Start by marking “The Billionaire's Bargain (Blackout Billionaires #1)” as Want to Read:
The Billionaire's Bargain (Blackout Billionaires #1)

The Billionaire's Bargain

(Blackout Billionaires #1)

USA TODAY bestselling author

In the dark, he kisses her...

Not knowing who she really is....

When a blackout hits Chicago, billionaire Darius King makes the most of it with an irresistible stranger. But then the lights reveal the woman in his arms is the woman he hates--his best friend's widow! His new plan: entice her into marriage to protect his friend's legacy. But wil
Published June 4th 2019 by Harlequin Desire

To ask other readers questions about The Billionaire's Bargain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Billionaire's Bargain

*Dee Kaye's Book Bin*
A great start to a new series by Naima Simone!

Hero, Darius King was very intrigued by the woman who helped him through his panic attack during a blackout. But when the light of a new day comes shining through, the woman that floored him with her humor and sci-fi knowledge, he discovers its none other ... than his deceased best friend's pariah or persona non grata, the widow Isobel Hughes Wells!

This was an enemies to lovers read and the H/h's story was very emotional but very smexy too! I'm so g
Timitra
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rated 4.5 Stars

I loved The Billionaire's Bargain, the forbidden element to it, the secrets, lies, betrayal and the smoking hot sex scenes. I adored the premise of it also and the main characters, Isobel and Darius even though he annoyed me at times I still loved their journey. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

Copy provided by author
Fedora
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four and a half stars.

The Billionaire's Bargain by Naima Simone is one whirlwind read. Billionaire Darius King and the lovely Isobel Hughes have one heck of a meet-cute when they literally stumble across one another in the pitch-black hallway during a ritzy ball in the middle of a Chicago blackout. When the lights come back on, both are stunned to discover that they've already met before--Isobel is the widow of Darius's late best friend, Gage.

Naturally the path to true love is strewn with obstac
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
What happens when a blackout hits Chicago and strangers are stranded together in the dark? Sexy times, that’s what happens LOL. During the blackout, Darius King spends a memorable night with the woman he gets stranded with, only to find out the following morning that she is Isobel Hughes, his best friend’s widow – a woman he hates. There’s a lot of family history and drama in the backdrop that resulted in these two being enemies. Things begin to change when Darius proposes a marriage of convenie ...more
CaroMommie
Jul 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
I think this story being the first of hers under the Desire banner might explain how this became a dud.

This book was harrrrrd to read, mainly because of how they got together, even in fictionland it was too unbelievable to be probable.

In any other marriage of convenience, there is some build up to it, something somewhat convincing, this, not even a little bit.

Spoiler:
She’s a whore and a liar, and he decides to knock on her door and chain himself to her for life, for someone else. He hates her g
JenReadsRomance
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
I am so conflicted about this because I super love Naima Simone, but Darius does something so freaking out of bounds, which is (view spoiler), that I honestly needed him to grovel FOREVER and I felt like his behavior was a real deal-breaker. Perhaps if it had occurred earlier in the book, perhaps it could have satisfied me as an ending? But category leng ...more
Cherie
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A city wide blackout at a charity function and a resulting panic attack, leads Isobel & Gage to spend the night in a darkened hallway, discovering what make each other tick without revealing their identities. Sunrise brings a huge shock when Isobel realizes she just spent the night in the arms of her dead husband's best friend. Can the passion they discovered survive the years of lies and hatred from her in-laws/his surrogate family?
Naima Simone hits it out of the ballpark with her latest c
Hisgirl85
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
4.5 stars. Angst, drama, heat, and heart. This was brilliantly done and an emotional rush of a read that had me crying and tearing up. Short, hot, and moving, this book has a lot to say and does it so well. Emotional and psychological abuse present, but in short flashbacks for TW.
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Naima Simone’s The Billionaire’s Bargain is an enemies-to-lovers, fake engagement, forced proximity romance. The blurb intrigued me. The fact that Naima is an incredible author had me grabbing this book.

For me, part of the magic of this story was that I had no idea what to expect from this 218 page book. I’ve read Naima before so I knew I was going to have a very strong-willed heroine, with an alpha hero who thinks he knows everything and wants to be constantly in control. I got that. But also g
Latifa Morrisette
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book with frustrate you, make you mad and steam up your kindle. Naima is the queen of slow burn and this book definitely burns so good.
b.andherbooks
*I received a free copy in exchange for a fair review*

I adore Naima Simone, and her books are without question brilliant. I did read the entire story and loved how the steamy hate between Isobel and Darius developed into steamy hate sex, then love. The premise of hooking up as "strangers" during a blackout is also super fun and sexy and I love a marriage of convenience, and Simone knocks it out of the park with heat, character development, and soapy good fun.

Darius believes his best friend's ex,
Lynn Brooks
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forbidden passion ignites under the guise of darkness! Naima Simone did NOT disappoint in her Harlequin Desire debut! With an exciting start to the story, she quickly reveals enough past drama to catch the reader's attention from the very beginning, and holds it throughout with the relationship brewing between Darius and Isobel and also with the back story hanging over their head that we are dying to hear all about. The story was fast paced and packed with steam. Looking forward to more in the s ...more
Narda
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started reading Harlequins when I was taking college classes at night and I had some time between classes. Instead of studying or doing homework I would read these books because they were short and I could read one between classes. I discovered Naima Simone last year and fell in love with her WAGs series. Therefore you take my love of category romance and my love of Naima and this was a book that I was really looking forward to reading.

Naima did not disappoint, the relationship between Darius
Riet De Bruin-Strijker
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always loved the pen-woman-craft of Ms Simone, and this time with her Harlequin book, she has done it again! I loved this book. I loved the characters of both the heroine and the hero. They are both so well developed. And what else is developing is a joy to read (with a cold cloth or fan nearby) Oh my, scorching hot! A romance where the lies and deceit of the past can dissolve in the love of today.
In the dark, he kisses her…not knowing who she really is….
When a blackout hits Chicago, billi
Heather Nobbs
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great enemies to lovers romance and I love that type of storyline. I was hooked from the beginning on this book. Isobel is the widow of Darius’s best friend and he can’t stand her. He blames her for his friend dying and everything that went wrong in his friend’s life and how it affected his friend’s family. Of course there is an attraction between Darius and Isobel but they fight it because they can’t stand to be around each other. During a blackout Darius has a panic attack caused by ...more
Vilma
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Billionaire toppled by reported ‘gold-digger’

I rarely have the time or desire to read a book in one sitting, but I could not put this one down. I wanted to know how every chapter turned out and led to the HEA.

Darius, while handsome, rich and all man, has a panic attack that only Isobel can guide him through. But all of this is before Darius knows who Isobel is. To him, she’s just a beautiful stranger that is talking him off a ledge during the blackout.

Darius and Isobel have history, she is the w
Dottie
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the blackout billionaire's series and the first Desire by Naima Simone and what a fantastic book. Things are not always what they seem and Isobel Hughes is desperate to try to get to see her sons grandparents to ask for financial help. They have refused to accept that her son is their late sons as they believe she was unfaithful. Why try to confront them but her sons welfare is of utmost importance to her. Darius King has been part of the Wells family and considered their late ...more
Marcie Robinson
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“The Billionaire’s Bargain” is Naima Simone’s debut with Harlequin Desire and it is fabulous.

Darius King’s main goal is to protect the family that took him in as a young boy. And if that means offering marriage to Isobel Hughes, his best friend’s widow, then that is what he’ll do.
Isobel wants nothing to do with the family that treated her as if she were beneath them. But she’ll do anything to protect her son and make sure he has the life he deserves.
Darius and Isobel will need to find a way beyo
Mel
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

A quick read about a heroine who has been wrongfully vilified and her late husband’s best friend who was like a brother to him and like a second son to the family who still blames her for their son’s death. Isobel and Gage had a painful marriage made worse by Gage spreading lies about his wife. He dies and Gage’s family, including his best friend Darius make it their mission to let Isobel know just how despised and unwelcome she is. They s
Nicole Westmoreland
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic book from author Naima Simone! I LOVED this book so much! My heart sank…I got tears of heartbreak and tears of happiness! The Billionaire’s Bargain is a blackout storyline that dives into enemies to lovers and forbidden romance. Billionaire Darius King, has quite the proposition for Isobel, his best friend’s widow. Naima Simone has written a wonderful storyline, intriguing characters, and opened up this series with a huge grip on me! I am really looking forward to the next book ...more
Annette Reavis
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To say Ms. Simone is one of my favorite authors is an understatement. I know whenever I pick up a book written by her it will never disappoint and this story is no exception. The journey Darius must go on is not easy and he learns things about himself and his friendships that can break your heart at times. Isobel is the perfect match for him. The story of enemies to lovers is one that you will truly enjoy - another hit by Ms. Simone!
Laura Brown
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Granted, Naima Simone is an auto buy for me: I haven't read a book of hers I haven't loved. This one no exception. I loved the conflict between Isobel and Darius, and had to keep reading to find out all the secrets between them. The fake relationship and forced proximity worked wonderfully between the two characters. From the initial blackout hookup, to caring for Isobel's son together, this book was a treat.
Hannah Hearts Romance
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book had the unfortunate position of being read right after Desperate Measures by Katee Robert. The fact that I still read this in one setting while wrestling a mondo book hangover is a testament to how GOOD this book is and how much I LOVE Naima Simone.

One of my favorite things about Naima is how she handles power differentials in relationships. She can tackle some heavy, taboo subjects with heart and finesse. I don’t think there are many other authors that can do it like she can. That tal
Jadine
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had a hard time putting this book down. I was reading it at every opportunity. If for sure sucked me in and I wanted to see the story through. I'm curious to see who else was affected by the blackout. I see who the next book is about. I wish we would have seen more of him in this book but I think he was only mentioned in passing.
Sonya
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness another hit it out of the ball park story. It’s fun, it’s sexy, it’ll make up want to scream at the characters and say WTH are you thinking! At times it’s sweet I love how great of a mom Isobel is and how she puts her son ahead of everything and will do whatever she has to in order to give him a good life. It’s an awesome read.
Gladys
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very enjoyable enemies to lovers romance. The chemistry between Darius and Isobel is off the charts! Their story is filled with drama, emotional turmoil, secrets and lies. I felt so bad for Isobel and I liked Darius but I do wish he had done some things differently. All together though, I thought it was a really good read. This is my candid, voluntary review.
Sue
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hurts so good! The Billionaire's Bargain sucked me in and wouldn't let go!! Darius and Isobel are amazing! Can they overcome the obstacles in their way to find true love? Well, I guess you need to read this amazing book to find out!! I loved it!

Janeen Phillips
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! That’s all I can say is wow!!!

There is so much emotional baggage and turmoil I this one. But the underlying theme throughout is that you must have trust between two people above all else or everything will fall apart.

I stayed up way too late to finish this one but it was so worth it!
Theresa
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Naima Simone doesn’t disappoint with his new wonderful read. I could not put it down. Isobel and Darius are great together. What better is there then fiends to enemies to lover. Will truth come out during a act of god. I cannot wait for the next read.
Katryna
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great book. It all started when there was a city wide blackout during a charity event. This was endlessly fun to read! As Naima’s foreward stared “remember that just because something happens in the dark, doesn’t always mean it stays in the dark
Harlequin Desire:...: The Billionaire's Bargain by Naima Simone 1 4 Jun 16, 2019 10:44AM
USA Today Bestselling author Naima Simone’s love of romance was first stirred by Johanna Lindsey, Sandra Brown and Linda Howard many years ago. Well not that many. She is only eighteen…ish. Though her first attempt at a romance novel starring Ralph Tresvant from New Edition never saw the light of day, her love of romance, reading and writing has endured. Published since 2009, she spends her days—a ...more

Blackout Billionaires (2 books)
  • Black Tie Billionaire (Blackout Billionaires #2)