although the pale pink on white made any text message exchanges in the book impossible to read. The characters were stylized and really cute, and I'm probably not cool enough to hang out with any of them.

Unfortunately, while the story starts off strong, there are a bunch of unfinished loose ends and the story just kind of...ends, in
Sierra
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
totally awesome slice of life.

I picked up this book because the cover art is super cute and man, did it not disappoint. The story is centered around 3 friends and kinda just gives you a glimpse of whats going on in their life right now. There's skating, gaming, friendships, and some bad break-ups. Two of the characters are lesbian and are trying to deal with young love/people who don't love you back. Actually Id say "young and in love" is the main theme to the book, just dont expect any happy e
emma
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really love this pastel pink, black, and white comic. I’ve been wanting to find it since i started listening to Baker’s podcasts years ago, and i wasn’t disappointed. F* Off Squad follows three friends as they navigate love and friendships. The art is amazing and tells the stories in such artful, interesting ways, utilizing instagram, video games, and music in natural yet fresh methods. It's quite stunning. Also, the queer poc representation is very cool.
Jesús
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This blends the slice-of-life qualities of Jaime Hernandez’s half of Love & Rockets with the winks and nods of Bryan Lee O’Malley’s Scott Pilgrim books. It’s a heartfelt book that wears its sincerity on its sleeve—which unfortunately means that it can feel a bit saccharine at times. The use of pink against white mostly looks great, but it also makes certain scenes and techniques *very* hard to read (one scene with an extended text message conversation was a massive strain on my eyes).

The wr
Audrey Marquardt
This is a fun, intimate snapshot of three friends as they navigate the complicated romantic relationships in their lives. I love Goux's art style and as the essay in the back noted, the use of captions does a great bit of world-building while being coy and avoiding a wall of text. A nice short story that doesn't necessarily offer any answers or much resolution, but strives to capture what dating and loving is like in your late teens/early twenties.

Very glad I got to meet the team at NYCC 2018 :)
Megan P
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
F*ck Off Squad is fucking impeccable. It’s beautiful to look at, the characters remind me so much of myself and people I’ve had to fortune to know (and skate with) and I’m real grateful to have met Nicole and Dave this past weekend at a con. And everyone should dedicate an afternoon to reading f*ck off squad (and then the evening to read it again).
Mikey The High School Librarian
Amazing! Love every bit of this graphic novel. The characters are like able, they are very human, and the management of drama was perfect! I absolutely loved the art, the detail work, and the caption box usage throughout the entire series. I’ll be looking into more of this writer and artist! Love!
Brianna Carosi
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Picked this up at NYCC 2018 and I'm so glad I did. What a wonderful slice of life comic. The characters are real and relatable. The dialogue is fantastic. I think what really makes the comic is the art. Loved the main use of pink.
Giselle A Nguyen
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Loved the concept and wanted to like this much more than I did. The colours are beautiful but the story was pretty flat and unengaging. Reread any Bryan Lee O’Malley instead cause that’s pretty much what this is trying and failing to be.
Courtney den Elzen
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love love! Yay for queer and poc representation!!! Thank you thank you thank you
Catherine Lloyd
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
It's not bad but it's also really not my personal style. If you liked the film Skate Kitchen, you'll probably enjoy this!
Hannah Collins
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, poc
Has a Scott Pilgrim vibe but with skateboarders.
Kat Hulu
Shelves: lgbt
WHERE IS THE NEXT ONE
Sara
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This graphic novel is written with humor and a realism that stays with you. The style is somewhat reminiscent of O'Malley's.
Patty
Jun 12, 2019
Teenie Ortiz
Oct 09, 2018
nea
rated it did not like it
Nov 10, 2018