Start by marking “Her Colorado Cowboy (Rocky Mountain Heroes #3)” as Want to Read:
Her Colorado Cowboy (Rocky Mountain Heroes #3)

Her Colorado Cowboy

(Rocky Mountain Heroes #3)

Lassoing the single mom's heart...
A
Rocky Mountain Heroes story

Socialite Lily Davis agrees to take her children riding...despite her fear of horses. But now widowed cowboy Noah Stephens is determined to help her get comfortable in the saddle. And, at her children's insistence, Lily finds herself promoting his rodeo school. As Noah and Lily work together, will Noah continue
Published March 19th 2019 by Love Inspired Large Print

To ask other readers questions about Her Colorado Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Colorado Cowboy

Deanne Patterson
This is the third book in the Rocky Mountain Heroes series. The series features five brothers living in scenic mountainous Ouray,Colorado. Several of these faith filled brothers are married some are not yet. This is Noah Stephens and Lily Davis's story. Lily is a socialite , her father was a real estate mogul and her husband was involved in the oil fields. Unlike some with money though she is sweet and down to earth and always wants the best for her two children. Noah and Lily have both been dow ...more
Susan
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it

Mindy Obenhaus

HER COLORADO COWBOY is the first book I've ever read by Mindy Obenhaus. To be honest, I fell in love with the cover the minute I saw it. I knew I would read it anyway, because For some reason, I love when the book is set in Colorado. I don't know why that is, but it seems like I read many books that take place there, but the cover really pulled me in. I loved everything about this beautiful story and I'm excited to read more by Mindy. She has a way of grabbing he
Brittany
This book was so good! I honestly didn’t want it to end. However, when it did, I was left with such a satisfied and happy feeling that I am now eagerly awaiting the release of the next book in the series! Each of the stories in the Rocky Mountain Heroes series is so good, and although they are definitely connected, they can be picked up and enjoyed without having to read the books before them.

I loved these characters! Noah and Lily had both faced different types of heartache and it was interesti
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Rocky Mountain Heroes #3
By Mindy Obenhaus

Lily Davis is determined to give her kids the summer that they deserve while hopefully giving her son a reset on his attitude and behavioral issues. Issues that can be squarely placed on her ex-husband's lack of interest in their kids. And his betrayal has her level of trust in others, especially men at a fairly low level. Ouray Colorado seems the perfect place to get away from their normal and where they won't be known.

When Lily's chil
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is the third book in the Rocky Mountain Heroes series. It is the story of the five Stephens brothers. In the first two books we meet Andrew and Matt along with their father Clint. Each of these two meets someone from their past and rekindles a relationship that they thought was long past. This book is the story of Noah, the oldest brother.Lily Davis is a divorced, Denver Socialite who finds herself in Ouray, Colorado for the summer with her two children. Her goal is to teach them to be lovi ...more
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK
Lily Davis decides to take her two children on an all summer vacation in the small town of Ouray, near Abundant Blessings Ranch, where trail rides were offered. Lily is in hopes her kids will have fun without the electronic devices they have. As well as hoping it would change her son Colton’s attitude. But spending time at the Ranch was much more than Lily ever expected.

This is such a sweet story! And I like Lily’s reason for helping her kids have fun with outside of thei
Beth Erin
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I officially want to move to Ouray, Colorado! The Stephens clan has completely won my heart and I just can't resist the small town charm and appealing ranch life any longer!

Stories of redemption, restoration, and second chances are near and dear to my heart and this story is a great example of God's boundless grace poured out over our lives. Obenhaus has created a wonderful variety of characters within this little world and I enjoy all the relational nuances!

This is the first series I've had th
Faye
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lily Davis is a Denver Socialite, divorced with two children, her wealthy ex-husband doesn't have time for their children and her son is acting out. She is scared of horses but after her son tries to steal horseshoes from Noah Stephens, one trail ride turns into repeated visits to his riding school.

Noah Stephen is a widowed cowboy, he dreams of teaching children the art of rodeo. He offers to teach Piper and Colton to ride, and Lily works to help him get the word out about his school.

Can two hea
Suzie Waltner
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every time I visit Ouray, Colorado and the Stephens family, I’m not ready to leave when the book ends. Mindy Obenhaus does a superb job of showing readers the sights, celebrations, and adventure this small Colorado town has to offer, I’m ready for an in-real-life visit.

In Her Colorado Cowboy, we get an inside look at Abundant Blessings Ranch as well as the development of Noah Stephens’s rodeo school. I enjoyed getting to know the horses and “seeing” Noah in his element as he works with Lily’s so
Kav
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd never heard of Ouray, Colorado until I started reading Mindy Obenhaus and now I Internet stalk the town all the time The pictures are breathtaking and when I combine those images with Mindy's stories I kinda bliss out in a reading nirvana stupor. :-) Especially with cowboys and horses and cute kids and...cowboys! Like a whole family of brothers who make up these Rocky Mountain Heroes. Be still my heart!

Noah and Lily have both endured some heart-breaking tragedies in their lives and romance i
Hallie Szott
Mindy Obenhaus had me at “Colorado.” The third book in her Rocky Mountain Heroes series, Her Colorado Cowboy is just as delightful as the previous two books, sure to please readers of contemporary cowboy fiction.

Abundant Blessings Ranch brings Noah Stephens and Lily Davis together, despite their initial differences. With some heartache to overcome, the friendship they soon form is unlikely, yet feels natural—add in Lily’s children, and it becomes a great story of family, hope, growth, and of cou
Carole Jarvis
Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/2K3qMIj

Book #3 in the Rocky Mountain Heroes series, Her Colorado Cowboy, had me at the cover! Now, of course, the cover alone doesn’t guarantee a great read, but that’s certainly what you’ll discover within these pages. Mindy Obenhaus has crafted a well-written story filled with characters cannot help but steal your heart.

Cowboys and a setting in Colorado’s ruggedly beautiful Uncompahgre Wilderness area … what could be more perfect? The series focu
Pam
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third book in Mindy Obenhaus’ Rocky Mountain Heroes series, Her Colorado Cowboy is every bit as charming as the first two books. Once again both main characters have wounds from their past that makes it difficult to trust the opposite sex but sometimes God has plans higher than our own.

Spending the summer in Ouray, Colorado with her two children, Lily Davis hopes to show them a good time before their mandated visitation with a mostly disinterested father. Only Lily never counted on having to
Kate (The Shelf Life)
This was the first first story by Mindy Obenhaus that I have read.
This was a sweet and cute story.
Even though it was book 3 of a series, it worked well as a standalone, but I'm very interested to going back and reading books 1 and 2 of the Rocky Mountain Hero's series and finding out more on this family of brothers.

Mindy brought to her story a very sweet and touching story on over coming fears and a story of trust and working through heartache. Even with the emotional elements, it wasn't a heavy
Inspirationalfictionreader
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Her Colorado Cowboy is the third story in the Rocky Mountain Heroes series, which is about 5 brothers, but it can easily be read as a stand-alone. This story is, by far, my favorite of the series.

I was immediately drawn into the story and enjoyed catching up with Noah’s family. I am loving how their dad Clint’s story is slowly developing over the course of the books. He is a really great character. The feel of the small town Colorado setting is wonderful and makes you want to actually go there
Rachel DeVaughn
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing Rocky Mountain Heroes-Cowboy story! I LOVE this series and the Stephens family! Great characters, small town, romance, feel good story… all wrapped into one.

This story (book 3) continues with one of the Stephens brothers-Noah-as the main character. Along with his other brothers mentioned in books 1 and 2 and his dad; they continue to expand the ranch to help the community and people around them. Out of town Lily and her children come to visit the ranch for the summer to take hors
Karen
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Her Colorado Cowboy is such a sweet love story about letting go of your fears and past heartaches! I can totally relate to Lily Davis’s reluctance to grow closer to Noah Stephens, owner of the ranch where her children go on a horseback ride. As handsome and appealing as a cowboy might be, like Lily, I’m a total city girl. Also, I’m not extremely afraid of horses like Lily is, but I’ll admit that their large size does make me nervous!

As the story progresses, Noah grows closer to Lily over the co
MJSH
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Oh, what a tender and sweet story about second-chances and overcoming your fears! I’ve read the first two books in the series and enjoyed them thoroughly, but I really loved this third book about Noah and Lily. Perhaps it’s the broken vulnerability both characters embody. Perhaps it’s their past fears that they work so hard to avoid and then conquer. It’s a great read for any contemporary romance fans and it can definitely be read as a stand-alone.

Noah is the oldest of the five Stephens brother
Amanda  H
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was a heartwarming tale of two people working through heartache and meeting one another on the other side. I loved the characters, as they developed and got to know each other. I also enjoyed the children and the element that they add to this story. This series works well together or can stand alone, though I personally was left with wanting to know more about the Stephens family and reading each of their stories. This is a wonderful read!
I received this book from Just Read Tours. Th
Patti Whitson Stephenson
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet story of love, loss, and second chances. Lily and Noah both have experienced deep hurt and sorrow, and Lily is concerned for her children. She’s hoping that a summer spent at the ranch learning to ride and new rodeo skills will bring them closer together as a family. Working together on a project have Lily and Noah thinking about new beginnings. It’s an engaging story and held my interest. Although this is part of a series, it was easy to catch up on needed information from the o ...more
Sydney
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, ebooks
Mindy Obenhaus has written delightful read in the third book of her Rocky Mountains Heroes series in Her Colorado Cowboy. It’s about a woman that strives to overcome her fear of horses because her kids love them so much. It’s about promoting a rodeo and finding and falling in love with a cowboy in the process. It’s about overcoming fear and letting love thrive. This sweet contemporary romance novel is one that readers will revel in.

Series: Rocky Mountain Heroes
Genre: contemporary, romance
Publish
Lilian
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ownedebooks, reviews
This was an interesting story! Her Colorado Cowboy is about a single mom who struggles with her children and decides to take a summer-long trip to spend more time together with them, and along the way they end up... riding horses and meeting the owner of the stable, Noah. I really related to Lily's fear of horses, because while I don't fear horses (I actually love them a lot), there are other animals that would cause me to have a similar reaction to Lily's reaction to horses.

The plot mainly dea
Rose
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was certainly interesting but overall a bit slow. Maybe it just was not for me but I did not enjoy it nor did I dislike it. I enjoyed the previous books of the series more than this one. It fell flat at times although the writing was engaging.
The main part of the plot that I noticed was Lily's fear of horses and how she attempts to overcome it. I think her fear was represented in a realistic manner most of the times, but Lily could be a little dramatic about horses.
I don't have much to
Kat (caveat.lectors)
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love any books with cowboys and this is on top of my list of faves. A sweet read with horses, watching two people’s love story, and wonderful world building. A quick read to enjoy anytime of year and will not disappoint on taking you for a quick adventure whether it be for love, the Colorado mountains, or learning the ropes of the farm.
* I received a copy in exchange for a review, all statements above are my own opinions.*
Katherine
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One aspect of this that really liked was that it features a bit older characters than what you typically see in the sweet romance genre. As I age, the characters I'm reading about become younger and younger, so having a mom with older kids still find her happily ever after made me relate to the balance of romance and motherhood.

Ms. Obenhaus balanced Lily's upscale suburban background with the gradual transition to loving ranch life, providing realistic pacing in character development. The same i
Adrianna A
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ellie
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I enjoyed this book. I especially liked Noah's dad and family and how they brought Lily in the kids into their world. I enjoyed the addition of Honey the horse and how she and Lily bonded. Both Lily and Noah had past issues to work through which they did and it was nice to see that character growth. I thought the relationship between Noah and Lily developed a little too fast, but it was a good story. Noah is a widower and Lily is divorced. This is part of the Rocky Mountain Heroes series, but I ...more
Laurel Blount
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my very first trip to Ouray, Colorado with Mindy Obenhaus, and I loved it! Lily and Noah were beautifully crafted characters, and I loved seeing them work through their issues as the story progressed. Lily's terror of horses and her desire to be loved and appreciated for her true self were so easy for me to sympathize with--and oh, boy--the widowed Noah's broken heart! Mindy's skillful depiction of that cowboy's efforts to finally cope with his lingering grief--and the guilt he feels as ...more
SARAH TAYLOR
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read in The Rocky Mountain Heroes Series such a great book I would recommend this book ! This book was such a great read about a Lady who is taking her children on a vacation away from city life to a beautiful ranch where there is horses and her children love horseback riding but she doesn't want them to know her fear of horses then she meets a widowed cowboy who is determined to help her over come her fear. Lily even finds herself promoting his rodeo school! This is a must read by ...more
Donald And
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Excellent book. Enjoyed this book. I want to make sure I read the series . Have already purchased another one. I recommend this series. Mindy is a very good author.
It took Mindy Obenhaus forty years to figure out what she wanted to do when she grew up. But once God called her to write, she never looked back. A three-time Carol Award finalist, Mindy is passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. She lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, the youngest of her five children and two dogs. When ...more

Rocky Mountain Heroes (5 books)
  • Their Ranch Reunion (Rocky Mountain Heroes #1)
  • The Deputy's Holiday Family (Rocky Mountain Heroes #2)
  • Reunited in the Rockies (Rocky Mountain Heroes #4)
  • Her Rocky Mountain Hope (Rocky Mountain Heroes #5)