Start by marking “Among Heroes” as Want to Read:
Among Heroes

Among Heroes

If you’re going to fly into the path of an oncoming hurricane, there’s only one man you want as Captain: ex-Air Force pilot, Rook Terzi. But why would you do ever do such a thing in the first place? This definitely isn’t the smartest decision Rook has ever made, as evidenced by an abrupt landing on the wrong side of Coxa de Peru, but being marooned isn’t all bad. In fact, ...more
Published October 2nd 2018 by TC Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Among Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Among Heroes

Start your review of Among Heroes
Teal
DNF @ 12%

Booooooring. A passenger jet flies into a hurricane (yeah, don't question the setup) and crashes, and yet it is So. Boring. Probably because of the 10 or so characters on page so far, not a single action, thought, or word of theirs has seemed credible to me. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if they'd all died in the crash? At any rate, I have no incentive to continue.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I don’t know what I was expecting with this story but I don’t think it was this. I am terrible about reading blurbs if we are being honest. This was more a case of two Alpha males and the author; I didn’t really need anything else aside from that info.

Let me just start by stating how happy I am that there wasn’t blood and guts. Plane crashes, in books I’ve read in the past, have a tendency to freak me out. I am so thankful this was so very tame. It was like a G Rated crash and I approve.

Ok, so,
Joyfully Jay
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

So this was an interesting book for me in that I loved pretty much everything about it except for one of the main characters. So let me start with what worked for me here. Tanya Chris has created a really fascinating and engrossing story of this small group stranded after a plane crash. I loved the survival elements here and watching these guys figure out how to last in this remote part of the island. They have some limited supplies they are able to salvage from
Becca
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
For the most part, I liked this book. A plane crash in the middle of a hurricane and people trying to survive. Especially considering the different personalities. But one personality in particular got on my nerves this whole book. I know he was written to be that and he actually, underneath that cocky attitude, was smart and could be counted on. But Bryce just took things too far sometimes and it was hard for me to read at points because of it.
Rook, being an experienced pilot, figured he'd be ab
Renee
Sep 20, 2018 added it
4.5 Stars

Tanya Chris once again created a world full of richness and complexity. This is more than a romance book. The author is never shy about going a step further in her books. While there's definitely romance and sizzling chemistry, she also manages to weave in issues like encroachment of native lands and religion.

The character development in this book is hard to truly review. In almost every way it is phenomenally done. In the beginning, I disliked both main characters passionately. Howeve
Linda
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
🌴Jungle and jealousy with no java! What an adventure😱😲😜
October 2, 2018
Format: Kindle Edition
👍👍4.5 stars
I love the wide variety of plots Tanya Chris comes up with for her 👬 MM❤ romances! This one had plenty of 🔥 steam, hard and half naked bodies, and thrills as a ✈plane crash lands a small group in remote jungles where survival will depend on working as a team. Pilot Rook and hotshot YouTube adventurer Bryce strike up a sniping rivalry that morphs into a grudging respect and so much more.;-) The
Sarita Chapdelaine
Shelves: arc
This is another amazing book from Tanya Chris. I love this intriguing, well-written, fun, hilarious, adventure-filled story and all of the incredible characters. I was so engrossed in it that I could not put it down and read it in one sitting. The author's description of the island and the area where they crash is great too. The story centres on Bryce and Rook but the author does focus on the other characters as well. The group of people that ended up together after their plane crashes are very ...more
J
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Okay, I'll first admit that this is a horrible, awful cover. Would you believe that the MC's depicted are a commercial airline pilot, formerly in the Air Force (as a pilot) who never wears anything but a suit and the other MC is a You Tube star with a wide following because of his good looks, humor and the exciting and thrilling adventures he personally goes on and films and then puts on You Tube. The guys on the cover look like dorks.

Anyway, the two MC's and a few other people are the passenger
Judy
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have a hard time waiting for this author to publish new books. She writes so many different genres and I enjoy all the variety. She knows how to grab you and keep you turning pages until the end and then wishing it wasn’t the end. This has happened to me again with Among Heroes.

Among Heroes is a totally different take on a relationship. Rook and Bryce would probably never have been attracted to each other in regular day to day life. They definitely would not have formed a relationship with eac
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
This is a well-written, highly entertaining & heartwarming MM romance.
It is about: two men (ex-Air Force pilot, Rook Terzi) and (a passenger: YouTube personality Bryce Norris) and their journey to love and happiness (after a lot of emotional & verbal conflict)
There is: some twists & turns, intrigue, suspense, drama, humor, adventure, some action, disagreements, insults, taunts, attractions, arousal, distrust, verbal banter, fear, arrogance, attitude problems, deceit, sexual innuendos, discovery,
Dixiecowgirl
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delightful, steamy and fun enemies to lovers romance that will keep you reading all night long. I so enjoyed this story-line because it was so much more than a plane crash and a hot romance. I really liked how the secondary characters played an important role and how the author wove the issue of encroachment of native lands into the plot.

Bryce and Rook kinda collide in this story and there is such a struggle for control. I so enjoyed their journey to get rescue help and the waterfall scene had
Ng
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-reads
This book was a quick and light read. A passenger flight (MC1 ex-airforce pilot, Rook) flies into the hurricane, against the advice of his co-pilot and crashes. For the first several chapters, Bryce, MC2 and a YouTube personality, annoyed me to no end. Things get better and the characters grow by the end of the book. I was not sure about how commercial passenger flight work in real vs this book. But there is no real adverse conditions and things work out for everyone.
Esther Alayeto
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great story that is a very enjoyable read. It's a hot and steamy enemies to lovers story of 2 men who grow closer while marooned on an island with a group of plane crash survivors. Bryce and Rook have great chemistry but they fight it as they struggle for control on the island. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. ...more
Jacs
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adventure and Daangerous Antics

Great story. I enjoyed the characters and the premise of the story with a happy ending. Rook and Bryce are interesting characters with a bit of spice.
Jules
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great HEA

Loved all the characters. Enjoyable read about a group of survivors even though a bit unbelievable. Easy to visualize the love-hate relationship between Bryce and Rook. Best HEA!
Sali
Nov 28, 2019 marked it as did-not-finished
Dnf at 22%
One idiot asshole + one arrogant asshole.
Erica Gray-Nelson
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly Funny!

Well written and an enjoyable read. The characters are well developed and relatable. The book is also laugh out loud funny.
Jeanine Beaulieu
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it

This is a great book,,you know the opposite of hate is love,,,well this book has it,The author did. Great job writing this book
S
Oct 23, 2020 rated it liked it
I’d rather it have been a two person marooned book, but I’ll take what I can get. I love a good castaway romance! This was an okay read.
Kaila
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
good story.. i enjoyed these characters and i liked how they become who they need to be. very good and enjoyable.
Gugulethu Johnson
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a pleasure read. Really loved it. If you are a fan of lost (the television series) like myself then you'll definitely enjoy this. ...more
Bo
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Put Those Glasses On!!

For half this book we are trapped in the forest of the mythical Caribbean island of Coxa de Peru along with a handful of people who survived a plane crash in a hurricane. All the passengers survive, with one having a very bad injury, and the focus from the start is on the pilot, Rook Terzi (foreground on the cover in the glasses) and the YouTube adventure personality Bryce Norris.

That Bryce is openly gay and a hero to the LGBTQ community and Rook is also openly but more di
Eolia
rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2019
Jan 24, 2019
Jayhjay
Dec 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Fractured Truth (Consequences of a Sin, #1)
  • Sugar Season (Maple Springs #3)
  • Sunshine & Shadows
  • Unnatural (Enlightenment, #4)
  • Broken Triangle (Eternal Soulmates #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)
  • Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • Winter’s Promise (Captured Heart #1)
  • A Cup of Joe
  • Any Given Lifetime
  • Unscripted (Unscripted, #1)
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #3)
  • Awkward Hearts (Ann Arbor Hearts #1)
  • We Met in Death
  • Cold Pressed (Seacroft, #2)
  • Alpha Chef (J.T's Bar, #2)
  • From Bodyguard To Boyfriend
Tanya writes in a variety of romantic and erotic genres, being an avid follower of many of these genres herself. Some of her favorites are M/M romance, MFM threesomes, and BDSM with male submissives.

Tanya lives in New England with her boyfriend and her cat and has participated in many of the activities about which she writes, but not all of them. It's left to the reader to decide which are which.