Start by marking “Unleashed” as Want to Read:
Unleashed

Unleashed

(Long, Tall Texans #50)

She vowed to never trust another man...until she met him.

A passionate new Long, Tall Texans romance from New York Times bestselling author Diana Palmer

Clancey Lang knows how to run. She's been doing it since the day she fled her abusive home to save her and her younger brother's lives. That was the same day she decided to never let herself depend on anyone else. E
Published June 25th 2019 by Hqn

Start your review of Unleashed
Jenny
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Like my friend Leigh said this book lacked passion and angst. It was a good read but not the best Diana Palmer book. The suspense was solid. Typical DP with experienced but celibate hero and virginal heroine. Hero is in love with another woman for the first half of this book so this might bother some people but it was platonic. Epilogue with their son was very sweet. I can't wait for more 'Long Tall Texans' love this series!
Zubee
Ok so this is DP and I read all her books ... the newer ones are not really to my taste but I still read because its DP ... she is a long time favorite ...
She has a formula which she uses ... poor h ... well off H who is often a jerk to the h ... h has medical issues, she is deeply religious, conservative and equates intimacy with sins, there are a dozen judgmental tropes in the book ... sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't ...
This h was poor and had medical issues ... H is in love
Leigh
I’m huge Diana Palmer fan and own over fifty of her books in paperback. I always look forward to her books even if I don’t always love them. Unfortunately, Unleashed is one of those books that I didn’t absolutely love.

Unleashed doesn’t have that angst and Diana Palmer flare with a sweeping saga-like romance. Instead, Unleashed was rather tame in the romance department. This is her usual romance formula with a sweet virginal heroine who is lives in poverty but is proud and intelligent and quite
Dar
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clancey was refreshing as a Palmer heroine. She had faced hard times, yes. She had a health issue, yes. She was terrified of men, double yes. She was naïve in a way that made absolutely no sense, but of course. But she didn’t shy away from her life. She didn’t bemoan her situation; she took action to look after herself. She had a sense of humour that was applicable to her surroundings. She didn’t hold out foolish hope that someone would fix things for her.

Banks also was a refreshing Palmer hero
mad4rombks
Typical Palmer read of late. Too repetitive with a clueless hero and heroine.
Mary Kirkland
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clancy was young when her parents died, but she still had her grandpa and her younger brother until her grandpa disappeared. Her step brother was down right mean as hell to both her and her little brother but he's been in prison for a while for what he did to them. Because of what happened she's gun shy around men. But she comes to trust Colter, her boss when he takes care of her when she gets sick.

Colter has been burned in the past and still pines away for the girl that got away but when he fi
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
When I want to read an amazing passion filled western romance, I don’t have to look any further than two authors and one of them is the amazingly talented Diana Palmer. Her books never fail to pull me to the heart of the story and keep me hooked until the very last page. I always feel like I’m coming home after a long time away when I read her novels.

Unleashed is magnificently written. I loved reading about Clancy, Tad, and Colter……they were three characters that I just couldn’t get
Latifa Morrisette
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Working in the cold case unit eith Colter Banks, Clancy us the sole caretaker of her young brother Tad after the deaths of her parents. When the past comes back for revenge will she be able to live free once again or always live in fear? I love Diana Palmer's books and she has never disappointed me. I absolutely loved Colter sbd Clancy's story and I'm excited for more.
Marcia
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free ARC from NetGalley.com. This is my voluntery and unbiased review. Although have read many of the author's book, I read this as a stand alone.

Clancey and her little brother, Tad have had a challenging life for ones so young. Her parents and step father are dead, grandfather missing and her step brother, Morris, is in jail after he had attacked both Clancey and Tad, both ending up in the hospital. Because she testified against Morris, he has threaten revenge when he g
April Symes
Unleashed by Diana Palmer is book 50 in the Long, Tall Texans Series. This is Clancey Lang and Colter Banks' story.
IMO, this lacked the angst you normally find in a Diana Palmer LTT book. This had angst but it seemed to pale compared to previous books and the stories. I did like the main characters in this book for , even though it seemed to take awhile for them to finally get them together, Clancey was just the perfect virginal heroine for her alpha standoffish boss(hero) Colter.
I just wish t
Angelina Navarro
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Diana Palmer book, it was good but it was repetitive at times found myself yelling “you just stated that!” Or “we get it already get to it”. Found some errors when characters were talking. A cute romance story that I didn’t really see coming. The suspense was good and kept me on edge. It was an overall good story with great characters! Definitely would give another Palmer book a try 😊
Amanda B
DNF @ 50%

The story was so repetitive stating the same details about the characters over and over and I just wasn’t invested.
Meredith
Jul 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've given up on Diana Palmer.

Which is unfortunate. Her books introduced me to the world of romance novels. I loved the moral values she imbued her characters with, the men were men and the woman were, for the most part, strong and feminine at the same time. However the more you read of her work, especially her newer offerings, the more repetitive I find her plots. Most glaring example, the heroine always has a) asthma, b) a heart condition, or c) both. Combining this with the fact that her boo
Donna Repsher
Here I am again, reviewing the 50th title in Diana Palmer's Long, Tall Texans series, and, considering the issues I've had with her novels for more than the past decade, you may be asking why I volunteered to read yet another advanced reader copy of one of her novels--the answer is, it's by Diana Palmer, and for some strange reason, even knowing her formula, I simply cannot stop reading her any more than I can have sweets in my home but not eat any of them. It's a weird addiction, and in the cas ...more
Hayzbaw
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Diana Palmer has the romance formula down pact. I always love her books. Im always happy by the end but they make me cry throughout, love them.
Kim
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewd, fav-authors
Clancey Lang has lived in fear for years and wants nothing more than to give her little adored brother a better life. Colter (Colt) Banks is a hardhearted Texas Ranger who has been in love with his dead best friend's fiance' even before he died. Will Clancey change his mind? Can she trust Colt with her secrets?What happens when their pasts come back to haunt them? What is Clancey's connection to Colt's cold case?

Clancey is an administrative assistant for Texas Ranger Colt Banks. He d
Jessica Figueroa
Clancy hasn't had much of a stable life growing up in an unpredictable abusive home making it her mission to save her and her little brothers life after sending another to jail for assault. Now shes working with some texas rangers cold cases, its been a couple years and that brother who was in jail is out on parole for good behavior. Colter is her boss who has been working on the cold cases and one of a missing older man and getting news that a local prisoner is getting out not knowing there is ...more
Lisa Gibbs
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We return to the fictional Jacobsville, Texas this time for the story of Texas Ranger Colter Banks and Clancey Lang.

Clancey works for Colter and has seen violence directed at her in her young life. She also has custody of her 9 year old half brother Tad. She is sassy but shy and very naive. Not unlike most of Ms. Palmer's heroines. She takes care of Tad the best that she can but they are poor. She isn't looking for a man because of her bad experience but she will need to rely on her
Patricia Solla
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
Texas Ranger Colter Banks has an assistant, Clancey, who is not all that she seems. Colter is working on a cold case that actually involves her grandfather and Clancey also has a stepbrother, Mason, in prison for abusing her and Tad, her younger stepbrother. Clancey and Tad are living, poorly, in their family home, which is actually Mason's after the death of their father, Ben. Clancey lives in fear of Mason's upcoming release from prison as Mason is a very vindictive person and has sworn to get ...more
3.5 Stars

Diana Palmer is an author I haven't read in many years, but I quickly remembered that she definitely has a style all her own. Unfortunately it isn't one that I love.

She tends towards stories with a younger inexperienced woman, and an older more experienced man (an alpha male type character). I generally not a fan of these 'helpless' female stories where she needs to be 'rescued'.

All that being said, I did enjoy this story, even with those other factor
Lori
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been a lifelong reader of Diana Palmer's books, and quite enjoyed this one. True, it is her same formulaic romance - virginal, poor heroine, older, well-off hero. But, this time, the hero was not a total jerk like many have been in her more recent novels. Thank goodness. I need to have some redeeming quality in the hero. I really liked the chemistry between Clancey and Colton.

There were definite plot holes and a lot of repetition throughout the book. But, this seemed a nicer, kinder roma
Pam
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an electronic ARC from Harlequin through NetGalley.
Palmer has a distinct formula for her romances and this one follows the same plot. Young innocent woman in a difficult situation and an older man who is hardened by life. Though somewhat formulaic, I enjoy her work and appreciate the details she works in effortlessly.
It's always fun to revisit her Texans series as she makes a point of weaving her characters together in each book. Readers get glimpses of old favorites and h
Susan
Aug 31, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read one of hers in quite a while and now I remember why. She is terribly old fashioned. The helpless, poverty stricken female trope was on full display - a hallmark of her stories. The language was stilted and trite with a lot of "You'll be fine now that *I* am here" and "oh my, what did I ever do without you" type of dialogue.
I know there's a market for these sweet, more "traditional" romances but I wanted to tap out about halfway through with the climate change denial conversation.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Unleashed by Diana Palmer is book 50 in the Long, Tall Texans Series. This is the story of Clancey Lang and Colter Banks. I felt this was a standalone book for me.
Clancey parents have past which has left her step brother in her and her little brother's life. But that step-brother is very abusive. This has taught her to never trust a man, but then she lands a job working for Colter. Colter is a Ranger who is working on a case that starts to hit close to home for Clancey.
This was a really enjoya
Moira
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
It's been a while since I read a book written by Diana Palmer. This was not one of my favorites. Her books usually involve an experienced man who's older than the main female character. Thus was no different, however I felt like I was being preached too, not only by Grace, Colts friend and missionary but by the style of the book.

Of course there's a HEA , and the last 1/4 of the story was the saving Grace.

I received a free ARC eBook from Net Galley and the publisher for my honest opi
Sally A.
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by Diana Palmer. She is now added to my favorite list of authors. I found her novel enjoyable, well written, with wit, humor, and charm. Throughout the book I watched how she focuses on the positive good that our law enforcement officers do. She also brings into light how they work together with various community members. There is also the relationships that develop and grow throughout the story. It's a easy and happy read.
Lacey Westcarr
Aug 27, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh! Why, oh why, do I keep reading books by Diana Palmer. All of her books are basically the same two stories with different people. It’s so annoying. The ridiculous statements of virginal purity and ‘good old fashioned values’ are so over the top. One line that was repeatedly said ‘nice girls don’t wear short skirts’, about made me puke!

Such stereotypical characters. Ugh! Where is the negative stars?
Barbara Jordan
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LONG TALL TEXAN SERIES: COLTON BANKS & CLANCEY LANG... Colton, a Texas Ranger, helps out his clerk, Clancey, and her brother, Tad, whose lives are threatened. Join their tangles, struggles, sorrows, nightmares, lost loves, family and friends in some of the worst days of their lives. Full of suspense, heartbreak, heated passions, laughter, and heartwarming realizations making this one of DP's best! Five stars is not enough! Very entertaining! Enjoy!
Denise Schenk
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Another good book from Diana Palmer. I just didn't love this one as much as some of her previous books. Clancy has custody of her half-brother; and her step-brother had attacked the 2 and now is in prison.

Clancy works for Colter who thinks he loves another woman Grace. Grace returns to town and it's not like he thought it would be with her. Clancy is hiding facts from Colter as he works cold cases. Clancy's grandfather is a case he is currently working.
Linda
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The danger and mystery in Colter and Clancey's story was absolutely amazing! I also loved revisiting with with the old characters! Diana Palmer makes you feel like family. While reading you feel like you are visiting with friends! Everytime you open a book you feel like you are home! Absolutely loved this book and hopefully Cal Hosslister will find what he is looking for!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Texas Forever (The Tylers of Texas, #6)
  • Wind River Protector
  • Cowboy Christmas Redemption (Gold Valley, #8)
  • The Deception (Maximum Security #2)
  • Escapade
  • It's a Christmas Thing
  • The Seekers (Krewe of Hunters #28)
  • Lone Wolf Cowboy (Gold Valley, #7)
  • Christmas in Winter Valley (Ransom Canyon, #8)
  • Shadows at Dawn (Maximum Security #1.5)
  • Steel Resolve (Cardwell Ranch: Montana Legacy #1)
  • Just His Luck (Sterling's Montana, #3)
  • The Stalking (Krewe of Hunters #29)
  • To Tame a Wild Cowboy (Cupid, Texas #7)
  • Sweet Summer Sunset (Coldwater Texas, #3)
  • Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, Tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)